Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Just donated $10 to Andrew Yang's campaign

This is my second donation. New York needs Andrew Yang. Let's make him the nominee for NYC Mayor!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23June 20, 2021 12:56 AM

I'm sure that will make a big difference, OP.

by Anonymousreply 1June 9, 2021 11:43 PM

Adams is skipping the debate tomorrow night. He's attending a service for the 10 year old boy killed in Queens. Major mistake. Especially since he's currently leading in the polls.

by Anonymousreply 2June 9, 2021 11:44 PM

Major plus. He does not need to debate those clowns.

by Anonymousreply 3June 9, 2021 11:46 PM

Why, OP? The man is a billionaire...he should pay his campaign expenses himself. Adams is all about the show so of course he’s all concerned now about a dead kid. The next Giuliani

by Anonymousreply 4June 10, 2021 12:05 AM

Every little bit counts, R1

by Anonymousreply 5June 10, 2021 12:34 AM

R4, he is not a billionaire. His net worth is around $5 million. And the donations are toward his campaign, not him personally.

by Anonymousreply 6June 10, 2021 12:34 AM

$10? Whoop-dee-fucking-do!

We'll use it to send 100,000 spam texts.

Thanks

by Anonymousreply 7June 10, 2021 12:49 AM

Hey, let's be honest. DeBlasio was the absolute worst mayor in New York history. The crime is out of control. Why would we want anyone with similar views?

by Anonymousreply 8June 10, 2021 12:49 AM

I no longer live in NYC (did in the 80s and 90s), but if I did, I'd vote for either the cop or Yang. I wasn't too crazy about Yang until I saw what he said here. He's absolutely right, and of course in our bizarro world he's "under fire" for it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9June 19, 2021 12:20 PM

Yang's got my vote!

by Anonymousreply 10June 19, 2021 12:22 PM

Yang is a homophobe. He also is trash. Adams was right when calling him out on being an undercover Republican pretending to be a Democrat. He is like Guiliani.

Not to mention he didn’t set foot in NYC throughout all of the pandemic until it was safe again, meanwhile Adams stayed in the city the entire time!

by Anonymousreply 11June 19, 2021 12:25 PM

Adams deserves a medal for his "bravery" during the pandemic.

Yang deserves your vote.

by Anonymousreply 12June 19, 2021 12:28 PM

No. Yang isn’t a NYer.

by Anonymousreply 13June 19, 2021 12:30 PM

We already had a rich non-New Yorker , Bloomberg. He turned the city into a hyper-gentrified playground for corporate interest and real estate investors. Life long residents find they are struggling to afford to rent an apartment, never mind buying a home. Yang is a carpetbagging bullshitter.

by Anonymousreply 14June 19, 2021 12:36 PM

R14 exactly. Bloomberg sold the entire city to corporations and foreign buyers. So much property is owned by China now.

Yang would be even worse.

And I can’t vote for someone who literally ran away from NYC when things got touch and hid away in his Hamptons home. Someone who doesn’t understand anything about this city or it’s natives.

by Anonymousreply 15June 19, 2021 12:42 PM

[quote] DeBlasio was the absolute worst mayor in New York history.

Whew.

by Anonymousreply 16June 19, 2021 12:42 PM

My husband and I voted early yesterday -- sorry, but Yang's name wasn't among our five choices. We'll see what the results are like next week.

by Anonymousreply 17June 19, 2021 12:43 PM

Yang wasn’t one of my five either. He’s corrupt.

by Anonymousreply 18June 19, 2021 12:48 PM

I like him, but not for mayor. Let him prove himself by doing something real, serving the people of this city, first. Bloomberg didn’t have civil service experience, but has a philanthropic streak a mile wide.

As Big Bird DeBlasio has discovered (after making his grandiose Juneteenth promise haha), this city is actually run by the unions.

I think Garcia and Maguire have the experience dealing with unions and making deals. (Adams is a wheeler-dealer, too, but benefits himself personally!)

by Anonymousreply 19June 19, 2021 1:02 PM

New York deserves Maya Wiley!

by Anonymousreply 20June 19, 2021 3:04 PM

R9 that alone should make any sane person vote for him. What is wrong with our world?

by Anonymousreply 21June 20, 2021 12:52 AM

R16 I see George W Bush signing similar posts when it comes to Trump and the worst US President; must be such a relief!

by Anonymousreply 22June 20, 2021 12:55 AM

R11 Adams has the same shitty relationship with real estate developers that Trump had. He's basically mafioso.

by Anonymousreply 23June 20, 2021 12:56 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!