Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Joe Jonas says his brother Nick's decision to break up the Jonas Brothers hit him like a 'tsunami' in group’s new memoir

"It felt formal, serious… and permanent," the singer writes in the group's forthcoming memoir, Blood.

On Tuesday, the singer and member of the pop groups the Jonas Brothers and DNCE, shared an excerpt from the brothers' forthcoming book, Blood, on Instagram. The post details how he felt when he and his siblings, Nick Jonas and Kevin Jonas, decided to take a break from their band after Nick admitted his "heart was no longer in this."

"The tsunami inside of me built until it broke and crashed through everything in its path. But sometimes things need to break down so they can be built up again on a stronger foundation," Joe captioned a black-and-white picture of the brothers looking over a mountain. "As we grow through our lives, I know I'll always have my brothers, as family, as friends, and as BLOOD."

The second slide in Joe's post features a full excerpt from the book.

"When people picture tsunamis, they usually think of it as this majestic, perfectly formed wave that ends in tragedy and destruction. It's brilliantly blue and crests above the horizon as it approaches landfall. It's almost a work of art," the excerpt reads. "That's not really what a tsunami looks like. It's ugly. It's not really even a wave. The ocean simply doesn't stop when it hits land. It builds up at the shore, and, when there's too much displacement, the water breaks free and the ocean spills forth, collecting filth and destroying everything in its path."

The singer adds, "I walked into that meeting like a tourist going to the beach. I kicked back on the couch, said, 'What's going on,' and put my feet up. I didn't see the tsunami coming. And the tsunami was inside me, building up as Nick spoke."

"I still remember the exact words he said, which were a bit different than what Kevin recalled but hit me a lot harder: 'My heart is no longer in this,'" Joe said. "It was like something our dad would say. Very pastorlike. Something an old-fashioned gentleman might say to his partner when getting divorced. It felt formal, serious… and permanent."

The "tsunami" building inside Joe was set loose by his older brother's response. "Kevin was going on about a breakup tour. 'We can figure this out,' he was saying," writes Joe. "'We'll just say, 'This is it. We're breaking up. And we're going to do this farewell tour.' How could he be cool with this so quickly? It was all over, and he was trying to market it. This was not okay. I opened my mouth to speak, and the words burst out."

JoBros fans can read about the band's split, reunion, and more when the memoir - which alternates between each brother's perspective and is co-authored by Neil Strauss - hits shelves Nov. 9.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52June 11, 2021 10:26 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1June 9, 2021 6:42 PM

Yeah, well Nick came for a reunion real quick when his solo career never happened.

by Anonymousreply 2June 9, 2021 6:46 PM

I don't personally find Nick to be that attractive

by Anonymousreply 3June 9, 2021 6:49 PM

He’ll be back

by Anonymousreply 4June 9, 2021 6:53 PM

Were they hoping to be like The Monkees and start making interesting and well-produced music after they broke away from Mickey's clutches?

by Anonymousreply 5June 9, 2021 7:49 PM

I think Nick's attractive but watching him try to sing is excruciating.

by Anonymousreply 6June 9, 2021 7:56 PM

I don't want to read a book by Joe Jonas unless it's a coffee table book of his nudes.

by Anonymousreply 7June 9, 2021 7:59 PM

Chubby Nick is a hottie

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8June 9, 2021 8:10 PM

They way Joe talks about The Jonas Brothers makes it seem as if they were on the level as The Beatles lmfao. Their target demographic was little girls who got older and moved on to different music. The JoBros themselves aged out of the Disney circuit. Now, the JoBros are enjoying renewed success, 10 years later, because of nostalgia. They should get The Cheetah Girls, Hilary Duff, Ashley Tisdale and Jesse McCartney for a package tour.

BTW, Nick was already had solo experience before the band was formed. He had a Christian pop record which he obviously tries to bury just like Katy Hudson (now Perry) does.

by Anonymousreply 9June 9, 2021 8:11 PM

R3 I've fucked uglier - and was glad I did.

by Anonymousreply 10June 10, 2021 12:33 AM

[quote] I still remember the exact words he said, which were a bit different than what Kevin recalled, but hit me a lot harder:

You recall it differently because you’re...special, Joseph. And neither of us love you any less for that. In fact, the love we have for you is very special, and, well...different, from the love Nick and I have for each other. Maybe one day you’ll be ready to hear all about that, buddy. Do you need me to get your blankey while you say goodnight to your little friends here?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11June 10, 2021 12:37 AM

Did Nick also hit him in the face with his huge cock?

by Anonymousreply 12June 10, 2021 12:39 AM

What was all the fuss about, and what do your emotions and lives really have to do with me??!

by Anonymousreply 13June 10, 2021 2:56 AM

Are the Jonas brothers white?

by Anonymousreply 14June 10, 2021 2:58 AM

I always thought they were Latino or mixed with Native American. Joe looks very Sicilian though which he got from his mother. Nick and Kevin look like their father which will result in unfortunate looks as they age.

by Anonymousreply 15June 10, 2021 3:05 AM

Miss Joe basically discovered that Nick was also fucking Kevin, sending her wild with jealousy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16June 10, 2021 9:38 AM

Also incredibly convenient that this tidbit gets released before they go out on tour. Side note: Their Vegas residency was on the verge of starting here in Vegas before Covid shut everything down.

by Anonymousreply 17June 10, 2021 9:51 AM

Kevin: looks like a top, is a bottom Joe: looks like a bottom, is a bottom Nick: looks like a top, is a top Frankie: looks like a bottom, is a top

by Anonymousreply 18June 10, 2021 9:55 AM

also when did we decide that Joe is the most gay one? It’s Kevin, all day every day and twice on Sunday....

Mr. Deleasa: [referring to making a salad for dinner] I would make a fanuk! Kevin: 😨.....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19June 10, 2021 10:03 AM

none of them are hot.

by Anonymousreply 20June 10, 2021 10:08 AM

He knows how to beat the tsunami metaphor to death.

by Anonymousreply 21June 10, 2021 10:09 AM

Is Joe the one who looks like an angry maitre d or is he the one who looks like his mom is also his aunt?

by Anonymousreply 22June 10, 2021 10:13 AM

Joe married an English girl, but he’s never really papped over here or anything. Did she move to the States, or are they just laying low outside of London?

Then again, the Jonas Brothers were never that popular in the U.K., so no-one’s really bothered about him. DNCE did ok in the charts, though.

by Anonymousreply 23June 10, 2021 10:17 AM

Whenever anyone brings up the Jonas Brothers, I’m always compelled to return that hilarious and shocking little scene in an episode of MARRIED TO JONAS, when Kevin hits on his teenage sister-in-law’s cute jock prom-date. Kevin opens the front door and in a second literally fawns and falls drooling all over this guy, even snatching the corsage from the poor kid’s hand and telling him he smells good. Brazen hussy!

(the moment is about 7m 30s into the clip at the link)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24June 10, 2021 10:32 AM

An English girl??

by Anonymousreply 25June 10, 2021 10:33 AM

I couldn't care less. He's the least attractive of the three.

by Anonymousreply 26June 10, 2021 10:35 AM

Nick came running back when he didnt become the big star he thought he was going to be. He's a huge famewhore.

by Anonymousreply 27June 10, 2021 12:43 PM

R27 right. It’s obvious that Nick sees his brothers and their band as a fallback plan B. If I were Kevin & Joe, I’d be rather insulted; what’s more, I’d be blackmailing baby bro a little harder, if he reaaaallly needs to go out on tour again...

by Anonymousreply 28June 10, 2021 6:08 PM

R27 U hit it right on the head. Despite tv deals, pictorials, solo-music career and a much publicized wedding; he's still 'meh.'

by Anonymousreply 29June 10, 2021 10:03 PM

Nick’s latest solo flopped biggly - there will another Jonas Bros lp.

by Anonymousreply 30June 10, 2021 10:09 PM

Nick can go back to courting his gay fans

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31June 10, 2021 11:17 PM

R18 for the WIN. HILARIOUS.

by Anonymousreply 32June 10, 2021 11:27 PM

R24 is blocked in the US?

by Anonymousreply 33June 11, 2021 12:03 AM

Nick has big solo dreams for himself, I dont think they are going to happen. Especially since Joe is a better singer and actor. And Kevin is a nicer human.

by Anonymousreply 34June 11, 2021 12:37 AM

Nick was terrible when he was in SMASH and I've seen video of him in Les Miz and he's forgettable.

Nick does not have what is takes to be a star in his own right.

by Anonymousreply 35June 11, 2021 12:52 AM

Nick got lucky with "Jealous". His music is extremely boring and devoid of any substance. The only acceptable album he ever made was Nick Jonas and The Administration where he tried to be a kid version of Springsteen. How he went from trying to make blues rock to shallow disposable pop trash, I'll never know.

by Anonymousreply 36June 11, 2021 2:02 AM

They're white-adjacent aren't they?

by Anonymousreply 37June 11, 2021 2:05 AM

R37 From their own words.

Italian, German, Irish, Cherokee Indian...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38June 11, 2021 2:07 AM

Nick's future

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39June 11, 2021 2:12 AM

The rumor is that "Cherokee" blood is actually just a code for black blood. Given their dad is from the South, it would not be surprising if they had some black in them.

by Anonymousreply 40June 11, 2021 2:15 AM

They look Middle Eastern

by Anonymousreply 41June 11, 2021 3:06 AM

They really have that racially ambiguous look where they look like a different ethnicity to different people.

by Anonymousreply 42June 11, 2021 3:09 AM

The identity of their paternal grandfather is publicly unknown.

by Anonymousreply 43June 11, 2021 3:27 AM

Does Joe still have a big booty?

by Anonymousreply 44June 11, 2021 3:39 AM

It’s weird because I find “chubby“ Nick hot but not twink Nick.

by Anonymousreply 45June 11, 2021 3:54 AM

R25 yes. Sophie Turner. She’s got a baby girl by Joe now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46June 11, 2021 10:09 AM

R39 sorry, but their dad really has the stereotypical look of a molesting pastor.

by Anonymousreply 47June 11, 2021 10:09 AM

I know they're all married the first one that got married that was Kevin right? He picked so badly.

If I ever saw him instead of yelling KEVIN I would yell MARY!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48June 11, 2021 8:24 PM

R4& the phrase ‘gay as blazes’ was invented for men like Kevin.

Straightwashing Nick & Joe is a crapshoot, but I understand the attempt from a greedy fundie point-of-view; how the Jonai parents think they can pass Kevin off as straight all his life is a wonder. Then again, some people are buying it to this day.

by Anonymousreply 49June 11, 2021 9:01 PM

*pinged NOT picked at r48

But I know all of you people on DL are intelligent enough to deduct it from the context.

by Anonymousreply 50June 11, 2021 9:17 PM

Didn’t they all marry Jesus first, but Jesus wasn’t having it?

by Anonymousreply 51June 11, 2021 10:03 PM

I think Kevin is the only one who is really gay. The other 2 like to gay bait. I agree that Nick will not age well. Joe is the best looking of the three.

by Anonymousreply 52June 11, 2021 10:26 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!