Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Gay Republican shocked after party official says she is sickened that he adopted children

Jeffrey Sossa-Paquette, who is running for a seat in the Second Congressional District in Massachusetts, was horrified when he saw an email sent by fellow Republican Deborah Martell which suggested he shouldn’t be raising children.

Sossa-Paquette and his husband Julian are proud dads to Ashley, 19, and Rylan, 10.

Martell, who represents the district of Ludlow on the Republican State Committee, made the anti-gay remarks in an email sent to members of the Republican Party in Massachusetts on 15 May.

In the email – seen by The Boston Globe – Martell wrote: “I heard he was a ‘married’ homosexual man, who adopted children. I was sickened to hear this.”

Sossa-Paquette became aware of her comments days later and he decided to confront her by email, saying he planned to go to the media about what she had said.

Martell replied: “I am a Catholic who loves God and His Ten Commandments. I wish the best for every person in the world, including you!”

She continued: “What sickened me was that you adopted children… Children deserve a mom and a dad. That’s how God designed marriage and the family.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51June 11, 2021 7:39 PM

When your life sounds like an Onion headline, rethink.

by Anonymousreply 1June 9, 2021 4:47 PM

Who could have predicted such a thing?

by Anonymousreply 2June 9, 2021 4:48 PM

Was she wearing leopard print?

by Anonymousreply 3June 9, 2021 4:50 PM

Mr. Gay Republican, you are not allowed to be shocked.

Either you resign your party which is against LGBT rights, or keep quiet.

by Anonymousreply 4June 9, 2021 4:51 PM

Lie down with dogs, etc.

I am shocked by the name Rylan.

by Anonymousreply 5June 9, 2021 4:51 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6June 9, 2021 4:52 PM

"Rylan".... they couldn't decide on Ryan or Dylan?

by Anonymousreply 7June 9, 2021 4:52 PM

Gay men are only worthy of their donations to the GOP

by Anonymousreply 8June 9, 2021 4:54 PM

Sounds like a real dumbfuck so a typical Republican. I agree that Republicans have no business raising children.

by Anonymousreply 9June 9, 2021 4:55 PM

He gave the frauiest response possible to her. I guess he's a mug-cradler as well.

by Anonymousreply 10June 9, 2021 4:57 PM

You mean a tiger ate the face of a member of the "Party of Tigers that eat your face?" I'm shocked!

by Anonymousreply 11June 9, 2021 5:12 PM

The GOP always shows their true colors to these fools, and yet they always remain in this bad relationship and go back for more. Battered wife syndrome?

by Anonymousreply 12June 9, 2021 5:13 PM

Homosexuals molest children!

by Anonymousreply 13June 9, 2021 5:14 PM

That must be why so many heterosexual kiddie fuckers are in prison.

by Anonymousreply 14June 9, 2021 5:17 PM

These idiots think they're immune from the hate expressed for other groups. A right-wing utopia would never include openly gay people. How stupid must you be thinking that being rich or simply full of hate for others, makes you think you're not "other" to the overwhelming majority of the GOP?

R12, the GOP never hid their true colors (which is no colors, just white). It's just that certain gay (white) men are so full of hate for others that they think they can join in the "fun" with their fellow racists and bigots on the right.

Reality check: Most of the GOP will always view you as a sodomite.

by Anonymousreply 15June 9, 2021 5:17 PM

Well that’s because we are sodomites……..but who gives a fuck what they think…i certainly don’t

by Anonymousreply 16June 9, 2021 5:19 PM

Here's a photo of Martell.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17June 9, 2021 5:19 PM

Gay Republicans….something seems a little off there

by Anonymousreply 18June 9, 2021 5:20 PM

Republicans are NOT our friends….please make a note of it.

by Anonymousreply 19June 9, 2021 5:21 PM

Gay Republicans continually act as if the party's strong anti-gay stance is mostly an act to keep the fundies happy, but that most Republicans "don't really mean it."

Until they get a reality check like this.

by Anonymousreply 20June 9, 2021 5:22 PM

WTF is wrong with Gay Republicans?

I means seriously... something is so fucking wrong with them.

by Anonymousreply 21June 9, 2021 5:23 PM

I don’t get it either…..Gay Republican Log Cabin club is like a dirty little secret…why be a part of that ?

by Anonymousreply 22June 9, 2021 5:25 PM

They're racist assholes with enough money and likely self loathing that they're happy to join the Republicans in opressing poor and minorities.

by Anonymousreply 23June 9, 2021 5:26 PM

I wonder if gay Republican is just really gay self-loathing?

by Anonymousreply 24June 9, 2021 5:28 PM

What R23 said. You have to truly be full of hate for others or just so greedy that you willingly sacrifice your dignity, to be both gay and a Republican. There's no excuse that makes you look good - and that doesn't mean you have to be a Democrat.

I'm personally not registered with any party, but I sure as hell will never vote for a Republican - certainly not these days.

by Anonymousreply 25June 9, 2021 5:30 PM

Gee, where are all the "wokeness forced me to start voting for Republicans" now? How about Mr. 'I was born gay, not a Democrat or Republican"? Democrats are deeply flawed, but Republicans want us back in the closet without any rights. This isn't hard to discover...

by Anonymousreply 26June 9, 2021 5:31 PM

Hater slime alert!

by Anonymousreply 27June 9, 2021 5:32 PM

Debra Martell at a meeting before being asked to resign.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28June 9, 2021 5:42 PM

another at a class reunion…

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29June 9, 2021 5:44 PM

So he's religious - so of course, being a member of one cult that doesn't want you makes sense to join another cult who also doesn't want you.

Name one thing the Catholic church or Republicans have done for him as a gay man. The answer? Fucking nothing.

And - watch - there will be no censure or disapproval of Ms. Martell's comments by the GOP.

by Anonymousreply 30June 9, 2021 5:58 PM

He looks like a fatter Don Lemon pretending to be Titus Andronicus, butching it up.

by Anonymousreply 31June 9, 2021 6:00 PM

They're trying to cancel her, but she'll wear it as a badge of honor and her fundraising will go through the roof.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32June 9, 2021 6:01 PM

“This does not represent the Republican Party that I’ve defended for the last 20 years of my life,” Sossa-Paquette said. Oh - but it does, it does indeed.

Sossa-Paquette said he reached out to state GOP Chairman Jim Lyons, who “basically just told me he’s not going to get involved.”

Yep - there's your support Sossa-Paquette. Fucking fool!

by Anonymousreply 33June 9, 2021 6:07 PM

Gays should be trolling for dick and arranging lavish get together, not raising children in a world of breeders!

by Anonymousreply 34June 9, 2021 6:13 PM

[quote]Gays should be trolling for dick and arranging lavish get together, not raising children in a world of breeders!

You do you. Other people will do the same.

by Anonymousreply 35June 9, 2021 6:25 PM

I’m sick tat those children will be raised by a MAGA cunt. Anyone in the Republican Party as of 2021 is a part of MAGA. Disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 36June 9, 2021 6:31 PM

R36, 2015. Anyone who look at someone as repugnant as Trump and thought " I need me some of that!" is a worthless pile of shit.

by Anonymousreply 37June 9, 2021 6:55 PM

looked*

by Anonymousreply 38June 9, 2021 6:55 PM

[quote]Sossa-Paquette said he reached out to state GOP Chairman Jim Lyons, who “basically just told me he’s not going to get involved.”

Ouch! That had to sting, but what did he expect?

by Anonymousreply 39June 9, 2021 7:08 PM

[R36]

That’s true MAGA fucks should not be permitted to raise children…..period You can tell a MAGA fuck right off. 3 kids, 3 tattoos , and 3 teeth

by Anonymousreply 40June 9, 2021 7:12 PM

R37, my thoughts exactly. It's befuddling and goes beyond just raising major red flags.

by Anonymousreply 41June 9, 2021 7:26 PM

I'm not going to do r34, r35.

by Anonymousreply 42June 9, 2021 7:33 PM

Sossa-Paquette became aware of her comments days later and he decided to confront her by email, saying he planned to go to the media about what she had said.

And he did - and look what happened! Everyone thinks you're a dumbass and the GOP isn't doing anything about it, further making you look like a dumbass.

by Anonymousreply 43June 9, 2021 7:33 PM

Take a hint, dumb cunt.

Sossa-Paquette has since been looking for members of his party to rally around him, and he’s found some, but, for the most part, their support has been tepid, at best.

A few have put out vague statements decrying bigotry and saying Martell’s beliefs have “no place in public discourse.” (Privately, however, is another story.) Massachusetts GOP Vice Chair Tom Mountain was perhaps the most forceful when he said Martell “did a bad thing” and “made our party look really bad.”

When Sossa-Paquette requested to speak about the matter before the Massachusetts Republican state committee this week, he was denied the opportunity.

“After my family and myself being attacked, I’m not allowed to address the State Committee on June 9th meeting,” he tweeted to a local journalist.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44June 11, 2021 6:47 PM

His Twitter page is all MAGA bullshit. He deserves whatever he gets

by Anonymousreply 45June 11, 2021 6:50 PM

Gay Republicans are sick and sickening. Why is he pretending to be so shocked? What a bunch of deplorable cunts!!!

by Anonymousreply 46June 11, 2021 6:52 PM

[quote] Sossa-Paquette said he reached out to state GOP Chairman Jim Lyons, who “basically just told me he’s not going to get involved.”

He should've claimed that dear Debra is denouncing Donald Trump and declare that Joe Biden is the legitimate POTUS. You can bet your tushy Lyons would see the need to get involved then.

by Anonymousreply 47June 11, 2021 6:57 PM

“I never thought leopards would eat MY face,'” sobs man who voted for the Leopards Eating People's Faces Party.

by Anonymousreply 48June 11, 2021 6:58 PM

[quote]“I am a Catholic who loves God and His Ten Commandments. I wish the best for every person in the world, including you!”

This is the problem with religionists. It's not enough to simply abide by the tenets of one's religion—everyone else must, too. Religion must be eradicated if humanity is to survive.

by Anonymousreply 49June 11, 2021 7:15 PM

[quote]I wish the best for every person in the world, including you!”

Yeah, that's how Republicans think, esp., MAGAts 😂

by Anonymousreply 50June 11, 2021 7:34 PM

FUCK OFF, DEBBIE

by Anonymousreply 51June 11, 2021 7:39 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!