Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

“Loki” Viewing Thread

Very high 96 Fresh score.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 388 hours ago

It might have scored high with critics but it's going to ultimately bomb.

Nobody cares about Loki the character. Similar to Han Solo. Fantastic supporting characters but not stand alone, lead characters.

by Anonymousreply 1Last Wednesday at 3:37 AM

Loki's sex is listed as Fluid.

by Anonymousreply 2Last Wednesday at 10:10 AM

[quote]Nobody cares about Loki the character.

There is most definitely an interest in Loki, or more specifically Tom Hiddleston, but I think the overlords of the Marvel Universe are hesitant to give Hiddles his own feature film because they're just not sure about his ability to carry a blockbuster movie on his own.

by Anonymousreply 3Last Wednesday at 1:36 PM

r2 He is a shapeshifter. Sometimes he's a man, others a woman, or a snake. Nothing to do with this binary bullshit. The only thing suspicious is his zoophilic tendencies.

by Anonymousreply 4Last Thursday at 4:42 AM

I identity as a shape-shifter now. Just heard of it.

by Anonymousreply 5Last Thursday at 6:44 AM

He's only hot when he's Loki.

by Anonymousreply 6Last Thursday at 6:46 AM

Liked the first episode! Sure, it was largely exposition, setting up this new TVA and the situation and the conflict to come, but it was fun, fast-pace, with the actors making every scene amusing. Very promising, I will tune in every damn week.

Are they going to use the Multiverse concept for the next round of Marvel product, like they used the Infinity Stones to tie together the last ten years of moves?

by Anonymousreply 7Last Thursday at 10:05 AM

Only sexy as Loki. Yeah, sure.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8Last Thursday at 10:23 AM

I found the first episode a bit underwhelming, hope it gets better. As a true crime/unsolved mysteries fan I found the D.B Cooper thing funny though. Kinda hope they have Loki hook up with a man, now that he's genderfluid or whatever.

by Anonymousreply 9Last Thursday at 11:28 AM

So Loki takes off with the tesseract for 5 minutes and it was enough to create a new timeline, but Steve goes back in time to live with Peggy for 70 years, and that's okay with the TVA?

by Anonymousreply 10Last Thursday at 12:04 PM

[quote]Steve goes back in time to live with Peggy for 70 years, and that's okay with the TVA?

That's something that is bothering a lot of fans. Didn't the show give itself an out by explaining that if something was meant to happen, deviations are fine? DC Comics has the same explanation. The Time Masters allow variations if there are little to no ramifications; but if a variation causes a ripple effect that is too great, they intervene.

by Anonymousreply 11Last Thursday at 12:49 PM

He "dated" Taylor Swift. Remember that.

by Anonymousreply 12Last Thursday at 1:40 PM

R12, and that 'relationship' really killed his career.

Anyway, I didn't think it was bad, but they could have cut 2/3rds of the exposition.

by Anonymousreply 13Last Thursday at 1:54 PM

His virtue signaling Golden Globe speech didn't help either. I love Chrisitan Slater's "bitch, please" expression.

by Anonymousreply 14Last Thursday at 9:27 PM

the speech, Christian is at around 2:15 minutes in. He sounds so self congratulatory.

40 years old never married. Hmmmm.

by Anonymousreply 15Last Thursday at 10:09 PM

R2 In his case, "fluid" means he's a god so he can fuck whatever he wants.

by Anonymousreply 16Last Thursday at 10:12 PM

It's not good. Tom Hiddleston clearly gained the Covid-40 and no illusions will cover that.

by Anonymousreply 17Last Thursday at 10:31 PM

Why did the Time Guardian people make their Time Control Base so 1970s kitsch?

by Anonymousreply 18Last Friday at 7:06 AM

Why do they have to tell us that his sexuality is fluid…why not have some scenes suggesting he is sucking cock or getting ass fucked and let us figure it out for ourselves….

by Anonymousreply 19Last Friday at 7:25 AM

Maybe the fanboys have noticed that he's never shown any interest in a woman?

He really does read as gay, and he called a hot chick a "mewling quim" which kind of clinches it.

by Anonymousreply 20Last Friday at 7:44 AM

I loved it. The set design is just amazing.

by Anonymousreply 21Last Friday at 8:07 AM

r19 Look what r4 said. Loki in his male form was always involved with women or a mare.

by Anonymousreply 22Last Friday at 8:48 AM

r15 In Europe being 40 and not married is pretty common. America is so backwards.

by Anonymousreply 23Last Friday at 8:51 AM

It was OK, not great. It’s basically “Loki gets slapped around by a heavyset sassy black woman.”

I don’t think he looked heavy, though his nose is thicker - is that from drinking? The DB Cooper thing made no sense.

Speaking of noses, I find Owen Wilson’s hard to look at. NEVER understood his appeal to women.

by Anonymousreply 24Last Friday at 9:16 AM

[quote]In Europe being 40 and not married is pretty common. America is so backwards.

Every male celebrity is gay, according to delusional DL eldergays.

by Anonymousreply 25Last Friday at 9:45 AM

Yea ……but why does the evil guy be the one chosen to be ‘sexually fluid’…gay christians probably hate that…they would want someone virtuous and pure of heart to be the homosexual character…a better stereotype for their new found ‘family values’

by Anonymousreply 26Last Friday at 11:01 AM

Because he's the one who is not only based on someone who was originally gender-fluid in a way that no human can be, and the one who hasn't been given a girlfriend or any romantic relationships. And who's read as gay all along.

by Anonymousreply 27Last Friday at 11:06 AM

Wow…a mare…..that’s pretty kinky shit…out of my league….Loki makes me look ‘vanilla’

by Anonymousreply 28Last Friday at 11:12 AM

Loki must be a real size queen

by Anonymousreply 29Last Friday at 11:13 AM

I like a big cock as much as the next guy but that’s a little over the top …..even for me

by Anonymousreply 30Last Friday at 11:15 AM

A horse is a horse ,of course, of course….calling Mr. Ed please report to the set please …..Loki is waiting

by Anonymousreply 31Last Friday at 11:19 AM

nah...just the ones who make a spectacle about dating Taylor Swift

by Anonymousreply 32Last Friday at 12:43 PM

r32 This has nothing to do with being gay, just a famewhore.

by Anonymousreply 33Yesterday at 12:44 AM

Wow, they really wholesale ripped off Umbrella Academy.

by Anonymousreply 3413 hours ago

R10, and others...I’m wondering if they’ll deal with the Endgame timeline issue...from WHOM did they get that drawer full of Infinity stones if not Steve skipping along the timelines. I know they said it was ok if the Avengers played with the stones, but not Steve, per se.

R34, I thought the same at times. But is any story ever really new?

by Anonymousreply 3513 hours ago

[quote]Why did the Time Guardian people make their Time Control Base so 1970s kitsch?

Because it's funny to imagine Gen Xers as the most powerful people in the universe. (The aesthetic was a warm hug.)

by Anonymousreply 3611 hours ago

".I’m wondering if they’ll deal with the Endgame timeline issue...from WHOM did they get that drawer full of Infinity stones if not Steve skipping along the timelines."

I think the TVA is meant to be so far in the future that people have figured out how to make infinity stones, like we've learned how to make synthetic rubies. Which does rather beg the question of why people who live so far in the future are still wearing suits and ties, or judge's robes, but I guess if they'd cobbled up futuristic wardrobes it'd look silly, and less like a bureacracy from hell.

by Anonymousreply 379 hours ago

The aesthetic of the TVA is cool but it makes no sense. These beings control the flow of time throughout the entire universe, yet they base the look of their headquarters on a style that lasted only several years in some regions of one little planet. Maybe this will be explained...

by Anonymousreply 388 hours ago
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!