Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Jessica Chastain IS Tammy Faye Bakker an Andrew Garfield is Jim Bakker

Holyfuckingshit!

Who knew that an uptight closeted Ginger lesbian channel Tammy Faye?

Offsite Link
by PTL stands for pay the ladyreply 59Last Thursday at 7:17 AM

For the most part, I'm impressed. One of those photos (the bed one) looks more like '90s Drew Barrymore, though. And the look for Andrew is right, but he seems to be a decade younger than he should be.

by PTL stands for pay the ladyreply 106/03/2021

Can’t wait!

by PTL stands for pay the ladyreply 206/03/2021

Do we think that Chastain will finally get the oscar for this one?

by PTL stands for pay the ladyreply 306/03/2021

Also wouldn't Kristin Chenoweth have been better? Wiki says she was planning film musical on her.

Offsite Link
by PTL stands for pay the ladyreply 406/03/2021

damn, Jessica looks unrecognizable

by PTL stands for pay the ladyreply 506/03/2021

If this is even remotely good otherwise she will definitely get an Oscar nom.

Winning on the other hand? We'll see.

by PTL stands for pay the ladyreply 6Last Wednesday at 5:50 AM

LOL Grace Randolph is gonna tear her TO SHREDS.

by PTL stands for pay the ladyreply 7Last Wednesday at 6:31 AM

I'm gonna watch the shit out of that!

by PTL stands for pay the ladyreply 8Last Wednesday at 7:09 AM

Trailer

Offsite Link
by PTL stands for pay the ladyreply 9Last Wednesday at 7:42 AM

Looks good!

by PTL stands for pay the ladyreply 10Last Wednesday at 8:07 AM

Looks like Chastain will pull a Renee like Renee did with her Judy Portrayal

by PTL stands for pay the ladyreply 11Last Wednesday at 8:08 AM

No, she isn't.

by PTL stands for pay the ladyreply 12Last Wednesday at 8:22 AM

Why didn't they just cast Polly Walker? And she would look much more like Tammy and probably more campy than Jessica.

Offsite Link
by PTL stands for pay the ladyreply 13Last Wednesday at 8:32 AM

She's too old for him.

by PTL stands for pay the ladyreply 14Last Wednesday at 8:37 AM

When does this air on Lifetime?

by PTL stands for pay the ladyreply 15Last Wednesday at 8:37 AM

I like the 80's font on the trailer. Not a lot of crying tho.

by PTL stands for pay the ladyreply 16Last Wednesday at 8:41 AM

Bitch, Chastain [italic]is not[/italic] playing. If this is even halfway decent, she’s winning Oscah!

by PTL stands for pay the ladyreply 17Last Wednesday at 8:44 AM

Wow. I smell an Oscar.

by PTL stands for pay the ladyreply 18Last Wednesday at 8:45 AM

I think she’s got the essence of Tammy Faye down, but that’s not her voice. Her singing voice sounds about right, but her talking voice was very distinct. I hope it’s a good movie.

by PTL stands for pay the ladyreply 19Last Wednesday at 8:50 AM

I can't wait to watch this, I hope it comes on HBO Max.

by PTL stands for pay the ladyreply 20Last Wednesday at 8:50 AM

R19 Where did you hear Chastain’s vocal work as Tammy Faye? No clips have been published.

Also, I [italic]must[/italic] hunt for the interview Chastain references:

[quote] Chastain says she was most surprised watching her interview with Christian gay minister and AIDS patient Steve Pieters, which fueled Tammy's later involvement and support of the LGBTQ movement. "That's really why I wanted to make the movie," Chastain allows. "Because in a time when people were even afraid to say AIDS, we had this female televangelist. And she was a minister too in her own right. She wasn't just the preacher's wife, the singer. The interview is phenomenal. It's so beautiful and loving. And it's such a huge turning point in terms of what people could associate God's grace with, because I feel like she was filled with grace."

I’ve always like Chastain. Her work in The Tree of Life was transcendent, and her performances in The Help, A Violent Year, and Zero Dark Thirty are spectacular. Of course, I liked her even more after she admitted that Jessica Lange is her favorite actress, citing Frances, Blue Sky, and Titus as films and performances she loves.

by PTL stands for pay the ladyreply 21Last Wednesday at 8:57 AM

Jesus, Andrew Garfield is forever adorable.

by PTL stands for pay the ladyreply 22Last Wednesday at 8:59 AM

This insufferable woke bitch and her team’s quest for an Oscar continues.

by PTL stands for pay the ladyreply 23Last Wednesday at 8:59 AM

Found it! (I think.)

Offsite Link
by PTL stands for pay the ladyreply 24Last Wednesday at 9:00 AM

She’s not good. Tammy Faye had a very baby speaking voice but a strong belt singing voice. She doesn’t have the voice right.

I had a friend that worked at PTL and I met Jim & Tammy Faye. It’s difficult to portray Tammy Faye because she had that gloss of “Southern Woman Helplessness” that so many actresses don’t have the ability to portray. She wasn’t “I am woman, hear me roar” which is how people are trying to recreate her. She was most comfortable when singing.

Offsite Link
by PTL stands for pay the ladyreply 25Last Wednesday at 9:01 AM

Can't wait.

It's amazing to me that Jim Bakker is still out there scamming people. (And people are still falling for it!)

by PTL stands for pay the ladyreply 26Last Wednesday at 9:01 AM

R25 Again, where have you heard Chastain’s Tammy Faye voice. Link please!

by PTL stands for pay the ladyreply 27Last Wednesday at 9:04 AM

R27, did you miss the trailer at R9?

by PTL stands for pay the ladyreply 28Last Wednesday at 9:08 AM

R8 lol, obviously I did. Thanks for pointing it out.

by PTL stands for pay the ladyreply 29Last Wednesday at 9:09 AM

[quote] Again, where have you heard Chastain’s Tammy Faye voice.

I was talking about her speaking voice in the movie trailer at r9. But the singing voice is wrong as well. Tammy Faye didn’t squeak when she sang like Chastain does.

by PTL stands for pay the ladyreply 30Last Wednesday at 9:11 AM

anyone else think she looks like Bryce Dallas Howard at the beginning of the trailer?

by PTL stands for pay the ladyreply 31Last Wednesday at 9:11 AM

I adore Cherry Jones.

by PTL stands for pay the ladyreply 32Last Wednesday at 9:12 AM

Chastain does an amazing job. She’s winning the Oscar.

by PTL stands for pay the ladyreply 33Last Wednesday at 9:12 AM

[quote] Also wouldn't Kristin Chenoweth have been better?

Yes, such a great screen actress, that Kristin Chenoweth....

by PTL stands for pay the ladyreply 34Last Wednesday at 9:13 AM

I'm SO gonna watch.

by PTL stands for pay the ladyreply 35Last Wednesday at 9:16 AM

Looks overripe and ostentatious.

by PTL stands for pay the ladyreply 36Last Wednesday at 9:51 AM

I still like that 2000 documentary narrated by RuPaul

Offsite Link
by PTL stands for pay the ladyreply 37Last Wednesday at 11:15 AM

Was Tammy still friends with Jim J Bullock when she died? I think she was vilified by wingnuts for not being homophobic enough.

by PTL stands for pay the ladyreply 38Last Wednesday at 11:36 AM

Horrible casting.

by PTL stands for pay the ladyreply 39Last Wednesday at 12:15 PM

This will earn several Razzie noms; I don't think the Academy would even throw a makeup nom their way, as the makeup would be the Tammy Faye makeup that was a national joke for years. Jessica Chastain looks a foot taller than Tammy Faye, though she's actually only 5" taller.

I nearly went to Tammy Faye's funeral. (It was held in Atlanta, where I lived at the time.) One of the biggest regrets of my life was missing it, except I knew it would be a total sobfest, and I was working the whole weekend it was held. For whatever can be said about Tammy Faye, she did have a heart for the gays. Her son Jay has disowned the movie--unsurprisingly--and asked his followers on FB to quit asking him about it. Very few of us know what it would be like to be dragged through the mud like his family was, for better or for worse.

Side note: I walked through Heritage USA a few years ago. (My sister lives a couple of hours from there.) It still looks much the same, except a lot of the land has been developed into cookie cutter homes. The hotel is still there and serves as the base for a non-denominational church. The Upper Room is also still there, and even on an idle Thursday afternoon, there was someone in there wailing away at the piano (which made it impossible to meditate and pray). As many above have said, Jim Bakker is still grifting away outside Branson. The new campus even resembles Heritage USA to a great extent, besides being much smaller in scale.

by PTL stands for pay the ladyreply 40Last Wednesday at 12:38 PM

I saw Jay at a Petsmart years ago. He was buying a giant bed for his pitbull. I recognized him and struck up a conversation. His wife was like a punk rock Tammy Faye, so much makeup. She seemed less than thrilled that I was talking to him. I didn't let on that I knew him, only talked about dogs. I see he lives in Minneapolis now. Where everyone sounds like his mom

by PTL stands for pay the ladyreply 41Last Wednesday at 1:34 PM

I hope Jessica’s can live up to Bernadette Peters as Tammy Faye. “Fall From Grace” was rather tame since it was a TV movie but Bernadette and Kevin Spacey are really good in it.

And of course there is the campy scene at 44:44 that leads into the shopping montage.

Offsite Link
by PTL stands for pay the ladyreply 42Last Wednesday at 2:07 PM

Wow Jessica Castain!

by PTL stands for pay the ladyreply 43Last Wednesday at 2:27 PM

*Chastain

by PTL stands for pay the ladyreply 44Last Wednesday at 2:28 PM

Are they gonna use CGI on Jessica's face to reenact Tammy's last interview with Larry King?

by PTL stands for pay the ladyreply 45Last Wednesday at 2:53 PM

R45 They could cast Kellyanne Conway for that.

by PTL stands for pay the ladyreply 46Last Wednesday at 3:05 PM

OMG! This is rated PG-13, it must be a lame shitshow! And I hate the director's previous movie: THE BIG SICK, so I will pass.

by PTL stands for pay the ladyreply 47Last Wednesday at 3:09 PM

I agree with the poster above—Kristin chenowith would’ve been great in this role or the girl married to Dax shepherd. Can’t recall her name. Either way, I’M HERE FOR THIS MY LITTLE CHICKENS.

Now we need a movie about that kook Gwen Shamblin & her cult. Heather Locklear looks enough like but I doubt she has the acting chops. Renee Zellwegger could nail her character & the accent too but then we’d have to look at her squinty little face for 2 hrs. REESE WITHERSPOON! Not pretty enough but petite & talented enough!!

by PTL stands for pay the ladyreply 48Last Wednesday at 3:11 PM

No Jessica Hahn?

by PTL stands for pay the ladyreply 49Last Wednesday at 5:38 PM

"Demonic Raisins, I rebuke you!"

Offsite Link
by PTL stands for pay the ladyreply 50Last Wednesday at 5:57 PM

Looks truely terrible. It also looks like Chastain's make-up has been enchanced by fucking GCI.

by PTL stands for pay the ladyreply 51Last Wednesday at 6:12 PM

2 noms... she might as well retire.

by PTL stands for pay the ladyreply 52Last Wednesday at 6:22 PM

Did her face wear a fat suit?!

by PTL stands for pay the ladyreply 53Last Wednesday at 6:45 PM

Looks like it.

by PTL stands for pay the ladyreply 54Last Wednesday at 7:15 PM

I saw her on Broadway when she did The Heiress. She was horrible. No wonder she hasn’t been back to Great White Way ever since.

by PTL stands for pay the ladyreply 55Last Thursday at 4:45 AM

They’re still trying to make her happen.

by PTL stands for pay the ladyreply 56Last Thursday at 4:57 AM

Hope it shows Jim Bakker to be the despicable piece of garbage that he really is.

Who plays Jessica Hahn?

by PTL stands for pay the ladyreply 57Last Thursday at 5:13 AM

Bernadette nailed Tammy in that 1990 TV movie! Wow!

by PTL stands for pay the ladyreply 58Last Thursday at 5:27 AM

Interestingly, Jim J. Bullock (Tammy Faye’s talk show co-star) is a major character in a (fictional) book coming out this fall that centers around him taping a “very special episode” episode of “Too Close for Comfort” in which his character is raped by two women.

by PTL stands for pay the ladyreply 59Last Thursday at 7:17 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!