Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Who else is sick of “Teenagers are really struggling during COVID” stories?

Also “Mothers of young kids have it tough these days” articles.

Got it. We know. Thank you for sharing and good bye.

by Anonymousreply 87May 29, 2021 10:59 AM

WE ARE SICK OF ALL PARENTS, OP.

by Anonymousreply 1May 4, 2021 10:43 PM

Covid = breeder disease

by Anonymousreply 2May 4, 2021 10:45 PM

Nobody has ever suffered like Gen Z has, dont ya know?

by Anonymousreply 3May 4, 2021 10:45 PM

Unless they're trans, they are NOT suffering.

by Anonymousreply 4May 4, 2021 10:45 PM

As my mother the child of the Depression and WWII said after 9/11, "They run a couple of planes into a couple of buildings and the whole country falls apart. We're WIMPS."

by Anonymousreply 5May 4, 2021 10:47 PM

But I can’t overschedule my child to make him the most interesting thing in my life? HOW DARE YOU?

by Anonymousreply 6May 4, 2021 10:51 PM

And do we have to listen to OP bewailing about this sad sob stories? Give us a break.

by Anonymousreply 7May 4, 2021 10:52 PM

Is R7 a teenager or a frau?

by Anonymousreply 8May 4, 2021 10:54 PM

I am! Gen Z sounds like a bunch of entitled wimps. They aren’t even isolated. They can zoom with their fucking friends and have facetime sex!!! When I was a teen we didn’t have a computer cam yet. Most people I knew still didn't have internet access.

by Anonymousreply 9May 4, 2021 10:57 PM

I don't feel badly for most. Just give them a do-over. Everyone's a little more mature, etc.

But this year would have SUCKED to be a high-school senior.

by Anonymousreply 10May 4, 2021 11:01 PM

After Gen Z are the generations gonna be given numbers? Or double letters? Or do we even bother anymore because they just keep getting worse and worse?

by Anonymousreply 11May 4, 2021 11:54 PM

Who keeps perpetuating the bullshit that Gen Z and teens have it so hard? I’m sick of it too

by Anonymousreply 12May 4, 2021 11:58 PM

I don't think the media grasps that not everyone is deeply fascinated by teenagers lives. You see a similar pattern in tv shows, where the directors ruin entire episodes by suddenly pivoting focus towards the main characters bratty teenage children.

by Anonymousreply 13May 5, 2021 12:03 AM

Zoomer's stupid idiot parents R12

by Anonymousreply 14May 5, 2021 12:07 AM

Their parents doomed them a long time ago when they named them stupid names like Brayden and Cayden. What are other retarded names we can add to the list?

by Anonymousreply 15May 5, 2021 12:16 AM

"Who else is sick of “Teenagers are really struggling during COVID” stories?"

I'd imagine any adult with arrested development who thinks they're still the baby that needs coddling.

by Anonymousreply 16May 5, 2021 12:22 AM

You realize it’s not the kids but the entitled parents, right? “Little Junior will simply DIE if he can’t go to prom, spring break, or on a 2 year global vacation, own a new car, impregnate half the town, or rent a beach party house every single summer with daddy’s credit card.” That, and business interests constantly planting little media seeds that the country can’t survive without buying all the unnecessary things all the time.

by Anonymousreply 17May 5, 2021 12:31 AM

Is it bad that I'm not mad that 20% of new cases are teenagers? Thin the herd.

by Anonymousreply 18May 5, 2021 12:39 AM

I am. And I am sick of hearing endlessly about SCHOOLS and how can the fraus in my office be expected to ever return to the office if SCHOOL is remote????

We’ve been listening to parents bitch nonstop since this started. And point fingers and those of us who are childfree for having it so easy blah blah blah MUST BE NICE etc. Like having children wasn’t an active choice they made.

Over it.

Also teenagers exist mostly online at this point - don’t they? So what’s the big deal? If this had happened when I was a teen in the 90s, we would have been stuck inside with one huge desktop for the whole family and AOL on a shitty dial up modem.

by Anonymousreply 19May 5, 2021 12:43 AM

We need more "Eldergays are really struggling during COVID" stories about lonely sex-deprived gay men.

by Anonymousreply 20May 5, 2021 1:14 AM

^god forbid breeders raise their own kids and not rely on the public school system to do it for them.

by Anonymousreply 21May 5, 2021 1:39 AM

[quote]After Gen Z are the generations gonna be given numbers? Or double letters?

Emojis, one imagines

Generation 🤮

by Anonymousreply 22May 5, 2021 2:59 AM

I feel bad for them, especially the last graduating class, and probably this one as well. Yeah, it's not the world's greatest dilemma of all time, but it still sucks.

by Anonymousreply 23May 5, 2021 3:04 AM

Only one example but I spoke to a HS senior last year and told her I was sorry she had to miss prom and graduation and all of that other stuff.

She said that her and her twin sister weren't too worried about it. And these are two popular girls.

She said they were more concerned about how their freshman year of college was going to work.

by Anonymousreply 24May 5, 2021 3:16 AM

They can eat a dick.

by Anonymousreply 25May 5, 2021 8:01 AM

What exactly is so stressful fo rthem?

by Anonymousreply 26May 5, 2021 10:20 AM

YOU NEED TO HEAR ABOUT MY SELF-INDUCED ANXIETY!

Do you dinosaurs know how hard it is being Woke?

Do you know how hard it is seeing Trans oppression eveywhere? Racism everwhere? Conspiracies everywhere? People who need CANCELLING everywhere? It’s hell on earth!!! It’s a HOLOCAUST!!!

by Anonymousreply 27May 5, 2021 10:26 AM

Expect around 2040, when the current generation start reaching middle age and experience burnout, a whole lot of books based on: “It’s Time To Stop Agonising And Start Living!”

Start scribbling now to cash in!

“Where Did My Life Go? Waking Up From Woke.”

by Anonymousreply 28May 5, 2021 10:29 AM

Whiny brats

by Anonymousreply 29May 5, 2021 11:00 AM

I guess it's better than NYT stories about Trump supporters are handling COVID and how they still love Dear Leader

by Anonymousreply 30May 5, 2021 11:05 AM

Little bastards!

by Anonymousreply 31May 5, 2021 11:13 AM

I try to imagine what it would have been like in junior high/high school to be suddenly confined with classes through video for most of a year. I don't know how I would have managed. Some students will definitely be impacted, especially if they lost family members on top of it without being able to attend a funeral and all the troubles. This is their formative years. If there are nefarious lifetime consequences to the pandemic for the youth, the reaction of the adults shouldn't be scoffing at it. We need to fix it. We don't know what this felt like because we haven't lived it as a kid.

I've read an article stating that about 10% of high school students "lost contact" with their schools (all problems included, internet problems, family issues, bad school online infrastructure). It's a disaster for their education.

by Anonymousreply 32May 5, 2021 11:34 AM

Yes, my cousin’s boy. A “senior” but school has been a complete waste of time. He checks in on Zoom and then goes back to bed. Home alone as both parents are working. He is an average student in the best of times but now he’s completely disengaged. The stress of what to do after he graduates is making him ill, poor kid.

by Anonymousreply 33May 5, 2021 1:02 PM

This girl is "struggling."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34May 5, 2021 1:16 PM

^ Did she have a gun?

by Anonymousreply 35May 5, 2021 1:19 PM

As a front-line healthcare worker, nothing makes me roll my eyes harder than stories about teens whining because they didn't get to go to a prom!

I don't read those stories, for fear that I will literally damage my eye muscles from excess eye-rolling.

by Anonymousreply 36May 5, 2021 6:15 PM

r5, I like the cut of your mother’s jib!

by Anonymousreply 37May 5, 2021 7:13 PM

So, they'll miss a few proms and graduations. Big deal! Those are overrated anyway. Anyone who believes those are the most exciting events in a person's life probably peaked around age 18.

by Anonymousreply 38May 5, 2021 7:45 PM

If Covid hadn’t happened in the 70s or 80s parents would have told their kids to just buck up and deal with it. And the kids would have been fine.

by Anonymousreply 39May 5, 2021 7:49 PM

I'm sick of hearing about old and fat people dying from covid while everyone else puts their lives on hold for them, wish they'd just lock away the fatties and coffin dodgers and let everyone else live their lives.

by Anonymousreply 40May 5, 2021 7:50 PM

Theoretically I agree. But my 13 year old niece went through a full fledged mental breakdown this past year. Totally normal kids - they have 4 and she is a twin. Not pushy parents, a happy relationship and all the other kids are fine. But something happened where she started being terrified of death and of her parents leaving the house. She cried, screamed and hyperventilated. It was scary. They took her to a shrink eventually. Had to eventually use meds because the kid was not functioning - could not go out, scared of everything, melted down at school when pushed to go and then had to homeschool.

In my day, i would have been yelled at and told to just do it. They tried that too for a while but clearly the kid was sinking further into terror bordering institutionalization. I honestly don’t know what it is - assume too much information access via internet is part of it. But I do feel that there was no other solution short of institutionalization. Really scary.

by Anonymousreply 41May 5, 2021 7:56 PM

Everyone needs to go through some hardships. If anything, they're going to look around at how fucking selfish and antisocial so many older people (Republicans) are.

by Anonymousreply 42May 5, 2021 8:03 PM

[quote]If Covid hadn’t happened in the 70s or 80s parents would have told their kids to just buck up and deal with it. And the kids would have been fine.

The must be more or less what happened then, because I have no memory of this!

by Anonymousreply 43May 6, 2021 12:15 AM

I am sick of the Chinese spreading disgusting diseases and ruining our economies because it's the only way those commiefascists can take over the world.

Go report back to your leaders at the CCP.

by Anonymousreply 44May 6, 2021 12:23 AM

I know r36, but you’re an adult with an adult’s perspective. Teenagers still growing, maturing, hormonal. They’ve been told what to do, where to go and what time to be there all their lives. Now they’re adrift in this amorphous world watching sketchy online classes in their pajamas, their parents are bickering, and their grandparents are dying.

by Anonymousreply 45May 6, 2021 3:16 AM

Teenagers need their BABYSITTERS-----I mean TEACHERS----back.....

by Anonymousreply 46May 6, 2021 3:18 AM

Teen Social Media Whores are more likely to BOOZE.......new study. link posted.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47May 6, 2021 3:20 AM

I advocate a good belting! I was reading the other day about two Brit parliamentarians born in the 1840s: they both went to work as children: one at 8 in the mines, and the other at 10 in the shipbuilding industry. Did they whinge?

by Anonymousreply 48May 6, 2021 3:53 AM

OP is jealous of parents who care about teenagers because she is getting old and isn't a teen anymore.

by Anonymousreply 49May 6, 2021 3:56 AM

Absolutely no one is jealous of parents of teenagers R49

by Anonymousreply 50May 6, 2021 3:58 AM

Those of us who experienced the true HELL of high school will never be able to understand teenagers struggling during covid.

I’ve worked with people on parole who possess stunted emotional maturity and they are far more stable than our teen-aged demented savages.

by Anonymousreply 51May 6, 2021 4:10 AM

Teen girls are upset that there is no prom because it is a prelude to their wedding, where they get to feel like a princess. Teen boys are upset that there is no prom, because that's the time when they get laid. But, in the long run, it might be good for the SJW set. After all, the ugly girls and gay boys won't be put through the trauma of a blow to their self-esteem. They can feel good about themselves.

by Anonymousreply 52May 6, 2021 11:44 AM

What do we expect from a general public that has overreacted to COVID?

COVID death numbers have been juiced (deaths from and with covid are two different things), and people have enjoyed the hysteria of COVID because ultimately, most people live boring lives and crave novelty.

We have governments that have enacted public policy based on a hysterical public. Are we surprised that we continue to hear hysterical responses from an uncritical population?

by Anonymousreply 53May 6, 2021 12:14 PM

R53 It's not shocking. We sacrificed the young and the working for the old and the rich, as most on here are old and fat and live dull lives, they are loving covid.

by Anonymousreply 54May 6, 2021 12:27 PM

Of course these days kids are struggling...they’re raised by useless parents who’ve indulged them to the point they try to kill themselves the second they can’t do what they want.

by Anonymousreply 55May 6, 2021 12:30 PM

For the idiot the idiot at R53 and anyone as useless as them: In the US alone, the number of deaths, as in actual deaths, was hundreds of thousands of people higher in 2020 than in 2019. If it wasn’t COVID that caused actual deaths to skyrocket, SOMETHING did.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56May 6, 2021 12:37 PM

Some really damaged people posting here recently. I'm sorry you've been treated poorly by life and made poor decisions.

by Anonymousreply 57May 6, 2021 12:39 PM

[quote]I'm sick of hearing about old and fat people dying from covid while everyone else puts their lives on hold for them, wish they'd just lock away the fatties and coffin dodgers and let everyone else live their lives.

[quote]most on here are old and fat and live dull lives, they are loving covid.

Well, r54, these "old and fat" Dataloungers are apparently the only people you have to talk to about hard-hitting topics such as "Hiddleston has wrinkles" and "there might be an interracial couple in a Marvel movie."

Why are you even on a forum of olds and fats if their mere existence angers you so much you wish they were all dead?

by Anonymousreply 58May 6, 2021 12:47 PM

[quote] It's a disaster for their education.

R32, tell it to Abe Lincoln.

by Anonymousreply 59May 6, 2021 1:19 PM

r53 & and r54 are insane pigs.

by Anonymousreply 60May 6, 2021 1:28 PM

R60 Says the old, fatty.

by Anonymousreply 61May 6, 2021 1:29 PM

MY KIDS ARE SUFFERING - translation "I CANNOT STAND THESE FUCKING KIDS"

by Anonymousreply 62May 6, 2021 1:32 PM

R56 excess deaths aren't covid deaths, rather deaths due to covid policy - people not getting early treatment for other conditions as an example. Plus due to less severe previous flu seasons - there is a higher base of vulnerable people compared to previous years.

by Anonymousreply 63May 6, 2021 1:57 PM

[quote] I am! Gen Z sounds like a bunch of entitled wimps. They aren’t even isolated. They can zoom with their fucking friends and have facetime sex!!! When I was a teen we didn’t have a computer cam yet. Most people I knew still didn't have internet access.

I was thinking about this a couple of months back. My cousin was bitching on Facebook about how her teenage son has to play shortened season of high school baseball and how he doesn't see his friends too often. Months before that, she was constantly posting about doing group zooms and Facebook room gatherings with her son, his friends, and the friends' parents. Her son has also posted about facetime and zoom with friends.

I was a teenager in the late 90s and early 00s. It wasn't until around 2001 or 2002, that more friends had Internet access. in their homes. I started using instant messaging maybe in 1999 or 2000, but very few of my friends used that back then.

by Anonymousreply 64May 6, 2021 11:59 PM

Maybe we can check in with the European and Asian teens who lived through WWII, to see how traumatized they were by six years of slaughter. I'm sure Anne Frank would've welcomed a Zoom class once in a while.

by Anonymousreply 65May 7, 2021 1:06 AM

It's the parents who are the most upset, because all the helicopter have made all sorts of promises to their kids that they can't deliver on.

Stupid promises like "I'll always make things okay", "I'll protect you", "You don't have a thing to worry about as long as I'm around", etc. They've never told the kids "Shit happens and sometimes you just have to deal", and the kids are feeling betrayed and they've had 24/7/365 to make their feelings about their parents clear.

by Anonymousreply 66May 7, 2021 2:13 AM

A lot of posters here must have had rotten childhoods. You can tell by the resentment.

Girls, get yo'self some compassion. Teens have been killing themselves through this epidemic. It sounds like very few of you received emotional support for your teen years.

by Anonymousreply 67May 7, 2021 3:49 PM

When I was a teen, I made my own damned emotional support!

by Anonymousreply 68May 7, 2021 3:50 PM

I am sick of everyone's covid struggle, everyone has had the same or similar experience, no ones struggle is special.

by Anonymousreply 69May 7, 2021 5:26 PM

R69 sod off! Mine was the worst!

by Anonymousreply 70May 7, 2021 6:10 PM

[quote]Also teenagers exist mostly online at this point - don’t they? So what’s the big deal? If this had happened when I was a teen in the 90s, we would have been stuck inside with one huge desktop for the whole family and AOL on a shitty dial up modem.

I kind of see this way too. with teenagers being mostly online. The other day, my mom was saying how she felt sorry that my 17 year old nephew hasn't seen in his friends for close to a year. The big problem with my mom is that she ignores that pre-pandemic my nephew didn't see his friends outside of school all that much and was basically communicating with them through online gaming, Facetime, and text messaging. My mom also ignores the fact that my sister never encouraged my nephew to hang out more at friends' homes, invite friends over, get involved in extracurriculars, clubs outside of school, etc. Basically, when my nephew was already a home body, the only thing the pandemic took was the time he had with friends at school. He's also had his own iPhone, iPad, gaming consoles, computers for years. My mom is the type of person who whines about relatives sometimes checking their phones, play games on their, or texting at family events. But when my nephew does the same things, she stays quiet about it. There was a incident a few years ago, when my cousin's son graduated from college and hosted a party at their home. My sister and my nephew showed up and he asked my cousin for the wifi password and then plugged headphones into his iPad and spent most of the party playing games and not really talking to anyone. My mom, of course stayed quiet. But, if another relative or a relative's kid did the same thing she would have been bitching about it.

There are some teenagers who don't always exist online and do things that aren't phone or Internet based. A close friend's daughter is a bit younger than my nephew. She has been in ice skating and ice dancing clubs, dance classes and performance groups, and art clubs for years. Some of her school friends are in those clubs and she has friends from other schools who are in those clubs. My friend had said that not seeing friends or not hanging out in person has taken a toll on her daughter. But, her daughter eventually realized that activities will resume later on and then she won't have to be dependent on Facetime and chat to connect with friends. I can sympathize a bit more with my friend's daughter because the daughter didn't have all of her communication methods with friends tied mostly to online or smartphone methods.

by Anonymousreply 71May 9, 2021 6:59 PM

Kids were the vectors of COVID

by Anonymousreply 72May 9, 2021 7:02 PM

Zero fucks to give for parents crying they suddenly need to rear their children.

by Anonymousreply 73May 9, 2021 8:52 PM

If high school had shut down for a year when I was a freshman, sophomore or junior (senior year was tolerable), I'd have kissed the ground.

thank you, Jesus! The secret works!!

Hated every last second of it; if my high school college prep school ever calls me for a penny, I'll tell them what I think of my experience.

by Anonymousreply 74May 9, 2021 8:55 PM

Most of the overly coddled little twats running around these days are struggling with anything that interferes with there fun time. Most of them should have been smothered at birth.

by Anonymousreply 75May 9, 2021 8:57 PM

R73 Around here, the breeders have been lobbying hard to push the school district to return to in-person classes five days per week. To the extent that I've seen "Tell the Superintendent -- 5 Days A Week!" yard signs cropping up. Partner and I call them the "We Hate Our Kids!" signs.

by Anonymousreply 76May 9, 2021 8:59 PM

Kids are failing with online classes at a very high rate.

by Anonymousreply 77May 9, 2021 9:02 PM

They're failing because their lazy parents aren't making sure they're doing the work.

by Anonymousreply 78May 9, 2021 9:40 PM

I'd like to know if it's middle-class kids failing at a high rate, or poor kids, or both.

by Anonymousreply 79May 9, 2021 9:43 PM

Both, R79.

Truth is, most people don’t even know how to handle their kids. They, too, were dropped off at Kindergarten and school when they were kids.

R76 Good one

by Anonymousreply 80May 9, 2021 10:06 PM

[quote] MY KIDS ARE SUFFERING - translation "I CANNOT STAND THESE FUCKING KIDS"

Yeah, this is pretty much it.

by Anonymousreply 81May 29, 2021 4:21 AM

ME ME ME I'M I THE BIGGEST VICTIM HERE

by Anonymousreply 82May 29, 2021 4:51 AM

[Bold] WHAT ABOUT THE CHILDREN?!?!?!

by Anonymousreply 83May 29, 2021 4:56 AM

The pandemic in general has just gotten on my last nerve!

by Anonymousreply 84May 29, 2021 6:30 AM

This bullshit is all because our entire society's focus is on the most loudly and obnoxiously extraverted among us all the time. The introverted teens thrived like crazy this last year. They were already living mostly on their phones. Their social lives were all distanced already. They were glad to be away from the above-mentioned obnoxious extraverts and bullies that they had to deal with every single day.

America would be much better off if we stopped shaping the entirety of our society around the most obnoxious subsets of our population, extraverts and teenagers.

by Anonymousreply 85May 29, 2021 7:20 AM

Not that I doubt that observations such as OP suggests are in circulation, I have heard some, but something that doesn't bother me as a 60 year old gay man are teenagers. For me it's easy to be sympathetically inclined toward teenagers. They are at an awkward point in time, not quite children not quite adults, taking the early steps of finding their place in the world, a process likely to be ongoing for years, maybe more if adults are any example. Parents often speak in annoying adages and truisms, and more so when their own relationship with their children is in flux and they are anxious, too anxious sometimes, to show their good intentions.

In short, there are a lot of Covid-instigated things I will be glad to see the backside of, but parents trying to remind themselves out loud to make some allowances for their teenage kids isn't a near the top of my list.

by Anonymousreply 86May 29, 2021 10:57 AM

WE'LL NEVER STOP HATING EVERYONE EXCEPT STRAIGHT MEN!!

by Anonymousreply 87May 29, 2021 10:59 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!