Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Rudy Giuliani Is in ‘Deep Shit’

Rudy Giuliani insists the FBI raid on his apartment was a total miscarriage of justice. His Trumpy allies swear the feds had no reason at all to execute a search warrant on his home.

George Conway, a former top Republican lawyer, has a slightly different take.

“I think he’s in deep shit,” Conway tells Molly Jong-Fast on the latest episode of The New Abnormal.

“The Justice Department doesn’t like to execute search warrants on lawyers, right? And the reason why they don’t like that is because they don’t want to get into messy disputes about attorney-client privilege… So they basically, if there’s a way to get evidence without going to a lawyer there, it’s basically incumbent upon them to do that. And if they ever seek to execute a search warrant on a lawyer, they have to go to the Main Justice [the headquarters of the Justice Department] and get permission from senior people in the criminal division on Pennsylvania Avenue,” adds Conway, who has famously spent the past few years as an anti-Trumpist activist.

“That tells you a lot here. Because even though there’s a probable cause standard for any search warrant—where you have to show that there was probable cause that a crime was committed and that there’s a basis to believe that the executing the search warrant will provide evidence of that crime—in this case, they had to do much, much more than that,” Conway continues. “And this guy was the former lawyer to a president of the United States while he was president. The people in Main Justice would not have authorized this search warrant unless there was a pretty good record.”

Rudy has now turned to Alan Dershowitz for some legal advice. That may not prove to be the wisest move, Conway says.

“Dershowitz is a smart guy, but he’s off. He’s been off the rails for a long time... In the first impeachment trial, Dershowitz made crazy arguments, to the effect that if the president does something, it’s for the benefit of the nation and therefore can’t be a crime, it can’t be impeachable. Which was just insane,” Conway adds. “And now he’s arguing that lawyers are immune from the execution of a search warrant, and that’s just not true either.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29May 16, 2021 9:13 PM

[quote]“I think he’s in deep shit,” Conway tells Molly Jong-Fast.

Rudy, Four Seasons Landscaping phoned and asked could they have some.

by Anonymousreply 1May 4, 2021 2:57 PM

Rudy should have remembered the saying about being hoisted on one's own petard.

by Anonymousreply 2May 4, 2021 3:00 PM

Thoughts and prayers!

by Anonymousreply 3May 4, 2021 3:03 PM

I just want to dye!

by Anonymousreply 4May 4, 2021 3:17 PM

[quote]George Conway

Cunt.

by Anonymousreply 5May 4, 2021 3:20 PM

Exactly what is that nitwit accused of? In deep shit says nothing to me.

by Anonymousreply 6May 4, 2021 3:22 PM

Dear future cellmate of Rudy at whatever Minimum Security Federal Prison he ends up in:

Pack a gas mask and some Beano. Rudy is known to be a nasty farter. Big, juicy farts that he pretends didn't happen.

Good luck.

Sincerely, Jenna Ellis

by Anonymousreply 7May 4, 2021 3:24 PM

Take him down. I think he will plead dementia when the time comes - but this sack needs to get some karma for being the nasty, cruel ass who has ruined millions of lives as a blindly ambitious prosecutor, as a mayor who used “law and order” as an excuse to trample civil liberties in NYC and destroy nightlife - and finally as a Trump enabler.

by Anonymousreply 8May 4, 2021 3:32 PM

Mock the flop.

by Anonymousreply 9May 4, 2021 3:38 PM

Mayor McSleaze won't spend a day behind bars. He'll get that old/fat Covid exemption and be confined to one of his mansions.

Or else he'll 'die' like Epstein (disappear).

by Anonymousreply 10May 4, 2021 3:45 PM

Secretary: Mr Prezzident, Rudy is on the phone.

DJT: I don't know her.

by Anonymousreply 11May 4, 2021 3:45 PM

Ghouliani's reckoning cannot come soon enough; I don't necessarily disagree with R10 that he'll get some sort of COVID house arrest kind thing, but just the idea of him being stripped of his law license & branded a felon brings a smile to my face

by Anonymousreply 12May 4, 2021 3:47 PM

Ahem:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13May 5, 2021 2:39 AM

He should be put in a nicely socially distanced cell. But why can't every old/fat get the covid exit too then?

by Anonymousreply 14May 5, 2021 5:44 AM

Nothing will happen, sadly.

by Anonymousreply 15May 5, 2021 7:16 PM

From MSNBC today. Very interesting, very damning,

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16May 5, 2021 7:20 PM

Someone should alert Rudy that the Trump bus is fast approaching. We all know what happens to the idiots when Trump has no use for them., get thrown under the bus.

by Anonymousreply 17May 5, 2021 7:23 PM

I wouldn't bet on that, R15.

by Anonymousreply 18May 5, 2021 7:40 PM

Sadly, nothing is going to happen. Nobody is going to jail. Trump will still live at his resort in a dark room drinking Diet Cokes. There will be no retributions. There will be nothing done about the traitor's insurection.

Look for a republic party resurgence of absolute insanity that will make what they do now look absolutely tame in comparison in the next three years. Now would be the time to make plans for leaving the country by 2024. No joke.

by Anonymousreply 19May 5, 2021 7:49 PM

The big difference between the recent past and now is that we have a functioning and independent DOJ. Fingers crossed they really will be able to bring these criminals to, well, justice.

I was heartened by Judge Barrett making demands of the DOJ, re Barr's attempts to quash and/or redefine the Mueller Report. Let's hope she gets what she wants. If she does, I'd take it as a VERY good sign that the next year or so will be filled with action.

by Anonymousreply 20May 5, 2021 7:53 PM

Oh, fuck off, R19. Your doomsday conjecture is the DL euivalent of Debbie Downer. No joke.

by Anonymousreply 21May 5, 2021 7:55 PM

"Now would be the time to make plans for leaving the country by 2024."

Tell you what, R19--YOU leave. We'll tell you when it's safe to come back.

by Anonymousreply 22May 5, 2021 7:57 PM

[quote] Now would be the time to make plans for leaving the country by 2024

Nice try, Boris. We are going to stay and fight for the rule of law and locking up these criminals. We're not going to tuck our tails between our legs and run for the hills. People fought and died for democracy, we won't give it up that easily.

by Anonymousreply 23May 5, 2021 8:18 PM

If the Repugs take control the the House and Senate in 2022, this country will resemble North Korea where each household, , must have a photo of Dear Leader in the house. We will have to purchase a how to book on the Republican's correct way of kissing Trump's ass.

by Anonymousreply 24May 6, 2021 7:47 PM

Darling, R24, have another drink.

by Anonymousreply 25May 6, 2021 11:05 PM

If he is, maybe his hair will look better.

by Anonymousreply 26May 7, 2021 2:47 PM

(25) Just wait and see.

by Anonymousreply 27May 16, 2021 7:54 PM

Sure, darling, R27. Have yet another drink.

by Anonymousreply 28May 16, 2021 7:55 PM

[quote] George Conway, a former top Republican lawyer, has a slightly different take.

Of course he does. Pronouncements like that are how he supports himself.

by Anonymousreply 29May 16, 2021 9:13 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!