Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

You'll start a thread for CRUELLA but not QUIET PLACE 2? You cheesey queens are hopeless

A QUIET PLACE 2 is getting great reviews and you can tell John Krasinski has a huge dick.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38June 9, 2021 5:30 PM

Is this the long awaited Y&R movie?

by Anonymousreply 1May 28, 2021 2:57 PM

I hope it's as riddled with plot holes as the first one!

by Anonymousreply 2May 28, 2021 2:57 PM

I’d rather have a handsome guy with an average dick over a fuggo with a huge dick. Pass on Krasinski

by Anonymousreply 3May 28, 2021 3:08 PM

Worked with him at NYC restaurant Blue Smoke. His dick is massive!

by Anonymousreply 4May 28, 2021 3:11 PM

Christ, they better all die this time so there’s not a third one.

by Anonymousreply 5May 28, 2021 3:13 PM

I don't understand why this movie didn't take place in a small, rural library in the 19th century. A quiet place, indeed.

by Anonymousreply 6May 28, 2021 3:29 PM

The first one was awesome!

by Anonymousreply 7May 28, 2021 4:01 PM

Don't ever compare the shitty A QUIET PLACE 2 to the incomparably delectable CRUELLA. Try to know your place in history, Emily.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8May 29, 2021 3:28 AM

The first one was awesome! It's rare that I want to see something in the theatre, but I saw the first one in one, so maybe this weekend, I'll see the second. I want to take advantage of all the things that were gone and I took for granted during 2020.

by Anonymousreply 9May 29, 2021 3:57 AM

[quote]you can tell John Krasinski has a huge dick.

How can you tell?

by Anonymousreply 10May 29, 2021 6:20 AM

Saw it, and thought it was very cynical. It only advanced the plot an inch, and basically existed to set up a third and likely fourth in the series.

It was good at ratcheting up the tension, just like the first one, but we learned it almost nothing new. There is one tidbit about the aliens, but that was it.

It was well made.

by Anonymousreply 11May 29, 2021 6:22 AM

Was it worth the wait? The posters for this film were all over the city in March 2020 right before lockdown and they remained there for most of the year. Did it need a theatrical release or would it have worked on Netflix?

by Anonymousreply 12May 29, 2021 6:47 AM

[quote]Worked with him at NYC restaurant Blue Smoke. His dick is massive!

Did he let you suck it, R4?

by Anonymousreply 13May 29, 2021 7:38 AM

How undemanding you are, R9.

by Anonymousreply 14May 29, 2021 4:13 PM

R13 I walked in on him while he was allowing a female employee suck it. She was gagging.

by Anonymousreply 15May 29, 2021 4:15 PM

Was he wearing underwear R15?

by Anonymousreply 16May 29, 2021 5:24 PM

[quote]Saw it, and thought it was very cynical. It only advanced the plot an inch, and basically existed to set up a third and likely fourth in the series.

Although it would be stretching the premise thoroughly, I can see an expansion to this. Until the last act it was very much the same film as the first.

I wonder if they constructed it so that the son would spend so much time prone or sitting as a way to distract that he's grown so much from the first film and this is supposed to take place right after the first.

by Anonymousreply 17May 30, 2021 1:01 AM

Anyone presented dong in the movie?

by Anonymousreply 18May 31, 2021 1:56 AM

I doubt John has a big dick, his hands are small and feminine.

by Anonymousreply 19May 31, 2021 2:04 AM

R18 My guess is that like Cats, the CGI dogs were all neutered to the equivalent of a Barbie crotch.

by Anonymousreply 20May 31, 2021 3:57 AM

R15, was he naked, or did he just whip it out of his Blue Smoke khakis for her?

by Anonymousreply 21May 31, 2021 4:02 AM

The movie was awesome!

I really like the originality of this franchise. My only qualm is that the climax involves an extremely far-fetched coincidence that felt entirely staged.

Krasinski could have done the movie without that and it would be perfect.

by Anonymousreply 22May 31, 2021 4:05 PM

Krasinski is only in a flashback sequence at the beginning. But it's a helluva sequence!

No peen or skin flashed.

by Anonymousreply 23May 31, 2021 4:06 PM

I really liked the casting of Cillian Murphy, because it reminds me of 28 DAYS LATER, another great, apocalyptic film.

by Anonymousreply 24May 31, 2021 4:07 PM

Was it ICONIC, R22? Don't bother me if it's not iconic.

by Anonymousreply 25May 31, 2021 4:09 PM

I think Part 2 sets up a third one, r5, one in which the humans start fighting back in massive numbers.

by Anonymousreply 26May 31, 2021 4:09 PM

It is iconic and I am a fan. It sure beats that derivative Zac Snyder bullshit ARMY OF THE DEAD, which is just an ALIENS ripoff.

by Anonymousreply 27May 31, 2021 4:10 PM

It hits very similar notes as the first film but it’s exceptionally well crafted. The child actors are terrific.

by Anonymousreply 28May 31, 2021 4:12 PM

How many trucks will I have to bring to drive through the plotholes?

by Anonymousreply 29May 31, 2021 4:14 PM

[quote]I walked in on him while he was allowing a female employee to suck it

How generous of him to allow her

by Anonymousreply 30May 31, 2021 4:18 PM

SPOILER ALERT:

We learned a couple of important things about the aliens and their weaknesses, r11. First, we learned they cannot swim and second that Regan's hearing aid distortion frequency can be broadcast over the radio en masse. Pretty crucial.

What I like about this series is that a quick fix doesn't come overnight like so many genre flicks — there are gradual progressions and slow reveals, just like science or evolution in real life.

A third thing that we learned is a glimpse of how the aliens travel: some sort of fiery descent to Earth in a burning mass, like a comet or a damaged spacecraft.

How do you think the aliens travel through outer space? They don't seem to be intelligent enough to build anything, let alone spaceships or civilizations, like the Formics of ENDER'S GAME.

Two theories.

1) The aliens were deposited on earth when the spaceship of a different, more advanced alien race lost control, as in ALIEN's Derelict spaceship.

2) The aliens procreate by shooting their spores / seeds / eggs / hives / into outer space, where they drift for eons until they fall against a planet with life suitable to grow and hunt, such as the aliens in INVASION OF THE BODY SNATCHERS or STARSHIP TROOPERS.

by Anonymousreply 31May 31, 2021 4:47 PM

R31 brings up the most glaring plot hole R29.

I saw it and liked it, but how many animals on earth cannot instinctively swim or paddle to keep afloat? Not many. Even spiders can swim.

If it is a coordinated attack why would you use hunters who can’t swim on a planet that is 70% water?

The whole invasion could be over in weeks if they just set up the feedback on radio stations across the planet, which being radio, wouldn’t really be that difficult.

by Anonymousreply 32May 31, 2021 9:27 PM

I seen it last Sunday night, and I loved it. It explained the Aliens better and it was just more action packed and much scarier than the first one in my opinion.

by Anonymousreply 33June 9, 2021 1:15 PM

R31 when I watching it at the Cinema, and they see something crashing in the sky in the movie, I was wondering how those Aliens could fly a spaceship as well because they don't seem intelligent enough. Your theories behind how they ended up on earth in the explosion are some really good ones!

by Anonymousreply 34June 9, 2021 1:20 PM

I hope we get a third movie of the franchise!

by Anonymousreply 35June 9, 2021 1:21 PM

Golly! Do you!

by Anonymousreply 36June 9, 2021 1:32 PM

R36 Yeah I do.

by Anonymousreply 37June 9, 2021 1:38 PM

Are the aliens coming for the puppies, how do they work into the plot? Is Emma one of them?

by Anonymousreply 38June 9, 2021 5:30 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!