Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Trump's DOJ covertly collected CNN journalist's email and phone records: report

[quote] On Thursday, CNN reported that the Justice Department, under former President Donald Trump, secretly collected email and phone records from a CNN reporter, without notifying either the reporter or the news organization.

[quote] "The seizure of Starr's records is the third disclosure in as many weeks where the Trump administration used its Justice Department to secretly obtain communications of journalists or to expose the identity of critics of former President Donald Trump's allies," continued the report.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8June 10, 2021 6:46 PM

Biden administration just reversed the financial fines of Putin’s oligarch that even tRump was forced to put into place. So, there’s that

by Anonymousreply 1May 21, 2021 1:22 AM

Barr belongs in jail. But before that, we need some really public hearings, Benghazi style, starring him and any other top DOJ officials who whored for him and Trump.

by Anonymousreply 2May 21, 2021 1:33 AM

I hate to be the one to say this, but the Obama administration did something similar with the AP. I think he was a good president overall, but this is one of few things he did that I find unforgivable.

Our government is getting more and more intrusive.

Trump obviously violated every norm and every law he could think to violate, so his violation doesn't surprise me, but the overall trajectory of our country is terrible.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3May 21, 2021 1:40 AM

R3 Is a whattabouter

by Anonymousreply 4May 21, 2021 1:42 AM

Barbara Starr?

Barbara Starr?

[bold][italic]BARBARA STARR????[/bold][/italic]

by Anonymousreply 5May 21, 2021 1:48 AM

The lawyer for CNN is now speaking out saying that the gag order prevented him from even letting Starr know what was going on and that even he didn't know what they were investigating.

WTF was/is with the DOJ? It isn't just Barr. These assholes did whatever the hell Trump wanted. Did they even give a shit they were working for some odious, ignorant clown or were they fine with it because many of them are Republicans anyway and prefer FOX? Something tells me some of these DOJ prosecutors would've secretly let FOX know what was going on if it was them.

I don't normally watch CNN, but I just find this so outrageous.

I know we have a DLer who was a former DOJ official. Can you please explain why this was allowed to happen. I'm sure it's "legal," but isn't it completely unethical?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6June 10, 2021 6:27 PM

Every time I read one of these types of threads, all I think is...And nothing will ever be done about it. Unfortunately, I've been 100% right so far. I really hope justice is just moving slowly but I'm losing hope that any justice is coming.

by Anonymousreply 7June 10, 2021 6:41 PM

R7, Garland's track record so far is proving you right. Frankly, the Dems in general are just weak garbage. They spend more time criticizing each other than attacking the GOP.

Schumer makes me vomit with his spinelessness. The fucker *supposedly* represents NY, yet McConnell is the one who acts as though he reps one of the states that actually pays for the country's upkeep, instead being a leeching pile of shit.

by Anonymousreply 8June 10, 2021 6:46 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!