Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Joy v. Tucker: Of course you realize this means WAR

Oh, it’s on.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 130Last Wednesday at 4:53 AM

She runs marathons?

by Anonymousreply 105/03/2021

Homophobe Vs. Homophobe

It's a draw.

by Anonymousreply 205/03/2021

She bodied his stupid, racist ass in this. Cleaned his clock.

by Anonymousreply 305/03/2021

She bodied it?

by Anonymousreply 405/03/2021

That's one short battle because Tuckerr SLAYED.

Sorry, OP/R3/allyourincomingalts

by Anonymousreply 505/03/2021

Killed it, r4.

by Anonymousreply 605/03/2021

R4, it’s another way of saying she annihilated him. The only thing she didn’t do was talk about his lack of a chin and his paper thin lips.

by Anonymousreply 705/03/2021

[quote]From there, she rhetorically asked Carlson if he had wanted to go to Harvard but was rejected, noting that while he probably thinks she was accepted because of “affirmative action,” it was actually because she “had a really high GPA and fantastic SAT scores.”

So did thousands of Asian kids.

by Anonymousreply 805/03/2021

Tucker is probably less homophobic.

by Anonymousreply 905/03/2021

^That’s absurd. He celebrated the murder of Harvey Milk in his college yearbook.

by Anonymousreply 1005/03/2021

She’s homophobic? Of course she is. A self-righteous, angry fuck as well. Sucks ‘joy’ out of the room faster than any butch.

by Anonymousreply 1105/03/2021

She'd have been cancelled for her homophobic statements and then lying about them if she wasn't black.

by Anonymousreply 1205/03/2021

Joy graduated in film theory, not astrophysics or Kantian epistemology, so let's keep this under perspective.

by Anonymousreply 1305/03/2021

She'd have been cancelled for her homophobic statements and then lying about them if she wasn't a woman too.

by Anonymousreply 1405/03/2021

very true r14

by Anonymousreply 1505/03/2021

Omg. When I scrolled past this I thought it said “Joy Reid Fires Black”!

by Anonymousreply 1605/03/2021

If Joy gets fired, self-destructs and comes to a bad end I could see this being a wonderful role for Viola. Comeback after her humilating loss in Best Actress to me and that bucket squatter.

by Anonymousreply 1705/03/2021

I don't like or trust either one. I miss the goode olde dayes when I didn't feel I have to choose a side.

I can choose her, but only because I agree with most of what she says on MSNBC.

I can't believe MSNBC actually continued her employment much less gave her a promotion with zero public backlash after she lied about not having written hateful antigay blog posts, and then was revealed to have been a liar by an FBI investigation. How did she get away with that? Even setting aside latent hatred of LGBT aside, she's a journalist and she didn't have the integrity to tell the truth until the FBI got involved.

During that scandal, I attended a conference where she was the featured keynoter. She arrived to her own session 20 minutes late. She told the 1,000 people in the ballroom that it was the airline's fault as she shuffled her papers. And then she read from her written notes for a half hour, almost without looking up, about the Civil Rights movement, which applied tangentially to the topic of the conference—but she was reading it to a room of educators. She then read for 10 minutes or so basic information about the industry that association that hired her represented—things literally everyone in the room new, but Reid evidently had not known and found interesting when she learned them. Then she read a quote from a high-profile government official from a trade newspaper and asked if anyone knew how to get in touch with that newspaper's editor because she could use the contact since she had no luck booking that official on her show. The association that hired her to make the speech was the publisher of the newspaper. It was very awkward and about 10 percent of the people walked out during her speech. I think she was flustered from both her scandal-in-progress and her tardiness, but it's the worst keynote presentation I have ever heard.

But Tucker Carlson is a Nazi, so I guess I have to side with her.

by Anonymousreply 1805/03/2021

This was pretty good, she coined a new name for Carlson, "Tuckums ", which I think is spot on, but Carlson is a pretty easy target. I really would like to see her go after someone like Candice Owens. That's a bitch fight I'd pay to see

by Anonymousreply 1905/03/2021

"Tuckums" calls to mind Patrick's girlfriend in Auntie Mame. Joy would have nailed it if she could have said Tuckums with that old Vassar affectation.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2005/04/2021

I demand a death match!

...one where they both die with all due haste would be fine

by Anonymousreply 2105/04/2021

Now, "CreepyTucker" is trending because "Tuckums" called Obama a "creepy old man" for doing a PSA on the Covid vaccine

God, I just want to punch his stupid face

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2205/04/2021

What she wrote about Charlie Crist didn’t offend me.

by Anonymousreply 2305/04/2021

I guess she did write nasty shit, saw with my own eyes, fuck this ugly woman. I also thought she was like in her 30s, unmarried, maybe gay.

by Anonymousreply 2405/04/2021

The ultimate “both sides suck”.

by Anonymousreply 2505/04/2021

I am certainly no Joy Reid fan, but absolutely L-O-V-E-D this. Lol...she did clean his clock. Too bad they haven’t devolved into bad wig put-downs, because that would be epic. Neither one has a very good wig game. “Tuckkkums” is perfect! Lol

by Anonymousreply 2605/04/2021

She stoops to conquer when the class act would have been to ignore him.

by Anonymousreply 2705/04/2021

R27 I admit I enjoyed hearing her drag him because it was satisfying in a base kind of way, but at the same time I was thinking, "this is supposed to be a journalist on one of three alleged 24/7 news networks?" As a thinking person, I don't take MSNBC seriously, but as a progressive person, I am mortified by this sort of programming, which is the mirror image of what Fox produces. It's definitely not anything like journalism. But that seems not to matter anymore.

by Anonymousreply 2805/04/2021

Joy is a low IQ homophobic race baiter.

by Anonymousreply 2905/04/2021

Anyone in here going in on Joy - particularly when the target of her scorn is such a disgusting, racist, proven homophobic nazi piece of shit - is nothing more than a sympathizer of everything Faux News and all of its ilk represents. You’re all disgusting.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3005/04/2021

[post redacted because independent.co.uk thinks that links to their ridiculous rag are a bad thing. Somebody might want to tell them how the internet works. Or not. We don't really care. They do suck though. Our advice is that you should not click on the link and whatever you do, don't read their truly terrible articles.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3105/04/2021

^Fucker Carlson, member in good standing of the Dan White Society.

by Anonymousreply 3205/04/2021

Joy maybe said some unkind things 15 years ago in blog posts during a time when political blogs were edgy and using fratbro humor, just like people on Twitter were. Datalounge is almost monolithic in its insistence that people like James Gunn not be cancelled for their jokes about fucking babies back in the day, yet Joy Reid's name gets mentioned and it's wall-to-wall "she's evil manifest, she shook her papers once and was late for something, wish she was dead."

The fact that some of those posts of hers shown in that anonymous guy's screencaps couldn't be found at all, and others were clearly drafts because they were unfinished, and that she has not continued to be homophobic in any way for many years, doesn't matter.

Nope, here on DL, Tucker Carlson, a far-right homophobe who did a lot of heavy lifting to keep a fascist GOP in power, who has defended the deaths of many and justified the attempted coup, who would enjoy seeing entire demographics wiped out (as most far-right fascists like him would) is equally as bad as Joy or even marginally better.

Unbelievable.

by Anonymousreply 3305/04/2021

Well said, R33. Joy is a black woman which, to many around here, is worse than Hitler.

by Anonymousreply 3405/04/2021

Blacks and Jews will not replace Tuckums, ROBOTS will. Looking forward to the TuckBot2022.

The TuckBot2022 is handsome.

by Anonymousreply 3505/04/2021

I still remember the fierce but but buts made here for her long forgotten blog that was hacked by homophobic somebody or others who were high on Nyquil.

by Anonymousreply 3605/04/2021

[quote] Joy Reid's name gets mentioned and it's wall-to-wall "she's evil manifest, she shook her papers once and was late for something, wish she was dead."

[quote] Joy is a black woman which, to many around here, is worse than Hitler.

Good God, some of you are so hyperbolic! I can only speak for myself, but I wrote above that I don't like her because of her past comments but even more because she lied about them and only admitted the truth after the FBI got involved.

I am criticizing her individual character, not calling her evil manifest. I don't see other people saying that, either.

It's OK not to like a person even if that person is a black woman. To ignore bigoted comments and to ignore a journalist's extreme violations of journalistic ethics specifically because she is black would be racially biased.

Tucker Carlson is deplorable. He's clearly much worse than Joy Reid is, but no one needs to like or support Joy Reid by default because of who she is or because she criticized an obvious bad guy.

by Anonymousreply 3705/04/2021

Bigoted comments that would have been right at home here on Datalounge or Twitter. It was snark that could have come straight from this place, about Tom Cruise and Karl Rove, right? And she called Ann Coulter a man, just like this place does.

by Anonymousreply 3805/04/2021

[quote] posts made derogatory remarks about gay people, claiming that “most straight people cringe at the sight of two men kissing” and that “adult gay men tend to be attracted to very young, post-pubescent types.” One post acknowledged, “Does that make me homophobic? Probably.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3905/04/2021

[quote] He celebrated the murder of Harvey Milk in his college yearbook.

How do we know Putin didn't hack the yearbook?

by Anonymousreply 4005/04/2021

The Joy attackers are default Tucker defenders. You can all fuck right off.

by Anonymousreply 4105/04/2021

What is she wearing?

by Anonymousreply 4205/04/2021

[quote] Joy maybe said some unkind things 15 years ago in blog posts during a time when political blogs were edgy and using fratbro humor, just like people on Twitter were.

She called gays pedophiles, you idiot.

by Anonymousreply 4305/04/2021

Why is Joy wearing the Jennifer Beals “Flashdance” outfit?

by Anonymousreply 4405/04/2021

Tucker is excrement. Joy is no journalist, more of a left-wing version of a right-wing talk show host. She is often amusing but occasionally cringeworthy.

by Anonymousreply 4505/04/2021

She also said that the Academy just handed out Oscars to any movie that depicted gay people and so she didn't watch it.

That's homophobic. It doesn't make me hate her and I don't think it's nearly the worst any homophobe has said, but in the context of today's woke culture (which she is a part of), imagine if any journalist said they lost interest in the Oscars because it awards diversity.

I resent her hypocrisy.

I still enjoyed her drag of Tuckums, but it's not journalism; it's entertainment.

by Anonymousreply 4605/04/2021

[quote]She called gays pedophiles, you idiot.

She did not, she was explaining what she thought "many religious people" felt was immoral about being gay. It was in response to a Chicago Tribune columnist talking about General Pace saying homosexuality was "immoral," and she was answering why some people would call it immoral, i.e. because they believe gays are indoctrinating kids. She did not say she believed those things, she was very clear about the fact that she was guessing as to what they were saying when they said "homosexuality is immoral."

Her entire argument was weak but she did not, under any circumstances, say she thought gays were pedos.

Very weird that our anti-trans trolls say the exact same things, word for word, that Reid attributed to "many religious people," and none of you outraged types are on THOSE threads calling out the trolls.

by Anonymousreply 4705/04/2021

Hate, Inc, by Matt Taibbi, will change your mind about this nonsnse.

by Anonymousreply 4805/04/2021

He's right about Joy. She does try to stir up race hatred. And yes, she is a homophobe.

by Anonymousreply 4905/04/2021

I remember her going on and on about how heterosexuals should be disgusted by Brokeback Mountain. Clearly bitter that movie was such a hit at that time.

by Anonymousreply 5005/04/2021

Msnbc correspondent “Dr.” Jason Johnson also has a homophobic blog past.

by Anonymousreply 5105/04/2021

You can tell there’s hatred in Joy.

by Anonymousreply 5205/04/2021

I am not going to defend Joy here because... well, what's the point because the usual suspects are going to hate her not matter what she does. I like her and watched her go off on Tucker, but I wish she hadn't. Because it plays right into his hands. His entire show is about getting a reaction and owning the libs. Why give him what he wants?

by Anonymousreply 5305/04/2021

Both into the grease fire.

by Anonymousreply 5405/04/2021

[QUOTE] Msnbc correspondent “Dr.” Jason Johnson also has a homophobic blog past.

Jason Johnson is on “the down-low.”

by Anonymousreply 5505/04/2021

Both have bad wigs

by Anonymousreply 5605/04/2021

Joy Reid has a face for radio.

by Anonymousreply 5705/04/2021

The argument that to criticize Joy in any manner is to support Tucker is childish.

by Anonymousreply 5805/04/2021

The entire thread is full of "both sides suck" and both should "die with all due haste" and untrue/exaggerated accusations of her, plus claims that Tucker is LESS homophobic than she is.

It's not just normal everyday criticism, R58. You know this, I don't know why you're trying to pull a fast one here because we all know what's going on.

by Anonymousreply 5905/04/2021

There are other reasons to criticize Joy.

by Anonymousreply 6005/04/2021

You can criticise Joy Reid. She is a public figure and she is not impartial.

by Anonymousreply 6105/04/2021

[quote] Msnbc correspondent “Dr.” Jason Johnson also has a homophobic blog past.

So do most Dataloungers. Why did you put Dr. in quotes. The man has a PhD from UNC Chapel Hill. If some his MSNBC coworkers want to call him Dr. Jason Johnson. So be it. It’s not something that he requested nor demanded. Some call him that and some don’t.

Reid has an undergraduate degree from Harvard. But somehow that’s not good enough for Datalounge. Johnson has degrees from the University of Va and a PhD from UNC. Still not good enough. Because they are black.

by Anonymousreply 6205/04/2021

I have no issues with criticism. I have issues with surface criticism based on singular moments in time and people who refuse to acknowledge that people can grow and change and do better.

by Anonymousreply 6305/04/2021

[quote]Why is Joy wearing the Jennifer Beals “Flashdance” outfit?

Because she’s a maniac, maniac on her show…

by Anonymousreply 6405/04/2021

Joy Reid stole Homey the Clown's hairstyle I see...🤣🤣🤣🤣

by Anonymousreply 6505/04/2021

[quote] I really would like to see her go after someone like Candice Owens. That's a bitch fight I'd pay to see

Oh, you fags love to see strong black women attack each other. Bet you call them monkeys too. 🙄

by Anonymousreply 6605/04/2021

[quote]Reid has an undergraduate degree from Harvard. But somehow that’s not good enough for Datalounge. Johnson has degrees from the University of Va and a PhD from UNC. Still not good enough. Because they are black.

This, in a nutshell.

by Anonymousreply 6705/04/2021

"Oh, you fags love to see strong black women attack each other. Bet you call them monkeys too."

Candice Owens is not strong, she's a grifting con artist. You, however, with your "fags" and "monkeys" reference are a racist/homophobic cunt

by Anonymousreply 6805/04/2021

[quote] Candice Owens is not strong, she's a grifting con artist. You, however, with your "fags" and "monkeys" reference are a racist/homophobic cunt

You're the racist and misogynist for getting a sick thrill from seeing two black women attack each other. Check yourself before you get on your high horse.

by Anonymousreply 6905/04/2021

Shouldn't that be based on evidence, R63, rather than your instructions?

by Anonymousreply 7005/04/2021

Finally, a war where both sides deserve not only to lose but also to be prosecuted for war crimes.

by Anonymousreply 7105/04/2021

JAR is no better than anyone on Fox

by Anonymousreply 7205/04/2021

I would prefer to have a drink with Tucker. Joy truly seems like a miserable person to be around.

by Anonymousreply 7305/04/2021

r73 Since the world judges people by the company they keep, (or want to keep), you have confirmed without us every having met you that you are a lying, racist, misogynistic, homophobic asshole.

by Anonymousreply 7405/04/2021

What I want to know is:

Why does Joy Reid host a cable news show dressed as an extra on FLASHDANCE ?

by Anonymousreply 7505/04/2021

In Roseanne Roseannadanna's wig.

by Anonymousreply 7605/04/2021

I bet Tucker is at least polite in private, R74. Joy probably not so much.

by Anonymousreply 7705/04/2021

He was a member of the Dan White Society, r77. He wants you dead, you dipshit.

by Anonymousreply 7805/04/2021

As much as I can't stand Joy Reid, I absolutely loathe Tucker Carlson. People like him are why we are a divided country with no end in sight.

But Joy should never have been promoted to the 7pm time slot.

by Anonymousreply 7905/04/2021

[quote]So did thousands of Asian kids.

Then they should probably take that up with the Kushners and Dubyas and every other dumb, rich, white kid who took away an undeserved seat at any number of prestigious universities - due to legacy or their scumbag father cutting a check.

People like you rarely if ever take issue with that, eh? You go for the black kid who probably had a 3.8 GPA rather than the dumb fuck Kushner-types with a 2.0 (if that).

[quote]I bet Tucker is at least polite in private, [R74]. Joy probably not so much.

You'd be incorrect since while I don't really like her show because she's shrill, I used to see her around Brooklyn a few years back and have spoken with her. She couldn't be nicer And I'm not black, so you can throw that horseshit out the window. As for Tucker, he goes to dinner with people like Matt Gaetz, so you must be a garbage individual who thinks all it takes to be considered good is to say "please" on occasion. Frankly, all you do is prove how low the bar can be set when you're white. You can be repugnant as hell and low-life individuals like yourself will make excuses.

by Anonymousreply 8005/04/2021

R46 Most black people are homophobic.

by Anonymousreply 8105/04/2021

Most white gays are racists - going by DL, R81.

I love how you ignore the countless pieces of legislation in red states specifically aimed at gutting your rights and it's white people at the helm pushing that legislation.

My only wish is that people like you were made to live solely among those white people whose hate you never address.

by Anonymousreply 8205/04/2021

R81- and HATE Asians

by Anonymousreply 8305/04/2021

Titus Andronicus wasn't.

by Anonymousreply 8405/04/2021

" Check yourself before you get on your high horse. "

High horse?

So, you're an 80 year old cunt then, figures

by Anonymousreply 8505/04/2021

The racist assholes are really showing themselves in here. Their nasty racist ways make them quite deserving of any bit of derision they may receive for being gay. You'd rather have a drink with Tucker Carlson than with Joy Reid? I'll bet. He'd gladly see you tossed off a roof because of your orientation but hey, that's ok, because even though he, unlike Joy, currently shows gays and lesbians absolutely no love, he's a white guy!

[quote]JAR is no better than anyone on Fox

Why, because she's black and may have blogged some things over a decade ago? Fuck you, you racist piece of horseshit.

by Anonymousreply 8605/04/2021

Look at the sickos literally ignoring a "joke" by Tucker about being in a club for a homophobe who murdered a gay man and for talking about gay bashing someone who hit on him.

WTF are you ignoring that to attack black people? Oh, right, because you're self-loathing parasites.

by Anonymousreply 8705/04/2021

as soon as this Reid BITCH said -

Mmmwa in her video I stopped watching.

by Anonymousreply 8805/04/2021

[quote][R46] Most black people are homophobic.

And most white people are spree killing, white collar crime committing pedophiles. See how that works?

by Anonymousreply 8905/04/2021

[quote]I bet Tucker is at least polite in private, [R74]. Joy probably not so much.

Yeah, I'm sure he'll hand you his pocket square to clean blood off after he bashes you for hitting on him.

by Anonymousreply 9005/04/2021

Joy is riding on the coattails of Jim Acosta. If it wasn't for him and his no give a shit attitude and calling out Tucker and calling Fox the bullshit network, she would have been silent. She also stole her Worst Person of the Week segment from, Keith Olbermann. But no one dare call her out on it. She's a phony and a plagiarist. She doesn't deserve any of the praise she's getting.

by Anonymousreply 9105/04/2021

What’s the point of this thread? Are we supposed to support HER all of a sudden?

by Anonymousreply 9205/04/2021

Joy and Tucker vs. Evil?

by Anonymousreply 9305/04/2021

R92, how about this: Even if you dislike her, don't be stupid enough to take the side of someone who is far worse? This only reveals how racist many of you are. Tucker has said far worse about gays than Joy did, yet I don't see the fuckheads on here take it seriously, nor make it about "most white people."

This couldn't be a more stark example of "white privilege." This guy literally joked about being in a club of a killer who killed a gay man and about beating a gay man if he hits on him. How the fuck is Joy anywhere near as bad as him? That's the part you leave out. Don't act like they're equal, because they are not.

Make Tucker black and I already know the disgusting things that would be said here.

by Anonymousreply 9405/04/2021

^r91 is Fairy Praisegiver, only she gets to decide who is praiseworthy.

by Anonymousreply 9505/04/2021

[quote]She also stole her Worst Person of the Week segment from, Keith Olbermann.

R91, honest question, what are you talking about? I don't watch Joy so I looked this up, and couldn't find anything at all. WHAT are you saying she stole from Olbermann?

by Anonymousreply 9605/04/2021

You can dislike Joy, but how lacking in self-respect and how racist must you be that your hate so blinds you to the fact that Tucker Carlson is far more repugnant on an entirely different level.

You're just a gross fucking person.

by Anonymousreply 9705/04/2021

R96, Keith had a show on MSNBC where he talked about current political events. This was pre-Trump. At the end of his show he would do a run-down of 3 people who he felt was the worst of the worst that week, ending with what he called The Worst Person of the Week. And he also did a rundown of the Worst Person of the Month. It has been a few years since he was on the air so people may not remember him or his show, but that segment was always a favorite of mine, so I remember it well. Joy copied it exactly and does it on her show. And she uses similar graphics , too.

by Anonymousreply 9805/04/2021

But I did a search for Joy and "worst person of the week" and "worst person" and found NOTHING, R98. What is the segment actually called?

by Anonymousreply 9905/04/2021

Disliking Joy and calling her out, doesn't mean that one supports or agrees with Tucker.

by Anonymousreply 10005/04/2021

Read the fucking thread r100, for fuck's sake.

by Anonymousreply 10105/04/2021

R99, I only had her show on at the end a few times and saw it while waiting for Chris Hayes to come on. I don't know what she calls it.

by Anonymousreply 10205/04/2021

Her allowing him to her goat gives him the victory. The more aggravated she becomes the greater his success. She shouldn’t have said anything. Actually, that’s good advice for her for any subject.

by Anonymousreply 10305/04/2021

What R101 said. You're clearly not paying attention, R100. Like clockwork when it comes to any non-white person, it not only becomes about that individual, but the low-life chooses to make it about "most" of that non-white group.

by Anonymousreply 10405/04/2021

Enemy of my enemy is not my friend.

Sure, it's fun to sit back and watch her crucify rethugs and idiots like Carlson.

But, we should all remember that that does not make her a friend to gay people.

by Anonymousreply 10505/04/2021

Oh of course, r100 was the guy claiming Joy Reid stole "Worst Person of the Week" [sic] from Olbermann.

Joy Reid declares things the "absolute worst," and it's not always people, it's frequently things like "Jim Crow Republicans." It doesn't appear to be a full-fledged segment, best I can tell. It's on her podcast, but I don't think it's on her TV show. I can only find two people who were the "absolute worst," Boebert and Tucker, everything else declared "absolute worst" were either groups or events or situations, not individuals.

Olbermann's segment was "Worst Person in the World," not week, and always only individual people. Similarities? Sure. Rip-off? Probably not. Olbermann would have had a fit about it by now if it were truly a rip-off.

by Anonymousreply 10605/04/2021

You racist gays deserve all the hate and phobia you get. Pure fucking dregs of humanity.

by Anonymousreply 10705/04/2021

R94 is truth.

by Anonymousreply 10805/04/2021

Some of you are way over invested in Joy Rude.

by Anonymousreply 10905/04/2021

R109, way to miss the point. And that you got two likes (and no doubt more coming from the same people) is pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 11005/04/2021

she may only have a degree from harvard in film theory, but carlson only has a b.a. in history from trinity college.... JOY WINS!...

by Anonymousreply 11105/04/2021

R111 here going to reply to my own post... now that i think of it i'm more educated that both carlson AND reid! at least i have a actual degree in radio/television broadcasting and journalism with a minor in marketing and a 3.85 g.p.a. on a 4.0 scale!...

by Anonymousreply 11205/04/2021
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11305/04/2021

Joy does a weekly segment on her show called "Who Won The Week". She's been doing this since her weekend show. Also she does a segment on her show during the week called "The Worst". It's not daily, but she uses it to point out how fucked up Republicans are.

If Joy hates gays, then she hates her daughter who is an out lesbian.

by Anonymousreply 11405/04/2021

[quote] she may only have a degree from harvard in film theory, but carlson only has a b.a. in history from trinity college.... JOY WINS!...

His point was that going to Harvard and graduating from there indicates that she enjoys privilege.

by Anonymousreply 11505/04/2021

R115 how is it AUTOMATICALLY privilege when someone earns going to the highest higher education places one can go to! isn't that a accomplishment and a good thing?...

never mind, ole tucker got some REAL privilege education wise! can you say boarding school in switzerland!....

by Anonymousreply 11605/04/2021

[quote]If Joy hates gays, then she hates her daughter who is an out lesbian.

Then she should have owned up to her blog posts like an adult, instead of created some fictional story about how she was hacked. She's a coward. If Tucker Carlson had given a same excuse for his own past bigotry, he would have been a laughing stock .

And spare me "She has a gay daughter". A lot of people have gay friends, relatives, children, etc. etc. and still can't come to terms with the extent of their true homophobia. Or they try to go out of their way to deny it.

But they don't even need to. The self loathing gays (as witnessed here) will rush en masse in this thread to defend her. Same thing in the media. The community spends so much time carrying water for homophobes and doing damage control for people who would never reciprocate if the situation were reversed.

The LGBT community owes her NOTHING.

No dog in this fight. Let them both go at it and drag each other down. I couldn't give two fucks less. They're both fucking garbage.

by Anonymousreply 11705/04/2021

I really enjoyed Keith Olbermann's show.

by Anonymousreply 11805/04/2021

R117, nice try, but your racism is showing loud and clear. One of these people currently shows nothing but love to the gay/trans community. The other never even bothered to explain his yearbook debacle (not that he could have) and still touts homophobic rhetoric, racist rhetoric and consistently backs political corruption and social injustice. But you stay there on your perch of privilege and pick-and-choose outrage.

by Anonymousreply 11905/04/2021

Carlson's mouth looks like an asshole and Joy looks like the proverbial angry black woman. Both are nearly impossible to tolerate for an entire hour. Since Biden's election, I haven't been watching as much news. Where is Steve Kornacki? I haven't seen him in quite awhile.

by Anonymousreply 12005/04/2021

Joy just called Trump “the Palm Beach Norma Desmond”, there’s got to be a DLer on her staff.

by Anonymousreply 12105/04/2021

Joy is firmly ensconced in the black church, which is generally quite conservative on natters of sexuality - she has deflected criticism of religion on her show by declaring to her guests that she is a person of faith. So I don't expect a lot in terms of progressive thinking there, on what the Xtians call 'family values.' Still, Joy has been very good on political issues, and this dust-up with Carlson should be fun to watch play out.

by Anonymousreply 12205/04/2021

[quote] Carlson should be fun to watch play out.

Carlson doesn’t get baited by trolling, so it’s going to be just her complaining into the ether.

by Anonymousreply 12305/04/2021

Joy's flatulence problem is a serious issue at MSNBC.

by Anonymousreply 12405/04/2021

Your flatulence is a issue in this thread, r124.

by Anonymousreply 12505/04/2021

[quote]nice try, but your racism is showing loud and clear

Nah, it's just your self loathing.

[quote]One of these people currently shows nothing but love to the gay/trans community.

Currently being the key word.

by Anonymousreply 12605/04/2021

[quote]Currently being the key word.

How old are you?

by Anonymousreply 12705/04/2021

^Exactly!

And my previous statement stands. R117 is a racist. Classic hit dog hollering syndrome.

by Anonymousreply 12805/04/2021

R47 is a liar. Joy Reid wasn't merely explaining religious homophobia when she said gay men were pedos, she was clearly giving her own view.

[Quote]Other posts made derogatory remarks about gay people, claiming that “most straight people cringe at the sight of two men kissing” and that “adult gay men tend to be attracted to very young, post-pubescent types.” One post acknowledged, “Does that make me homophobic? Probably.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129Last Wednesday at 1:10 AM

Did the FBI pay her a little visit after the hacking claim? She seemed to change her tune very quickly.

by Anonymousreply 130Last Wednesday at 4:53 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!