Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Woman out walking dog attacked by pitbull

**VIEWER DISCRETION ADVISED**

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 186May 10, 2021 2:02 AM

All pit bulls should be euthanized and a few kept for zoos.

by Anonymousreply 1May 4, 2021 1:35 AM

Is the guy in the shorts the dog's owner?

by Anonymousreply 2May 4, 2021 1:38 AM

Exactly what possesses a person to let their dog out and do that?

by Anonymousreply 3May 4, 2021 1:39 AM

I hope that dog gets put to sleep and the owner sued within an inch of his life. I hate pit bulls!

by Anonymousreply 4May 4, 2021 1:44 AM

Shot dog and owner.

by Anonymousreply 5May 4, 2021 1:46 AM

Those men were absolutely useless. The woman has no self preservation skills either.

by Anonymousreply 6May 4, 2021 1:46 AM

Why can’t pit bulls be required to wear muzzles in public? This is the best idea I ever had. Mean stallions wear cage muzzles when they’re taken out.

by Anonymousreply 7May 4, 2021 1:47 AM

What is the proper thing to do in this situation? I’d be terrified.

by Anonymousreply 8May 4, 2021 1:48 AM

[quote] What is the proper thing to do in this situation? I’d be terrified.

I don't know but lightly kicking while making no attempt to get away is definitely not it.

by Anonymousreply 9May 4, 2021 1:49 AM

[quote]Exactly what possesses a person to let their dog out and do that?

Because just about every dog owner thinks their dog is a sweetheart and is the exception and doesn’t doesn’t have to follow rules (like being on a leash).

by Anonymousreply 10May 4, 2021 1:51 AM

That was very satisfying to watch

by Anonymousreply 11May 4, 2021 1:51 AM

I would probably be scared shitless - but I swear to God, I would try my best to gouge the fucking dog’s eyes out.

by Anonymousreply 12May 4, 2021 1:52 AM

My plan is get my dog to higher ground, like a pickup truck. This lady put her dog in a patio or balcony which is a good idea. If my dog were safe I could deal with the pit bull.

by Anonymousreply 13May 4, 2021 1:54 AM

It probably smelled blood!

by Anonymousreply 14May 4, 2021 2:00 AM

I think when a dog violently attacks a stranger in a public space the dog should automatically be put down and the owner should be arrested for not controlling their demon. Not all of us love your little demon.

by Anonymousreply 15May 4, 2021 2:02 AM

That's absolutely terrifiyng. I have a little dog (german spitz), and i am scared as shit of situations like that.

R9

She did everything right. You can't really run away from dogs, because dog is going to be faster and you going to look more like a target. She hid a small dog. That was right thing to do.

by Anonymousreply 16May 4, 2021 2:31 AM

I laughed uncontrollably throughout.

by Anonymousreply 17May 4, 2021 2:41 AM

Did the other dog get hurt or just the owner?

by Anonymousreply 18May 4, 2021 2:43 AM

66% of Fatal Dog Bite Deaths Caused by Pit Bulls

by Anonymousreply 19May 4, 2021 2:45 AM

You take the dog's forearms and pull then out from the body like you're making it do the splits. That should kill the dog and prevent a human from being murdered by it.

by Anonymousreply 20May 4, 2021 2:47 AM

R20 how does that kill it?

by Anonymousreply 21May 4, 2021 2:49 AM

[quote] The woman has no self preservation skills either.

How dare she not know what to do when people attacking by a vicious animal! She should have prepared for it--it happens so often.

Like you, I blame the victim!

by Anonymousreply 22May 4, 2021 2:50 AM

Once again...Pit Bull attacked a woman's dog....owner of PB tried everything to get the dog to release bite, including beating it in head with bb bat to no avail....woman has light bulb moment, wets finger, sticks it in PB butt, dog releases immediately freaked out by it....gross, but whst else are you going to do?

by Anonymousreply 23May 4, 2021 2:52 AM

Surprise anal R23?

by Anonymousreply 24May 4, 2021 2:53 AM

Pits have killed babies

by Anonymousreply 25May 4, 2021 2:59 AM

I love animals, but pit bulls cannot be domesticated dogs. They are in the same vein as wolves, coyotes and mountain lions.

I feel for her. I am a ride or die bitch when it comes to my animals and my people. About 18 years ago a neighbors mean, giant dog came for my female, shepherd mix once (she was about 35 pounds) and went for her throat. She was in the yard on her chain. I grabbed Formula 409 and a broom from the mudroom and ran barefoot right for that motherfucker. I yelled to grab his attention, sprayed him directly in the nose and yes, and beat the living shit out of his ribs, head and throat.

Formula 409 is some toxic shit and will cause you to lose your breath. I brought my dog inside and sprayed his ass down with a hose and called his owner and told him if that fucking dog ever came unleashed again he would be meeting my shotgun between the eyes. The dog suffered some vision problems and you know what? I don't feel bad at all. He had killed a neighbors cat and had been a nuisance for some time in the neighborhood.

by Anonymousreply 26May 4, 2021 2:59 AM

The poor woman. She was desperately trying to save her pet's life. As for the person who said she had "no preservation skills"...well, what the hell should she have done? She had no weapon. She was trying to protect her pet as best she could. She's lucky she didn't get killed by the crazy beast. I hope that damn dog gets put down.

by Anonymousreply 27May 4, 2021 2:59 AM

Death to Pit Bulls!

by Anonymousreply 28May 4, 2021 3:01 AM

I love my pitties they are my babies! They are not ferocious they are lovable cuddly fur children.🤡

by Anonymousreply 29May 4, 2021 3:05 AM

[quote] Those men were absolutely useless. The woman has no self preservation skills either.

Seems like the woman saved her dog’s life. I think dog would have chased her if she had run away. Guy in shorts who ultimately subdued dog seems like he was pit bull owner. I’d have PTSD after that. Maybe pepper spray would have helped.

by Anonymousreply 30May 4, 2021 3:06 AM

You have to be pretty badass to attack a pitbull.

by Anonymousreply 31May 4, 2021 3:08 AM

If nothing else I would have gotten up on the that picnic table and kicked at it, hollered for help. Being on the ground with it gives it an advantage.

I'd get on top of a car roof the same way.

by Anonymousreply 32May 4, 2021 3:08 AM

Womyn, carry peanut butter on your pet walks! In the case of an attack, spread liberally on your saloon doors. This will instantly draw away the perpetrator from the prey, and possibly deliver tonguegasm to your hoo-hoo*

(*not appropriate for those with nut allergies)

by Anonymousreply 33May 4, 2021 3:18 AM

Dog of peace strikes again.

by Anonymousreply 34May 4, 2021 3:22 AM

It's best to try and stick your fingers in its nose, or asshole if possible...yes, surprise anal.

by Anonymousreply 35May 4, 2021 3:36 AM

[Quote]You can't really run away from dogs, because dog is going to be faster and you going to look more like a target.

This. Unless you're Usain Bolt. Plus, a dog can easily knock a person down from behind and you don't want to be off your feet. If you're in supine position, goodbye.

by Anonymousreply 36May 4, 2021 3:36 AM

r29, tell that shit to Judge Judy and be ready for the dragging of your life. Judge Judy loves dogs but she’s not fond of Pitt bulls being in the same house as children.

by Anonymousreply 37May 4, 2021 3:37 AM

R34 for the win

by Anonymousreply 38May 4, 2021 3:39 AM

I carry a 3.5 ounce canister of pepper gel (stream), not spray, in my right front pocket during all waking hours, and at night it is on the night stand next to the bed.

I also carry a 1.75 pound one-piece custom-made hickory walking stick when out walking, but I do not need a cane at all.

First you spray, then you beat the shit out of the culprit with the stick. This goes for dogs also.

Simple.

by Anonymousreply 39May 4, 2021 4:08 AM

This scares me so much. I was snapped at by a pit on a leash when out running. Yeah I know not all pits end up doing this, but if they do go off they can do so much damage.

by Anonymousreply 40May 4, 2021 4:13 AM

I actually think she did a great job of self-preservation and saving her dog.

I was worried when the pit got her on the ground - that could have been awful if it could bite her face and neck- but thankfully she got up quick.

by Anonymousreply 41May 4, 2021 4:19 AM

[Quote] Exactly what possesses a person to let their dog out and do that?

[Bold] Entitlement! That's what. Most dog owner are selfish entitled ASSHOLES! They are worse than todays parents and that is saying a lot! That right. cunts! All you bipolar mental case "my fur baby is gifted" dog owners need to take a long look in the mirror and see what we see! Fat fugly cunts who believe they are above all rules. Grease fire and cancer to all of you!

by Anonymousreply 42May 4, 2021 4:27 AM

So this was a chronic problem with the owner letting the dog out?

I'd go out with a baseball bat strapped across my back and beat the fucking thing's skull in if it approached me.

I've lived in NYC for 25 years and I have two baseball bats - one under the couch, and one by my bed, just in case.

by Anonymousreply 43May 4, 2021 4:29 AM

Guys who own pitbulls are pathetic creatures who have large dogs as penis substitutes. For this reason they rarely neuter them, making the dogs even more dangerous, and they are amused when the dog is aggressive, particularly towards a small dog or a woman, which is why they are inevitably too slow to intervene to prevent attacks. They don't muzzle them for all the above reasons, and it is very rare for them to have control over the dogs even in non-violent situations. They only worry when it actively attacks, because they know that could get it put down. (Not because it could kill the victim.)

I have never seen an exception to this rule. If you think you are, and your dog doesn't come EVERY time you call it no matter what is going on, and it's not muzzled whenever it goes out, then you're not an exception.

I did know one guy with a pitbull who had it trained within an inch of its life. It loved him but was also quite scared of him when he spoke sharply to it. Even so it got into very scary fights with other dogs of similar size from time to time. He would wade straight in, grab its collar, kick it with force if necesssary to make it let go and then sit on it, with the heel of one hand holding its head to the ground. He was a big guy, the kind of build you'd associate with a trucker. That, folks, is what it takes to subdue a dog like that, even when it loves you, so don't spout that shit about the woman being incompetent about protecting herself. No unarmed woman could fight off a grown pitbull. An ordinary sized woman couldn't even break one of its bones without her full weight.

P.S. R17 is a psychopath.

by Anonymousreply 44May 4, 2021 6:46 AM

I'm the biggest dog lover you will ever meet.

Pit bulls should be stricken from the earth.

by Anonymousreply 45May 4, 2021 7:07 AM

I can't stand pitt bull owners who think their dog would never do this. Your precious little pitt bull can snap, like all dogs do, for any reason. Keep the fucking animal leashed at the very least.

by Anonymousreply 46May 4, 2021 7:15 AM

Glad this dangerous breed is banned in my country.

by Anonymousreply 47May 4, 2021 7:17 AM

When are owners of pit bulls who attack going to be imprisoned for this?

by Anonymousreply 48May 4, 2021 7:24 AM

[quote]When are owners of pit bulls who attack going to be imprisoned for this?

It shouldn’t just be limited to pit bull owners but ALL dog owners whose dogs attack.

by Anonymousreply 49May 4, 2021 7:31 AM

True R49. I misspoke.

by Anonymousreply 50May 4, 2021 7:37 AM

In England they brought out a muzzle law for pit bulls in the '90s. Wonder what happened to that law.

by Anonymousreply 51May 4, 2021 7:40 AM

Was this before or after Princess Anne's Staffordshire mauled a small dog in a London Park? Can't recall if the small dog survived.

by Anonymousreply 52May 4, 2021 7:42 AM

A bit off topic, but there's a woman who lets her Doberman off the leash as she walks him along a very popular running/walking path near my house. It's NOT leash free - though there is a fucking dog park a quarter mile down the road.

Every single damn time I turn the corner and come face to face with that Dobbie? I nearly shit my pants. I've begged her to keep the dog on the leash just to keep people (like me) from having a heart attack, but she just laughs and says her dog is gentle. THAT IS NOT THE POINT. Ugh.

Oh, I love dogs btw. Love them. I just know that me, as a runner, might look like a threat. It's so frustrating.

As to the video, that woman shouldn't not be mocked! She saved her little dog from definite death. Good for her.

by Anonymousreply 53May 4, 2021 7:42 AM

The people who had the dogs that killed Diane Whipple would smirk when the dogs were aggressive to people in hallways and elevators. They got a kick from the power and fear the dogs instilled.

by Anonymousreply 54May 4, 2021 10:35 AM

I sympathise with the two previous posters. I don't know how many times I've asked the owner of a big dog that was constantly annoying my smaller dog to call it off, and been flatly refused, with the patronising addition of "He's only trying to be friendly." It's usually men but sometimes women owners too.

I've got to the point where I just snap back, "Yeah, so was Harvey Weinstein."

What I'm really worried about is that when my dog feels really helpless he will snap at the bigger dog. It's always a cautionary snap and doesn't make contact, but some big dogs react like their owners to a snarl and a snap and come back aggressively. If they do, and the smaller dog gets injured, the owner will be quick to say, "Your dog started it." I bet they say "Look what you made me do" when their wife has a black eye, too.

by Anonymousreply 55May 4, 2021 3:18 PM

Jesus, R54. I forgot the Diane Whipple mauling. In her apartment building no less. And the caregivers were attorneys for Aryan Brotherhood members. Crazy.

by Anonymousreply 56May 4, 2021 3:26 PM

And the prosecutor who helped get the owner of the murdering dog convicted was Kimberly Guilfoyle!

by Anonymousreply 57May 4, 2021 4:23 PM

Yeah the Diane Whipple case was crazy and sordid. Two scummy lawyers who were raising the dogs that belonged to their adopted Aryan Brotherhood "son" who was in prison. Taught the dogs to have sex with the wife and sent the pics to said "son".

by Anonymousreply 58May 4, 2021 4:33 PM

Damn... that is truly perverted

by Anonymousreply 59May 4, 2021 4:36 PM

WHAT? I never heard of the sex-with-dogs aspect.

by Anonymousreply 60May 4, 2021 4:37 PM

Yes, R60 it all came out. The dogs were named Bane and Hera. Bane was taught to perform sex acts on Marjorie Knoller.

by Anonymousreply 61May 4, 2021 4:39 PM

A former acquaintance handled the problem by breaking the attacking pit bull's lower jaw, pulling it down and to the side. His hand were cut but he said he hoped the dog ran back home to die from it.

That was last time we spoke.

by Anonymousreply 62May 4, 2021 4:42 PM

R58

Fucking what????!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 63May 4, 2021 4:53 PM

Here's some dog safety advice: If you're ever attacked by a dog or if a dog attacks someone else or your dog do this: Grab the dog by the hind legs and drag it backward. It will immobilize it and it won't be able to bit you or anyone else. Never stick your hands near its mouth. Get behind it and grab the legs.

I've had to do this at the dog park several times when aggressive dogs have attacked other dogs. Works every time.

by Anonymousreply 64May 4, 2021 4:57 PM

This was actually discussed on DL when it happened. Pics of Marjorie and the dog were found by police. One of the theories is that Bane was sexually aroused by Diane Whipple when he attacked her due in large part to him being "sexualized" to human females, if that's a good way to put it.

by Anonymousreply 65May 4, 2021 4:58 PM

“I’ll fight your dog….”

by Anonymousreply 66May 4, 2021 6:24 PM

Even pit mixes shouldn't be trusted. They come in the dog park, we leave.

by Anonymousreply 67May 4, 2021 6:34 PM

R53 If your area has a leash law you should file a police complaint against her.

There is no excuse.

by Anonymousreply 68May 4, 2021 8:30 PM

[quote] Here's some dog safety advice: If you're ever attacked by a dog or if a dog attacks someone else or your dog do this: Grab the dog by the hind legs and drag it backward. It will immobilize it and it won't be able to bit you or anyone else. Never stick your hands near its mouth. Get behind it and grab the legs.

Thanks, R64, that sounds more appealing than surprise anal with a finger. Ugh!

by Anonymousreply 69May 4, 2021 8:34 PM

Yes, the Diana Whipple case was truly bizarre. The two lawyers who lived in her building were Robert Noel and his wife Marjorie Knoller. They were fond of criminals and constantly litigated on behalf of them. They both fell in love with a husky, blonde white supremist named Paul "Cornfed" They ADOPTED him. He was their 'son" but Knoller sent him nude photos of her and handwritten fantasies of them having sex. Schneider. Schneider was doing a life sentence; he wanted to start a dog fighting business from prison and Noel and Knoller helped him to that aim. They obtained a bunch of dogs called Presa Canarios, huge beasts who had been bred to be violent attack dogs. Noel and Knoller were in possession of two of them. They kept the huge animals in a one bedroom apartment. They were amused when the dogs were terrify people and were unconcerned when the dogs actually tried to attack other animals and human beings. Knoller had been walking both dogs without a lease; they encountered Whipple in the hallway, about to go into her apartment after shopping for groceries to make dinner that night. They both attacked her. At the end of it she was nude; they'd tore all her clothes off during the attack. And she had SEVENTY SEVEN lacerations, bites, contusions. and abrasions covering every part of her body. Her cause of death was from loss of blood from multiple traumatic injuries (dog bite wounds)."

Knoller was convicted of second degree murder. The conviction was overturned by some judge, then reinstated. She remains in prison. Her first attempt at parole was turned down; she'll be eligible for parole again in 2022.

Robert Noel did a little jail time for voluntary manslaughter, but not much. He died in 2018.

Imagine that....getting home, minding your own business...and being worn apart by killer dogs. What an insane thing to happen.

by Anonymousreply 70May 4, 2021 8:57 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71May 4, 2021 9:01 PM

Robert Noel fell on hard times. He lost his license and at one point was living out of his van. Karma.

by Anonymousreply 72May 4, 2021 9:03 PM

R71 I actually agree to what that woman is saying but her admitted dislike of all dogs turns me off. She says how nice the world would be without dogs. Not a fan.

by Anonymousreply 73May 4, 2021 9:05 PM

Wow. That dog is persistent.

Whatever she did or didn't do, she's not the problem - it's the dog and its owner.

by Anonymousreply 74May 4, 2021 9:27 PM

R72 karma would be if he was ripped to shreds and left to bleed to death, they were SUCH scum.

by Anonymousreply 75May 4, 2021 9:43 PM

The man who owned the dog that killed Diane Whipple died in 2018 or so. He was disbarred, paroled in 2003, was somehow able to have a German Shepherd service dog. He and his GF/wife did indeed adopt an Aryan Brotherhood gang / prison inmate. He (dog owner) actually had a son who was named after him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76May 4, 2021 9:57 PM

Listen to Miss R6 — the world’s leading authority on surviving pitbull attack.

by Anonymousreply 77May 4, 2021 10:45 PM

Although it was never definitively proven, there was speculation that Marjorie Knoller sexually "experimented" with the killer dogs. She called the female one her "lick therapist." Ewww!

by Anonymousreply 78May 5, 2021 12:06 AM

The dogs that killed Whipple were 140 lbs and 100 lbs. That was 240 lbs that attacked the poor woman.

by Anonymousreply 79May 5, 2021 12:25 AM

All disgusting pit bulls should be culled. This happens again and again.

by Anonymousreply 80May 5, 2021 12:26 AM

'What is the proper thing to do in this situation? I’d be terrified.'

Stick your fingers deep into its eyes with the intention of gouging them out and that will make it let go.

by Anonymousreply 81May 5, 2021 12:28 AM

The dogs that killed Diane Whipple in San Francisco were Presa Canario dogs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82May 5, 2021 12:29 AM

But they are nanny dogs, you know!!!

Pitties have long been known to love babies and shower them with little hugs and doggie kisses.

My little angel gets on well with other doggies. I open the door and let him roam free to find all his little doggy buddies in the neighbourhood. It’s so sweet to see him playing with a cat or a labrador. He gets so enthusiastic, and it’s only ever a problem when other dog owners get involved. I tell them that Fido wouldn’t hurt a fly, but pet owners can be so paranoid!

by Anonymousreply 83May 5, 2021 12:48 AM

Just watched the video. I would have kicked that dog so hard it would likely die. I'm trained in martial arts and I guarantee you it would stop the dog.

by Anonymousreply 84May 5, 2021 1:02 AM

The advice is helpful, but in the case of a fully grown pit or Mastiff or some other powerful breed in full movement, it would be very hard to grab hind legs, gouge eyes, or put a finger up its ass. Those dogs are strong and as soon as you moved your hands towards it it would snap at them.

by Anonymousreply 85May 5, 2021 1:09 AM

Would you guys who carry guns shoot a pitbull dead in this situation? Or even shoot it in the side to get it to let go?

by Anonymousreply 86May 5, 2021 1:12 AM

Dogs go up each other's asses so I doubt this would stop it. Maybe pulling its dick very hard would.

by Anonymousreply 87May 5, 2021 1:13 AM

The lady in the original video did a great job. She saved her dog, and saved herself from serious injury. She had the courage to keep facing that animal, instead of trying to run away, and that probably saved her life.

by Anonymousreply 88May 5, 2021 1:14 AM

R84-that dog would have ripped off your leg.

by Anonymousreply 89May 5, 2021 1:15 AM

Those Presa Canarios at R82 look more like bulls than dogs. They look like monster dogs from some horror movie.

by Anonymousreply 90May 5, 2021 1:16 AM

Ancient breed, R90. What the Romans were walking with into battle. Those and the Cane Corso.

by Anonymousreply 91May 5, 2021 1:18 AM

Put both the dog and his owner down.

by Anonymousreply 92May 5, 2021 1:21 AM

There are many incidents over the years of pitbulls mauling babies and toddlers to death.

by Anonymousreply 93May 5, 2021 1:22 AM

Yes R93. Many stories. All over youtube.

by Anonymousreply 94May 5, 2021 1:25 AM

OK I watched the video and agree with those impressed by the woman saving her dog's life. I remember a huskyX coming for my little dachshund once and doing exactly that: jumping up and trying to bite my dog (who I had picked up and was holding in my arms). The husky wasn't aggressive towards me, only my dog, so I got the fuck out of there (with the husky jumping and snapping the whole time). When we got home my dog was all wet with the other dog's saliva. Very different behaviour from the pitbull in this video, you can see how that combination of raw strength but also persistence is dangerous. It just doesn't let up or move down out of attack mode. I know I wouldn't have been able to fight off a dog that size.

by Anonymousreply 95May 5, 2021 1:25 AM

[quote] Would you guys who carry guns shoot a pitbull dead in this situation? Or even shoot it in the side to get it to let go?

I don’t carry a gun, but yes, I’d shoot to kill any animal that was attacking me or my dog, etc.

by Anonymousreply 96May 5, 2021 1:36 AM

r93, Judge Judy has talked about that many times and she knows dogs.

by Anonymousreply 97May 5, 2021 1:38 AM

One of my son's friends always carries a knife and he stabbed a pitbull who grabbed hold of our Jack Russell. The dog let go but the owner came out screaming and threatening to call the police even though the wound wasn't fatal.

by Anonymousreply 98May 5, 2021 1:56 AM

I think the idea of trying to put your finger up a pit bull's ass to fend off an attack it's laughable. It would probably make the dog want to kill you even more.

by Anonymousreply 99May 5, 2021 2:42 AM

Actually, it would halt its attack, go shifty eyed for several seconds, and then stare off into the distance in deep contemplation....

by Anonymousreply 100May 5, 2021 2:50 AM

Not the story I referenced way up thread, but another finger saving another day!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101May 5, 2021 2:54 AM

If you have a jacket throw it over the dogs head.

by Anonymousreply 102May 5, 2021 11:21 AM

Insist to the Pit Bull that you will take him to Longhorn Steakhouse for a steak dinner of his choice if he will stop the attack immediately!

by Anonymousreply 103May 5, 2021 11:36 AM

Y'all, not that I'm defending them, but I seem to have met a couple of pits that were super friendly. Do you think it's nature v nurture or that they all snap eventually?

by Anonymousreply 104May 5, 2021 11:58 AM

R104, I am sure some pitbulls are wonderful pets if they have a vigilant owner who. Is able to control them. The problem is that there is a good chance that any pitbull will react to an owner by attacking, and if it attacks, it will not stop until you are a pile of blood and bones on the floor.

They are too powerful and too unpredictable to keep as pets, and they are a real risk to any poor stranger they encounter. Personally, I don’t think anyone should have a dog that they cannot physically restrain without much difficulty. That applies to all breeds: dobermans, pitbulls, rottweilers. If you cannot protect others from your dog, you should not have it.

by Anonymousreply 105May 5, 2021 12:15 PM

A millenisl couple on my street recently re-homed their rescue pitbull after it attacked their daughter. She's 12 and it bit her FACE, yet these dimwits didn't put the bastard down. Just foisted it off onto someone else.

I'm sure it will never attack anyone again. Riiiiight....

by Anonymousreply 106May 5, 2021 12:21 PM

*millennial

by Anonymousreply 107May 5, 2021 12:22 PM

I carry a very sharp knife on walks and would stab the shit out of any attacking dog, right in the eyes, the face.

by Anonymousreply 108May 5, 2021 12:27 PM

Fuck you, R14.

by Anonymousreply 109May 5, 2021 12:33 PM

That's because you are a psychopath, R17.

by Anonymousreply 110May 5, 2021 12:34 PM

We have a pitbull across the street/a few houses down. He gets lose, and one person stated via our Hometown Facebook page "Somebody better come and get their pitbull before he catches a bullet!" He was lose once when I was taking my dog out to pee. I hollered across the street to the owner "YOU GOT A HOLD OF THAT DOG?" letting him know he needs to get that dog and get him off the street. He put him in the house, The next day, however, when I brought my dog outside to pee, the man's son was on their porch with the front door wide open calling to the dog "Come on boy - come on out!" repeatedly - fucking with me, right? Yeah. Considering recent developments, I have absolutely NO DOUBT that the man had told the boy to do that to me - NO DOUBT! Now, about 10 days ago, some man from the County with County license plates came to their house and spoke with the man, handing him some sort of a notice. The woman across the street, who calls and reports absolutely EVERYONE for a variety of reasons called and reported the issue with the dog because it was one of her tenants who was being harassed by the pitbull - NO DOUBT. They think it was me, and I don't mind. Guess who probably lied and told them it was ME - the lady who reported it - NO DOUBT.

by Anonymousreply 111May 5, 2021 12:37 PM

That dog had to have been reported before and more than once for the county to take action.

by Anonymousreply 112May 5, 2021 1:06 PM

R111 Man, when I was younger--and stupider-- I used to HATE the idea of a "Ms. Kravitz" but now that I'm older and a homeowner, I appreciate them so FUCKING much. I live next door to one and that bitch is on IT. Always in her front yard, working in her garden, and just scooping shit out. And if something doesn't look right, we get an update.

by Anonymousreply 113May 5, 2021 1:09 PM

^scoping^ my bad.

by Anonymousreply 114May 5, 2021 1:11 PM

My step-father is a male Gladys Kravitz. He retired way before my mom and is always outside puttering around in his yard and nothing gets past him.

by Anonymousreply 115May 5, 2021 4:07 PM

The presence of mind of the woman to scoop up her dog and save it. Horrible attack on the woman. What motherfucker lets a dangerous weapon out to run free to attack and kill?? The guy in the shorts looks like the owner. Pit Bulls need to be fazed out and eliminated. I hate them..don't care how "cute" they may appear to be on instagram. They're killers.

by Anonymousreply 116May 5, 2021 4:49 PM

This is exactly why I don't take my dogs out in public. Dog parks, beaches, and parks are a recipe for tears. My dogs don't need friends. Our household is all the interaction my dogs need. People are assholes and don't give a shit about you.

by Anonymousreply 117May 5, 2021 5:00 PM

I love dogs but I hate 'Pittie Protectors' and advocates. I don't think they should be kept as pets.

by Anonymousreply 118May 5, 2021 5:00 PM

Some of you just want a excuse to stick your fingers up some dogs ass.

I see you.

by Anonymousreply 119May 5, 2021 5:10 PM

[quote]Those men were absolutely useless. The woman has no self preservation skills either.

What the fuck are you talking about, that woman saved her dog and wasn't killed in the process, the guy had no weapon. That dog was completely out of control and in attack mode. They could have both been killed. You have no idea what a pitpull can do. I do.

by Anonymousreply 120May 5, 2021 5:12 PM

The one guy in blue looks like some sort of security guard. Too bad he didn't have a weapon.

by Anonymousreply 121May 5, 2021 5:17 PM

That dog could have easily maimed or killed that woman.

by Anonymousreply 122May 5, 2021 5:18 PM

R7...Yes..a muzzle should be a requirement anytime a Pit Bull is out, even when walking them. How hard is that??

by Anonymousreply 123May 5, 2021 5:22 PM

Under the circumstances, the woman reacted great...grabbing her dog and putting it on a higher ground, like a patio..fighting off the dog as best she could. No one knows how they'll react until it happens to them, which you hope you never see that day.

by Anonymousreply 124May 5, 2021 5:29 PM

I second what R124 states, and I'll add that no one really knows just how horrific a full fledged Pit Bull attack actually can be. It's true that their jaws lock and they do not let go until their prey is dead - if they get ahold of the throat? Forget it. This is why people need a sure-fire way to get a Pit Bull to release. And it's true - people DON'T care, and some of them are secretly satisfied by the damage their dogs will do.

by Anonymousreply 125May 5, 2021 5:35 PM

That's me above. Although I've been posting throughout this thread, I just worked up the nerve to view the video. That's a damned shame, and I hope that dog was put down AND the owner made to pay financially. That was a French Bulldog - at least it appears to be one to me. No way that baby would have been able to defend itself against the Pit Bull. It's a fucking shame, but it's also true - you need a weapon to venture outside your own home these days for people and animals.

by Anonymousreply 126May 5, 2021 5:45 PM

I am a dog lover at heart but I do not like pit bulls, they make me anxious because they are so unpredictable. I don’t see them in my neighborhood thankfully. The breed ownership for the general public should be banned. The only people handling these dogs should be professional breeders for showing purposes, not as pets.

If you visit any shelter or pound the majority are pits or pit mixes.

by Anonymousreply 127May 5, 2021 5:50 PM

^^That's why I won't go to a shelter as that's basically all there is. Not a dog owner...love them though. There's no way I would own a pit..or have a dog with any pit blood/aggression in them. Makes you wonder why most rescue dogs are pit bulls. People can't handle them and bring them in.

by Anonymousreply 128May 5, 2021 5:59 PM

Dog rescues and shelters need to quietly institute the final solution for all Pit Bulls.

by Anonymousreply 129May 5, 2021 9:22 PM

As someone who used to believe all the anti-pitbull propaganda until I moved in with my partner and his pit bulls, this thread is fucking wild. I bought into every stupid conspiracy theory about how they're all inherently untrainable, highly aggressive by nature, prone to "snapping" and attacking without warning, etc. It wasn't until I actually lived with them that I gradually began to realize they're just regular dogs.

I'm not trying to change anyone's mind, since I know full well that anyone who tries to go against the anti-pit circle jerk is automatically labeled a "pit nutter" and dismissed. I just have to point out how completely fucking insane many of the posters in this thread sound. For instance, I have a hard time believing that R26 genuinely thinks pit bulls are no more domesticated than wolves or coyotes. That's clearly an absurd thing to say, but people who are already emotionally committed to hating pit bulls just eat it up anyway. Then you've got shit like the video R71 posted, which I was actually willing to listen to with an open mind until the narrator spent the first minute explaining that she won't use pictures of ANY dogs (not just pit bulls) in any of her videos because they're all "monstrous" looking, and the mere sight of any dog at all "sickens" her. Does that really sound like a mentally stable person who has anything of impartial value to add to a discussion about dogs?

Btw, my dogs have never once tried to bite any person or dog (even when the neighbor's shitty little Jack Russell terrier attacked & bit one of them, completely unprovoked). They are *always* kept on a secure, short leash, and they know that if they so much as growl at a squirrel, they're in big trouble. Sorry to everyone in this thread who just can't wait to find themselves in a situation where they can live out their fantasy of violently hurting and/or killing a dog. My dogs will be leashed and we'll be minding our own business, staying far the fuck away from freaks who enjoy fantasizing about pepper spraying a dog.

by Anonymousreply 130May 5, 2021 9:42 PM

Famous last words at R130.

by Anonymousreply 131May 5, 2021 9:45 PM

R131's rant is like saying there are good Trumpers, they are just misunderstood.

by Anonymousreply 132May 5, 2021 9:47 PM

All dogs can bite and be aggressive. The difference is...a dog can bite or snap, break skin and do some damage. A pit bull will bite, grab and hold on with their powerful jaws...and won't let go. They will shake and try to rip the victim apart. They are relentless in their urge to kill. Again, all dog breeds are capable of killing, but you would have a better chance of not dying, than with a pit.

by Anonymousreply 133May 5, 2021 9:49 PM

R130 is the dog of peace!

by Anonymousreply 134May 5, 2021 9:50 PM

Dogs of peace ripping off the bumper of a cop car.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 135May 5, 2021 9:51 PM

I would never trust a pit bull.....ever.

by Anonymousreply 136May 5, 2021 9:51 PM

[quote]Then you've got shit like the video [R71] posted, which I was actually willing to listen to with an open mind until the narrator spent the first minute explaining that she won't use pictures of ANY dogs (not just pit bulls) in any of her videos because they're all "monstrous" looking, and the mere sight of any dog at all "sickens" her. Does that really sound like a mentally stable person who has anything of impartial value to add to a discussion about dogs?

I agree on this. The woman sounds like real nutter.

by Anonymousreply 137May 5, 2021 9:52 PM

In what way, R132? There are no good Trumpers; supporting that asshole is an individual choice. Dogs don't get to choose which breed they are.

by Anonymousreply 138May 5, 2021 9:55 PM

[quote]supporting that asshole is an individual choice.

Buying that breed is an individual choice. Bringing that breed around children, babies, people, and other animals is an individual choice.

by Anonymousreply 139May 5, 2021 9:57 PM

Assholes own pitbulls.

by Anonymousreply 140May 5, 2021 9:58 PM

This is why you get a permit to carry a gun. Not to protect yourself from people, but to shoot aggressive breeds, like this garbage pit-bull, in the head.

by Anonymousreply 141May 5, 2021 9:58 PM

Holy shit @ R17 video! That dog was literally eating the car...grabbing on the front fender, not letting go! That MF ripped it off completely...wow. Imagine that happening to a dog, child or any person.

by Anonymousreply 142May 5, 2021 10:10 PM

There's a lot of thug mentality among people now. It was always there...especially with gangs and urban settings. Now...it's expanded to all parts of suburbia, rural areas not normally associated with that. Not to beat a dead horse, but I blame a lot of it on trump, who is a thug and his behavior drew in a lot of people...even people you would never expect. Now...there's a lot of wannabe badasses out there...trying to look and act out their inner thugness.

by Anonymousreply 143May 5, 2021 10:16 PM

^^A lot of pit owners^^

by Anonymousreply 144May 5, 2021 10:17 PM

That’s exactly it R143. It’s all about a persona.

by Anonymousreply 145May 5, 2021 10:19 PM

Oops...that was video at R135...not 17...

by Anonymousreply 146May 5, 2021 10:25 PM

If you have the stomach for it, and I don't, then go to YouTube and see the great number of videos to pop up after searching "Pitbull attack"

by Anonymousreply 147May 5, 2021 10:54 PM

Can I have your stuff, r130?

by Anonymousreply 148May 6, 2021 12:13 AM

You're welcome to take all my non-bloodstained stuff after this vicious dog finishes me off, R148. I'm not sure why I ever let her in the house. She's basically a wild coyote.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 149May 6, 2021 12:43 AM

Oh, r149, to be perfectly honest, that dog must be a saint! - If you dressed me in that garment, I would definitely bite you!

by Anonymousreply 150May 6, 2021 1:29 AM

R149 - I personally wouldn't own a pitbull (because I am a pretty wimpy person irl and wouldn't own any dog I wasn't confident I could physically control - which as a physically weak AND wimpy person restricts me to small breeds) but I've noticed there are certain topics people like to bring up online to get everyone frothing at the mouth. Pitbulls are one of them. About a year ago there was a brief fad for adoption (like, of human children) and a bunch of right wingers convinced it was unnatural and fucked up and it always turned into a fucking bloodbath whenever anyone brought it up.

Also the Malcolm Gladwell article (I think?) about "dangerous" dog breeds. Why does no one ever post that anymore when we're jerking ourselves into a frenzy over [latest bad thing].

by Anonymousreply 151May 6, 2021 1:32 AM

Pits seem friendly because they have no fear of humans so will go right up to you and start playing/roughhousing etc. Staffies and bulldogs are the same. However the flip side of this is that they will attack fearlessly too.

by Anonymousreply 152May 6, 2021 1:33 AM

Here kitty kitty 🤡

by Anonymousreply 153May 6, 2021 1:41 AM

My friend's husband brought home what looks to me like a pit bull mix. I was petting the dog (not full-grown yet) and I could feel the strength and power in its neck. Plus, it started biting on my ankles. I didn't like it at all. I also really hate when people rough-house with a dog. It's so trashy.

Anyway, friend's dog got loose and bit someone in the neighborhood. Friend's husband got criminally charged.

by Anonymousreply 154May 6, 2021 1:53 AM

You're not wrong, R150. The pink sweater was a Christmas gift from my partner's mom, but I still deserve maximum brutality for making her wear it.

by Anonymousreply 155May 6, 2021 2:04 AM

R148 You beat me to it, would you mind sharing as long as it’s not the ugly dog sweater.

by Anonymousreply 156May 6, 2021 2:14 AM

R93 Pit bulls are also known as free after-birth abortions for rednecks.

by Anonymousreply 157May 6, 2021 7:32 AM

Sorry to hear your friend's husband has a little dick, R154.

by Anonymousreply 158May 6, 2021 2:31 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 159May 6, 2021 2:40 PM

I saw that R159. The dog was okay, thankfully.

by Anonymousreply 160May 6, 2021 2:51 PM

Sometimes I feel like I need a concealed carry permit so I can be strapped for a vicious pit bull attack more so than a human. You want a way to stop a pit from mauling you to death? Put a couple .44 rounds in it.

by Anonymousreply 161May 6, 2021 3:03 PM

R130 is hypnotized by the tiny dick of his partner.

by Anonymousreply 162May 6, 2021 3:10 PM

I like r1’s idea.

by Anonymousreply 163May 6, 2021 4:56 PM

During the pandemic and being stuck at home more than usual, I've been watching a lot of animal videos on YouTube. There's a scary, very discouraging number of mainstream channels (like The DoDo) that heavily feature "sweet" pitbull videos. It's unbelievable how many people let those monster dogs cuddle not just with them but with their children and babies.

by Anonymousreply 164May 6, 2021 5:45 PM

Nah, R1. There is no reason to keep pitbulls for zoos. Eradicate them all.

by Anonymousreply 165May 6, 2021 5:46 PM

2 questions

How the fuck did a pitbull end up in the professional dog show in r159’s video?

Aside for legitimate reasons to guard their homes, any theories on the psychology of dog lovers who prefer dangerous dog breeds like pit bulls?

by Anonymousreply 166May 6, 2021 7:23 PM

I have a SIL who fosters problem Pits and she's a saver and supporter of underdogs. "those poor babies are just misunderstood and need someone to understand them". So far all's good but we are just waiting for a phone call.

The others are people who want a tough, macho dog that instills fear.

by Anonymousreply 167May 6, 2021 7:28 PM

Pit bulls are a recognized dog breed and participate in well respected dog shows. There is nothing odd about that. The issue is that the general public is buying and breeding this volatile and aggressive dog breed that should only be handled by professionals.

by Anonymousreply 168May 6, 2021 7:31 PM

Pit bull owners:

1. Flex mentality. Also more likely to own a lifted truck. Want to show off.

2. Rescuer mentality. "Dates" prison inmates as well.

3. Delusional / Unique Individuals: Similar to people who own snakes that require live food.

by Anonymousreply 169May 6, 2021 9:11 PM

This gay loves his three-legged pittie

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 170May 6, 2021 9:35 PM

Like pit bull in the dog show at R159, R168?

by Anonymousreply 171May 7, 2021 12:26 AM

The hairless dogs like bulls, pits, staffies are not for me. I love long haired gentle dogs like Shelties and spaniels.

by Anonymousreply 172May 7, 2021 12:38 AM

This is beauty.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 173May 7, 2021 12:49 AM

Golden Retrievers are wonderful dogs, too. All labs are a nice breed of dogs.

by Anonymousreply 174May 7, 2021 4:52 PM

r174, I agree. I’ve never heard a bad thing about golden retrievers and labs. They’re a beautiful breed.

That’s another thing about pit bulls. They’re just ugly, even as puppies.

by Anonymousreply 175May 7, 2021 5:16 PM

There is plenty wrong about that, R168.

by Anonymousreply 176May 7, 2021 6:10 PM

I've been following this thread for some time. I often read the pit threads because I detest them so much. The rank and file pit is not like the ones shown on your social media stream--they're outliers, and who knows how soon they turn after the particular golden moment.

So, a few minutes ago, I got in the house after a walk. I heard a commotion outside and noticed a man walking his leashed German Sheperd. A small pit was attacking both of them, running around. The Shepard stayed mostly still and next to his owner. Soon after, a fat white trash guy ran after the pit, struggled to catch it for a few moments, then sort of sat on it, and gave it a few smacks to its head for good measure. He and his friend carried the dog into the house and shut the door. Obviously, the dog somehow had a sliver of opportunity when the guy and his German Shepard walked past.

That's why whenever I'm on foot or biking (unless in a super nice neighborhood), I am constantly aware of any car door that suddenly opens, or a screen door when someone is getting the mail, etc....because I've seen and experienced the pits getting out.

To those who say it's not JUST the pits, then I'd add those dogs to the euthanized list.

by Anonymousreply 177May 7, 2021 6:28 PM

Thank god this aggressive and dangerous breed is banned in my country.

by Anonymousreply 178May 7, 2021 7:04 PM

^^You're lucky. Other countries seem to be more advanced in common sense than the USA.

by Anonymousreply 179May 7, 2021 9:08 PM

Tiger King was basically a case study in the type of people who are attracted to Pit Bulls: trashy proles overcompensating for insecurities about masculinity like Joe Exotic or megalomaniacal rank amateur Jane Goodalls like Carole Baskin.

by Anonymousreply 180May 7, 2021 9:49 PM

Shit like this is another reason I think people who wear earbuds with music constantly playing are idiots. I've never understood people who HAVE to have some kind of noise playing. It's dangerous you are out in public to not hear approaching footsteps or cars, etc.

by Anonymousreply 181May 8, 2021 2:30 PM

R180 no sexism please. There are also female pit bull owners. Do they have insecurities about femininity?

by Anonymousreply 182May 9, 2021 6:28 AM

That pit was lucky that the German Shepherd was well trained and didn't turn round and kill it.

by Anonymousreply 183May 10, 2021 1:21 AM

Both the ownership and breeding of pit bulls were banned in the UK by the Dangerous Dogs Act of 1991. Why doesn't the US follow suit?

by Anonymousreply 184May 10, 2021 1:22 AM

R184 Because Redneck’s freedom to be dangerous trumps public safety.

by Anonymousreply 185May 10, 2021 2:00 AM

R194 For the same reason the US won't outlaw guns, it's their "God given right".

by Anonymousreply 186May 10, 2021 2:02 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!