Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Attention all people, Having the vaccine does not mean you are posing and having zero threats from the virus!

You can still spread Covid, it is just that you might not be seriously ill from COVID. Moreover, no one knows if the Indian double variants can be stopped by the vaccine, the vaccine is a stop-gap measure, not a complete cure. Y'all need to keep that mask on, while also avoiding social stuff and eating indoors.

by Anonymousreply 6505/05/2021

I'm fully vaccinated and I am not wearing a fucking mask outdoors, particularly when biking.

by Anonymousreply 105/04/2021

I CAN’T BREATHE!!

by Anonymousreply 205/04/2021

why R1? The vaccines are not tested against the variants, you have a death wish or something?

by Anonymousreply 305/04/2021

No shit OP. Why do you think this deserves its own thread when we have enough covid threads to post to?

by Anonymousreply 405/04/2021

R4 Because DLers are "celebrating" about wearing no mask and being social just because they are vaccinated.

by Anonymousreply 505/04/2021

From a risk perspective, in your own mind you have to put a % chance to all of the unknowns out there to go about your daily life. From everything I've read, the chance of me, a fully vaccinated healthy male, catching the virus is way under 1%. That takes into account my caution when indoors, socially distancing, masking when there are others in close proximity, etc. So, If it's that improbable for ME to be infected, there is an even slighter close to impossible chance that I can infect anyone else. OP 's argument is very illogical.

by Anonymousreply 605/04/2021

R6 You can still spread it to any random vulnerable person you run into. You need stop being a selfish, horrible person R6.

by Anonymousreply 705/04/2021

Went for a beautiful walk around Princeton University today because my kids are trying to walk the fat off of me. I did have my mask off because I was drinking a giant iced coffee (black) from Wawa. I would have passed out without a drink. I was kind of embarrassed when people walked or biked past us, and tried to turn my face. Kids were wearing masks. Was I wrong in this situation?

by Anonymousreply 805/04/2021

No, you were outside and socially distanced. And the iced coffee sounds great.

by Anonymousreply 905/04/2021

Keep moving that goalpost, OP. Next it’ll be about flu or rhinovirus. “Even if you have had this year’s flu vaccine, you can still be a carrier and infect vulnerable people who can’t be vaccinated.” “You’re most as risk of spreading rhinovirus two days before symptoms appear”

Where does it end?

by Anonymousreply 1005/04/2021

How does we achieve herd immunity with 70% vaccination if those 70% can still get infected and infect others?

by Anonymousreply 1105/04/2021

R8 Yes, you were wrong R8, you should have drunken it like those muslim women with burqa

by Anonymousreply 1205/04/2021

R10 every 100 years, there has been a great pandemic, y'all need to keep that mask on until this truly blows over. Because of high travel rate and improper drug usage, mutation rate is high with the virus, what works today does not work tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 1305/04/2021

At this point if someone else isn't vaccinated and they catch Covid from me, not my problem.

I've spent over a year protecting others. Not my issue anymore now that I'm fully vaccinated.

by Anonymousreply 1405/04/2021

R14 the virus mutates insanely fast. The transmission factor is off the chart (4 out of 2). That is YOUR problem. By refusing the protective measures, you are letting yourself be exposed to the Indian DOUBLE variants, which no one knows if the vaccine would work for it. Remember, the vaccine was not an end-of cure, it is a stop-gap measure to make sure you are not sick enough to be in a hospital, thereby not overloading the ICU. That is all it does.

by Anonymousreply 1505/04/2021

That's all well and good but I'm not concerned r15.

You can be if you want to.

by Anonymousreply 1605/04/2021

I did not go through all of this shit and survive just be stupid and careless now. Hell no. I am at the finishing line and determined to win.

by Anonymousreply 1705/04/2021

So you are not concerned about getting a mutated aggressive form of Covid R15? Remember, the India Covid crisis started first among the upper middle class. They assume they got it made and got careless with restrictions.

by Anonymousreply 1805/04/2021

All those UFO sitings recently? Yup.

by Anonymousreply 1905/04/2021

Sightings*

by Anonymousreply 2005/04/2021

OP is one of those people who can't let go of pandemic. It's such an interesting psychology.

We have wonderful vaccines that work great. Honey, the whole point of people getting vaccinated is to get on with our normal lives. In a vaccinnated world covid is just a another flu, it will be around, but not going to shut down society over it.

by Anonymousreply 2105/04/2021

This is for you, OP: "Sure, Jan."

by Anonymousreply 2205/04/2021

I’m continually wearing a mask. In not ashamed. In glad that people will wear them to care about protecting others and themselves. Fuck the haters. As far as the vaccine, well this virus is not like any other because it was man made. Any virus has a unique set of symptoms but this one has them all over the place. It’s not a one size fits all virus. The vaccine has been worked on for MRSA but a bit rushed (I know we needed it to be since people refuse to be inside and masked when outside) to feel truly safe to get right now. Why not mask up, stay away from people and let this play out? I’m not a Trumper, QAnon or Anti Vaccine wacko BUT I’m also well read enough to know this isn’t what it seems. China wanted to bring the world to its knees to prove a point and they did. They took a animal virus (Coronavirus) from their disgusting disease riddled wet markets , bio weaponized it in a lab and all hell broke loose when it was too powerful. The Chinese scientists who spoke out were shut down and never heard from. There’s way more to this than they will say. As for the Asians in our country, they don’t deserve this hate and abuse. They escaped China because it’s a shit hole. They’d rather live in the back room of a massage parlor giving old fat sweaty men happy endings for an extra 10 bucks than live under the grips of communism.

by Anonymousreply 2305/04/2021

R21 The Pandemic IS happening rn. Check out India. In other news, Indian double variants are already here in Idaho.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2405/04/2021

Yea India is a very sad story r24. If anything it should make people realize how crucial vaccines are. As I said, in a vaccinated world covid is just the flu. A tiny percentage of Indians were vaccinated.

by Anonymousreply 2505/04/2021

[quote] the virus mutates insanely fast

[quote] Remember, the vaccine was not an end-of cure, it is a stop-gap measure to make sure you are not sick enough to be in a hospital, thereby not overloading the ICU. That is all it does.

There are two massive lies at R15. So there’s really no point in listening to anything else this person has to say.

by Anonymousreply 2605/04/2021

vulnerable person

I really don't care do you?

I got my vax, I am hardly wearing the mask anymore, if you don't get vaxxed then you might die, not my problem. And Fauci said they're pretty sure the vaxxes will protect against all the variants and from severe disease.

by Anonymousreply 2705/04/2021

And the virus doesn't mutate faster than HIV by far. There has been no super HIV strain either like you all constantly talk about and there us no vaccine for it. We always hear that the new variant may be worse but we still NEVER hear that it is actually is or that there is any data stating so.

by Anonymousreply 2805/04/2021

[quote]How does we achieve herd immunity...?

Oh, dear!

by Anonymousreply 2905/04/2021

The Bidens and Tiny Carters say it's okay to ditch the mask if everyone in the group has been vaccinated.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3005/04/2021

We will never reach herd immunity, stop talking about it, move on.

by Anonymousreply 3105/04/2021

I'm not worried in the least about any of the variants. The vaccine will make you as immune as you can get.

Look, if the cases start going up, we start again with all the social distancing and mask wearing. Until that happens I'm not wearing a mask anywhere that it isn't required.

by Anonymousreply 3205/04/2021

I will wear my mask in the winter 10 years from now(in crowded places). I think it really will stop respiratory illness during the season.

by Anonymousreply 3305/04/2021

Notice all the words like may, might, preliminary, nothing is ever concrete.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3405/04/2021

I just do not understand why it bothers some people so much if others choose to continue to wear masks and social distance. Why does our decision to stay vigilant and cautious bother the people who are not wearing masks after they get vaccinated. How does that affect them at all?. Maybe I'm not understanding the discussion here because it is late and I am very tired , if so I apologize.

by Anonymousreply 3505/04/2021

R35, it doesn't bother me. I get it totally. Nothing wrong with staying vigilant but there needs to be a discussion about vigilance and PTSD because the entire world is dealing with this collective trauma we've all been through. If wearing a mask even after you've been vaccinated makes you feel more secure, I guess the question is to ask ourselves if it's because we are simply having a trauma response? If so, then maybe it needs to be addressed. And it's ok if that's what it is...we were all afraid for our lives (and anyone who says otherwise is in denial). But to continue wearing masks if there is no need is a personal choice. I bring up that it's a trauma response only because I hope there is an awareness that that is why you are doing it.

It is hard to put down something that made you feel safe, even if it's no longer needed. Hell, it's the very reason so many people stay in bad relationships. But maybe we can agree that if several of the experts are telling us it's ok to let go of the masks then it's probably safe to do so.

by Anonymousreply 3605/04/2021

It doesn't bother me at all if you want to wear a mask, no one here said not to wear one. I am vaccinated and I know chose to not wear one in most places. I'm not worried about transmitting the virus, it is up to everyone to get vaccinated or not. If you are not vaccinated and get it from me or someone else, that is your problem not mine.

by Anonymousreply 3705/04/2021

R21 Disappointment is going to bitchslap you hard in the face.

by Anonymousreply 3805/04/2021

R28 Honey a new variant pops up every few weeks: Brazil, South Africa, UK, India... To see how devastating it can be, just look at India Oxygen crisis.

R27 A bunch of Americans are also refusing the vaccine, many even skipped the 2nd dose.

R32, R27 Then why does Pfizer said we will need a third dose? Face it, variants and mutations are fast and real. The vaccine is only reduce the viral load, not a complete cure. The next Mandate rolls out only when enough people has died from it, it could be you and me.

R30 They repeat what corporate overloads want them to say, hon. Cruise Lines Corp. need fresh bodies for their floating petri dishes.

R36 The PTSD is classified as such when the traumatic event has passed. It has NOT passed. Covid deaths and cases are rising in TX.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3905/05/2021

** overlords, not overload ** reducing, not reduce

by Anonymousreply 4005/05/2021

I will not let anyone take away my right to be scared shitless, all the time, without break.

by Anonymousreply 4105/05/2021

R21 Covid is the new Trump for those who by nature have to always be excited and rant on about something.

by Anonymousreply 4205/05/2021

This is the way I feel. I am very aware now of just how overpopulated this world has become. Everywhere I go in public it is slammed with people, long lines, ect. We are bumping into each other . I do not want their germs. Not their possible Covid-19, strep, cold, and on and on. I just don't. I am sure people do not want my germs either. Yes the pandemic has been traumatizing, and it is still ongoing. It will probably never end because selfish sociopaths and psychopaths and mind numbingly stupid assholes refuse to get vaccinated because they fucking ENJOY having an excuse to be abusive and aggressive with others. They give not a fuck about "MERICA, MY FREE-DUM." They just enjoy being bullies. That said , all during this still ongoing pandemic, of course getting exposed to covid has been my biggest worry, but it hasn't been my only one. Learning about how talking , singing , yelling, coughing , sneezing sends a gross vaper of breathe my way has convinced me that masks are mandatory for me, pandemic or not. One last thing I know and wish I didn't is there will be another pandemic. The world is just too overpopulated to prevent it. I also happen to enjoy color coordinating my masks with my outfits, and masks make my eyes pop, lol. I just want to wear my mask in fucking peace. 😷😘

by Anonymousreply 4305/05/2021

[quote] R43:sneezing sends a gross vaper of breathe

Not enough “oh, dears” in the world!

by Anonymousreply 4405/05/2021

Oh, I don't care. 5:30AM and I haven't been able to sleep at all. Oh dear insomnia.

by Anonymousreply 4505/05/2021

I will wear my mask when and where indicated by public health authorities wherever it is I find myself.

That's it. No more, no less.

by Anonymousreply 4605/05/2021

Oh, Christ, lets just wear a fucking mask for the nest 40 fucking years!

by Anonymousreply 4705/05/2021

Don't any of you find the mask suffocating and restrictive? I wear it, of course, but I would love to breathe free again. My roommate feels the same. Takes it off outside only if alone or far from others. But man, does she miss "being a woman..." (yeah, she admits she's gone a bit bonkers due to the pandemic). In any case, come the 2nd jab we are switching to a kind of invisible mask that covers half the face. Inside malls and crowded spaces, the KN95 stays on for a bit. The LGBT-friendly lady dentist I befriended here says that even if the US, the UK and, in the EU, shocking Romania is ahead in terms of vaccination, we may not be fully safe without masks inside until 2023.

by Anonymousreply 4805/05/2021

R41 Look at Taiwan, Vietnam, or Japan. They are taking this current situation very seriously and that is why they have low Covid death. Look at Trump America's laisseiz-faire appoach at the beginning of the pandemic and what happened.

by Anonymousreply 4905/05/2021

R49, look at Israel. Almost all their population is vaccinated and they went from 10,000 cases per day to somewhere around 50 a day in the last week.

Vaccines work.

by Anonymousreply 5005/05/2021

Why is OP working so hard to convince people that getting vaccinated is a waste of time because nothing will ever change for them? It's almost like she's copy-and-pasting from the Stealth Anti-Vaxxer's Guidebook. And why does OP have such a problem with English when she goes off-script?

[quote]Then why does Pfizer said we will need a third dose? Face it, variants and mutations are fast and real. The vaccine is only reduce the viral load, not a complete cure. The next Mandate rolls out only when enough people has died from it, it could be you and me.

by Anonymousreply 5105/05/2021

R51 My beef is vaccinated people sticking their nose out and skipping the mask altogether. That vaccine is not effective for future variants, y'all need to stop planning the whore-cation to PV or eating out at restaurant like the queens of Sheba.

R50 Just wait and see, hon. It is coming.

by Anonymousreply 5205/05/2021

R13 lost me at “y’all”

by Anonymousreply 5305/05/2021

[Quote]y'all need to stop planning the whore-cation to PV or eating out at restaurant like the queens of Sheba.

I'm honestly sad for you r52. It clearly makes you upset seeing other people enjoying life. You want people to be pathetic shutins like you.

by Anonymousreply 5405/05/2021

[quote] Covid is the new Trump for those who by nature have to always be excited and rant on about something.

The far left is like Tinkerbelle: outrage = clapping.

by Anonymousreply 5505/05/2021

R54 Or maybe I just don't want it mix with some nasty STD and become an airborne syph. The more social mixing, the more it jumps to all kind of nasty people and mutate to super virus. Y'all need to stop declaring it is over, it is NOT, India is insane and Covid in TX is rising.

by Anonymousreply 5605/05/2021

Disagree - vaccine should provide some level of return to life. I will take the risk of a variant - to me that would b like wearing a mask in December 2019. Perhaps smart and ultra-safe but I’m getting too close to the end without Covid to avoid engaging in life as much as is allowed.

NYC is opening - there is some consensus that vaccine is providing safety. I think at this point some relaxation is allowed for those who are vaccinated. It’s not like going maskless in December before you were vaccinated. Some distinction needs to be made for vaccination - otherwise there is really no end.

by Anonymousreply 5705/05/2021

[quote]Or maybe I just don't want it mix with some nasty STD and become an airborne syph. The more social mixing, the more it jumps to all kind of nasty people and mutate to super virus.

And here we have it fully revealed: these are the rantings of a paranoid lunatic. Airborne fucking syphilis?

What people like R52/R54 really care about is the having pandemic continue as punishment, just to show those people who want to enjoy their lives! That's why they want the restrictions to go on as long as possible, while lamenting that nothing is ever draconian enough.

And that's why they lie so frequently about how effective the vaccines are. Because the last thing they want is a vaccine that ends their ability to screech and scold about how we should live the miserable existence they live, as if their hysteria should be seen as a virtue.

Don't pity them, R54. They don't deserve it.

by Anonymousreply 5805/05/2021

I agree with R-33 about wearing a mask indoors during winter/early spring, prime flu/virus seasons. About 6 months before Covid was known in the US, I had a virus that scarred my lungs. It was the worst pain, I took multiple showers a day to open my lungs and slept sitting up. I doubled my Xanax intake because I was soo stressed out. It lasted a week and forced me into early retirement. After Covid becomes commonplace, respiratory viruses will still be a problem and who knows what will come down the pike with new zoonotic diseases.

by Anonymousreply 5905/05/2021

r52, no "hun" it isn't.

by Anonymousreply 6005/05/2021

There's always been a segment of society that gets off on tellng other people what to, just as there's always been a segment of politicians and bureaucrats that enjoys exercising authoritarianism. Covid's been a field day for both groups.

by Anonymousreply 6105/05/2021

". . . gets off on telling other people what to do . . ."

by Anonymousreply 6205/05/2021

R59 r61 or maybe this is the pandemic of the century and it is not really over. It always comes back swinging after people thought it is over already. The vaccine have Zero clinical data on the variant of India. The virus is ravaging and mutating globally and y' all wanna drop it like it's hot? Y'all need to check yourselves.

by Anonymousreply 6305/05/2021

ok Tamika

by Anonymousreply 6405/05/2021

[quote]The vaccine have Zero clinical data on the variant of India.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6505/05/2021
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!