Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Long-time S.F. Supe Aaron Peskin is a Mean Drunk

Smelling like whiskey at public meetings, berating underlings, angry drunken tirades...

He's gonna try and he "a better person" now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19June 15, 2021 2:04 AM

"...more than two dozen people interviewed by The Chronicle over the past couple of months...said he had often bullied colleagues and lower-level city staff, used profane language in private conversations, and baselessly accused a department head of corruption in a public meeting.

Many said Peskin has appeared to be visibly intoxicated in public and private phone meetings, with some alleging they smelled alcohol on him during in-person meetings before the pandemic and noticed that he spoke in a slow, slurred fashion. Multiple people, including elected officials, said they feared Peskin would retaliate against them if they spoke publicly about his behavior or filed an official complaint.”

by Anonymousreply 1June 12, 2021 6:33 PM

Always running for cover...to treatment...sympathy will be puked in spades from the gullible. Somehow, I believe other emotions/feelings will be prevalent from the people he abused.

by Anonymousreply 2June 12, 2021 6:38 PM

"Many City Hall staffers said his sometimes aggressive and offensive behavior escalated during the pandemic and became more obvious on Zoom than it had been in the crowded board chambers over the years. Several of his colleagues said they are worried about him on a personal level.”

by Anonymousreply 3June 12, 2021 6:52 PM

They aren't worried about him. They hope he dies.

by Anonymousreply 4June 12, 2021 6:54 PM

"...Peskin’s alleged bullying and problem with alcohol has been an open secret at City Hall since 2000. Ginsburg, who served as chief of staff under then-Mayor Gavin Newsom in 2007 and 2008, said he received “frequent and regular” calls from Peskin as late as 11 p.m. back then in which the supervisor would scream and curse at him.

When Ginsburg took his parks job in 2009, he said he stopped answering Peskin’s calls after 8 p.m. However, in a phone call about city parks in February, Ginsburg said, Peskin told the department head that his wife was “hot,” which Ginsburg found highly inappropriate.

“His behavior isn’t new,” Ginsburg said. “He’s been verbally harassing and intimidating people as long as I’ve worked in government. The behavior is insidious and cancerous.”"

by Anonymousreply 5June 12, 2021 6:55 PM

Denial:

[Quote]“Many people in our society imbibe; many people use different substances, and I am one of those people, but I keep it together,” Peskin said Wednesday. He added that he works “about 24 hours a day.” He said he had drunk excessively a “time or two but not too often” and that alcohol does not influence his behavior or actions.

[Quote]“Elected officials have been known to have a drink,” he said. “I believe Vladimir Putin and Donald Trump, major world leaders, have had a drink on the job.” It has been widely documented that former President Trump doesn’t drink.

Funny how he puts himself on same the level of presidents, and peculiar (and in Trump's case, wrong) examples no less.

by Anonymousreply 6June 13, 2021 2:35 AM

Sounds like a real cunt.

by Anonymousreply 7June 13, 2021 3:08 AM

[quote] Supe

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 8June 13, 2021 3:12 AM

Sounds like the sort of San Francisco official who poops in the street.

by Anonymousreply 9June 13, 2021 3:28 AM

He's a drunk. I've worked with a few of the them over the years. They're usually very sweet or very nasty.

by Anonymousreply 10June 13, 2021 3:34 AM

^ Usually the latter.

by Anonymousreply 11June 13, 2021 3:41 AM

Diving While Intoxicated

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12June 13, 2021 3:45 AM

This guy used to represent my district, and from the moment he entered politics, he was an asshole. Hopefully, people will wake-up and tget him out of office. He's a disgrace.

by Anonymousreply 13June 13, 2021 3:49 AM

City Hall doesn't go for booze and dope!

by Anonymousreply 14June 13, 2021 3:53 AM

Asshole should have his ass kicked.

by Anonymousreply 15June 13, 2021 3:57 AM

Any good stories about him, r10? Were you interviewed by the Chronicle?

by Anonymousreply 16June 13, 2021 9:15 PM

Does anyone know how to get back to the DL?

by Anonymousreply 17June 13, 2021 9:28 PM

There's nothing in r12's video to indicate he's drunk aside from the (tired) Amy Winehouse "Rehab" soundtrack.

by Anonymousreply 18June 15, 2021 12:45 AM

Always amazed people function in jobs drunk. Even at my worst, I would never drink while working - and I worked 60+ hour weeks.

by Anonymousreply 19June 15, 2021 2:04 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!