Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Ding Dong Witchie Poo is dead

Actress Billie Hayes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11May 5, 2021 4:43 AM

How old was she when she played Mamie Yokum on Broadway?

Asking for a friend.

by Anonymousreply 1May 4, 2021 4:00 AM

Bummer. She was a lot of fun, and Witchiepoo is one of the all-time great TV villains. RIP, Billie!

by Anonymousreply 2May 4, 2021 4:03 AM

That makes at least third gay person on Bewitched. Billie Hayes joins Dick Sargent, Paul Lynde, and Maurice Evans.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3May 4, 2021 4:05 AM

I was about to fall flat on my face in utter awe that she was even still alive then realized I was thinking of Billie Burke not Billie Hayes.

by Anonymousreply 4May 4, 2021 4:05 AM

*RIP*

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5May 4, 2021 4:08 AM

I always thought it was Charles Nelson Riley In Drag .

by Anonymousreply 6May 4, 2021 4:37 AM

R3 , shouldn't that be fourth Gay person ?

by Anonymousreply 7May 4, 2021 4:40 AM

Seventh? Agnes Moorehead, Paul Lynde, Maurice Evans, Dick Sargent, Diane Murphy, George Tobias...

by Anonymousreply 8May 4, 2021 5:21 AM

les bean?

by Anonymousreply 9May 4, 2021 5:27 AM

We know, Worse Than Hitler.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10May 4, 2021 5:32 AM

She seemed like the kind of lesbian who would have more fun singing showtunes at a piano bar with gay men than being around her sappho sisters. With the way her characters were all costumed, she was more of a drag queen than Lady Bunny Slippers.

by Anonymousreply 11May 5, 2021 4:43 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!