Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Female Athletes Told to ‘Be Quiet’ as Trans Weightlifter Laurel Hubbard Qualifies for New Zealand Olympic team

Former Olympic weightlifter Tracey Lambrechs says females are being told to “be quiet” when they complain about the fairness of transgender New Zealand athlete Laurel Hubbard competing in women’s competitions.

Hubbard is on track to become the first transgender athlete to compete at an Olympics after the International Weightlifting Federation (IWF) modified qualifying requirements for the Tokyo Games on Wednesday.

The 43-year-old still has to satisfy the New Zealand Olympic Committee (NZOC) of her fitness and performance standards before selection for the team but the prospect she will compete in Tokyo has already raised hackles.

“I’m quite disappointed, quite disappointed for the female athlete who will lose out on that spot,” Lambrechs, who won a bronze medal for New Zealand at the 2018 Commonwealth Games, told TVNZ.

“We’re all about equality for women in sport but right now that equality is being taken away from us.

“I’ve had female weightlifters come up to me and say, ‘what do we do? This isn’t fair, what do we do?’. Unfortunately, there’s nothing we can do because every time we voice it we get told to be quiet.”

Hubbard, 43, competed in men’s weightlifting competitions before transitioning in 2013.

She has been eligible to compete in the Olympics since 2015, when the International Olympic Committee issued guidelines allowing any transgender athlete to compete as a woman provided their testosterone levels are below 10 nanomoles per litre for at least 12 months before their first competition.

Many scientists have criticised these guidelines, saying they do little to mitigate the biological advantages of those who have gone through puberty as males, including bone and muscle density.

In a statement on Thursday, the IOC said that while committed to inclusion, it was currently reviewing its guidelines to take into account the “perceived tension between fairness/safety and inclusion/non-discrimination”.

“The IOC is developing new guidance to help ensure that athletes – regardless of their gender identity and/or sex characteristics – can engage in safe and fair competition,” it said.

The exact criteria for transgender participation in elite sport is determined by the international federations and some have already adjusted the IOC guidelines for power events.

World Rugby banned transgender athletes from the elite women’s game last year for safety reasons.

“The rules are in place, that’s the playing field we’re playing in, so that’s how we’re going to move forward,” he said.

Australia’s weightlifting federation sought to block Hubbard from competing at the 2018 Commonwealth Games on the Gold Coast but organisers rejected the move.

Rival weightlifters and coaches at the Commonwealth Games also complained. Hubbard suffered a potentially career-ending injury while lifting in the 90+kg division.

Brumbies hope to bounce back for NZ

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 171July 22, 2021 11:44 AM

The first transgendered whale.

by Anonymousreply 1May 11, 2021 7:34 AM

I'm going to vomit. The world they want for will lead us at war.

by Anonymousreply 2May 11, 2021 7:40 AM

That ain't no woman!!!

by Anonymousreply 3May 11, 2021 7:41 AM

Unacceptable

by Anonymousreply 4May 11, 2021 7:45 AM

Laurel "Ron" Hubbard couldn't stay in her/his/them lane if he/she/they tried.

by Anonymousreply 5May 11, 2021 7:45 AM

r5 Is she any relation to, ya' know?

by Anonymousreply 6May 11, 2021 7:53 AM

The Laurel Hubbard story is so bizarre.

Hubbard was involved in a car accident in 2018 where 2 people were seriously injured yet Hubbard managed to obtain a court order stopping the details of the case being reported until they were sentenced in 2019.

[quote]The judge also suppressed her name until 30 September 2019 because the "publication of Hubbard's name at that point would be likely to cause extreme hardship' as Hubbard is trying to qualify for the 2020 Tokyo Olympics.

How long before male sportswomen apply for court orders to stop the media reporting on them being men?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7May 11, 2021 7:54 AM

I wonder if they'll have him throw the competition - I remember Fallon Fox (trans MMA fighter) did that once, it was so that if anyone ever questioned him, he could bring up that one fight he lost to a woman as proof they had a fair chance.

by Anonymousreply 8May 11, 2021 7:59 AM

*they'll have him or throw it, or he'll act independently

by Anonymousreply 9May 11, 2021 8:00 AM

Whatever. Femi-nazis pushed their way into every male space, and men were told to shut up about it. Now feminist's own tactics are being used against them by a contingent of batshit straight males in cheap wigs. Pass the popcorn.

by Anonymousreply 10May 11, 2021 8:04 AM

I get called a right winger here because I've stated over and over and over that trans women playing bio women just isn't fair. Not anti-trans. Trans people should be able to do anything any other adult can do.

But not play competitive sports. It's ONE sacrifice. For reasons that have nothing to do with ideology. Just biology. That's it.

I wonder what those calling me a right winger think about this? This woman is taking the Olympic spot - which means money, endorsements, etc. - of a bio woman for glaringly obvious reasons: Uh, one Olympic hopeful went through male puberty. The others not making the team did not. And in a sport where strength is quite literally the only metric toward success? Yikes.

But I'm right wing. Sure. Fairness has always been one of the most important parts of being a democrat. Not in this case, I guess.

by Anonymousreply 11May 11, 2021 8:13 AM

It's sad to see Laurel, effectively a white man, winning at the Pacific Games, which is one of the few international tournaments where as a whole small indigenous Pacific nationals can shine.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12May 11, 2021 8:13 AM

but, r10, the vast majority of women have nothing to do with that type of activism, or any activism - just like the the vast majority of men

by Anonymousreply 13May 11, 2021 8:23 AM

It fascinates me how many on the left will never accept the validity of Israel because it's a "white supremacist colonist nation" despite Jews having lived in the region for years, yet New Zealand, a country built and controlled by white European colonisers, is progressive and envied, despite sending white men to compete against indigenous Pacific women.

by Anonymousreply 14May 11, 2021 8:26 AM

[quote]Whatever. Femi-nazis pushed their way into every male space, and men were told to shut up about it. Now feminist's own tactics are being used against them by a contingent of batshit straight males in cheap wigs. Pass the popcorn.

Women were excluded from sporting competitions because they weren't men.

So they created their own sporting competitions and campaigned for equal prize money and sponsorship.

Now men are insisting they can compete in women's competitions because they've grow their hair and painted their nails.

And misogynists like R10 blame the women. Nothing changes.

by Anonymousreply 15May 11, 2021 8:31 AM

It’s possible nowadays to have a legal sex change without having to undergo surgery or hormone treatment . You can “remain” a man biologically and become a woman legally.

by Anonymousreply 16May 11, 2021 8:34 AM

Democrats suck!

by Anonymousreply 17May 11, 2021 8:44 AM

Years ago, women pushed their way, through legal threats, onto my formerly gay male swim club completely ruining the unique enjoyment of the experience. They are now half the club because so many gay men felt uncomfortable and left. I don't have any sympathy for women now complaining about trannies doing the same. Karma, bitches.

by Anonymousreply 18May 11, 2021 8:44 AM

In the future, some conversations will go like this:

Person1: “ I’m a woman”

Person2: “But you look like a man, dress like a man and sound like a man. You’ve got more muscles and body hair than the average man. And you have a 9 inch dick as well.

Person3: “I’m simply a butch, bulldyke trapped in a man’s body. Deal with it. I’m off to the ladies restroom now to take a leak with my lady dick!

by Anonymousreply 19May 11, 2021 8:48 AM

r18, what do those women have to do with the women in r12's post? I wasn't aware that half the planet's population operate out of one hive mind.

by Anonymousreply 20May 11, 2021 8:51 AM

Female athletes being told to shut up with any complaints is just as concerning as this guy taking their place.

Misogyny in disguise.

by Anonymousreply 21May 11, 2021 9:00 AM

With all the doping that athletes are doing, I’m sure that there are biological women on that weightlifting team who have a bigger dick than Hubbard.

by Anonymousreply 22May 11, 2021 9:01 AM

Milo alert @ r10

by Anonymousreply 23May 11, 2021 9:02 AM

There are no gay male spaces. They are now all LGBTQS2+alphabet soup bullshit. Why. Because women forced it. So fuck off with your "it's not faaairr" bullshit. You know what else isn't fair? It's not fair that gay men, the world's most hated and oppressed minority can't have our own safe spaces because feminists, who are extremely powerful in comparison to gay men, won't allow it. So, I'm no trenny lover, but I respect and support these crazies in their successful efforts to knock the feminists down a peg.

by Anonymousreply 24May 11, 2021 9:03 AM

She's really triggered you snowflakes.

by Anonymousreply 25May 11, 2021 9:06 AM

[quote]She's really triggered you snowflakes.

This dude ain't no she, bitch.

by Anonymousreply 26May 11, 2021 9:09 AM

Are we sure that isn't Miss Trunchbull?

by Anonymousreply 27May 11, 2021 9:10 AM

[quote] Trans people should be able to do anything any other adult can do. But not play competitive sports. It's ONE sacrifice. For reasons that have nothing to do with ideology. Just biology. That's it.

r11 No sacrifice, ever. It's them demanding and stealing something that's not even theirs (special privilege). XY only belongs to XY category, XX to XX (equality). The same goes for most of their lunatic, anti-science, anti-facts demands. It's not like raping women's sports is the only exception.

by Anonymousreply 28May 11, 2021 9:12 AM

r24, what have all the women competing in various sports have to do with feminists, or the kind of feminists you describe? Do you know? What have fans of competitive sports in general have to do with those kind of feminists?

Everyone's lost it.

by Anonymousreply 29May 11, 2021 9:15 AM

My niece’s roller derby teams which catered to all kinds of oddball, indie girls, was fizzled to an end once teenage transwomen joined and 6 girls were hospitalised, 3 with concussions. Once the bio girls stopped attending, no doubt r10 and r28 will be pleased to know that the transwomen quit as well and the league ended.

by Anonymousreply 30May 11, 2021 9:20 AM

“Trenny lover”? Is r24 from New Zealand as well? Is r24 Laurel herself?

by Anonymousreply 31May 11, 2021 9:25 AM

How's Breitbart today R30? Pumping out those Sean Hannity and Tucker Carlson speaking points wherever you can we all note.

Shouldn't you be screeching and shitting your puss filled cunt out about the possibility of a trans person using a toilet somewhere? BUT THE TOILETS!!!!

by Anonymousreply 32May 11, 2021 9:28 AM

Save your ire for all dozens of threads sideeyeing your Stunning and Brave friend Laurel when she Pwns the Feminazis and wins gold in Tokyo, r32.

by Anonymousreply 33May 11, 2021 9:36 AM

Does Sarah Huckabee Sanders compete?

by Anonymousreply 34May 11, 2021 9:49 AM

R30, they had trans women join a roller derby team for girls? As in 45 year old trans women joining a roller derby team that consists of 14 year old girls?

Where the hell does your niece live to have that many transgender individuals taking over everyone’s life and restrooms?

I don’t know why this topic can’t be discussed without some Panic-Mary inventing roller derby BS stories. Should people with any type of hormonal advantage be allowed to compete for medals? Probably not.

by Anonymousreply 35May 11, 2021 10:04 AM

What about transgender males? Should they be allowed to participate in men’s competitions?

You never hear anything about trans males and any issues they could cause. Why is that?

by Anonymousreply 36May 11, 2021 10:08 AM

You know why R36.

by Anonymousreply 37May 11, 2021 10:12 AM

From an article about a trans man in sport.

[quote]He started cycling in 1932. In 1933, he won the women's European Championship in Aalst, Belgium. In 1934 he won the Belgian Championship in Leuven, and the World Championships in Schaarbeek, in front of an estimated 100,000 viewers. He was by then the biggest Belgian star in women's cycling.[2]

[quote]By 1937, after being operated in Paris, he had officially become Willy de Bruijn, and his story is told in 4 articles titled "How I became a Man" in the newspaper De Dag in April 1937.[3][2] He continued cycling, but without much success.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38May 11, 2021 10:22 AM

Balian Buschbaum (born Yvonne Buschbaum) is a German pole vaulter who transitioned in 2008 after retiring.

They won gold in the European Junior Championships in 1999 with a height of 4.25m. The male gold medal winner achieved a height of 5.25m.

They won silver in the European Indoor Championships in 2002 with a height of 4.65m. The male gold medal winner achieved a height of 5.75m.

They won bronze in European Championships in 2002 with a height of 4.50m. The male gold medal winner achieved a height of 5.85m.

All the testosterone in the world isn't going to give a female athlete the chance to compete fairly with men in the pole vault.

by Anonymousreply 39May 11, 2021 10:32 AM

Soon all the best female athletes will be men, and there's nothing any bigot can do about it.

by Anonymousreply 40May 11, 2021 10:50 AM

So stunning and brave!

by Anonymousreply 41May 11, 2021 10:55 AM

Shhhhhhhh BE QUIET stinkfish!

by Anonymousreply 42May 11, 2021 10:58 AM

Imagine LeBron James coming out as trans. He would dominate at any sport he chooses, at age of 36

by Anonymousreply 43May 11, 2021 11:07 AM

R30, your roller derby story is the new Oranjello and Lemonjello, it’s simply not true. It pops up everywhere in the comments on every right wing site, and you and your fellow trolls have told this story countless times on DL.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44May 11, 2021 11:34 AM

OMG R7, that photo is priceless! She/he should use it on Grindr.

by Anonymousreply 45May 11, 2021 9:12 PM

In elite sports competitions, male and female athletes should be separated not on the basis of gender identity/ legal gender, nor by how people are identified at birth (because that can be flawed too). , Rather, the separation should rest upon biological characteristics (the advantages) which inherently give men physical advantages over women at sports.

The 2016 Women’s 800 meters race demonstrates this advantage. All three medalists are known to have XY chromosomes or what’s colloquially referred to as intersex. Simply capping testosterone at certain levels does not solve the problem. These athletes have all the advantages that XY confers such as muscle mass and larger lung capacity, and lowering testosterone levels won’t erase that.

Sports competitions need to implement a policy that defines gender in terms of biological traits and characteristics. Many have called for am athletic gender to fit the defined criteria. The goal is for equitable treatment instead of fairness; fairness doesn’t speak to equal playing field as much as it does to denote outcomes.

by Anonymousreply 46May 11, 2021 10:17 PM

The West has gone insane.

by Anonymousreply 47May 15, 2021 4:02 AM

[quote] Women were excluded from sporting competitions because they weren't men. So they created their own sporting competitions and campaigned for equal prize money and sponsorship.

I am a liberal progressive Democrat and I support the rights and freedom of the trans community - I hate that I even feel the need to preface my opinion with that - but the trans community needs to create their own sporting competitions as well. They already distinguish themselves as “trans,” so why not compete as such amongst each other?

by Anonymousreply 48May 15, 2021 4:17 AM

Why do they make the distinction of being "trans"? If you ARE a woman then so be it. Why straddle the fence in some nebulous twixt a d tween?

The whole conversation is maddening.

by Anonymousreply 49May 15, 2021 5:23 AM

I think he is fabulous!

by Anonymousreply 50May 15, 2021 5:26 AM

It is ma’am!!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 51May 15, 2021 5:27 AM

Honey. That's a man

by Anonymousreply 52May 15, 2021 6:10 AM

It's weird how those guys at South Park so frequently get things right.

by Anonymousreply 53May 15, 2021 6:51 AM

Plenty of women support the trans agenda so they SHOULD keep their mouths shut. They asked for it.

by Anonymousreply 54May 15, 2021 6:52 AM

How come you never see a transgendered MTF competing for a spot in gymnastics, synchronized swimming or floor exercises where she could leap and twirl and do her forward roll into a handstand while waving a ribbon on a stick?

Its always weight lifting,track and field,cycling or wrestling guaranteeing a spot on the podium in order to stand head and shoulders above her lesser abled sisters.

by Anonymousreply 55May 15, 2021 7:42 AM

[quote] OMG R7, that photo is priceless! She/he should use it on Grindr.

r45 Lesbian dating apps (nowadays often rebranded as Sapphic, Queer or LGBTQ+) are filled with that kind of "she/her/lesbian" creatures.

by Anonymousreply 56May 15, 2021 8:32 AM

(S)he's a monstah!

by Anonymousreply 57May 15, 2021 8:36 AM

The look on the faces of the two actual women in R12's link says everything that needs to be said. He's a cheating fuck.

by Anonymousreply 58May 15, 2021 9:32 AM

I doubt they can make female athletes to shut up in sports where they have real power like tennis

by Anonymousreply 59May 15, 2021 9:45 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60May 15, 2021 10:59 AM

And the should be quiet! Shhhhhhh hunty!

by Anonymousreply 61May 15, 2021 11:01 AM

The Guardian got some criticism for only having white sports journalists, so it hired Jonathan Liew, responsible an article about trans inclusion in which he dismissed Martina Navratilova and concluded

[quote]But let’s follow this argument all the way through. Let’s say the floodgates do open. Let’s say transgender athletes pour into women’s sport, and let’s say, despite the flimsy and poorly-understood relationship between testosterone and elite performance, they dominate everything they touch. They sweep up Grand Slam tennis titles and cycling world championships. They monopolise the Olympics. They fill our football and cricket and netball teams. Why would that be bad? Really? Imagine the power of a trans child or teenager seeing a trans athlete on the top step of the Olympic podium. In a way, it would be inspiring.

The erasure of females from elite sport would be inspiring.

by Anonymousreply 62May 15, 2021 11:05 AM

from r60, "I am strong. I’m not as strong as I was before transition but I am much stronger than a lot of the women I play with. I was also much stronger than a lot of the boys I played rugby against, so it makes sense." - In what world does that make sense? It's like humouring a child.

by Anonymousreply 63May 15, 2021 11:08 AM

R62 Wow, that argument is pathetic beyond belief.

The guy must be a very strong misogynist

by Anonymousreply 64May 15, 2021 11:17 AM

Does anyone know how/why Martina went from supporting Renee Richards’s right to play women’s pro tennis in the 70s to her current position against trans women in pro sports?

by Anonymousreply 65May 15, 2021 11:24 AM

Women have fought for equality for many years.

Now they have it, they're complaining. Typical bloody women.

by Anonymousreply 66May 15, 2021 11:30 AM

R65 With wooden raquets you needed to have a lot of talent and the strenght was way less important.

Martina is totally right on this issue

by Anonymousreply 67May 15, 2021 11:31 AM

Who gives a fuck? Sport is not an achievement. It’s entertainment for the brain dead masses and trannies are the new shiny attraction.

by Anonymousreply 68May 15, 2021 11:39 AM

R68 The fact that you are an idiot doesn't everybody is as stupid as you are

by Anonymousreply 69May 15, 2021 11:41 AM

[quote]The guy must be a very strong misogynist

He must post on this site.

by Anonymousreply 70May 15, 2021 11:42 AM

I hope that the trans will get to compete in the Olympics just this once. I'm fetching popcorn and enjoy hell breaking loose. It is going to get interesting when they're forced to leave the bubble they reside in. It's unfair, unjust and plain wrong. Everyone who points out any glaringly obvious biological diffence is being called a transphobe and a bigot. I'm so fed up.

by Anonymousreply 71May 15, 2021 11:53 AM

[quote]I hope that the trans will get to compete in the Olympics just this once. I'm fetching popcorn and enjoy hell breaking loose. It is going to get interesting when they're forced to leave the bubble they reside in. It's unfair, unjust and plain wrong. Everyone who points out any glaringly obvious biological diffence is being called a transphobe and a bigot. I'm so fed up.

There was a lot of news coverage a few weeks ago about Olympic organisers trying to stop potential protests by athletes, with Black Lives Matter protests the main focus.

[quote]The IOC also said that slogans such as "Black Lives Matter' will not be allowed on athlete apparel at Olympic venues, though it approved using the words "peace,' "respect,' "solidarity,' "inclusion' and "equality' on T-shirts.

What about "Female"?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72May 15, 2021 11:58 AM

[quote] Hubbard was involved in a car accident in 2018 where 2 people were seriously injured yet Hubbard managed to obtain a court order stopping the details of the case being reported until they were sentenced in 2019.

Hubbard’s dad is an incredibly wealthy supermarket magnate. He has enough money to buy his son a lot of things.

by Anonymousreply 73May 15, 2021 12:07 PM

[quote]Women have fought for equality for many years. Now they have it, they're complaining. Typical bloody women.

This is equality?

by Anonymousreply 74May 15, 2021 12:24 PM

[quote]Does Sarah Huckabee Sanders compete?

Indeed, in two sports. Mud wrestling and hog calling.

by Anonymousreply 75May 15, 2021 12:34 PM

[quote]The fact that you are an idiot doesn't everybody is as stupid as you are

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 76May 15, 2021 12:39 PM

Reuters Sunday, 20 June 2021 22:20 GMT

WELLINGTON, June 21 (Reuters) - Transgender athlete Laurel Hubbard has been selected as part of the New Zealand women's team for the Tokyo Olympic Games, the country's Olympics committee said on Monday.

Hubbard, who competed in men's competitions before transitioning in 2013, will become the first transgender athlete to compete at the Olympics after weightlifting's governing body modified qualifying requirements for Tokyo

------------------

And no crowd in the stands to boo him when he collects his stolen gold medal.

by Anonymousreply 77June 20, 2021 11:28 PM

Didn’t Russia get disqualified for putting in men posing as women for the Olympics?

by Anonymousreply 78June 20, 2021 11:53 PM

She must be brave, cause stunning she ain’t….

by Anonymousreply 79June 20, 2021 11:57 PM

R65 She has spoken out in this in the past. She said because Renee was much older at the time, she wasn’t as competitive and so they were not aware of the true risk that Trans in sports would pose.

by Anonymousreply 80June 21, 2021 12:55 AM

As much as I think what this guy is doing is sick, stealing opportunities from actual woman, I really hope he gets to compete and I really hope he takes the gold. I think it could be the peak trans moment that the world needs to wake up and see what utter bullshit it is.

by Anonymousreply 81June 21, 2021 12:57 AM

"We're all about women's equality....."

Lol, no. If you think women suck too badly at sports to be able to compete with men, you're not into equality

by Anonymousreply 82June 21, 2021 12:58 AM

R81 is peak right-wing bullshit. Imagine promoting right-wing ideas on a gay board. You must hate yourself

by Anonymousreply 83June 21, 2021 12:59 AM

[quote] Women have fought for equality for many years. Now they have it, they're complaining. Typical bloody women.

Equality is not treating people the same. Equality is treating people equally. Conservatives used the line "gays already have equality, they can marry someone of the opposite sex just like the rest of us, they're asking for extra rights" for years. It was bullshit.

The existence of the Paralympics does not mean disabled athletes are being treated unequally. The Paralympics exists because otherwise, being disabled would automatically bar you from professional sport. I think we can all agree that would be unfair.

Same with women's sport. Men have significant sporting advantages due to differences in heart size, skeletal structure, bone density, muscle mass, centre of gravity, height, and various other factors. If we did not have separate divisions for female athletes, how many people would ever even have heard of Serena Williams? Should women not be able to make careers as athletes?

by Anonymousreply 84June 21, 2021 1:07 AM

[quote][R81] is peak right-wing bullshit. Imagine promoting right-wing ideas on a gay board. You must hate yourself

It's not right wing bullshit, it's shining a spotlight on reality.

Male athletes have been able to compete in Olympic weightlifting events for over a century. For female athletes it's 20 years. And now they have to compete against male athletes.

by Anonymousreply 85June 21, 2021 7:57 AM

IDGAF what anybody on DL says. I am all for consenting adults doing whatever they want, as long as it isn’t hurting anybody else. This, however, is hurting cisgender women. This person was born male. Science shows that even after several years of hormone treatments, bio males still have a competitive edge over women. That is a big problem. It isn’t right to allow them to compete. They are taking opportunities from other people by having a biological advantage.

by Anonymousreply 86June 21, 2021 8:07 AM

Having passed all of the very exacting standards and criteria set by the international sporting body, we wish her well.

by Anonymousreply 87June 21, 2021 8:10 AM

R87 YEAH, PEAK TRANS THE WORLD, YA FAT ENTITLES SON OF A CHRISTIAN FUNDAMENTALIST CUNT.

by Anonymousreply 88June 21, 2021 8:11 AM

R83 You lost? We don't go for tranny bullshit here.

by Anonymousreply 89June 21, 2021 8:20 AM

I like trans athletes, they remind everyone in these misandrist times that women are indeed the second sex and will never become the first.

by Anonymousreply 90June 21, 2021 9:01 AM

R90 Only two sexes?

by Anonymousreply 91June 21, 2021 9:21 AM

R83, I'm not R81, but there's nothing "right-wing" about actual biology. Transwomen competing in weightlifting couldn't be a more stark reason for why people dislike the trans movement.

Her biological male strength is what gives her an advantage in that particular sport. Upper body strength is a male advantage.

by Anonymousreply 92June 21, 2021 4:18 PM

One of the few intelligent and reasonable voices of the trans movement, Debbie Hayton, gives her scientifically-based and socially responsible views about why “trans women are biologically men”. She’s an erudite speaker and makes her case for trans movement, human rights, and biological basis of sex.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93June 21, 2021 4:27 PM

X and Y chromosomes are not a choice nor an opinion

by Anonymousreply 94June 21, 2021 4:31 PM

This is Kuinini ‘Nini’ Manumua, the woman who was ultimately displaced by inclusion of Laurel Hubbard.

She’s 21, and it would have been her first Olympics.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95June 21, 2021 5:03 PM

I was just reading about Kuinini, R95. So incredibly unfair. The irony is that the TRAs are always whining about "white cis women/gays", yet they're happy that Kuinini has just lost her place at the Olympics to a mediocre white man.

by Anonymousreply 96June 21, 2021 5:11 PM

I like anyone who is good at heavy lifting so that I don't have to do it.

Moving day, anyone?

by Anonymousreply 97June 21, 2021 5:27 PM

Martina beat Renee in a few singles matches, but said that she barely beat Richards. This was when she was at her physical peak and richards was in her mid 40s. Richards has also said had she transitioned at 22 instead of 42 and entered the WTA she would’ve been unbeatable. She didn’t say that as a bragging statement but from a perspective that trans women have biological advantages. She’s opposed to transwomen competing.

by Anonymousreply 98June 21, 2021 5:27 PM

This is why people need to push back against the trans agenda, give them an inch and take a foot.

Sports should be sex segregated. A real woman was denied the ability to compete by a man pretending to be a woman, we cannot let that happen in girls sports where scholarships are on the line.

This is truly not helping the lgb movement.

by Anonymousreply 99June 21, 2021 5:37 PM

An actual response to this from another web site:

It's funny to see gays subscribing to biological essentialism that harms trans women despite the ideology also framing homosexuality as inherently unnatural since a male's testicles' natural function is to produce SPERM for EGGS produced by a female and not to be shot down the hole of some some popper-sniffing twink in a k-hole at pride while "Rain On Me" plays, but I guess cis-ness tricks some gay men into perpetuating reactionary ideologies that frame their existence as a unnatural mistake too.

by Anonymousreply 100June 21, 2021 9:13 PM

Female athletes stand up. A trans weightlifter is passing.

by Anonymousreply 101June 21, 2021 9:22 PM

R100, there's no comparison. If the only purpose of sex was procreation, you'd have a point. But it isn't - contraception is completely legal.

by Anonymousreply 102June 21, 2021 9:29 PM

The entire international female weight-lifting contingent should withdraw. I'm completely serious. Solidarity is the only way to demonstrate that this intrusion is unacceptable.

Let the transvestite win by default.

by Anonymousreply 103June 21, 2021 9:30 PM

When my state passed legislation banning males from competing in women’s sports the outcry came from the so called lgbtq community. It was instantly called out as an attack on gay rights on the first day of pride month.

So you see the trans only use the gays when they need to stir outrage and hide behind the gay rights movement they so desperately want to control. This is why they need to be dropped quick, the straights don’t know any better because all they hear is that trans =gay. When a young girl looses her spot on the team to a male the people think gay, homosexual male first because this is what they are being conditioned to hear.

by Anonymousreply 104June 21, 2021 9:39 PM

Weightlifting and Track & Field are the worst events for TRAs to defend trans. Both of those sports are very straightforward nothing to mask or hide the inherent biological advantage trans women would have over women.

by Anonymousreply 105June 21, 2021 9:50 PM

There are no "functions" to our body parts. The idea of function presupposes an intellect -- a God's intellect when it comes to the discussion at hand, which is not a hypothesis that science works with.

Our bodies were not made by intellects but by an accumulation of mutations that passed the test of natural selection.

Tranny defenders can't make an intelligent analogy between being gay and being trans because being gay not merely a matter of identification. Anti-gays can't deny we are gay men like anti-trans people can deny that trans women are women. Plus, being gay is not a violation but a fulfillment of our biological inclinations, whereas being trans is something they can only be by means of artificial bodily modifications. Gay men, unlike trans activists, have no need to rebel against biological essentialism.

Finally, trannies should try to reach out to tranny-skeptic gay men without being homophobic.

by Anonymousreply 106June 21, 2021 9:54 PM

I love what that transwoman had to say @ R93.

Basically, that it's healthier (mentally and physically) for a transperson to be honest about the fact that they aren't biological women (or men) because they could then build their new "trans" life in concordance with reality. The dog and pony show can cease. And all the energy and effort it takes to keep up an obvious lie or half truth.

It's more impressive to lean into the differences that exist for transpeople - those unique, vibrant set of life circumstances that make a "trans" trans - than try and force a "sameness" that doesn't exist because it can't exist.

by Anonymousreply 107June 21, 2021 10:27 PM

Still waiting for any world class female athlete to decide they are a man and compete in male sports. Wonder why that is...this isn’t fair, and I think a sportsman who feels they want to transition should decide which is more important, transitioning or playing sport. It shows a real lack of empathy to just muscle - pun intended - into women’s sports with an obvious unfair advantage.

by Anonymousreply 108June 21, 2021 10:46 PM

Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern has backed the selection of trailblazing athlete Laurel Hubbard in New Zealand's Olympic team, saying she goes to Tokyo with the country's full support.

Of course.

by Anonymousreply 109June 22, 2021 4:35 PM

Jacinda Ardern has had New Zealand celebs at her home for dinner, Taiki Waititi and the Flight of the Conchords guys come to mind, Waititi has even described her as a friend, I'm mildly curious about their thinking on her decision here

by Anonymousreply 110June 22, 2021 5:39 PM

not so curious now, he retweeted this in March

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111June 22, 2021 5:56 PM

The Guardian (GASP!) have allowed an article to be published WRITTEN BY A FEMALE WOMAN arguing for sex segregated categories in sport.

Owen Jones will no doubt be getting a petition together signed by other Guardian employees to get her sacked.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112June 22, 2021 6:29 PM

Why are comments disabled on most of The Guardian's articles? They'd struggle a whole lot less if they'd open the comments and allow some conversation.

by Anonymousreply 113June 22, 2021 6:34 PM

[quote]It's funny to see gays subscribing to biological essentialism that harms trans women despite the ideology also framing homosexuality as inherently unnatural since a male's testicles' natural function is to produce SPERM for EGGS produced by a female and [bold]not to be shot down the hole of some some popper-sniffing twink in a k-hole at pride while "Rain On Me" plays[/bold], but I guess cis-ness tricks some gay men into perpetuating reactionary ideologies that frame their existence as a unnatural mistake too.

It's funny to see what these people *really* think about us, when we won't do what they say or think the way they think.

Going to remember that comment for a very long time.

by Anonymousreply 114June 22, 2021 6:37 PM

TERFs have their own own tax-exempt church: Pussy Church of Modern Witchcraft

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115June 22, 2021 6:52 PM

R56, I saw a montage of "lesbian" profiles someone put together from an online lesbian dating site on Twatter. It was as bad you can imagine.

by Anonymousreply 116June 22, 2021 6:52 PM

The devil is making them do it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117June 22, 2021 6:55 PM

There's a British trans woman called Joss Prior who has a lot of pent up anger - today "she" was recommending people poison their TERF colleagues.

The more normal people push back against the batshit ideology the more the TRAs feel they need to club together and fight. Nutters like Prior is going to be downfall of "the movement".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118June 22, 2021 6:59 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 119June 22, 2021 7:00 PM

R84, Even Serena Williams has admitted the male tennis players would beat her handily.

So has basketball player Brittany Griner who is freaking 6'9.

FC Dallas Under 15 beat the U.S. Women's National Team for soccer 5-2.

Women can't biologically compete against men physically in sports. I am supposed to believe the "science" but why is this science ignored?

by Anonymousreply 120June 22, 2021 7:00 PM

The stats are so obvious - look at Olympic winning times for women and see how they'd compete against the men.

In the Rio 100m Elaine Thompson won the 100m in 10.71 seconds. That winning time would have seen her advance from the preliminaries to the heats.

Of the 69 men who ran in the heats, 66 finished faster than Elaine Thompson's winning time. The 3 men who didn't run faster than her came from the preliminaries.

by Anonymousreply 121June 22, 2021 7:54 PM

R54 That's one of the dumbest posts I've ever read on here and that is saying something. By that logic, most men are homophobic so gay guys should just shut up about homophobia, they asked for it.

by Anonymousreply 122June 22, 2021 8:14 PM

[quote]Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern has backed the selection of trailblazing athlete Laurel Hubbard in New Zealand's Olympic team, saying she goes to Tokyo with the country's full support.

Judging by the response, most of the country is NOT supportive of this.

by Anonymousreply 123June 23, 2021 2:44 AM

Fuck it. We lost. I'm gonna root for Laurel to get that gold!

by Anonymousreply 124June 23, 2021 8:05 AM

Does Laurel still have any of her male ‘parts’?

by Anonymousreply 125June 23, 2021 1:37 PM

We'll all know as soon as it squats, R125.

(Of course the anser is yes.)

by Anonymousreply 126June 23, 2021 3:01 PM

Not going all the way seems like grounds for disqualification…

by Anonymousreply 127June 23, 2021 3:05 PM

Can't wait to see all the old East German swimmers back on the Olympic team. I'm sure some of them can still beat some of the current women's times. And, let's see how the Iranian "women's" soccer team does with its 99% male members.

by Anonymousreply 128June 23, 2021 3:08 PM

I just read a Twitter discussion in which a sane person pointed out that Hubbard never had any sporting success until he transitioned, and a TRA responded by asking, "Why do you want to punish a woman for improving athletically with age?". Fucking seriously.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129June 23, 2021 4:29 PM

[quote] I get called a right winger here because I've stated over and over and over that trans women playing bio women just isn't fair. Not anti-trans. Trans people should be able to do anything any other adult can do. But not play competitive sports. It's ONE sacrifice. For reasons that have nothing to do with ideology. Just biology. That's it.

R11 I know your comment was a while back but I had to respond.

I am very supportive of trans people but I sort of agree with you. I think it is extremely problematic to have trans women competing against cis women. It does not come from discrimination, but the physical reality of competition.

I don't think NOT competing is the answer but I think there has to be, as in wrestling, a size/weight class distinction for competition. If we continue to move toward more trans and nonbinary athletes that kind of distinction will have to be set up.

by Anonymousreply 130June 23, 2021 4:33 PM

The US has Martina Navratilova leading the fightback and the UK has Sharron Davies, an Olympic swimmer who was cheated out of medals in the 80s by the Eastern European doping programmes.

Sharron has been on the receiving end of the most appalling misogynistic abuse including being labelled a white supremacist, which is news to her seeing as she has black kids with her black ex husband. When Kelly Holmes, Paula Radcliffe and Nicola Adams supported Martina and Sharron a couple of years ago they were all subject to appalling abuse and their sponsorship deals targeted by TRAs and haven't been as outspoken.

But more and more people are speaking out - double Olympic decathlete champion Daley Thompson has been getting more vocal, Olympic javelin champion Tessa Sanderson has spoken out against Hubbard and male athletes like Chris Tomlinson and Andy Turner have been vocal recently.

The tide is turning and retired athletes are finding safety in numbers.

by Anonymousreply 131June 23, 2021 4:47 PM

The Hubbard case is also showing some of the bizarre contradictions of the TRA arguments.

The same people who argue that puberty blockers for kids are totally harmless and reversible are arguing that Hubbard is is putting her body at risk by taking medication to reduce her testosterone and could end up with brittle bone disease as a result.

by Anonymousreply 132June 23, 2021 5:05 PM

Twitter is just insane, I checked Youtube for news on Laurel Hubbard and unfortunately the only popular video on him is from Ben Shapiro, I don't think it's impossible that other voices could be being censored to make this look like a 'Conservative' v everyone else issue, which is obviously isn't.

by Anonymousreply 133June 23, 2021 6:50 PM

This contribution in the Hubbard debate was outstanding.

Naturally the aggressor has a beard and mental health problems.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 134June 23, 2021 7:12 PM

I never heard of Alison Sydor but that post is magnificent.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 135June 23, 2021 7:25 PM

[quote] Why are comments disabled on most of The Guardian's articles? They'd struggle a whole lot less if they'd open the comments and allow some conversation.

England has harsh libel laws and no First Amendment. You can be jailed for saying something negative about a trans person.

by Anonymousreply 136June 23, 2021 8:02 PM

[quote]England has harsh libel laws and no First Amendment.

No one in Britain has ever been sued for libel for a comment in an opinion piece.

by Anonymousreply 137June 23, 2021 8:09 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 138June 23, 2021 8:13 PM

NPR here in LA had a segment on trans athletes (there's a new Hulu doc) and I wanted to pull my hair out listening to it. I don't understand how otherwise sane, intelligent liberals are in favor of trans women playing bio women sports. It makes no sense.

by Anonymousreply 139June 23, 2021 9:04 PM

R139 Literal Murder.

by Anonymousreply 140June 23, 2021 9:08 PM

[quote]NPR here in LA had a segment on trans athletes (there's a new Hulu doc) and I wanted to pull my hair out listening to it. I don't understand how otherwise sane, intelligent liberals are in favor of trans women playing bio women sports. It makes no sense.

I wonder how much of it is a reaction to Marjorie Taylor Green and her ilk saying things like " HE IS NOT A WOMAN THIS IS A MAN HE SHOULD NOT COMPETING AGAINST WOMEN!!!!"

These "progressives" know what the impact of their doctrine is but they won't concede anything that makes it look like they agree with the swivel eyed loons.

by Anonymousreply 141June 23, 2021 9:10 PM

[quote] These "progressives" know what the impact of their doctrine is but they won't concede anything that makes it look like they agree with the swivel eyed loons.

Then perhaps we need to ask who actually are "the swivel eyed loons".

by Anonymousreply 142June 23, 2021 9:15 PM

R142 The Troons, the media that supports them unquestionably, and the dumb Liberal men and women who support them, unquestionably.

by Anonymousreply 143June 23, 2021 9:34 PM

Where is Tonya Harding when you need her?

Tonya, pass on that baton!

by Anonymousreply 144June 24, 2021 6:06 PM

The most recent excuse I've heard from TRAs as to why Hubbard performs so much better against women than men is that he naturally improved once he transitioned, because he was now comfortable in his own skin and no longer experienced dysphoria. LOL. Nothing to do with the fact that he's male and his new competitors are female, then.

by Anonymousreply 145June 26, 2021 2:45 PM

One of the they/thems from Pink News tried to paint respected sports scientist Ross Tucker as a white supremacist on account of him being a white South African.

But they don't have a problem with a white male from a white European coloniser nation taking the place of an female native Pacific islander.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 146June 26, 2021 2:54 PM

I've got it! The pronoun should be (in this case) "fim," as opposed to "him": "female-identifying male."

It not only rhymes; it is accurate.

by Anonymousreply 147June 27, 2021 2:04 AM

Oh, wait. It should rhyme with "her," shouldn't the pronoun?

Forget the rhyme then!

by Anonymousreply 148June 27, 2021 2:06 AM

[quote] How come you never see a transgendered MTF competing for a spot in gymnastics, synchronized swimming or floor exercises where she could leap and twirl and do her forward roll into a handstand while waving a ribbon on a stick?

Because eventually people would catch on that there is a penis underneath that spandex leotard.

by Anonymousreply 149June 27, 2021 4:58 AM

[quote]How come you never see a transgendered MTF competing for a spot in gymnastics, synchronized swimming or floor exercises where she could leap and twirl and do her forward roll into a handstand while waving a ribbon on a stick?

It is strange that the only women's sports they want to enter after they "transition" are ones where their male physical characteristics give them advantages. A real head scratcher, that one.

by Anonymousreply 150June 27, 2021 6:49 AM

I have heard that gymnastics is the only sports wherein women (real ones) have a natural advantage over men.

I have no idea about synchronized swimming.

by Anonymousreply 151June 27, 2021 7:18 AM

R141, I think liberals punting on trans/bio woman sports (or leaning into it) predates that psycho Marj Green. I wish we could blame her. It'd be so easy. But alas. I fear it's not her fault. This time.

R151, that's debatable. It would depend on the apparatus. No way a woman could do as well on rings, say.

by Anonymousreply 152June 27, 2021 7:21 AM

As my grandma used to say:

If you put lipstick on a pig, it's still a pig.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 153June 27, 2021 7:46 AM

Women have more endurance.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 154June 27, 2021 7:47 AM

Also, women are probably better long haul astronauts.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 155June 27, 2021 7:48 AM

The female non-binary trans queer footballer Quim will be competing in the Olympics as part of the Canadian women's team.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156June 27, 2021 8:05 AM

More on Quim

[quote]The 25-year-old remains eligible to compete in women's sport despite identifying as transgender because gender identity differs from a person's sex - their physical biology. Most people, unless they're non-binary, have a gender identity of male or female. Quinn was assigned female at birth but after many years of questioning themselves, realised their own gender identity did not match their sex.

So there we have it

Trans women are women

Trans men are men, unless they're in women's sport and want to carry on competing professionally

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 157June 27, 2021 8:09 AM

Roller Derby Trans Queen at r60!

by Anonymousreply 158June 27, 2021 10:24 AM

Every time you think these people can't get any more insane, they do.

Of course sex is "literally in the body". Where else would it be? It's in EVERY cell of our bodies.

Let's hope, for xir own sake, xe never goes into livestock farming.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 159June 27, 2021 12:59 PM

L is for lesbian, G is for gay, B is for bisexual and T is for delusional.

One of these is not like the others.

by Anonymousreply 160June 27, 2021 1:11 PM

R151, only in the tumbling side of gymnastics (floor and vault). There are good reasons the women don't do the pommel, rings and parallel bars, which require huge shoulder and arm strength.

by Anonymousreply 161June 27, 2021 1:15 PM

This thread reminded me of DL fav Veronica Ivy. Apparently, she was denied tenure and moved back to Canada.

by Anonymousreply 162June 27, 2021 4:07 PM

Right NOW the Olympic Channel is showing Women's and Men's Gymnastics 2021 US Olympics Trials!

by Anonymousreply 163June 27, 2021 4:23 PM

Women's Gymnastics Finals tonight on NBC. Simone Biles!

by Anonymousreply 164June 27, 2021 4:27 PM

[quote] This thread reminded me of DL fav Veronica Ivy. Apparently, she was denied tenure and moved back to Canada.

Oh no! Has Veronica abandoned the husband who is facing child sex abuse charges? And, more importantly, the home improvement business?

by Anonymousreply 165June 28, 2021 3:18 AM

Quiet Please, There's a Tranny Onstage

by Anonymousreply 166June 28, 2021 3:23 AM

"Team TERFs" may win it all. Cheer for them, DL!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 167June 28, 2021 2:35 PM

Is there really a legal way to stop this? Being a professional athlete is essentially being an entertainer, you aren't entitled to compete in professional sports. I have a feeling it will die down eventually because women will drop out and it will become trannies competing against each other which is just men's sports

by Anonymousreply 168June 28, 2021 7:41 PM

Bad news for actual women. I suppose the girls will have to be quiet about this too.

NBC News Supreme Court won't hear dispute over bathrooms for transgender students Pete Williams Mon, June 28, 2021, 9:59 AM·3 min read

The Supreme Court on Monday declined to take up the issue of whether the nation's schools must allow students to use the bathroom that match their gender identities.

The court declined, without comment, to hear the case of Gavin Grimm, who has been at the center of a long legal battle with the school board in Gloucester County, Virginia. Grimm was born female but identified as male after his freshman year in high school, legally changing his name and beginning hormone therapy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 169June 28, 2021 9:14 PM

Burn the T flag everywhere you see it.

by Anonymousreply 170June 28, 2021 9:16 PM

Evidence of the tide turning:

Jezehell posted an article yesterday with a characteristically self-righteous title: "In a Victory for Anyone With a Modicum of Compassion, Trans Kids in Louisiana Can Still Play on Their Sports Teams". It's only received three comments. By contrast, an article about Chrissy Teigen posted shortly afterwards has already received thirty-six comments.

It seems that even libfems are getting uncomfortable with transgender athletes, and are actively avoiding the subject because they know their true thoughts will get them branded evil TERFs. (Either that, or Jezehell has been up to their old tricks of deleting comments that don't toe the party line.)

by Anonymousreply 171July 22, 2021 11:44 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!