Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

How Aggressive is Your Dog?

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26May 4, 2021 11:31 PM

OP, was Bambi a rescue dog?

by Anonymousreply 1May 4, 2021 4:40 PM

OP I remember your story in another thread. It made me laugh lol, and I've heard other stories about how mean poodles can be. Also chows and St Bernards have an aggressive streak.

by Anonymousreply 2May 4, 2021 4:47 PM

I have a Westie named Lucy. She’s a vicious bitch, but I love her, terriers are spunky but a little violent if they get over-excited. She has killed numerous baby bunnies in the spring, plus possums and mice. When it’s time to go for a walk, she nips (not hard) at the back of our calves as she “herds” us out the front door! Chows can be vicious, more than most. So are akitas.

by Anonymousreply 3May 4, 2021 4:53 PM

"Yes, I remember all the headlines about Collies killing babies!"

by Anonymousreply 4May 4, 2021 4:56 PM

I have a Cattle Dog mix puppy who is 5 months old, and tries to herd me around when he wants to go a certain direction on a walk. He's starting to also become possessive of me, when around other people. He growls, and barks at them. He then attempts to herd me away. The trainer I am using said it's going to be a hard instinct to break.

by Anonymousreply 5May 4, 2021 5:00 PM

How are they defining aggressive? I have miniature schnauzers that will bark at everything until a bigger dog so much as glances at them. But I'd feel far safer leaving them alone with a baby than a Pitbull.

by Anonymousreply 6May 4, 2021 5:05 PM

I have a "RESCUE" so even if it kills a baby or two, I still get to pat myself on the back about how good I am.

by Anonymousreply 7May 4, 2021 5:44 PM

R1 Bambi was an apricot colored, toy poodle that was bought from breeders. No way would my rich, status-obsessed uncle and his family adopt a rescue dog without pedigree. Bambi was not only aggressive but had zero manners. She’d slobber and hump her favorite stuffed animal, a white lamb her size which turned a waxy gray from saliva. She finally died at age 16 after she choked on a piece of lobster, her favorite snack given to her by my uncle.

R2 now that you’d mentioned it, our neighbor used to have a St. Bernard that terrorized neighborhood kids.

by Anonymousreply 8May 4, 2021 8:16 PM

It doesn’t really matter how aggressive smaller dogs are.

by Anonymousreply 9May 4, 2021 8:32 PM

I’ve been bitten twice in my life, both times by puffy collie mixes.

by Anonymousreply 10May 4, 2021 8:42 PM

My dog is super aggressive to anything that is not me. He is half border collie and half siberian husky. I also had a toy American Eskimo and he was super aggressive too.

by Anonymousreply 11May 4, 2021 8:49 PM

“Long-Haired Collies, like Lassie, found to be the most aggressive dog breed”

What’s that you say, Lassie? You bit off Timmy’s face and pushed him down a well?

by Anonymousreply 12May 4, 2021 9:42 PM

^^"it's not the animal it's the owners!" - Lassie

by Anonymousreply 13May 4, 2021 9:51 PM

I have a pug. He's about as aggressive as an old potato.

by Anonymousreply 14May 4, 2021 9:52 PM

I have never heard of mini schnauzers topping a list for aggressiveness. They're super smart, loyal and perhaps have a limit when they're fucked with, but they are sweet and affectionate and love people...nice people.

by Anonymousreply 15May 4, 2021 10:14 PM

Mine's fine. A bundle of sweetness.

by Anonymousreply 16May 4, 2021 10:29 PM

When I was a kid I kept asking my mother when we were going to get a Lassie dog. Since Lassie was so smart f diligent & kept saying Timmy I figured of course my parents would get me a Lassie to save my life all the time, too. I mean, there were robbers other bad guys out here, plus forest fires, floods, falling trees that could pin my leg, swimming holes that were too deep, wells to fall down, mines that collapsed, badger holes, trees to fall out of, abandoned railroad cars to get caught in between, cliffs to fall off, quicksand to get stuck in. Why wouldn’t they get a Lassie for me? I was afraid they didn’t love me.

I was right

by Anonymousreply 17May 4, 2021 10:30 PM

A neighbor had collies growing-up. Glad when they found another breed. Border Collies are even worse. Retrievers are adorable, but can be a handful because they need activity.

by Anonymousreply 18May 4, 2021 10:33 PM

My dog is an asshole but he wouldn’t hurt anyone.

by Anonymousreply 19May 4, 2021 10:33 PM

All herding dogs nip, and can be aggressive. Its no surprise Collies are on the list. They have been bred to move things around, and those behaviors are part of that.

by Anonymousreply 20May 4, 2021 10:38 PM

My dog is a pussy and runs in fear from twigs and leaves.

by Anonymousreply 21May 4, 2021 10:40 PM

My Yorkie is aggressive with me.

She barks at me when:

my phone rings

I move too fast

I walk to the door

I look out a window

I put on my sunglasses (She knows I’m leaving)

I don’t feed her on time

It isn’t time to feed her, but she’s being a fat bitch

I hug someone goodbye

I acknowledge another animal

Other than that she’s an absolute doll. 🙄

She faux bites and acts like she’s nipping at my ankles when I leave, but she hasn’t actually bit me since she was a sharp-toothed baby.

by Anonymousreply 22May 4, 2021 10:42 PM

I recall years ago my parents had a miniature poodle. For some reason I was that dogs favorite person. Of course I also grew up with German Shepherds.

And friends had Chihuahuas - those dogs for some reason loved the hell out of me. Maybe it's because I grok dogs.

by Anonymousreply 23May 4, 2021 10:58 PM

He'll come in and change the channel when I'm watching television, then stare me down over the remote.

by Anonymousreply 24May 4, 2021 10:59 PM

My Boston terrier is embarrassingly friendly. Anyone who gets their face within tongue distance is going to get snogged. She loves other dogs, too.

My other dog (bulldog) is more reserved, but he is very kind and non-aggressive. He also seems to have almost no prey drive, whereas the Boston wants to chase everything, including blowing leaves.

I have to be careful with them around other dogs because they don't seem to understand that not all dogs are friendly. My neighbor has a Boston/French bulldog mix and it hates other dogs.

by Anonymousreply 25May 4, 2021 11:14 PM

Borders can be nippy. I took my dog to daycare in the beginning to socialize him, and now he’s the friendliest border on the planet. Every single person/dog in the world is his best friend whether they want to be or not.

by Anonymousreply 26May 4, 2021 11:31 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!