Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

People who are *CHEAP* NOT Frugal

Case in point: Travel. Do y’all know these people?

My calendar is BOOKED for the summer and I have three trips planned. One in August by myself, one in July for a friend’s birthday, and one on Memorial Day to help someone possibly stake out a move to Chicago.

Trying to plan the May & July trip with the rest of the parties has been a HEADACHE.

“I’m not trying to spend too much.”

“Yeah, if more people come it will be cheaper!”

The Chicago trip I can sort of understand— a quick weekend shouldn’t break the budget. But if you are traveling to a city you don’t know, you are going to spend money.

The July trip was originally to Miami, but was moved to Houston in part because of traveling costs. We are in line for an AirBnb with 1 shower for 5 people because “we want to keep it reasonable.” Why are we even going then if all you are going to do is whine about how much this costs and that costs? At dinner, cutting up the receipt at the table while we’re still out trying to enjoy ourselves because “I only ate this much and had one drink, so I am only paying.”

These people are no fun to plan travel with. You are going to spend money traveling, that is the point!

by Anonymousreply 805/04/2021

Yes, this is a rant, but y’all know who I am talking about!

by Anonymousreply 105/03/2021

Your story has become tiresome

by Anonymousreply 205/03/2021

OP, nobody can stop you from living above your means, but stop trying to get other people to live above theirs.

by Anonymousreply 305/04/2021

[quote] At dinner, cutting up the receipt at the table while we’re still out trying to enjoy ourselves because “I only ate this much and had one drink, so I am only paying.”

How annoying. One person pays, and if it's really that much of an issue, others can Venmo that person afterwards. What a headache for the servers.

by Anonymousreply 405/04/2021

Aren't YOU the cheap one, since you're sharing an Airbnb with multiple people? Are you still in college?

by Anonymousreply 505/04/2021

I once dated a guy who wore fake diamonds! Talk about tacky. We laughed at him on the yacht.

by Anonymousreply 605/04/2021

Wait. OP, you would actually have preferred to go to Miami in AUGUST? Not that Houston's much better...the problem I see is mainly with the destination choices, not with the budget.

by Anonymousreply 705/04/2021

I can sort of agree with OP here. Frugal is being responsible and going on a vacation or a getaway when you can afford it, otherwise decline all together.

by Anonymousreply 805/04/2021
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!