Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Transgender prisoner attacked guards after her razors were taken away

A transgender inmate at a maximum security prison attacked a guard after her razors were removed, meaning she could no longer shave, a court has heard.

Marcia Walker, 47, a child rapist formally known as Mark Walker, is legally recognised as female by the prison authorities but has been in a long-running dispute over access to gender realignment surgery.

Durham Crown Court was told that Walker reacted angrily when prison officers from Frankland jail objected to her having razor blades. She claimed being unable to shave herself worsened her gender dysphoria and, when prison officers entered her cell, spat at one and told him: "I have Covid."

During the same incident, Walker also made a specific threat to kill the prison's custody manager, Michael Roachford, as well as threatening another inmate.

The court heard that Walker was already angry that copies of National Geographic magazine – sent into jail by a charity – had been confiscated from her cell because they contained pictures of naked children.

During interview, Walker had insisted she had no sexual interest in the images in the magazine and added: "They cannot take my razors from me."

In a statement read to the court, Mr Roachford described Walker as "a white, transgender inmate legally recognised as a female". He said: "In my role as custody manager I should not expect threats to kill me. Marcia has a history of making threats."

Fiona Lamb, mitigating, said: "The defendant has had quite an unpleasant experience being in custody. I'm sure no one enjoys it, but because of the defendant's personal circumstances it has been very difficult for her."

Walker, who appeared by video link admitted assault on a prison officer, threatening to kill Mr Roachford and fellow inmate Liam Edwards as well as breaching a sexual harm prevention order.

Sentencing Walker, Judge Ray Singh said he had "real concerns" over releasing her into the community, but also acknowledged there were issues over her continued detention within the prison system.

However, he said he was taking "a chance" on her and imposed consecutive three-month sentences for all offences, totalling 15 months, suspended for two years, with 30 rehabilitation activity days with the Probation Service.

Walker will also be subject to post-sentence supervision.

The court was told Kent Police, her original offender managers from the first offence in 2003, will now take her to an agreed accommodation facility in Guildford, Surrey. She will leave Durham Prison, where she has been on remand, within the next 24 hours.

Judge Singh added that any breaches would land her back before him and he would activate the full 15 months. Walker told him she would not breach, adding: "You have my word on that".

Walker was first jailed for 13 years as a man in 2003 for two rapes against girls under the age of 16, one aged just four, as well as 10 counts of making indecent photographs of children, seven of taking indecent photographs of children and two of distributing indecent photographs of children.

In 2012, Walker was jailed for an extra six months for claiming a bomb had been sent to the then Home Secretary Theresa May's house. In 2017, she received a further prison term for making hoax bomb threats against Long Lartin prison where she was being held at the time.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26May 5, 2021 11:22 PM

Excuse me, it's MA'AM!

It is MA'AM!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1May 5, 2021 4:49 AM

Those crazy Brits again!

by Anonymousreply 2May 5, 2021 4:52 AM

I thought that part of the prison population's job to society was to internally deal with child rapist and murderers?

by Anonymousreply 3May 5, 2021 4:53 AM

THIS is a woman?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4May 5, 2021 4:56 AM

^ She has eyes like Hugh Grant in an orange moon-face.

by Anonymousreply 5May 5, 2021 5:04 AM

Yeah. You're a child rapist.

You don't have rights anymore.

Bye bye razors, asshole! (but not bitch)

by Anonymousreply 6May 5, 2021 6:21 AM

Transgender(?) I'm confused by the photos...was s/he born with a penis or a vagina?

by Anonymousreply 7May 5, 2021 6:27 AM

Beauty comes at such a cost!

by Anonymousreply 8May 5, 2021 6:34 AM

A transgender "woman" who molested little girls?

Sum Ting Wong!

by Anonymousreply 9May 5, 2021 7:33 AM

So basically, this man is saying he is trans so that he can shave?

I don't get it.

by Anonymousreply 10May 5, 2021 6:18 PM

Right Wing Troll post

Nothing to see here

by Anonymousreply 11May 5, 2021 6:40 PM

Absolutely.

You're BLOCKED, R11.

Fucking cunt.

by Anonymousreply 12May 5, 2021 6:44 PM

A kiddie diddler claims to be a woman in order to go to a women's prison - quelle surprise - I wonder if it has anything to do with the stories of what prisoners do to kiddie dlddlers being true.

Prison is not Club Med. You should get basic care food, clothing, shelter, medical. You absolutely should not be getting any surgeries or treatments if it is not immediately life threatening - and no, threatening to kill yourself does not count.

by Anonymousreply 13May 5, 2021 6:48 PM

Walker was first jailed for 13 years in 2003 for two rapes against girls under the age of 16, one aged just four, as well as 10 counts of making indecent photographs of children, seven of taking indecent photographs of children and two of distributing indecent photographs of children.

In 2012, Walker was jailed for an extra six months for claiming a bomb had been sent to the then Home Secretary Theresa May's house. In 2017, he received a further prison term for making hoax bomb threats against Long Lartin prison where he was being held at the time.

This is all you need to know. Dangerous to girls and children. Disturbed.

by Anonymousreply 14May 5, 2021 9:22 PM

[quote] Disturbed.

Another one

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15May 5, 2021 9:28 PM

Must be brave, ‘cause stunning she ain’t.....

by Anonymousreply 16May 5, 2021 9:29 PM

Is this person post-op, or chemically castrated or still intact? It reminds me of John Money and his using chemical castration as a means to control deviant sexual behavior.

by Anonymousreply 17May 5, 2021 9:30 PM

John Money is the one who coined “gender identity” and believed gender was a social construct. We’re living in his world today.

by Anonymousreply 18May 5, 2021 9:34 PM

"Marcia" was in a men's prison when the razor blade incident happened. Thankfully.

"Marcia" is clearly such a danger to the public "she" should be held on an indefinite detention order. There's no way "she" is not going to seek out child abuse images or try to assault a child given the chance.

by Anonymousreply 19May 5, 2021 9:39 PM

Does claiming you’re “transgender” grant you privileges and protections in prison?

by Anonymousreply 20May 5, 2021 9:42 PM

[quote]Does claiming you’re “transgender” grant you privileges and protections in prison?

Not just in prison.

by Anonymousreply 21May 5, 2021 10:00 PM

I ask because he’s a child rapist so claiming to be a “woman” may protect him.

by Anonymousreply 22May 5, 2021 10:01 PM

This is the judge who's enabling this transvestite's delusions.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23May 5, 2021 10:12 PM

Can you vote him out?

by Anonymousreply 24May 5, 2021 10:16 PM

Enough with the sicko tranny and fake tranny threads. We know they're all attention crazy nuts. Stop feeding the trolls.

by Anonymousreply 25May 5, 2021 10:29 PM

Marcia is just a child rapist but Regina is a killer

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26May 5, 2021 11:22 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!