Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

“Loki” Viewing Thread

Very high 96 Fresh score.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 164September 11, 2021 2:17 AM

It might have scored high with critics but it's going to ultimately bomb.

Nobody cares about Loki the character. Similar to Han Solo. Fantastic supporting characters but not stand alone, lead characters.

by Anonymousreply 1June 9, 2021 11:37 AM

Loki's sex is listed as Fluid.

by Anonymousreply 2June 9, 2021 6:10 PM

[quote]Nobody cares about Loki the character.

There is most definitely an interest in Loki, or more specifically Tom Hiddleston, but I think the overlords of the Marvel Universe are hesitant to give Hiddles his own feature film because they're just not sure about his ability to carry a blockbuster movie on his own.

by Anonymousreply 3June 9, 2021 9:36 PM

r2 He is a shapeshifter. Sometimes he's a man, others a woman, or a snake. Nothing to do with this binary bullshit. The only thing suspicious is his zoophilic tendencies.

by Anonymousreply 4June 10, 2021 12:42 PM

I identity as a shape-shifter now. Just heard of it.

by Anonymousreply 5June 10, 2021 2:44 PM

He's only hot when he's Loki.

by Anonymousreply 6June 10, 2021 2:46 PM

Liked the first episode! Sure, it was largely exposition, setting up this new TVA and the situation and the conflict to come, but it was fun, fast-pace, with the actors making every scene amusing. Very promising, I will tune in every damn week.

Are they going to use the Multiverse concept for the next round of Marvel product, like they used the Infinity Stones to tie together the last ten years of moves?

by Anonymousreply 7June 10, 2021 6:05 PM

Only sexy as Loki. Yeah, sure.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8June 10, 2021 6:23 PM

I found the first episode a bit underwhelming, hope it gets better. As a true crime/unsolved mysteries fan I found the D.B Cooper thing funny though. Kinda hope they have Loki hook up with a man, now that he's genderfluid or whatever.

by Anonymousreply 9June 10, 2021 7:28 PM

So Loki takes off with the tesseract for 5 minutes and it was enough to create a new timeline, but Steve goes back in time to live with Peggy for 70 years, and that's okay with the TVA?

by Anonymousreply 10June 10, 2021 8:04 PM

[quote]Steve goes back in time to live with Peggy for 70 years, and that's okay with the TVA?

That's something that is bothering a lot of fans. Didn't the show give itself an out by explaining that if something was meant to happen, deviations are fine? DC Comics has the same explanation. The Time Masters allow variations if there are little to no ramifications; but if a variation causes a ripple effect that is too great, they intervene.

by Anonymousreply 11June 10, 2021 8:49 PM

He "dated" Taylor Swift. Remember that.

by Anonymousreply 12June 10, 2021 9:40 PM

R12, and that 'relationship' really killed his career.

Anyway, I didn't think it was bad, but they could have cut 2/3rds of the exposition.

by Anonymousreply 13June 10, 2021 9:54 PM

His virtue signaling Golden Globe speech didn't help either. I love Chrisitan Slater's "bitch, please" expression.

by Anonymousreply 14June 11, 2021 5:27 AM

the speech, Christian is at around 2:15 minutes in. He sounds so self congratulatory.

40 years old never married. Hmmmm.

by Anonymousreply 15June 11, 2021 6:09 AM

R2 In his case, "fluid" means he's a god so he can fuck whatever he wants.

by Anonymousreply 16June 11, 2021 6:12 AM

It's not good. Tom Hiddleston clearly gained the Covid-40 and no illusions will cover that.

by Anonymousreply 17June 11, 2021 6:31 AM

Why did the Time Guardian people make their Time Control Base so 1970s kitsch?

by Anonymousreply 18June 11, 2021 3:06 PM

Why do they have to tell us that his sexuality is fluid…why not have some scenes suggesting he is sucking cock or getting ass fucked and let us figure it out for ourselves….

by Anonymousreply 19June 11, 2021 3:25 PM

Maybe the fanboys have noticed that he's never shown any interest in a woman?

He really does read as gay, and he called a hot chick a "mewling quim" which kind of clinches it.

by Anonymousreply 20June 11, 2021 3:44 PM

I loved it. The set design is just amazing.

by Anonymousreply 21June 11, 2021 4:07 PM

r19 Look what r4 said. Loki in his male form was always involved with women or a mare.

by Anonymousreply 22June 11, 2021 4:48 PM

r15 In Europe being 40 and not married is pretty common. America is so backwards.

by Anonymousreply 23June 11, 2021 4:51 PM

It was OK, not great. It’s basically “Loki gets slapped around by a heavyset sassy black woman.”

I don’t think he looked heavy, though his nose is thicker - is that from drinking? The DB Cooper thing made no sense.

Speaking of noses, I find Owen Wilson’s hard to look at. NEVER understood his appeal to women.

by Anonymousreply 24June 11, 2021 5:16 PM

[quote]In Europe being 40 and not married is pretty common. America is so backwards.

Every male celebrity is gay, according to delusional DL eldergays.

by Anonymousreply 25June 11, 2021 5:45 PM

Yea ……but why does the evil guy be the one chosen to be ‘sexually fluid’…gay christians probably hate that…they would want someone virtuous and pure of heart to be the homosexual character…a better stereotype for their new found ‘family values’

by Anonymousreply 26June 11, 2021 7:01 PM

Because he's the one who is not only based on someone who was originally gender-fluid in a way that no human can be, and the one who hasn't been given a girlfriend or any romantic relationships. And who's read as gay all along.

by Anonymousreply 27June 11, 2021 7:06 PM

Wow…a mare…..that’s pretty kinky shit…out of my league….Loki makes me look ‘vanilla’

by Anonymousreply 28June 11, 2021 7:12 PM

Loki must be a real size queen

by Anonymousreply 29June 11, 2021 7:13 PM

I like a big cock as much as the next guy but that’s a little over the top …..even for me

by Anonymousreply 30June 11, 2021 7:15 PM

A horse is a horse ,of course, of course….calling Mr. Ed please report to the set please …..Loki is waiting

by Anonymousreply 31June 11, 2021 7:19 PM

nah...just the ones who make a spectacle about dating Taylor Swift

by Anonymousreply 32June 11, 2021 8:43 PM

r32 This has nothing to do with being gay, just a famewhore.

by Anonymousreply 33June 12, 2021 8:44 AM

Wow, they really wholesale ripped off Umbrella Academy.

by Anonymousreply 34June 13, 2021 12:35 PM

R10, and others...I’m wondering if they’ll deal with the Endgame timeline issue...from WHOM did they get that drawer full of Infinity stones if not Steve skipping along the timelines. I know they said it was ok if the Avengers played with the stones, but not Steve, per se.

R34, I thought the same at times. But is any story ever really new?

by Anonymousreply 35June 13, 2021 12:58 PM

[quote]Why did the Time Guardian people make their Time Control Base so 1970s kitsch?

Because it's funny to imagine Gen Xers as the most powerful people in the universe. (The aesthetic was a warm hug.)

by Anonymousreply 36June 13, 2021 2:08 PM

".I’m wondering if they’ll deal with the Endgame timeline issue...from WHOM did they get that drawer full of Infinity stones if not Steve skipping along the timelines."

I think the TVA is meant to be so far in the future that people have figured out how to make infinity stones, like we've learned how to make synthetic rubies. Which does rather beg the question of why people who live so far in the future are still wearing suits and ties, or judge's robes, but I guess if they'd cobbled up futuristic wardrobes it'd look silly, and less like a bureacracy from hell.

by Anonymousreply 37June 13, 2021 4:43 PM

The aesthetic of the TVA is cool but it makes no sense. These beings control the flow of time throughout the entire universe, yet they base the look of their headquarters on a style that lasted only several years in some regions of one little planet. Maybe this will be explained...

by Anonymousreply 38June 13, 2021 5:09 PM

Don’t count on r38. It’s not exactly deep. These Marvel movies/shows sacrifice logic for snarky cuteness.

by Anonymousreply 39June 14, 2021 1:01 PM

1970's kitsch? Excuse me but the design is specifically modeled on the Marcel Breuer Whitney Museum interiors completed in 1966.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40June 14, 2021 1:08 PM

Oopsh, R40, I musht've got my kitsches mixshed up!

by Anonymousreply 41June 14, 2021 1:16 PM

I'm posting another Armond White review, sorry not sorry!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42June 14, 2021 8:31 PM

I didn't like comic books even when I was the age that you were supposed to like comic books.

by Anonymousreply 43June 14, 2021 9:37 PM

I just watched it.

Terrible wig on Hiddleston. Was he always so grimy looking as Loki? Looking unwashed works for Hemsworth as Thor but not for Tom.

I enjoyed the Mobius character and like the retro set design. I'm not a tasteful friends gay but it looked like they mixed some art deco in with whatever particular era they were aiming for. The TVA seemed like many bureaucratic facilities that were cutting edge "back in the day" that had upgraded only here-and-there (i.e., the "pruning" weaponry & time collars with remotes being the upgrades). Paper ticketing, the welcome video, etc just weren't considered important enough to update. Typical office space, IMO.

Are fans speculating any other baddie than alt Loki for the villain in this?

by Anonymousreply 44June 15, 2021 4:03 PM

R35 supposedly those different Infinity Stones come from different universes within the multiverse and they only work in the universe they originally come from.

An entity near the end of time empowered the 3 Time Keepers who were supposed to be the last three living things in existence and they created the TVA.

Although Mister Immortal who hasn't been introduced yet would technically be around too because he has evolved past death and can't be permanently killed. It's also claimed by Mistress Death that Mister Immortal would be the person to "turn off the lights" at the end of the universe's existence.

by Anonymousreply 45June 15, 2021 5:10 PM

"Are fans speculating any other baddie than alt Loki for the villain in this?:

Haven't heard any fan speculation, but I'm presuming that alt-Loki is the villain, and he's Loki an episode or two ahead of protagonist-Loki. Because alt-Loki has figured out that he can get out of dying if he fucks with the timeline.

by Anonymousreply 46June 15, 2021 5:35 PM

Maybe Alt-Loki will fuck Loki Prime in the ass? Wearing the horned headdress?

by Anonymousreply 47June 15, 2021 5:42 PM

R47 Isn’t alt-Loki probably going to be Lady Loki? Maybe she can wear the horned headdress as a strap on

by Anonymousreply 48June 15, 2021 5:59 PM

R44 he’s grimy looking because he’s just been beaten to the ground by the Hulk and handcuffed before he escaped with the Tesseract. No time to clean up.

Hiddleston was growing his hair out for a while, I think so he didn’t HAVE to wear a wig. It may be his own hair dyed black. I’m not a good judge though

by Anonymousreply 49June 15, 2021 10:40 PM

The Loki wigs have always been dreadful, artificial black and looking like they're stuck together with Elmer's Glue.

At least it's not in the "That Girl" flip any more.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50June 15, 2021 11:05 PM

I only liked Loki's hair in the first Thor movie.

by Anonymousreply 51June 15, 2021 11:06 PM

R51 He grew his hair out for the first Thor. That was the only movie with his actual hair. He has been wearing wigs since.

by Anonymousreply 52June 16, 2021 2:25 AM

Is this a mini=series or a regular series?

by Anonymousreply 53June 16, 2021 6:07 AM

The reveal of the character at the end of this episode was soooo underwhelming. Horrible. I’m really enjoying the show otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 54June 16, 2021 9:48 AM

People are going to freak if a hurricane hits Alabama in 2050.

by Anonymousreply 55June 17, 2021 12:14 AM

R52, like all the Marvel series, it's a mini-series.

by Anonymousreply 56June 17, 2021 12:14 AM

[quote]The reveal of the character at the end of this episode was soooo underwhelming. Horrible.

Okay, help me out here. What was the reveal? A female Loki? Who was that supposed to be? I heard some people describe it as "mind-blowing", but I guess I don't know enough about Marvel Comics to "get" it. I didn't find anything mind-blowing about it. A female Loki variant? So what. Not shocking after showing all the other variants.

Was that supposed to blow my mind?

Of course, I don't see how it's "horrible" either.

by Anonymousreply 57June 17, 2021 12:28 AM

Hiddleston is not wearing a wig in the TV series. He was wigged (or partially wigged, as was the case in The Avengers) for all films except for the first Thor.

by Anonymousreply 58June 17, 2021 2:34 PM

Did you guys know that Tom graduated from Cambridge University with a Classics degree (with high honors)? In the video below, Luke (a YouTuber who speaks and reads Latin and who is sexy as hell) provides a critique of Loki's Latin as Loki talks to the citizens of Pompeii right before the volcano explodes).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59June 17, 2021 3:41 PM

I like it so far, but do feel like it suffers from the same issue as WandaVision and Falcon and the Winter Solider before it, in that it is taking a while to fully get going. I guess that is the double-edged sword of having a series which allows you to delve more into the character and breathe a bit, when we are used to the movies that have a bit more pace from the off.

I sort of feel like Tom Hiddleston's performance isn't amazing in this though, compared to his previous appearances as that character. There's something that is niggling me that I can't put my finger on.

by Anonymousreply 60June 17, 2021 3:45 PM

R57 check out this:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61June 17, 2021 4:22 PM

[quote]I sort of feel like Tom Hiddleston's performance isn't amazing in this though, compared to his previous appearances as that character. There's something that is niggling me that I can't put my finger on.

For me the issue is that while Loki has been a big part of the MCU, we've haven't had to spend all too much time with him. So now that he's the focal character and they have to build him out it just seems that he's not the same Loki from the film. The Loki from the films was the villain so that was the persona we were left with until Thor: Ragnorak which made him more of a "mischievous scamp", but even then it was in small doses. Now "Loki" the series makes that his whole personality and it's jarring to me. It seems like a completely new character.

by Anonymousreply 62June 17, 2021 4:54 PM

Hiddleston is overdoing it big time! He's got center stage at last and he's hamming the hell out of it, trying to stuff every line full of arrogance, feeling off balance for the first time in his life, fakery, anger, etc. And I mean, all of that in every line, it's too much and my only real complaint with the series so far is that the directors aren't reining him in.

And seeing the female Loki was no shock, not after they'd introduced the concept of multiple Lokis who don't look alike, and after seeing both the Doctor and the Master turn female on "Doctor Who". I just hope that if the female Loki has a large role she's as awesome as Michelle Gomez who played the female Master, that chick was awesome!

by Anonymousreply 63June 17, 2021 5:12 PM

Mildly entertaining but so far it's better than F&WS but less so than Wanda. Why isn't D+ devoting a limited series/origin story to intro new MCU character, which in turn can be parlayed into next Avengers movie?

by Anonymousreply 64June 17, 2021 5:24 PM

I think what they're introducing with this series is the Multiverse. Which is definitely going to be part of the upcoming Doctor Strange movies, and which might provide a common thread for the next decade of movies, like the infinity stones provided a common thread for the first ten years.

I think they're going to mess up the timeline with this series and leave it messed up, and have the Avengers and their pals spend the next ten years trying to fix it. But then, I seem to have been wrong about my previous guess at the plot.

by Anonymousreply 65June 17, 2021 5:33 PM

This show is supposed to have some effect on Doctor Strange 2:Multiverse of Madness and Spiderman 3:No Way Home movies. This show also isn't a limited series as it supposed to get a season 2 according to Marvel supreme overload Kevin Feige

by Anonymousreply 66June 17, 2021 6:45 PM

I am loving this so far. It's well written and directed. I am intrigued with the plot and where this is heading. The cast is also very committed. Even Huddleston doesn't annoy me here.

by Anonymousreply 67June 17, 2021 6:49 PM

No, r22, Loki WAS the mare. Read your Eddas again.

[quote]Nobody cares about Loki the character.

Loki has a huge tumblr and Twitter fanbase, and I know several middle-age women that are into him. The die-hard comic nerds probably don't care about him, but there have been tons of fangirls stalking The Hiddler at his plays and at hotels while he films movies.

by Anonymousreply 68June 17, 2021 8:47 PM

"This show is supposed to have some effect on Doctor Strange 2:Multiverse of Madness and Spiderman 3:No Way Home movies"

The upcoming Ant Man movie is called "Ant Man: Quantummania", so I'm wondering if they're going to tie the submicroscopic quantum universe with the multiverse. ???

by Anonymousreply 69June 17, 2021 9:36 PM

I liked the second episode better than the first one.

The score is haunting and creepy and adds to the atmosphere. Really enjoying it.

The TVA Control Room and various worker bees remind me of NASA and the Situation Room they have set up.

When Loki and Mobius are chatting, it's easier to forget its Tom Hiddleston and Owen Wilson. When Wilson's character is with the judge lady or the Timekeeper troops he's Owen Wilson wearing a mustache.

I'm interested to see the dynamic between Loki and Enchantress.

by Anonymousreply 70June 18, 2021 6:37 AM

On occasion, I get a Doom Patrol kind of vibe. Don't know if it's the color scheme, the sets, or something else.

by Anonymousreply 71June 18, 2021 6:50 AM

R57 Most people seem to be running with "Lady Loki." But after one of the hits on Loki while she was switching bodies, he says something like "I would never treat myself this way!" I walked away with the impression that it she is not a Loki variant, but given the Lady Loki hype online, I may have misinterpreted it.

by Anonymousreply 72June 19, 2021 5:25 PM

Didn't he describe what she was doing to the human patsies as an "enchantment"? It lead me to think they would go with the "Enchantress" moniker.

Plus, Marvel is getting ready to introduce She-Hulk and Lady Thor. "She-Hulk" AND "Lady Thor" AND "Lady Loki" all in Phase IV? I suppose they might but it would be lame af.

by Anonymousreply 73June 19, 2021 6:08 PM

She is Enchantress, but I am not sure which version they are using, as there are several.

by Anonymousreply 74June 19, 2021 7:58 PM

She's either Lady Loki or the second Enchantress.

by Anonymousreply 75June 19, 2021 9:18 PM

Lady Loki sounds terrible. Hope they go with the latter.

by Anonymousreply 76June 19, 2021 9:21 PM

Loki just revealed he’s had trysts with both sexes!

by Anonymousreply 77June 23, 2021 9:41 AM

I thought it was fun. I think Loki is fun. I think Hiddleston is fun. I think Hiddleston hot. I'd love to spend a night with him.

by Anonymousreply 78June 23, 2021 10:01 AM

R59 Hiddleston got a Double First in Classics at Cambridge. He may be an idiot in terms of personality, but he's unmistakably brainy. If he'd been 5'9" instead of 6'2" he'd have been an endearing nerd. He's really a quirky nerd or the heartthrob English prof trapped in a lead actor's body, which is probably why Loki suits him so well.

by Anonymousreply 79June 23, 2021 10:10 AM

The third episode feels like a Doctor Who episode from the Matt Smith era. I quite like it.

by Anonymousreply 80June 23, 2021 2:53 PM

A bit, R80, only the leading characters are all amoral. But in a fun way.

I am liking this series so far! I hope I end up loving it! It's WAY more fun than "The Falcon and the Snowman", which was a good show, but so damn serious and political. This is just fun, and just the sort of weird and clever fun that I like.

by Anonymousreply 81June 24, 2021 7:17 AM

Oh shit, this is a TV show?

Fuck me, I'm so sick of superhero shit.

by Anonymousreply 82June 24, 2021 7:43 AM

So, either Loki is faking out Sylvie by showing her an illusional broken time-pad, or he has a time stone (look at the pillar that fell, when it goes back up, pieces fly back up with it... that isn't telekinesis, it's reversing time). He picked up the stone in the previous episode. They don't work at the TVA but they work in the field.

Very clever. It's why he doesn't seem too concerned about dying on the planet.

by Anonymousreply 83June 24, 2021 2:36 PM

Not sure about that, R83. One of Loki's powers is telekinesis. We saw it in Thor: The Dark World after he found out about Frigga's death. We saw it briefly in episode two of this series when he summoned a Rooma during the fight with the people Sylvie was enchanting. I think what we saw with the building was Marvel's attempt to show us the strength and extent of his TK abilities. I agree that the reversal of the flying pieces made it look more Time Stone-ish, but I'm leaning toward that being a sloppy mistake... although I do love the idea of a time stone-wielding Loki.

by Anonymousreply 84June 25, 2021 6:02 PM

So far, they keep showing us the useless infinity stones Loki encounters in the "previously" segment. And they are no longer in the bureau, where the infinity stones are useless.

by Anonymousreply 85June 25, 2021 6:06 PM

Only 85 replies in this thread?

Is Loki over?

by Anonymousreply 86June 25, 2021 6:09 PM

Does Loki have telekinesis or teleportation powers, or does he use his illusion powers to fake powers he doesn't have?

Because yeah, Loki would totally fake powers he doesn't have.

by Anonymousreply 87June 25, 2021 10:48 PM

I don't mind "Loki". I watch it the same Wednesday it comes out.

But no way am I nearly as obsessed with it as I was with "Wandavision", although the final ep. of WD is a let down.

Part of it is sheer laziness on my part.

I don't know if I want to sustain the effort to comprehend the story which, I'm gathering, consists of co-existing, multiple, converging, diverging, timelines under the umbrella of the multiverse.

by Anonymousreply 88June 26, 2021 11:33 PM

Prediction for Episode 4: Loki and Sylvie get caught/rescued by the TVA and then pruned. Turns out pruning isn't death, and they wind up in a realm with all of the previously pruned Lokis, including the one we see on the throne in Asgard wearing the costume from Thor 1. Maybe they all work together to escape and take down the TVA? But we still don't really know who's behind the TVA... Hope we find that out tomorrow too.

by Anonymousreply 89June 30, 2021 12:55 AM

I've liked Tom H. since "The Night Manager," but I have no plans to sign up for any new "+" Channel.

Plus Norse mythology bores me silly.

by Anonymousreply 90June 30, 2021 1:16 AM

Strong episode. Had more momentum than last week's ep.

by Anonymousreply 91June 30, 2021 9:22 AM

Wow. I don’t know what to think after the ending of that episode. It made up for the slower pacing early on.

by Anonymousreply 92June 30, 2021 9:47 AM

Episode 4 has a cut scene after the credits. Interesting but predictable.

by Anonymousreply 93June 30, 2021 11:44 AM

The first two eps were boring AF and a little convoluted. I haven't been in a hurry to watch 3 and 4. I mean...Loki's an interesting character but this variant plot is not. I would have preferred something...less complex...like Loki trying to fit into daily life on Midgard while finding his morality through human interaction while using his magical abilities to fight a secret Asgardian invasion OR a Skrull invasion OR something.

Keep it simple but good. A lot of stories just don't translate well to scripted TV. I never read the books this was based on so that may have something to do with it.

by Anonymousreply 94June 30, 2021 12:32 PM

R90 - The sole relationship Loki and the THOR films have to Norse mythology are their names and the names of Odin and Frygga.

The original stories are actually lots of fun. Unfortunate to say, Wagner did a better job of incorporating it into his Ring Cycle, (you notice all the really juicy bits like the incestuous relationship between Siegmund and Sieglinde, and Brunhilde and Siegfried and the Ring of Fire, and the Ring itself are absent from the cartoon versions), the capture of Freya by the giants Fafner and Fasolt . . . all replaced by tinsely shallow easily digestible bits. Tolkien did a better job incorporating the Norse stuff, too, into his Ring Trilogy (where do you think he got the idea for the Ring theft in the first place?).

So don't judge Norse mythology by this cartoon shit. It's fun on its own but its a total bastardisation of the original.

by Anonymousreply 95June 30, 2021 12:37 PM

Yaaaaawwwwwwnnnnnnnnnn

by Anonymousreply 96June 30, 2021 12:55 PM

R95, I can't begin to state how utterly ennui-inducing your post is. Covid-19 fatigue level.

by Anonymousreply 97June 30, 2021 10:25 PM

Looking forward to Richard E. Grant as an alt-Loki! He's always had that bitchy edge!

And so far my only real complaint is that the TVA employees all believe Sylvie and Loki's stories about other lives on first hearing. Normal humans don't change their minds that easily, you have to wear down layers of denial and defensiveness before they'll change their world view, and that can take years. Or they'll die of old age first.

by Anonymousreply 98July 3, 2021 5:27 PM

I wonder if all variants are Lokis throughout the multiverse. I think the TVA is some kind of creation of some master villain trying to aggregate all Lokis’ power for something that will reveal itself in the Eternals or some other film.

by Anonymousreply 99July 3, 2021 5:52 PM

My theory is that the TVA is trying to extinguish all timelines, except the one that leads to the creation of the all-powerful TVA.

I will be very disappointed, if it turns out to be the creation of a known Marvel villain, I'd rather have a new and original villain, one that gains power by screwing with timelines.

by Anonymousreply 100July 3, 2021 6:04 PM

Just started watching, and I’ve only viewed the first two episodes. I never thought I’d say this, but Owen Wilson is the best thing so far. His deadpan humor plays very well off of Hiddleston’s Loki’s theatrical, Hamlet-like acting.

by Anonymousreply 101July 4, 2021 9:22 PM

I remember back in 2013 or so when Tom Hiddleston was on top of his Loki fame, there were rumours about a stand alone Loki movie with Loki being a night club owner in 1970s, I kinda wish they would have gone with this plot idea instead of all the boring TVA stuff.

by Anonymousreply 102July 4, 2021 9:27 PM

Would it be too obvious that a Loki started the TVA to get rid of his competition (aka the other Lokis)?

by Anonymousreply 103July 5, 2021 1:55 AM

So far it’s a total bore

by Anonymousreply 104July 5, 2021 1:58 AM

R101, Luke Wilson plays every movie character the same way

by Anonymousreply 105July 5, 2021 1:59 AM

Does anyone know if Wilson has a big dick?

by Anonymousreply 106July 5, 2021 4:56 AM

R105, I said Owen, not Luke. And yes, it’s the same snarky character he usually plays, but I still think he plays well off of Loki’s stick-up-his-ass manner.

And the episodes are slow and a bit boring. The third episode involving the dying planet and the train had me yawning 🥱.

by Anonymousreply 107July 5, 2021 3:29 PM

I worry about some of your pathetically short attention spans if you find actual character development and conversation "boring" or "yawn-inducing".

by Anonymousreply 108July 5, 2021 4:14 PM

Hiddleston's acting is off and he needs a facelift.

by Anonymousreply 109July 6, 2021 5:38 AM

Don't bother R108. We actually like character development and conversation when it's interesting. Let us know when that happens in Loki.

by Anonymousreply 110July 6, 2021 1:24 PM

Hiddleston's acting is fine; the writing is off.

by Anonymousreply 111July 6, 2021 4:58 PM

The show feels a little lazy after the previous MCU & Star Wars TV series. If they had started the MCU TV series with “Loki”, I think the backlash would’ve been huge.

by Anonymousreply 112July 6, 2021 5:19 PM

After Wandavision this is my favorite Marvel show so far.

Btw, there's a The Simpsons' special featuring Tom Hiddleston's Loki.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113July 7, 2021 4:02 PM

Not feeling "Loki". I'll stick with it, but, ....Ok, I'll just say it. "Loki" sucks.

"Dr Who" on its most mediocre offering is better than "Loki".

Good thing they came out of the gate with "WandaVision" and "TF&WS".

by Anonymousreply 114July 7, 2021 5:36 PM

R114, that's not even remotely true. Dr Who can't hold a candle to Loki (at least on the last season... the Matt Smith years were excellent, but the last season was truly mediocre).

by Anonymousreply 115July 7, 2021 5:55 PM

The scream of alternative Loki when he realized his hand was bitten off was hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 116July 7, 2021 6:13 PM

R116, it was a very girly scream. Hiddleston probably screams like that IRL.

by Anonymousreply 117July 8, 2021 4:00 AM

I'm going to call Crocodile-Loki, "CROKI" from now on.

by Anonymousreply 118July 8, 2021 4:33 AM

Okay, this episode got as wierd as "Wandavision" in places! Loved the battle of the Lokis!

Of course I'm more interested in seeing more Lokis than finding out more about the TVA, but as long as I'm having fun it's a win for Disney.

by Anonymousreply 119July 8, 2021 4:54 AM

I like Sylvie

by Anonymousreply 120July 8, 2021 5:26 AM

Did the show give Loki a new lifeline? Richard E. Grant's Loki telling Hiddleston's Loki how he survived the Thanos grip?

by Anonymousreply 121July 8, 2021 5:28 AM

I loved Grant-Loki telling about getting away with an illusion spell, because I always wondered if Loki Prime had done exactly that.

I mean, Loki is too smart and tricksy to think that something as stupid as holding a knife behind your back will work!

by Anonymousreply 122July 8, 2021 5:43 AM

R122 It’s Marvel. If you read the comics you know that there’s over 5,749 ways they can bring a character back from the dead. And Jean Grey has used all of them…

by Anonymousreply 123July 8, 2021 8:32 AM

I thought Jean Gray was actually dead this time?

by Anonymousreply 124July 8, 2021 11:50 AM

The show is ok. Hiddleston is acting his ass off (and I’m here for it.). I’m annoyed with Sylvie being the perfect all knowing being that everyone falls in love with (Mary Sue for fanfic people.). Not liking all the focus on her.

Owen Wilson is good in this and I usually can’t stand him.

by Anonymousreply 125July 8, 2021 1:39 PM

I’m enjoying it too, I just wish they’d cast a stronger actor as Sylvie, she doesn’t have enough charisma/screen presence to lead the show with Tom Hiddleston

by Anonymousreply 126July 8, 2021 2:14 PM

Apparently some of the main variants were actually comic book characters, well maybe not CROKI.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127July 11, 2021 8:57 PM

Anybody else think Mobius may be the villain, or a Loki variant?

by Anonymousreply 128July 11, 2021 9:07 PM

No, R124, and in the current X-Men run, they have come up with a system to resurrect literally any character at any time.

by Anonymousreply 129July 11, 2021 9:11 PM

r128, I'm trying to improve my French, so I'm watching it with dubbed with sub-titles, and it seemed to me that they said everyone in TVA was a variant. Of whom, I don't know.

by Anonymousreply 130July 12, 2021 2:56 AM

Immortus (future version/variant of Kang the Conquerer) will be the big bad in the finale. They've been signaling that it's Kang the entire series, and the hints match up with what we know about him from the comics. Immortus wants to keep the timelines in order due to previous damage he caused in his past by time traveling across universes. The nexus Loki and Sylvie can cause with their connection would be something that Immortus would fight to avoid. My guess is Immortus will tempt/test Loki and Sylvie to betray each other--possibly by showing them timelines he could send them to if they leave the TVA alone, e.g. a timeline in which Loki is King of Asgard or a timeline where Sylvie can be with "her" family.

It's been a great series, just wish it was a bit longer by an episode or two. I would've liked to have seen more of the Loki variants and their backstories.

by Anonymousreply 131July 12, 2021 3:20 AM

[quote] and it seemed to me that they said everyone in TVA was a variant. Of whom, I don't know.

I'm taking it at the most literal definition from the show in that they are variants of themselves. Somehow they deviated from the one true timeline in their lives, were captured by the TVA and repurposed as agents.

[quote]Anybody else think Mobius may be the villain, or a Loki variant?

Yes. I can moreso see him being the villain than a Loki variant, but the latter wouldn't surprise me either. Just as Sylvie is smarter than Loki, maybe Mobius needed a variant or two who could actually crack the mystery of the TVA so that he could take it over.

by Anonymousreply 132July 12, 2021 3:28 AM

I can take an episode with near wall-to-wall exposition but the exposition has to be great and this wasn't. I had no high hopes for the finale so I wasn't disappointed but wish it was a more exciting episode.

by Anonymousreply 133July 14, 2021 3:21 PM

So, the entire season was basically a job interview? A bit underwhelming.

by Anonymousreply 134July 14, 2021 3:28 PM

I think the ending is a pretty elegant setup for Kang’s character. Of course the Dr. Strange movie will be all about the Multiverse and presumably Wanda will try to get her kids back, but I wonder if the Eternals or the storyline of JLD’s Val character will touch on the Multiverse.

by Anonymousreply 135July 14, 2021 3:39 PM

[quote]I think the ending is a pretty elegant setup for Kang’s character.

For me, the end and and be all of a series titled LOKI shouldn't exist to serve as a tee up for Phase Four. But that's on me because it's been established by Mobius that Loki's purpose is to be an obstacle to force others into greatness.

by Anonymousreply 136July 14, 2021 3:51 PM

I hate all these set-ups for different shows. It would be ok if it were a set-up from show A to show B which starts in a few weeks, but what Marvel is pulling is just ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 137July 14, 2021 4:40 PM

Yeah, it's a tee up for Phase 4 but it also tees up the second season of the TV show just fine. Sylvie will need to reconcile her rage against emptiness she feels having gotten her revenge, find Loki and deal with the fallout of betraying him. Loki is stranded in a new timeline where he's alone and unknown and probably at immediate risk of pruning--so he'll have to scheme his way into staying alive, or perhaps he'll allow himself to be pruned so that he can return to the Void and seek the help of some of the other Loki variants. I'm sure the original Mobius and B-15 will be looking for Ravonna as well as Loki and Sylvie, etc. I was fine with it. It was exciting to have a character as big as Kang introduced in this show; it made Thanos' quest seem like small potatoes and Loki's original drive to rule look like a stale french fry.

The pacing was a bit off in some parts, but overall I like that everything culminated in a conversation between three morally grey characters about chaos vs. order. The metaphysical stuff in the series was cool, and I think it was bold (as Marvel properties go) to resolve the Lokis' and He Who Remains' moral dilemma with debate and a personal betrayal instead of big fights and grand gestures. We got plenty of action sequences and character development in the episodes leading up to this one. I liked seeing something less formulaic.

by Anonymousreply 138July 14, 2021 9:06 PM

I don't think I liked this show. Some cool visuals in every episode can't make up for a convoluted and often boring story. The big reveal of who was in charge was a letdown, and the character was actually really annoying.

by Anonymousreply 139July 15, 2021 12:44 AM

The entire purpose of this show, and of all the other Marvel and Star Wars shows on Disney+, is to BRING NEW SUBSCRIBERS TO DISNEY+.

This is their most blatant subscription-grab yet, but if they're going to base the next round of Marvel films around Kang and the Multiverse of Madness, then "Loki" is requred viewing for Marvel fans who want to know what's going on.

by Anonymousreply 140July 15, 2021 7:13 PM

I thought it was great. I don't know what you whiners are complaining about.

by Anonymousreply 141July 16, 2021 3:13 AM

Digression: Richard E. Grant is fab in Season 2, Episode 5, of "Rev," starring my current favorite Tom Hollander (with an "er"). He plays a rich alcoholic who would like AA to have two tiers, one only for those making £250,000 and up!

So maybe now I have to watch "Loki," my dislike of fantasy notwithstanding, since I also like Tom Hiddleston.

by Anonymousreply 142July 16, 2021 3:46 PM

R142 if you like both Hollander and Hiddleston have you seen them in “The Night Manager” miniseries? I think it’s on Amazon prime

by Anonymousreply 143July 17, 2021 2:33 AM

I would say r142 has since he signed as Richard Roper. I loved that series and Hiddleston looked seriously hot.

by Anonymousreply 144July 17, 2021 8:03 AM

What an odd time we live in. legacy Networks like the big three pump out absolute shit for their viewers CSI type crap endlessly and other horrendous piles of shit, yet we have a whole group of companies making amazing content that is almost overwhelming. Disney has put out high-quality stuff as has Netflix and Amazon and others. Things you really get excited about watching.

I even watched the Disney Monsters Inc. spinoff. It's cute and the animation is amazing. I guess CBS, NBC and ABC primetime is for the motons of the country.

by Anonymousreply 145July 18, 2021 4:34 PM

r145, that's the agenda of streamers in the first place: To set themselves apart from the traditional method of media consumption.

by Anonymousreply 146July 18, 2021 5:38 PM

I remember the scene in The Night Manager where Tom Hollander gropes Tom Hiddleston's ass. Apparently it was improvised--and you can tell because Hiddleston breaks character for a moment. Appears he enjoyed it.

by Anonymousreply 147July 20, 2021 9:12 PM

Okay, I know I have to rewatch the last episode .

Who was that guy at the end?

For a moment I thought he was God! 😳

Who is he? But he’s dead now anyway, so what’s the deal?

by Anonymousreply 148July 20, 2021 9:59 PM

He was a peaceful variant of Kang the Conqueror, the next villain in the MCU. As he described in the episode, his variants do a lot of conquering across the different universes, i.e. the multiverse. He’ll be the villain in the next Ant-Man and possibly the next Dr. Strange, which will be all about the Multiverse.

by Anonymousreply 149July 20, 2021 10:32 PM

I hope the multiverse versions of Kang are less annoying than the one in this show.

by Anonymousreply 150July 20, 2021 10:36 PM

Is Kang going to be played by the same guy in all the upcoming Marvel films?

I ask because he hammed the fucking hell out of his role. I criticized Hiddleston above for overdoing it, but this Majors guy made him look subtle.

by Anonymousreply 151July 21, 2021 12:02 AM

Not sure. Variants apparently come in several shapes and sizes. That’s why a couple of Loki’s variants on the show looked like him, and most others didn’t.

Jonathan is confirmed in the cast for Ant Man, so presumably that variant will look like him. Although to be fair, maybe he won’t be the villain. And maybe there will be a different Kang variant in Dr Strange, or perhaps a different villain altogether, eg. Mephisto.

And who knows? He could also show up in Shang Chi or Eternals or Spidey. It’s a big wide Multiverse out there.

by Anonymousreply 152July 21, 2021 12:07 AM

Wow, okay, thanks R149 and the rest.

🙂

by Anonymousreply 153July 21, 2021 12:30 AM

r152- I can assure you that he is not in Shang-Chi.

by Anonymousreply 154July 21, 2021 5:49 AM

R154 Please tell us more about Simu being a dick/any other gossip you have

by Anonymousreply 155July 21, 2021 9:20 PM

r147 It wasn't improvised, liar.

by Anonymousreply 156July 22, 2021 2:28 PM

R156, yes, it was improvised. Hiddleston confirmed it in a panel about the show. Maybe Google it, you twat.

by Anonymousreply 157July 23, 2021 12:21 AM

r157 It wasn't and you know it.

by Anonymousreply 158July 23, 2021 9:15 AM

[quote]Norse mythology bores me silly

Good thing there isn't much of it in the Thor movies, then.

by Anonymousreply 159September 6, 2021 1:21 AM

SPEAKING of Ant-man, I CANNOT believe that there's going to be a third one.

by Anonymousreply 160September 6, 2021 11:41 AM

Hollander is in his mid-fifties and states he is hetero, although never married.

He's also a really fine actor with quite a distinguished career behind him. If he'd been six inches taller, hed have been even more successful.

He's quietly droll in interviews, so improvising groping Hiddleston's arse seems quite in character.

He was marvelous as the sexually repressed John Ruskin in "Desperate Romantics".

And for any fellow Brits, if it matters, he publicly supported Nick Clegg and the feckless Lib Dems.

by Anonymousreply 161September 6, 2021 7:51 PM

The second Ant-Man movie was wonderful, much better than the first! Very funny movie and the action sequences were full of surprises, so yeah. I'm happy to see a 3rd one.

by Anonymousreply 162September 6, 2021 8:57 PM

[quote] SPEAKING of Ant-man, I CANNOT believe that there's going to be a third one.

Why not? Marvel has proven their ability to spin gold from straw. As a comic-book fan, it’s been thrilling and amazing to see something as obscure and bizarre as Rocket Raccoon become a household name, while DC/WB couldn’t get a Flash movie off the ground for a decade.

Ant-Man, Doctor Strange, and now SHANG-CHI are all stars? It’s astonishing to see what can be done when there’s respect for these characters and their stories. I wish DC/WB would get a clue.

by Anonymousreply 163September 11, 2021 2:13 AM

It was poorly lit, poorly written, horribly costumed and CGI'd.

Hated it.

by Anonymousreply 164September 11, 2021 2:17 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!