Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The Physics of God: Unifying Quantum Physics, Consciousness, M-Theory, Heaven, Neuroscience and Transcendence

This is a fascinating and highly informed and informative book.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50June 24, 2021 1:17 PM

For those who would rather listen to the audiobook, which is what I first stumbled upon.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1June 9, 2021 3:03 AM

I believe in a creator, but I don't believe the type of supreme being described in the bible. I also don't believe the creator is above the universe. I believe his origin began out of the universe.

by Anonymousreply 2June 9, 2021 3:04 AM

[quote] I also don't believe the creator is above the universe. I believe his origin began out of the universe.

Please expound. Are you saying the universe created the Creator?

by Anonymousreply 3June 9, 2021 3:07 AM

And please, let’s not anthropomorphize the “Ground of All Being(s).”

by Anonymousreply 4June 9, 2021 3:10 AM

R3 yes I'm saying the Universe created the supreme intelligent being that people often refer to as God. I believe the God was the first of all creation by the Universe, and then through God everything else was created.

by Anonymousreply 5June 9, 2021 3:15 AM

"pervasive material bias of science"?

Next, please.

by Anonymousreply 6June 9, 2021 3:15 AM

Here's what you need to know.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7June 9, 2021 3:16 AM

R5 How did the universe come to be?

by Anonymousreply 8June 9, 2021 3:16 AM

R8 Here ya go.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9June 9, 2021 3:20 AM

That clip is quite lovely, R7. Thank you for sharing it.

by Anonymousreply 10June 9, 2021 3:20 AM

R9 Been there, for that.

by Anonymousreply 11June 9, 2021 3:21 AM

*Been there, done that!

by Anonymousreply 12June 9, 2021 3:22 AM

Man created god R3. Fact.

by Anonymousreply 13June 9, 2021 3:23 AM

R8 I don't know. That's the most extremely scary thing.

by Anonymousreply 14June 9, 2021 3:24 AM

R14 You cutie, you!

by Anonymousreply 15June 9, 2021 3:27 AM

R4 I think the Ground of All Being anthropomorphized us, if truth be told.

I listened to him read the whole book.... some of the "near death" stuff was a stretch, but exploration of what quantum physics is suggesting now is well worth it.

by Anonymousreply 16June 9, 2021 3:27 AM

R13 Man also created science, R13. Fact.

by Anonymousreply 17June 9, 2021 3:28 AM

R16 Obviously you listened some time back. What was your biggest takeaway?

by Anonymousreply 18June 9, 2021 3:29 AM

Well, that's a hard/big question. I guess the details showing, in scientific language, about how ignorant it is to accept reality with the usual understandings. The very nature of reality, as science is revealing, is deeper, different, more sacred than just a human body with a mind made by evolutionary principles only.

The details of the "physical" world align to cosmic, contemplative traditions. Atheism is a bet against the odds.

by Anonymousreply 19June 9, 2021 3:37 AM

Does the author have any recognized qualifications in physics and neuroscience, whatsoever? Does he even hold a B.S.?

by Anonymousreply 20June 9, 2021 3:37 AM

R20 I don’t think so, but the forward to his book was written by “the internationally known quantum physicist, Dr. Amit Goswami,” dammit!

by Anonymousreply 21June 9, 2021 3:41 AM

[quote]Joseph studied ancient Western cultures at the University of Colorado and ancient Eastern cultures at UC Berkeley. He has had a keen interest in ancient history since grade school. He has taught and lectured on the principles of Eastern philosophy for over thirty years. Joseph lives with his wife at Ananda Village, a spiritual community in Northern California.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22June 9, 2021 3:42 AM

R19 I too find his explanations of basic physics both accessible and fascinating.

by Anonymousreply 23June 9, 2021 3:43 AM

Goswani was a professor of theoretical physics at Univ of Oregon and fairly well published. The author is student/practitioner of spiritual traditions... not a scientist, nor does he claim any expertise as a physicist. But I've read/studied quantum physics a lot in recent years, and R23 is right, he's gifted in his ability to make very complex ideas and theories engaging and understandable.

by Anonymousreply 24June 9, 2021 3:47 AM

R22 notice there is no mention of actual diplomas.

E21 well Goswami is a real physicist and specializes in this realm of science/spiritual, so I'd rather read his book.

by Anonymousreply 25June 9, 2021 3:48 AM

R25 Relax, toots. Give it a read or listen. It won’t bite or convert you.

by Anonymousreply 26June 9, 2021 3:51 AM

But he's not attractive!

by Anonymousreply 27June 9, 2021 3:52 AM

R25 Well, not a perfect analogy. Herbert Spencer was 19th century economist (who claimed the poor were responsible for their fate0, and Charles Dickens (not an economist) wrote brilliantly to show the reality of the poor in the 19th century..

Who ya gonna call?

by Anonymousreply 28June 9, 2021 3:53 AM

The Creator is as nestled in the quark as the cosmos are in the Creator.

by Anonymousreply 29June 9, 2021 4:00 AM

Hans Bethe was my physics prof and I'm a snarky cunt about qualifications.

by Anonymousreply 30June 9, 2021 4:04 AM

R30 Oh really, now. Do tell.

by Anonymousreply 31June 9, 2021 4:10 AM

Not a quark. An electron, an up quark and a down quark. Everything in the universe is made up of, is built from... these three.

The rule of three. The trinity.

(personally I've always though that reality gets smaller than the quarks.... all the way down infinitely in that direction, just like the universes reaching infinitely into "outer" space... but that's just me)

by Anonymousreply 32June 9, 2021 4:17 AM

No big story to tell. Bethe was my prof at Cornell, as was the much younger Carl Sagan. I wasn't deeply interested in physics but I loved taking courses with heavyweights.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33June 9, 2021 4:18 AM

[quote] personally I've always though that reality gets smaller than the quarks.... all the way down infinitely in that direction, just like the universes reaching infinitely into "outer" space... but that's just me

R32 Oh shit, me too! I once had a dream in which one of my eyes was looking through a telescope and the other eye through a microscope, and my vision extended farther and farther [italic]and[/italic] deeper and deeper at increasing speeds until everything looked the same and suddenly everything went LIGHT. It always reminded me of the end of that Kerouac quote about the “mad ones.”

It all sped, sped, sped, and “burn[ed], burn[ed], burn[ed] like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes ‘Awww!’”

by Anonymousreply 34June 9, 2021 4:28 AM

Author needs bigger hair.

by Anonymousreply 35June 9, 2021 5:31 AM

R33 I’m still glad you shared it.

by Anonymousreply 36June 9, 2021 11:58 AM

When you combine facts (science) with fiction (religion), you don't wind up with elucidation.

by Anonymousreply 37June 9, 2021 12:33 PM

Is it Dildos or Dildoes?

by Anonymousreply 38June 9, 2021 12:36 PM

R38 Wtf? 😂

by Anonymousreply 39June 9, 2021 11:08 PM

R37 This. Let's stop with these nonsense attempts to accommodate science and religion. Religion contributes nothing to the search for actual knowledge.

by Anonymousreply 40June 11, 2021 7:01 AM

R40 = old thinking. Let's stop being mired in old thinking. "Actual knowledge" is more than STEM - poetry, literature, music, philosophy generate profound understanding of our experience of consciousness. Philosophy itself conjectures about the nature of reality in ways you likely call nonsense. You are stuck in Bertrand Russell's mind, forgetting that Heidegger, Wittgenstein, Jean Baudrillard and others lived.

[quote]I no longer believed in the known God of the Bible, but rather in the mysterious God expressed in nature. -Albert Einstein

by Anonymousreply 41June 11, 2021 3:07 PM

Is it Balsac or Ballsack?

by Anonymousreply 42June 12, 2021 11:04 AM

R41 I said religion contributes nothing, not philosophy. Philosophy does not deal in "revealed" truth, and is still to be kept distinct from science.

by Anonymousreply 43June 12, 2021 2:11 PM

R42 lol!

by Anonymousreply 44June 12, 2021 3:18 PM

R43 Silly firefly. Religion and philosophy are two points on the same continuum. Science, by the way, reveals the truth it knows provisionally. O thalidomide, bow down to the Altar of the Double Blind!

by Anonymousreply 45June 12, 2021 3:52 PM

R45 Away, vacuous troll.

by Anonymousreply 46June 12, 2021 3:56 PM

R45 I love you 😂

by Anonymousreply 47June 12, 2021 4:59 PM

Aum…

by Anonymousreply 48June 24, 2021 11:26 AM

GOD=G_uv

by Anonymousreply 49June 24, 2021 11:33 AM

I was ready to sit and read with an open mind until I read in the first paragraph that the author’s epiphany came during a psychedelic acid trip.

by Anonymousreply 50June 24, 2021 1:17 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!