Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

There was a HUGE spike in discussion of trans athletes on Fox News

And yet they ignore Matt Gaetz

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8May 5, 2021 12:45 PM

A really stupid troll tried to push some of their anti-trans stuff today and I had time to call them out about it. If anyone is interested in the link between the anti-trans movement and the far right, I posted an absolute ton of links in this thread.

Anyway, no surprise Fox is pushing this nonsense, hating on trans is really popular with rightwingers and Trumpsters.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1May 4, 2021 7:39 PM

I wonder if there’s a correlation with this topic exploding on DL. All trans all the time… 🙄

by Anonymousreply 2May 4, 2021 7:53 PM

Fox knows what DL knows: Bringing up trans grievances all the time hurts democrats, gays, and lesbians.

by Anonymousreply 3May 4, 2021 8:05 PM

It's an election strategy. Outraged wingnuts = more GOP voters at the polls.

by Anonymousreply 4May 4, 2021 8:07 PM

In other news:

LOOK AT ME!! LOOK AT MEEEEE!!!

by Anonymousreply 5May 4, 2021 8:10 PM

I'm surprised that the conservatives at Fox aren't backing the more extreme trans campaign to remove sex based rights.

by Anonymousreply 6May 4, 2021 8:12 PM

I will tell you this, fellow gays: one day, we may be the target again. If we don't stand up, we'll be part of Fox News's next vicious news cycle. Some bullshit story based on some old debunked study & the homophobe who did the study has a new book out, provocative questions posed on some news segment "Why do gay men..........?" Then we are made out to be threats to children. They've done this to us before.

by Anonymousreply 7May 4, 2021 9:35 PM

That's exactly what the far right and fundies are hoping for, R7. They used the same anti-gay tactics on trans, and if they get enough of a foothold with it and some significant successes, they'll go back to attacking gays, too.

by Anonymousreply 8May 5, 2021 12:45 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!