Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

False elements in DL fave Mom

Here are two to start:

People who are not well off living in a house with upper-middle class decor elements and a huge bedroom.

AA meeting moves to someones home when incapacitated.

by Anonymousreply 17June 23, 2021 1:28 AM

Give up, op.

by Anonymousreply 1June 9, 2021 9:49 PM

You've got your finger on the pulse of the cultural zeitgeist, OP.

by Anonymousreply 2June 9, 2021 9:51 PM

Mom is a DL fave? Really?

by Anonymousreply 3June 9, 2021 9:52 PM

So glad to hear your thoughts on a show that's almost a decade old and just ended.

by Anonymousreply 4June 9, 2021 9:53 PM

Anna Farish ash Chrishtie...Allishon Janney, Jamie Presshley...sho many shtarsh!

by Anonymousreply 5June 9, 2021 9:54 PM

Don't mention Anna fucking Faris.

That whore cost us our jobs!

by Anonymousreply 6June 9, 2021 9:55 PM

R4, I never watched it before reading about it on DL. I only heard of it a few years ago.

Even Alison Janey and Mimi Kennedy cannot save it. It is such a bizarre program. It tries to tackle gritty material in cotton candy sets.

I am fascinated by it.

by Anonymousreply 7June 9, 2021 11:44 PM

The only reason to bring up Anna Faris is to remind people of the existence of another Fairs - and that's Sean Faris (unrelated)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8June 10, 2021 12:27 AM

What a bizarre program. It is never great, but the quality veers greatly between seasons.

The way they dispose of Anna Farris' children is disturbing. (When I first saw it for a few episodes, I did not know her character had children.)

The bad photoshopped family photo in the credits is insultingly bad.

I cannot wait for us to be fully unquarantined.

by Anonymousreply 9June 13, 2021 1:21 PM

R7, it IS bizarre. I’ve never really watched it, except late at night when I’m trying to sleep. It’s a completely different show, depending on which season you’re seeing.

Chuck Lorre can’t seem to let go of his shows. I’ll admit that the do end up meandering in some interesting directions, as real life does.

by Anonymousreply 10June 13, 2021 1:51 PM

I had argued with some on DL because seeing random later episodes I had no idea Anna Farris' character was a mother and thought Alison Janney was the title character.

Bizarrely inconsistent characters and bizarrely inconsitent format and plot.

by Anonymousreply 11June 18, 2021 1:23 AM

Oh come on the kids were dull and annoying, the show improved when they jettisoned them. The show was about Moms not kids.

False element - while Anna Faris's character could be adorable, the number of guys interested in her was unbelievable. Former strippers, alcoholics and drug users, who have a gambling problem and have to spend several nights a week at AA meetings are not that much in demand. Especially if they don't want to put out as in the case when she was dating, Justin Long as Adam Henchy.

by Anonymousreply 12June 18, 2021 1:55 AM

I always marveled that Anna Faris' emaciated arms and legs didn't buckle under

the weight of her enormous head

by Anonymousreply 13June 18, 2021 1:59 AM

R12, it is understandable that the kids were cut. But for those of us who came in later, it made it seem like the Alison Janney show. I think originally the title refered to both Faris and Janney.

by Anonymousreply 14June 18, 2021 2:00 AM

I am on season 7 and Faris looks like shit. Really scary emaciated on a show about recovery.

by Anonymousreply 15June 18, 2021 2:01 AM

[quote]Faris looks like shit.

More like Meth shit

or

Heroin shit?

by Anonymousreply 16June 23, 2021 1:26 AM

Miss Faris CHOSE not to return for Season 8,

the...um, final season of "Mom"

by Anonymousreply 17June 23, 2021 1:28 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!