Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Ex-gays Freedom March……….you’re kidding ..right?

Sorry no …these ex-gay celebrations are popping up as a rebuttal to Pride. Is even possible to be ex-gay? or are they just gaslighting themselves?

Many young gay men and women attempt to play the hetero game only to find later that the ‘gay ain’t going away’. You are ,what you are and nothing is going to change that.

In my opinion this is just another ridiculous attempt by the right to divide us and eventually conquer us. In addition to pushing the narrative that being gay is a choice…you can turn it off if you really wanted to.

What do you think?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 182June 12, 2021 1:21 AM

Fewer bottoms to compete with.

by Anonymousreply 1June 7, 2021 2:42 PM

This was in DC? I wonder if the "my type bro" DLer was there.....

by Anonymousreply 2June 7, 2021 2:42 PM

You're such hypocrites. You scold trannies for demanding "my way or else", and then you turn around and do the same thing to people who feel they don't want to lead a gay life because it's incongruent with their beliefs. People are entitled to live their lives however they want and proclaim it from the heavens, just as you do.

by Anonymousreply 3June 7, 2021 2:43 PM

Once you had Jack- u can't go back!

by Anonymousreply 4June 7, 2021 2:44 PM

[R3]

proclaim it from the heavens? that speaks volumes to where your opinions are originating

by Anonymousreply 5June 7, 2021 2:49 PM

r5, it's just an expression...dear.

by Anonymousreply 6June 7, 2021 3:00 PM

Was Milo leading the march? What about lohanthony?

by Anonymousreply 7June 7, 2021 3:10 PM

they’re gaslighting themselves….you either enjoy a stiff cock in your mouth or you don’t…..ain’t no inbetween

by Anonymousreply 8June 7, 2021 3:19 PM

So how does this work? Everyone fucks each other, and then they go to Church and sob to Jesus to forgive them?

by Anonymousreply 9June 7, 2021 3:21 PM

You can stop eating ice cream……but you will be thinking about it all the time until you finally break down and eat out Baskin-Robbins

by Anonymousreply 10June 7, 2021 3:23 PM

Yes ..you must seek forgiveness for being a deviant homo queer faggot

by Anonymousreply 11June 7, 2021 3:26 PM

What is the objective of these events anyway? Turn away from your homosexuality so you can be a self-loathing queer like us?

they really are quite pathetic…

by Anonymousreply 12June 7, 2021 3:34 PM

I don’t like mens no more! 🤡

by Anonymousreply 13June 7, 2021 3:37 PM

The only man I get on my knees for is Jesus! (and Ramon, Miguel, Jose, Pedro, Matias, and Luis....)

by Anonymousreply 14June 7, 2021 3:43 PM

oh..fuck yes …Hispanics are hot….those Brazilians are fucking animals in bed

by Anonymousreply 15June 7, 2021 3:50 PM

Why not? I love the people who support the trans garbage but are against this. It’s either allow both or neither.

by Anonymousreply 16June 7, 2021 3:54 PM

Jeffrey McCall, who has organized a series of “ex-gay” events under the “Freedom March” banner, wrote in Charisma on Thursday about a “prophetic word” he received from God: “Eunuchs trapped in LGBT community will overthrow Jezebel.”

He gets messages from God……..now there’s a red flag ……….isn’t that a symptom of a serious mental disorder?

by Anonymousreply 17June 7, 2021 3:59 PM

Who cares, R17. Gays support the trans and furries.

by Anonymousreply 18June 7, 2021 4:03 PM

R18 Troll.

by Anonymousreply 19June 7, 2021 4:05 PM

Pick your “mentally disordered” poison, R19. Honestly.

by Anonymousreply 20June 7, 2021 4:07 PM

I’m happy to see this. With the trans shit everywhere, and now this “furry” garbage—I’m happy to see this and I hope they grow. Good luck to them.

by Anonymousreply 21June 7, 2021 4:10 PM

Diseased homophobes at R20 and R21.

by Anonymousreply 22June 7, 2021 4:14 PM

No, R22. I love that this ex-gay group exposes the hypocrisy of people like you.

by Anonymousreply 23June 7, 2021 4:16 PM

[R23]

Hater slime…

by Anonymousreply 24June 7, 2021 4:17 PM

If ex-gays were leftwing, gays would be all about them, like they are with the current left-wing ex-gay movement—the trans.

by Anonymousreply 25June 7, 2021 4:21 PM

These groups really don't claim to eliminate same-sex desires, and these guys are not in denial about their attractions. They aim to modify them and CONTOL SEXUAL BEHAVIOR for guys who believe that homosexuality is wrong and want to live a heteronormative life. There's nothing wrong with that, if that's their aim. Maybe you can't identify, but there are tons of guys who, for various reasons, are conflicted about their sexuality. Let them hold their parade and tell the world. If you out guys were so at ease with your sexuality, then these guys wouldn't make you feel so uncomfortable.

by Anonymousreply 26June 7, 2021 4:23 PM

It's always religion and always Christianity

by Anonymousreply 27June 7, 2021 4:24 PM

If the trans exist, R26, ex-gays should exist too.

by Anonymousreply 28June 7, 2021 4:25 PM

Silly, just take two of these and call me... I'll be right over ;-)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29June 7, 2021 4:26 PM

What’s the ex-gay flag? Is it that new Pride flag? 🤭

by Anonymousreply 30June 7, 2021 4:27 PM

The trans flag!

by Anonymousreply 31June 7, 2021 4:27 PM

[R25] That’s stupid…conversion therapy bullshit is a christian conservative right wing delusion to make us believe they can ‘cure ‘ us of our natural sexual inclination towards our own sex. I don’t need a cure for being gay. ….I like being a cock sucking ,ass fucking ,admirer of men.

by Anonymousreply 32June 7, 2021 4:28 PM

[quote]conversion therapy bullshit is a christian conservative right wing delusion to make us believe they can ‘cure ‘ us of our natural sexual inclination towards our own sex.

Sounds like the transgenderism cloaked under leftwing ideology.

by Anonymousreply 33June 7, 2021 4:32 PM

r3, THREE- You were the first to criticize. You just couldn't wait 5 minutes for a real poster to object could you?

No one gives a shit what these people do but if you stand on a corner looking like a idiot you're going to get called out.

Milo just said that dogs no longer bark at him now that he's been saved. Are we just supposed to let that go?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34June 7, 2021 4:34 PM

R3 is a pro-trans at any cost troll. It's not hypocrisy at all.

by Anonymousreply 35June 7, 2021 4:36 PM

This place is getting so tired. Like flys to shit, the anti-trans bigots have to minimize this and/or support it because the real threat is trans people, argale bargle. It's so predictable. When is something going to be done about these psychotic trolls?

by Anonymousreply 36June 7, 2021 4:41 PM

I’m anti-trans and anti-ex-gay. Proudly.

by Anonymousreply 37June 7, 2021 4:41 PM

[R37]

Then what the fuck are you doing here?

by Anonymousreply 38June 7, 2021 4:42 PM

Strangely, I see no protest against "ex-gays" in R36's screed.

by Anonymousreply 39June 7, 2021 4:42 PM

I'm glad I dont hate myself to the point of joining a group to validate that I was born wrong and should feel bad about it.

by Anonymousreply 40June 7, 2021 4:44 PM

Sorry R37…didn’t see anti.-ex-gay

by Anonymousreply 41June 7, 2021 4:45 PM

R38: Trolling.

R39: Ex-gays are a threat to us. That's evident in my post, you illiterate cunt sucker. My point is we have people in this very thread minimizing this and/or supporting it because the real threat are trans people.

by Anonymousreply 42June 7, 2021 4:45 PM

They can do whatever they want but they're probably all insufferable self loathing cunts.

by Anonymousreply 43June 7, 2021 4:47 PM

[R42] No sweetheart R38 is not trolling …just made a mistake….

by Anonymousreply 44June 7, 2021 4:48 PM

r42, why are you so threatened by "ex-gays"?

by Anonymousreply 45June 7, 2021 4:48 PM

Notice how there are never any hot "ex-gays"?

by Anonymousreply 46June 7, 2021 4:51 PM

[R45].

Is this a trick question? I’ll take stab at it…..BECAUSE THEY ARE FUCKING DELUSIONAL!

by Anonymousreply 47June 7, 2021 4:52 PM

[quote}That (meaning freedom of religion) includes the right to “follow one’s religious convictions away from LGBTQ identity,” the right to “shape one’s own sexual identity without political indoctrination,” and the right to “publicly declare alternative views of LGBTQ experience without being labeled a ‘hate group.’”

And here is where we get to the problem. Any advocacy for gay rights can be construed as political indoctrination denying these goobers the right to their "identity." Similarly, demanding that nobody is allowed to call them a hate group is difficult to enforce, unless you have a whole system in place to decide exactly how every group must be characterized.

by Anonymousreply 48June 7, 2021 4:52 PM

Shouldn’t they be home with their wives?

by Anonymousreply 49June 7, 2021 4:58 PM

I can understand the argument …I’m a christian now and follow scripture as my moral compass.

But promoting a ex-gay Freedom March is like evangelizing gay men to by into a fantasy that they can be ‘cured’. It promotes self-loathing…we don’t need it…it is an attempt to shove us back into the closet.

by Anonymousreply 50June 7, 2021 4:59 PM

My guess is that most of these ‘cured’ ex-gays will be sucking cock on the low down while pretending to cured to make their pastor happy.

by Anonymousreply 51June 7, 2021 5:04 PM

That doesn't answer my question, r47. By that logic, are you also threatened by anyone you perceive to have a psychological issue?

by Anonymousreply 52June 7, 2021 5:06 PM

These guys see their same-sex desires as a challenge to overcome. I don't think any of these "ex-gays" are claiming they've been "cured" of their desires. That's a fallacy. It's probably a daily struggle for them, but they feel better about struggling with these issues than giving into them. People need to be open-minded about this. Not everyone shares the same views about homosexuality as you all do.

by Anonymousreply 53June 7, 2021 5:08 PM

Then they should join the Catholic Church and become a celibate priest…..oh wait a minute..that doesn’t seem to work either

by Anonymousreply 54June 7, 2021 5:11 PM

R50 will be out there marching with his wife one day very soon.

by Anonymousreply 55June 7, 2021 5:11 PM

The belief that it's wrong stems from bigotry so of course it should be challenged. But for that belief imposed by hateful religious bigots which leads to self hate leading to these clowns.

by Anonymousreply 56June 7, 2021 5:14 PM

"These groups really don't claim to eliminate same-sex desires, and these guys are not in denial about their attractions. They aim to modify them and CONTOL SEXUAL BEHAVIOR for guys who believe that homosexuality is wrong and want to live a heteronormative life. There's nothing wrong with that."

There's nothing wrong with believing homosexuality is wrong, r26?

by Anonymousreply 57June 7, 2021 5:14 PM

Anyone can choose not to have gay sex. It's not mandatory. But that is never what any ex-gay political movement or demonstration is about. It is always about telling gay people that gay sex is wrong and they should stop. Especially when the political movement is affiliated with the American Christian Evangelical movement. They have that right, and we have the right to laugh at them and tell them they are being craven and stupid. And we certainly have the right to tell them we will not police our language to accommodate them. (And that last I admit is where it becomes like the trans activist movement.)

by Anonymousreply 58June 7, 2021 5:21 PM

r3 being incongruent with someone’s beliefs is way different than being an ex gay which implies that the person no longer desires same sex sexual relations. It’s about choosing to practice abstinence.

But I would be all for any trans woman that wanted to refer to herself as an X-man.

by Anonymousreply 59June 7, 2021 5:21 PM

The sad/funny thing about ex-gays 2.0, is that I’m sure the vast majority of socially conservative straight people would much rather have a low-stakes causal friendship with an “active” gay person or couple, who they can point to as proof that we can “lovingly disagree” than expend a bunch of emotional effort supporting and carving out space for celibate gays in their churches.

by Anonymousreply 60June 7, 2021 5:22 PM

Or an ex-gay, R59.

by Anonymousreply 61June 7, 2021 5:23 PM

SEDUCE THEM, AT ONCE !!!!!

by Anonymousreply 62June 7, 2021 5:24 PM

^And post the PHOTOS !

by Anonymousreply 63June 7, 2021 5:25 PM

No it doesn't necessarily stem from bigotry, r56. That's ignorant thinking. Some of you guys are so caught up in your gay identity that you can't even fathom other people with same-sex desires feeling tormented and conflicted about these types of feelings, and taking steps to ease the torment that are aligned with their more conservative mindset.

by Anonymousreply 64June 7, 2021 5:25 PM

R64 homophobic troll.

by Anonymousreply 65June 7, 2021 5:27 PM

Who cares? Let em march.

by Anonymousreply 66June 7, 2021 5:29 PM

Should they be allowed to march at Pride? It has nothing to do with gay rights anymore—why not? The trans march. What’s the difference?

by Anonymousreply 67June 7, 2021 5:30 PM

[quote] No it doesn't necessarily stem from bigotry, [R56]. That's ignorant thinking. Some of you guys are so caught up in your gay identity that you can't even fathom other people with same-sex desires feeling tormented and conflicted about these types of feelings, and taking steps to ease the torment that are aligned with their more conservative mindset.

It actually does have to do with bigotry.

Societal bigotry is the reason WHY they feel tormented and conflicted.

And then they march to deny gays rights because they buy into the bigotry. They aren't marching just to show that they themselves have apparently become ex-gay, but because they feel that, since they are ex-gay, gay is not really a biological condition and gays don't deserve equal rights.

by Anonymousreply 68June 7, 2021 5:37 PM

So you believe happiness can be found through living a lie, r64? That it will be the antidote to their torment? You know who pays the price? Their wives 10-20 years down the line.

by Anonymousreply 69June 7, 2021 5:38 PM

Actually of course a lot of us can imagine the torment and conflict from a conservative, and really you mean conservative religious mindset. A lot of us went through exactly that and had to reject that mindset to start living authentic lives. It's not a mystery to us.

Then again, we also know you are on script and not really hearing any answers to your checklist.

by Anonymousreply 70June 7, 2021 5:40 PM

[R67]

No ……they shouldn’t be allowed propaganda time at Pride..they are not gay in their eyes…they’ve put all that behind them.now……They are XGays ……fighting the forces of homosexuality and trying to save all gay men and women from the fires of hell .

by Anonymousreply 71June 7, 2021 5:58 PM

It's really ignorant to say that the desire to "change" is based on societal bigotry, and I speak from personal experience. It took years for me to come out and accept that I'm gay after years of fighting it. However, my fighting it had nothing to do with religious beliefs or bigotry toward gay people, and a lot of people who don't fight their internal sexual desires will tell you the same thing. For many of us, much of it was tied to gender issues, and there was the conflation of gender dysphoria and homosexuality. Many people spend their entire lives unable to resolve these issues. It's not always as black and white as you think.

by Anonymousreply 72June 7, 2021 6:05 PM

Why did you think it was wrong if it was from neither religious belief or bigotry, r72? You were getting that sense of it being wrong from *somewhere*.

by Anonymousreply 73June 7, 2021 6:09 PM

R3 is a Milo clones who thinks "trannies" are the same as right-wingers who spread hate about gays

by Anonymousreply 74June 7, 2021 6:15 PM

If going to heaven means that I will be surrounded christian conservatives….like the ones who voted for tRump…I’ll take my chances in hell…..thank you very much.

by Anonymousreply 75June 7, 2021 6:17 PM

R58 attacks right-wingers....but his attacks on trans people are straight out of the right-wing playbook.

by Anonymousreply 76June 7, 2021 6:17 PM

No my only "attack" on trans people is to say that policing language will fail. They should stop that shit.

by Anonymousreply 77June 7, 2021 6:22 PM

Ex-gays for some reason hate gays.

They are desperate to be perceived as straight

by Anonymousreply 78June 7, 2021 6:27 PM

It's a free world after all but I'm always amazed in how pathetic people can be.

by Anonymousreply 79June 7, 2021 6:29 PM

R77, you're "policing" them by criticizing them

by Anonymousreply 80June 7, 2021 6:30 PM

It’s free as long as they’re not in it

by Anonymousreply 81June 7, 2021 6:31 PM

Innate turmoil over naturally occurring sexual desires would have to stem from external trigger. Something informs that turmoil in gosh whatever could it be?

by Anonymousreply 82June 7, 2021 6:35 PM

Gay people are going to find fault in individuals and groups who look to further beliefs that minimize gay struggles, stigmatize gay existence and erase gay rights.

Is this rocket science?

by Anonymousreply 83June 7, 2021 6:42 PM

[quote] you turn around and do the same thing to people who feel they don't want to lead a gay life because it's incongruent with their beliefs.

Are you thick or what? These aren't gay people who magically decide they'll stop living as gays and live as straights. Ex gays are people who claim they are no longer homosexual and have been successfully converted to heterosexuality. Of course we all know they're just liars who pretend to be hetero and sneak off regularly to get themselves some homo sex when they can't control the urge any longer.

You can no more convert a true homosexual to heterosexuality than you can turn a man into a woman or a woman into a man with the cut of a scalpel and a lifetime of hormones.

by Anonymousreply 84June 7, 2021 6:48 PM

Every trans person I have ever encountered has come from hardcore religious and conservative backgrounds. Could be a coincidence, but I don’t think so. And I just met a 50 year old lesbian who’s starting to believe maybe she’s a man. She too comes from a hardcore religious background. These are damaged people who absolutely do not want to be gay, one group takes it to an extreme level.

by Anonymousreply 85June 7, 2021 6:50 PM

r73, a lot of men with same-sex desires feel that they are not organically gay. They had issues with their distant fathers, domineering mothers, late bloomes, body dysmorphia, etc. Yes, some of these are cliches, but that doesn't mean they aren't necessarily valid. They believe these issues resulted in them eroticizing other guys and causing something to be "broke" within them. They saw straight guys almost as a whole different species. The goal of many of these groups is to fix the broken aspect of these guys, and see where things go from there. If you feel that your homosexuality is the result of nurture rather than nature, and maybe based on a psychological issue, of course you're going to try and resolve the issue, rather than announce "I'm gay". These groups claim that they have many, many case studies of guys who were able to fix whatever was broken within them and live, for lack of a better word, a "heteronormative" life. Maybe their estimates are exaggerated, and maybe your claim that zero have changed is an underestimate. Like most things in life, the truth lies somewhere in the middle.

by Anonymousreply 86June 7, 2021 6:50 PM

Any gay man or woman can go through life pretending to be straight and living a fake straight life, even after having lived a gay lifestyle. That does not make them straight or "ex gay". They're just frauds.

by Anonymousreply 87June 7, 2021 6:56 PM

[quote]Any gay man or woman can go through life pretending to be straight and living a fake straight life, even after having lived a gay lifestyle. That does not make them straight or "ex gay". They're just frauds.

Why isn’t this mindset applied to the trans movement? It is the same thing.

by Anonymousreply 88June 7, 2021 7:02 PM

Exactly! It is.

by Anonymousreply 89June 7, 2021 7:03 PM

Probably because these "ex-gays" are also lobbying against the Equality Act.

by Anonymousreply 90June 7, 2021 7:04 PM

[R86]

I get your argument..but nevertheless it still comes down to searching for a reason to make yourself feel better for something you internally feel guilty for. Then the question becomes: who is perpetuating that guilt….and the only answer I can come up with is ……the church.

by Anonymousreply 91June 7, 2021 7:04 PM

[quote]Probably because these "ex-gays" are also lobbying against the Equality Act.

This flaming openly gay here sure is! No feminine boys or masculine girls will be harmed!

by Anonymousreply 92June 7, 2021 7:06 PM

Every thread must be an anti-trans thread! No exceptions!

by Anonymousreply 93June 7, 2021 7:15 PM

r 86 - " These groups claim that they have many, many case studies of guys who were able to fix whatever was broken within them and live, for lack of a better word, a "heteronormative" life. "

So gay = broken? Don't you think they'd be better served with therapy helping them to understand it doesn't? You'd rather see them living a lie? You honestly believe they're happier?

by Anonymousreply 94June 7, 2021 7:16 PM

[quote]Every thread must be an anti-trans thread! No exceptions!

Because it is the same thing.

by Anonymousreply 95June 7, 2021 7:18 PM

I didn't say that gay=broken. Please don't put words in my mouth. For these men, there's a brokenness within them that they feel triggered their same sex desires. Not all people with same-sex desires were born that way. There are plenty of people with these desires born out of sexual abuse, parental and body issues, etc who believe they don't inform their true nature. Let's not pretend that some gay men are attracted to guys because of these types of childhood issues. Not everyone is "born that way."

by Anonymousreply 96June 7, 2021 7:35 PM

[quote]Not everyone is "born that way."

This I disagree with. People lie. And they especially lie about being gay or bisexual.

by Anonymousreply 97June 7, 2021 7:38 PM

[R96] ‘Not all people with same-sex desires were born that way. ‘

Excuse me ..but how could you possibly know that?

by Anonymousreply 98June 7, 2021 7:39 PM

The “my type bro” troll is all over this thread.

by Anonymousreply 99June 7, 2021 7:42 PM

That's , R99.

by Anonymousreply 100June 7, 2021 7:46 PM

It's possible to be born with a bent (no pun intended) to be straight, but then trauma can occur in childhood beyond one's control that can trigger same-sex attraction among certain guys. Just because you knew you were gay in the womb doesn't mean everyone else shares that experience. I identify as a straight man, but I'm not going to be so PC to pretend that childhood experiences in some men can flip their desires. Sexuality is such a nuanced, complex thing, and science has never truly resolved the nature/nurture argument regarding homosexuality. You can disagree with me, but that's my belief, and it's based on having met a lot of gay men throughout my life. It's not anecdotal.

by Anonymousreply 101June 7, 2021 7:50 PM

You’re bisexual R101.

by Anonymousreply 102June 7, 2021 7:53 PM

The "my type bro" troll was so kind to inform me over the weekend, in another thread, that gay men are bitchy, queeny, immoral half-women who 'real men' regard as "cocksuckers", and that even kindergarteners know this. Yes, 5 year olds should know the word "cocksuckers", and what they are.

Must have learned that from his loving, caring Evangelical church. And we all know how loyal the Evangelicals were to YouKnowWho.

[quote]I identify as a straight man

So then what brought you here? The gay porn?

by Anonymousreply 103June 7, 2021 7:53 PM

So are you saying you have met a lot of "gay" men who are actually straight men but childhood trauma made them gay, r101? Is that what you see when you meet a gay man now, a Freudian case study?

by Anonymousreply 104June 7, 2021 8:05 PM

He's lying. Ignore-dar shows him as fully gay, lusting after hot men all over the place on DataLounge, zero heterosexuality in sight.

He's just a sick Troll.

by Anonymousreply 105June 7, 2021 8:13 PM

De Blasio's wife is an ex-gay.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106June 7, 2021 8:21 PM

R106 Troll.

by Anonymousreply 107June 7, 2021 8:25 PM

r101 You always say that we are a failure because we don't like women, Does it make you feel better?

by Anonymousreply 108June 7, 2021 8:28 PM

[quote] These groups claim that they have many, many case studies of guys who were able to fix whatever was broken within them and live, for lack of a better word, a "heteronormative" life.

They're only living a heteronormative life part time. They're all, every damn one of them, sneaking off periodically to indulge in the sex they still yearn for so much. They're only fooling themselves.

by Anonymousreply 109June 7, 2021 8:28 PM

“Former lesbian” that’s ex-gay.

by Anonymousreply 110June 7, 2021 8:28 PM

R110 Troll.

by Anonymousreply 111June 7, 2021 8:29 PM

r105, are you severely mentally challenged or unable to think intelligently when somethin doesn't fit your narrative. I said I identified as a gay man and not as an ex-gay. Of course I lust over hot guys. But there are plenty of guys who are able to manage their desires and choose a different path. That's their business, and they probably couldn't care less what you think of them and their life choices.

by Anonymousreply 112June 7, 2021 8:30 PM

R111? Enough.

by Anonymousreply 113June 7, 2021 8:30 PM

You’re bisexual R112.

by Anonymousreply 114June 7, 2021 8:31 PM

But I loved my daddy more….is that so wrong?

by Anonymousreply 115June 7, 2021 8:32 PM

[quote]I identify as a straight man....

[quote]I said I identified as a gay man and not as an ex-gay.

Wait, what?

by Anonymousreply 116June 7, 2021 8:34 PM

I think you identified as a straight man, specifically, r112. Please to clarify.

by Anonymousreply 117June 7, 2021 8:34 PM

"You can disagree with me, but that's my belief, and it's based on having met a lot of gay men throughout my life. It's not anecdotal."

Um, r101....that's exactly what anecdotal means.

by Anonymousreply 118June 7, 2021 8:35 PM

Delusional and just lying to themselves to placate some ill placed sense of loyalties. Ain’t never going to happen. If you’re gay, you stay that way. It’s all a bunch of hogwash.

by Anonymousreply 119June 7, 2021 8:37 PM

r56, your myopic view doesn't allow you to see that it's a complex issue beyond simple bigotry and self-loathing.

by Anonymousreply 120June 7, 2021 8:38 PM

"It's always religion and always Christianity"

Don't forget us!

by Anonymousreply 121June 7, 2021 8:38 PM

so just staying onscript. well okay, it's a strategy.

by Anonymousreply 122June 7, 2021 8:39 PM

[quote] The Changed movement, a group of “ex-gay” advocates that claimed to have left behind their LGBTQ identities, embarked on Washington D.C. this weekend as part of their CHANGED DC “tour.”

They just look stupid and silly.

by Anonymousreply 123June 7, 2021 8:39 PM

r101=r112 can't decide if he identifies as gay or straight?

by Anonymousreply 124June 7, 2021 8:40 PM

I think he got turned around with his fanfic.

by Anonymousreply 125June 7, 2021 8:41 PM

[quote] Fewer bottoms to compete with.

Yup, and you know they are the ones with those extremely loose blown out holes, nobody wants that.

by Anonymousreply 126June 7, 2021 8:42 PM

you know it really is quite simple:

If you are aroused by fantasizing about cock ,now i could be wrong…..but i would say you are as queer as a 3 dollar bill. And you can practice self-denial all you want and even say you’re an ex-homo…but you are still a guy aroused by thoughts of a penis in your ass, in your mouth. oh dear….the list is long But you get the gist…….

by Anonymousreply 127June 7, 2021 8:43 PM

He's every woman's husband, and every man's wife!

by Anonymousreply 128June 7, 2021 8:44 PM

First, he says:

Then, when called out on his homosexual posts all over DL, he says the complete opposite: [quote]I said I identified as a gay man

by Anonymousreply 129June 7, 2021 8:48 PM

First, he says:

Then, when called out on his homosexual posts all over DL, he says the complete opposite:

[quote]I said I identified as a gay man

by Anonymousreply 130June 7, 2021 8:49 PM

[R126]

Let’s not start bashing loose bottoms…….some guys just enjoy the maximum experience….nothing to be ashamed of…i’m certainly not

by Anonymousreply 131June 7, 2021 8:49 PM

The Mike Pence fan club

by Anonymousreply 132June 7, 2021 8:50 PM

Oh my….you think Mike Pence has a loose bottom? Absolutely possible I hear tRump is very well endowed..4years of getting fucked everyday would take a toll on anyone.

by Anonymousreply 133June 7, 2021 8:56 PM

I think we all know Trump is anything but well endowed

by Anonymousreply 134June 7, 2021 8:59 PM

Oh really….That’s not what he says…

by Anonymousreply 135June 7, 2021 9:03 PM

r86 All I can say is I encountered this in real life through a woman I knew. Her husband said the exact things you wrote, distant father, domineering mother. . . the whole thing. He came out to his wife, my friend, and he went to therapy and when he would have a "slip up" his wife would say to me "Oh Larry and I are having a rough time right now, he's acting out again." They'd refer to him fooling around with guys as "acting out" indicating that the behavior was a response being acted out due to things that happened in his childhood.

They did not stay together and Larry continued "acting out" until he got sick with AIDS and died. Repression often leads to more exaggerated or extreme behavior.

If you are attracted enough to men to have sex with them, you are gay. Maybe it's just a little gay, but still gay.

I refuse to support the idea that anything needs to be changed when a person finds themselves same sex attracted. There has been too much suffering, time to fucking stop this shit.

It's okay to be gay. A lot gay, a little, only gay on Sundays, whatever. It's okay.

by Anonymousreply 136June 7, 2021 9:26 PM

That’s very opened minded

by Anonymousreply 137June 7, 2021 9:28 PM

Personally, I don’t mind ex-gays. I have two minds on this subject. One, I think that people should have the right to self-determine when it comes to sexuality and sexual identity. That includes people who experience same sex attraction that want to get rid of them. Second, I don’t want people telling me, I’m broken or inferior because I experience same sex attraction.

Besides, history, anthropology, and anthropology show that sexuality is more complex than the gay or straight label. Didn’t Michael Barbaro, Stephen Spender, and others leave their male partners for women? So it shows that sexuality isn’t completely fixed for some people.

by Anonymousreply 138June 7, 2021 9:32 PM

[quote]One, I think that people should have the right to self-determine

I agree but not kids or teens. I prefer 21 to start taking hormones and hormone blockers, and getting your penis and testicles removed.

by Anonymousreply 139June 7, 2021 9:35 PM

What a troll at R138.

"If Michael Barbaro can turn straight, anyone can! Sexuality isn't fixed! You can change, too!

by Anonymousreply 140June 7, 2021 9:35 PM

r138 it's called being bisexual.

It's a real thing.

by Anonymousreply 141June 7, 2021 9:36 PM

‘and getting your penis and testicles removed.’

Oh my……I would lose my very best friend through times of trouble

by Anonymousreply 142June 7, 2021 9:40 PM

If they want to reject their true sexual orientation, be it but be celibate, LEAVE THE WOMEN ALONE. I'm sick of closeted cases who use women to hide and as a incubator.

The reason almost nobody take them seriously is because they want to hurt the Gay Community. If they were being sincere, they would leave gays fucking alone.

I'm sick of this, same sex relationships exist in nature, it's part of evolution. Only humans make a big fuss about it, all because society and religion make gay people feel guilty. And the childhood trauma bullshit is a nonsense from the XIX century.

by Anonymousreply 143June 7, 2021 10:05 PM

Dear Ex-Gay Community,

We got it.

You are free from the "burden" of being gay. You choose to live as an ex-gay and that's ok.

You are free from your addictions and we are happy for you.

But...

Do not assume every gay man are promiscuous as you were,

Do not assume every gay man take drugs like you took,

Do not assume every gay man are a compulsive cheater like you were.

Your experiences are not the same as ours.

We do not care you are ex-gay as long as you do not rub it always in our faces and force us to change. You want to change but we are happy.

Most importantly, you have no right to try take away our rights.

If you want us to respect you, respect us. Simple as that.

Gay people living happily may "tempt" you? That's your problem. You are the one who put yourself in that position.

Leave us alone and we will leave you alone.

Sincerely yours,

The Gay Community

by Anonymousreply 144June 7, 2021 10:08 PM

Now if there was an ex-pedo movement I'd be really impressed.

by Anonymousreply 145June 7, 2021 10:12 PM

R145 now this is a movement I'd support.

by Anonymousreply 146June 7, 2021 10:26 PM

[R144]

That was nice….it’s a welcomed change from all the bitching and back biting that goes on around here. I bet you are a very nice and well emotionally balanced homosexual…….thank you

by Anonymousreply 147June 7, 2021 10:38 PM

R140

Again, I don't think that homosexuals need to change or become sexually fluid. I do argue for self-determination and self-autonomy If some people want to spend their money and time on a goal that aligns with their beliefs, I'm all for it. I'm trying to have a nuanced opinion on this matter.

by Anonymousreply 148June 8, 2021 4:14 PM

I’m sorry, but I’ve been in enough religious addiction recovery meetings to where this shit is entertaining.

They make confessions of porn addiction first. When they’ve worn this one out, they share detailed accounts of their former sinful ways. If/when there’s another relapse, they’ll confess to buying a burner phone to use hookup apps. That’s when they finally admit a dual addiction. Church guy is a meth head who sucks a dick whenever he scores drugs.

by Anonymousreply 149June 8, 2021 4:31 PM

If all they wanted was to "change", then why are the Fake Straights always needing to hold meetings for all 20 of them? They aren't even smart enough to realize they're being played by right wing haters.

by Anonymousreply 150June 8, 2021 10:28 PM

I just don't understand you posters who can't even sympathize with a religious person's deep emotional conflict and inner turmoil over being gay. Not everyone can so easily and cavalierly walk out of the closet. For so many people, there's a lot of emotional and psychological pain involved.

by Anonymousreply 151June 8, 2021 10:32 PM

They can't "easily and cavalierly walk out of the closet" but they can march in public to talk about how our sexual desires need to be "controlled". Interesting.

BTW, you still haven't answered the question on if you're straight or gay.....

by Anonymousreply 152June 8, 2021 10:45 PM

I'm gay. Must've been a Freudian slip. You all just seemed so heartless and lacked sympathy over people who struggle with their homosexuality. The answer isn't always to come out of the closet. For some guys that would be more psychologically devastating than staying IN the closet, because it would be in conflict with how they want to define/see themselves.

by Anonymousreply 153June 8, 2021 10:48 PM

[quote]For some guys that would be more psychologically devastating than staying IN the closet

Probably why so, so many transition too.

by Anonymousreply 154June 8, 2021 10:50 PM

[R153] You all just seemed so heartless and lacked sympathy over people who struggle with their homosexuality

I have a question………what are you struggling with?……..being queer?….really?……why?

by Anonymousreply 155June 8, 2021 11:57 PM

You make it sound like being homosexual is some how something you must rid yourself of.

Who taught you that?

by Anonymousreply 156June 8, 2021 11:59 PM

The church.

by Anonymousreply 157June 9, 2021 12:00 AM

Bit of a low turn out.

R16 - there's a big difference between supporting ALL trans garbage (and there's plenty of it from both the pro-trans and anti-trans camps) and not wanting to see dozens of threads on DL with everybody belittling trans people and making absurd, deeply hurtful, genuinely nasty and appallingly destructive statements about all of them as a group and by doing so, encouraging hatred of a marginalized group of people. Big difference.

by Anonymousreply 158June 9, 2021 1:41 AM

I'm struggling so I decided to stand on a corner and tell YOU that I'M better than you and that I'm going to heaven and you're going to hell.

You know, "recruitment" was a trope that was used against us forever and now these delusional (def. believe in things that are demonstrably false) self-loathing queers are trying to do the same thing. Let's pretend we are straight- LOOK AT MY BABY!

by Anonymousreply 159June 9, 2021 1:45 AM

Milo: Dogs No Longer Bark at Me Since I Stopped Being Gay

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 160June 9, 2021 1:50 AM

Yea …but he’s nuts…..right?

by Anonymousreply 161June 9, 2021 2:07 AM

Not nuts R161.

Yiannopoulos is the consummate grifter - willing to literally do or say anything and use any technique which will raise his profile and get the money and perks flowing in.

Like the ex-gay or fake black husband or anti-trans dogma or woe is me I'm punished for my beliefs and broke technique.

A total pile of excrement.

by Anonymousreply 162June 9, 2021 2:27 AM

What a bunch of losers.

by Anonymousreply 163June 9, 2021 3:20 AM

Why do gay men prefer transpeople but not ex-gays when they both seem identical in terms of backgrounds, religious beliefs, politics. It seems gay men are threatened by ex-gays but not by trans (for the most part). There are more gay men who support the trans then not—so why is one preferred over the over. Myself, I think if you’re going to have the trans stuff, you should have the ex-gay stuff too. Or have neither. I’m fine either way. But I don’t get why one is illegal and the other isn’t when transgenderism is way more bizarre, extreme, brutal, and forever. Once you lose your penis and testicles, it’s over.

by Anonymousreply 164June 9, 2021 8:01 PM

Oh please... I came out in 1976.... And I'm still ALIVE... WOW.... Amazing! I even go to a Baptist Church... that believes in EQUALITY... You can go to Church AND be LGBT... Baptist Churches are all independent... and lots are cool with us. (NOT Southern Baptist... they're just homophobic assholes. Sort of like ex-Gays!)

There's no fucking reason to be a closet case or ex-Gay in 2021.

by Anonymousreply 165June 11, 2021 9:10 PM

[quote]There's no fucking reason to be a closet case or ex-Gay in 2021.

So many would disagree with you. Trans, ex-gay—thousands. That Milo person said he’s received thousands of requests for his ex-gay clinic in Florida. I believe him when he says that.

by Anonymousreply 166June 11, 2021 9:28 PM

Then you're as much of an idiot as HE is...

by Anonymousreply 167June 11, 2021 10:32 PM

You actually believe Milo r166? What a tool.

by Anonymousreply 168June 11, 2021 10:35 PM

Maybe.

by Anonymousreply 169June 11, 2021 10:35 PM

Can you imagine going thru your life never being truly happy because you care more about what people think about you.. Tragic

by Anonymousreply 170June 11, 2021 10:39 PM

So, Milo's interns are back? If you are here to shill for that broken ass loser, you've truly hit the rock bottom. You need a therapist, a Freud Institute level one, not the ex-gay movement.

by Anonymousreply 171June 11, 2021 10:54 PM

Many gay people view their homosexuality as a curse and deviant sexual behavior, on a par with pedophilia. They're entitled to those feelings, so of course they want to change. Blame the church, blame society, it doesn't really matter. By the time they accept these feelings and digest that they like guys, their conservative are so entrenched, so ingrained in them, that it's very difficulty to let go of that mentality. Having same-sex feelings and have conservative views about the world is the ultimate internal conflict.

by Anonymousreply 172June 11, 2021 10:55 PM

[quote]By the time they accept these feelings and digest that they like guys, their conservative are so entrenched, so ingrained in them, that it's very difficulty to let go of that mentality.

If they do “accept”, they transition in “women” or “men”.

by Anonymousreply 173June 11, 2021 10:57 PM

*into

by Anonymousreply 174June 11, 2021 10:57 PM

I guess with CL gone, this is how these basket cases get to meet each other. Wouldn't it be easier to find some trashy motel in a nondescript area and bring along a set of disco lights, a massage table and some crystal meth?

by Anonymousreply 175June 11, 2021 11:03 PM

I don't know. Is it psychologically easier for conservative gay guys to accept their homosexuality, or to be in denial and proclaim they're a woman trapped in a man's body? Basically which is the lesser of the two evils for them. Neither option seems acceptable in conservative circles.

by Anonymousreply 176June 11, 2021 11:04 PM

[quote]Neither option seems acceptable in conservative circles.

This is true but I think the trans is a little more preferred amongst conservatives, just from my own experience, which is just my own.

by Anonymousreply 177June 11, 2021 11:07 PM

I'm playing devil's advocate and putting myself in the place of a super-religious/conservative parent with a gay son. Would I prefer the son live as a gay man, or transition to a woman? I'd probably prefer the former. The latter option just seems incredibly drastic and more taboo than living as a gay man. These conflicts are real, and I think we need to respectfully acknowledge them and sympathize.

by Anonymousreply 178June 11, 2021 11:14 PM

[quote]These conflicts are real, and I think we need to respectfully acknowledge them and sympathize.

I agree, if we are going to have the trans stuff, then we need to have the ex-gay stuff. I feel making “ex-gay therapy” illegal is wrong, in light of all the trans stuff. It’s because of the trans hoopla that I’ve changed my mind on ex-gay therapy. And also because it gives gay men who hate who they are, an option. I’d much rather a gay man “pray away the gay” and recover spiritually and mentally down the road through lots of therapy, if they accept themselves as gay, as opposed not recovering from having their penis and testicles removed, and a “vagina” put in, and be physically broken for life.

by Anonymousreply 179June 11, 2021 11:23 PM

This was far more entertaining on "Will & Grace".

And they're TOTALLY fucking each other. Life is short, and if they want to live in complete self-imposed denial and misery...fuck 'em. I certainly don't claim those idiots.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 180June 11, 2021 11:27 PM

I have family members who are part of the Ex-Gay movement. I am very close to some of them, they know I'm gay. We often are able to manage fun and interesting discussions without getting into sexual politics, but not always....and I'm not the one to bring it up. I'm happily partnered for several years, and I don't try to wedge that into their lives, because I don't want to stoop to that. But they sometimes do...

I have watched their FB feeds, and have listened to them talk, have met some of their friends, and tried to keep an open mind.

But the bottom line here is, they don't keep their sexual conflict to themselves, and are very much proselytizers. They will look for any opportunity to try and talk you out of your sexuality, whether it be pitiful online screeds or showing up at Pride marches with picket signs (my cousins do this).

One cousin of mine, an ex-lesbian named Linda, tries on an annual basis to see 'how I'm doing', and how are things with my partner. I keep it peaceful and everything, but when she starts talking about Jesus, and how he needs to fill my heart and bring me to the path of salvation, and that it's wrong for me to lay with another man like I do with my partner, I tell her that's none of her business and she needs to stop, and she does. Linda's story is that she was a bull dyke on a bike, and did the whole Pride thing, was a wild one, and had a really fun time, lots of friends, and a few girlfriends over the years. Then her mother (a Born Again) got to her around the same time a girl broke her heart. She bottomed out, and 'found herself in Jesus' and now travels as an ex-gay preacher....no motorcycle either.

Linda succeeded in convincing my cousin Penelope, who had a kid with a black guy (scandal), then she started dating a girl (bigger scandal), and was much happier during that time. She used to talk back to Linda and others in our family, and shut her down on her FB feed - even bigger scandal. I always supported this in my mind, but I never joined in that bitch fest. Linda got to Penelope eventually. She wore her down and now they are both tooting the same message on the internet. They write articles on it, and publish little newsletters for their community, and it is a pretty big community.

Every single one of them, make no mistake, is very much invested in telling the world that they are happily Ex-Gay, AND that this definitively means that all gay people need to become Ex-Gay too.

So no, I'm not going to join the Ex-Gay sympathy tour started by some in this thread (who I doubt are really that close to the issue themselves). I have my own demons in my family to deal with, and I have a good handle on the issue. Sympathy is not what I need. I just need to stay tolerant, and keep my contact with them minimal. That's my big contribution.

by Anonymousreply 181June 11, 2021 11:49 PM

[quote] She bottomed out, and 'found herself in Jesus' and now travels as an ex-gay preacher....no motorcycle either.

Miserable people need more miserable people to legitimize themselves.

by Anonymousreply 182June 12, 2021 1:21 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!