Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

DL fave/plus size model Tess Holliday announces that she's anorexic

Poor thing. I hope she recovers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84May 8, 2021 4:55 AM

Hey, Tess.

You can't have it both weighs.

As we say at the DL.

by Anonymousreply 1May 3, 2021 1:49 PM

Because science!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2May 3, 2021 1:53 PM

R2 The DSM-5 literally lists having a low body weight as the first symptom of Anorexia Nervosa.

by Anonymousreply 3May 3, 2021 1:58 PM

Stop it, smart asses, she self-identifies as anorexic therefore she is

by Anonymousreply 4May 3, 2021 2:00 PM

R4 My sister was actually diagnosed with Anorexia in college. She insisted that she was "fat" when she looked like a skin covered skeleton.

by Anonymousreply 5May 3, 2021 2:02 PM

If someone restricts their eating most of the time and goes on massive binges every once in a while, then their weight could still be above normal while they’re technically suffering from anorexia.

But you don’t get to be the size of an adult tiger by restricting your intake. Something doesn’t add up here.

by Anonymousreply 6May 3, 2021 2:03 PM

No, R6, that's just a binging disorder. Anorexics don't binge--at least not without immediate purging. And if they do that regularly enough they're bulimics, not anorexics.

by Anonymousreply 7May 3, 2021 2:06 PM

I remember when I turned 16 a friend gave me a birthday card with a fat lady on it eating cake with the saying “ANOREXIA? WHERE CAN I GET SOME??”

by Anonymousreply 8May 3, 2021 2:06 PM

[quote] If someone restricts their eating most of the time and goes on massive binges every once in a while, then their weight could still be above normal while they’re technically suffering from anorexia.

Read it again R6:

[quote] The DSM-5 literally lists having a low body weight as the first symptom of Anorexia Nervosa.

Tess might have BED but not anorexia.

by Anonymousreply 9May 3, 2021 2:06 PM

Also, for anorexics, what would be considered a "binge" would usually barely be considered a meal to most.

by Anonymousreply 10May 3, 2021 2:07 PM

Doesn't this bitch mean bulimia?

I wish her well, but I still demand accuracy from attention whores proclaiming illness.

by Anonymousreply 11May 3, 2021 2:09 PM

This is some Grade A Fat Logic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12May 3, 2021 2:15 PM

No, there was a revision in the criteria for anorexia and body weight is not included anymore.

DSM-5 Criteria for Anorexia Nervosa A person must meet all of the current DSM criteria to be diagnosed with anorexia nervosa:

Restriction of food intake leading to weight loss or a failure to gain weight resulting in a "significantly low body weight" of what would be expected for someone's age, sex, and height.

Fear of becoming fat or gaining weight. Have a distorted view of themselves and of their condition (Examples of this might include the person thinking that they are overweight when they are actually underweight, or believing that they will gain weight from eating one single meal. A person with anorexia might also not believe there is a problem with being at a low body weight; these thoughts are known to professionals as "distortions.")

The DSM-5 also allows professionals to specify subcategories of anorexia nervosa:5

Restricting type: This is a subtype typically associated with the stereotypical view of anorexia nervosa. The person does not regularly engage in binge eating.​

Binge-eating/purging type: The person regularly engages in binge eating and purging behaviors, such as self-induced vomiting and/or the misuse of laxatives or diuretics. The binge eating/purging subtype is similar to bulimia nervosa, however, there is no weight-loss criterion for bulimia nervosa. As in previous editions of the DSM, anorexia nervosa "trumps" bulimia nervosa, meaning that if a person meets criteria for both anorexia nervosa and bulimia nervosa, then anorexia nervosa (binge-eating/purging type) is diagnosed.

by Anonymousreply 13May 3, 2021 2:18 PM

I'm anorexic too!

Do NOT interrupt my JOY! You are EXHAUSTING!

by Anonymousreply 14May 3, 2021 2:20 PM

“The low weight criterion was revised to allow more subjectivity and clinical judgment.”

Amenorrhea was also removed from the list, otherwise men wouldn’t be diagnosed with anorexia.

by Anonymousreply 15May 3, 2021 2:21 PM

R13 It's literally the first criteria on the list:

"Restriction of food intake leading to weight loss or a failure to gain weight resulting in a "significantly low body weight" of what would be expected for someone's age, sex, and height."

by Anonymousreply 16May 3, 2021 2:23 PM

It says there's no weight loss criterion for bulimia nervosa, not for anorexia. Which means if you're binging/purging, you're only a binge/purge type anorexic if your bing/purge behavior is resulting in a significantly low body weight.

by Anonymousreply 17May 3, 2021 2:29 PM

R14 and R16 I looked at my copy. The first criteria is "persistent restriction of energy intake leading to significantly low body weight."

The subtypes must also fit within the criteria. The binge eating type must also have a "low body weight."

by Anonymousreply 18May 3, 2021 2:35 PM

R18 right, this is what I'm saying. So what's all this business about body weight no longer being included in the DSM-5 criteria. It very clearly is.

Who's leading this bitch to believe her body weight is "significantly low"?

by Anonymousreply 19May 3, 2021 2:39 PM

I'm worried I'll waste away to nothing!

But I am seizing control of my narrative! I am the author of the dictionary that defines me!

by Anonymousreply 20May 3, 2021 2:40 PM

R17 Bulimics are just considered gross and don't get the attention that anorexics gets, so the types like Tess here would never claim that.

I don't think she has bulimic either. I think she's a garden variety binge eater and is using claims of "anorexia" to shield herself from criticism about being obese.

by Anonymousreply 21May 3, 2021 2:40 PM

If she’s anorexic, then I declare bankruptcy!!!

by Anonymousreply 22May 3, 2021 2:41 PM

I mean bulimia, not bulimic

by Anonymousreply 23May 3, 2021 2:41 PM

She is "anorexic" for attention. I thought this grotesque trailer park trash had disappeared.

by Anonymousreply 24May 3, 2021 2:43 PM

R21 150%

This HAES bullshit makes me fucking wheeze with rage--even more than the "non-binaries".

by Anonymousreply 25May 3, 2021 2:45 PM

She seems THRILLED to be getting attention for BED, her "SHINE?" WTAF? Sounds like a narcissist.

by Anonymousreply 26May 3, 2021 2:46 PM

We're normalizing men in dresses and obesity, it's a really sad state of affairs.

by Anonymousreply 27May 3, 2021 4:15 PM

R27 is committing LITERAL VIOLENCE!

by Anonymousreply 28May 3, 2021 4:27 PM

You can be diagnosed with anorexia before you look like Karen Carpenter you dumb fucks. People can stop eating and start losing weight but appear the same, especially with the obese. Could you tell the difference between someone that weighs 350 and someone who weighs 300? If they lost that 50 pounds rapidly and fit all the other criteria, they could be diagnosed with anorexia.

But it's DL, so everyone is skinny under their caftans here.

by Anonymousreply 29May 3, 2021 5:32 PM

Going from 350 to 300 rapidly is not the same as the mental illness affecting real anorexics, who will lose a significant amount of weight from an already thin body. To suggest that going from obese to slightly less obese is comparable is ludicrous.

by Anonymousreply 30May 3, 2021 5:41 PM

I AM VERY VERY SPECIAL AND FRAGILE AND YOU ALL NEED TO ACKNOWLEDGE THAT FACT. AFFIRM ME. AFFIRM ME!

by Anonymousreply 31May 3, 2021 6:46 PM

R29 No. No you can't. Because the qualifying criteria of anorexia nervosa according to the DSM-5 requires a significantly low body weight for the patient's age, sex, and height. Someone who used to weigh 350 lbs and now weighs 300 lbs is someone that still needs to lose another 100 lbs. A 350 lb person believing they need to lose a drastic amount of weight is not mentally ill...they're right.

by Anonymousreply 32May 3, 2021 8:52 PM

She responded to naysayers claiming that it's a "technical diagnosis." Whatever that is.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33May 3, 2021 11:48 PM

She’s not anorexic she’s a graduate of the Demi Lovato “disorder of the week Club”. Bitches want attention so they go for the afflictions they know I one will question in this woke world. Tess Holliday is the polar opposite of what an anorexic is. She definitely has an eating disorder, she’s clearly unable to stop eating herself into a human elephant. She probably needed to use that to justify her losing some weight (classic Hollywood ploy , create a disorder or disease to distract from the real shit happening which is either Addiction, Cancer or Surgery) She’s most likely losing weight to ready herself for Gastric Sleeve . She know her (loaf of) Bread and (pound of) Butter is her Fat loving Fans so she can’t let them think she’s done with being Obese or she’ll lose her following (money) so she needs to conjure up something else .

by Anonymousreply 34May 4, 2021 12:12 AM

I mean if she wants to call herself anorexic let her have it.

by Anonymousreply 35May 4, 2021 12:14 AM

R4 i was joking. Anybody claims to identify as something nowadays and nobody is allowed to question them or else they will accuse you of rejecting “my truth” and all “victims need to be believed”.

by Anonymousreply 36May 4, 2021 12:19 AM

r34 Yep. She was pansexual/ queer while with her pansexual fat chaser husband. She has a million other issues and sex abuse stuff. She jumped on METOO etc. She is just an attention whore.

by Anonymousreply 37May 4, 2021 12:32 AM

Even if she were anorexic which I doubt why would she share this with Twitter instead of a trained professional?

by Anonymousreply 38May 4, 2021 2:04 AM

OMG, she's practically wasting away. Someone please make her sandwich!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39May 4, 2021 3:28 AM

I smell feet, no, ass and pussy in r39’s pic.

How does she wipe?

by Anonymousreply 40May 4, 2021 4:02 AM

I don't give a shit what she looks like or who finds her body sexy. But the Tess Hollidays and Lizzos (like all leaders of the HAES movement) are snake oil salesman--as reprehensible as people who convince cancer patients to forego chemo and radiation in favor of whatever mishigas diet program or salve they're peddling . They are selling a fatal lie to impressionable and easily exploitable young women who are just desperate for validation and acceptance and raking in money for it. Years ago, the only way women like Holliday were able to capitalize on their obesity was via low rent fetish modeling and feeder forums, but once they realized how much more money there was in the self-help/women's empowerment/influencer market they seized the opportunity. And they're laughing their way to the bank as the bodies pile up.

by Anonymousreply 41May 4, 2021 4:28 AM

Ok - just because you starve yourself after gorging doesn't mean you're anorexic.

Skipping lunch is not anorexic.

I'm tired of being forced to accept other people's realities that so clearly conflict with what I see with my own mothafucking eyes. Add this one to the list.

by Anonymousreply 42May 4, 2021 4:33 AM

I declined that fifth slice of pizza I usually have. I am anorexic.

by Anonymousreply 43May 4, 2021 4:47 AM

Well if she is anorexic she has clearly well and truly beaten it a long time ago like this guy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44May 4, 2021 6:17 AM

I’m not sure if Tess is telling the truth or just looking for clicks. But I think it’s common to be anorexic & bulimia concurrently. Wasn’t Karen carpenter both?

by Anonymousreply 45May 4, 2021 6:26 AM

R45 Does Tess Holliday look anything like Karen Carpenter to you?

Yes, most anorexics "binge" and purge at some point (it's next to impossible to be a gold star anorexic for very long). But their binges look nothing like a binge eater or bulimic's typical binge, which can be as high as 10,000 calories in a single sitting, and 20,000 calories in an 8-hour period. An anorectic binge is generally no more than 500-1,000 calories (and usually far fewer), and it would be immediately purged, followed by grueling exercise regimes and days of punishing restriction, which means their "binges" will effectively result in more weight loss than had they never binged at all. Whereas a bulimic's binges are typically far too large and last too long to ever completely be eliminated via purging, which is why even the most dedicated bulimics rarely become thin enough to raise alarm, and some even gain weight. Binge eaters, of course, never eliminate any of the calories taken in during their binges and so only become larger and larger. They may occasionally attempt to punish themselves with a day of restrictive eating, but few can make it longer than that because like bulimics, binges are their only mechanism for numbing pain. Tess is without question, of this ilk.

I was a severe bulimic (2-8 purges a day on average) for over 17 years and my sister was (and still is) a binge/purge anorexic. We were both in and out of hospitals and out-patient programs for much of our high school and college years and individual therapy for years after. I know what anorexia looks like, and I guarantee you that Tess Holliday is NO recognized iteration of it. She appears to be a classic binge eater. Perhaps she was an anorexic for a short time as an adolescent or young teen but there is no recognizably anorectic behavior patterns in her current eating disorder. My mother was a binge/purge anorexic all throughout her teens and 20's and eventually became a pure binge eater in her 50's and 60's (and is now about 70 lbs overweight), so that does happen. But it would be laughable, and frankly delusional, for my mom to still categorize herself as an anorexic.

by Anonymousreply 46May 4, 2021 8:07 AM

Tess is fucking crazy as well as dangerously fat.

by Anonymousreply 47May 4, 2021 8:28 AM

She gives anorexia a bad name.

by Anonymousreply 48May 4, 2021 8:31 AM

Anorexics perceive themselves as fat despite being very thin, if not skeletal. Their food restriction is about control, not necessarily weight.

by Anonymousreply 49May 4, 2021 10:55 AM

I wonder why she feels the need to lie about *which* eating disorder she has. Is anorexia considered the chic one?

by Anonymousreply 50May 4, 2021 1:15 PM

R46 very well said. Thanks for sharing your story, can’t be easy for you.

When he was a teen, my cousin starved himself to within about 3% of death, due to some sort of temporary schizophrenic episode. He was obviously self-harming, too. But all the time he declared that he was healthy, compos mentis, and did not need help. We had to have him sectioned twice and hospitalised three times over the course of 18 months before he broke down and admitted that there was a serious problem. Turned out he’d been restricting and gradually falling deeper into the disease for a few years before it became too frighteningly obvious to overlook.

You’re correct that severe anorexia is hard to miss.

by Anonymousreply 51May 4, 2021 1:15 PM

[quote] it’s near-impossible to be a gold-star anorexic for very long

It is? Wow, I must be naturally gifted.

by Anonymousreply 52May 4, 2021 1:17 PM

Tess Holliday is our generations Karen carpenter. I sincerely hope she gets the help she needs before she wastes away to nothing.

by Anonymousreply 53May 5, 2021 1:55 AM

Tess regularly drove hours during the pandemic to buy and consume entire champagne cakes. She is incredibly stoned 24 hours a day and has constant munchies and I doubt she can puke being that stoned literally all the time.

by Anonymousreply 54May 5, 2021 2:20 AM

I was just pooped!

by Anonymousreply 55May 5, 2021 2:33 AM

Is today Opposite Day?

by Anonymousreply 56May 5, 2021 2:46 AM

SO BRAVE. Actually I WISH I was anorexic or had the guts to be bulimic. I've gained a lot of weight during covid. I'm a nervous, stress eater and drinker. I"ll even eat ASS during this and I hate eating ass. Throw some hot sauce or sugar rim a twat, I'd probably eat that too - especially if I could rinse it down with a martini.

by Anonymousreply 57May 5, 2021 2:46 AM

Tess is coming out with a new fragrance this year.

Top notes will be buttercream frosting, cheez whiz and shit.

Middle notes crisco, dirty feet, bean burritos and gunt roll

Bottom notes will be hamburger pussy mayonnaise and vomit

by Anonymousreply 58May 5, 2021 2:53 AM

#metoo

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59May 5, 2021 3:06 AM

She doesn't have anorexia, she has Binge Eating Disorder, which is an actual disorder as well. She is deluding herself. However, one is not "better" than the other. They both suck. And they both can lead to death.

by Anonymousreply 60May 5, 2021 4:19 AM

she always came across super fake to me.

by Anonymousreply 61May 5, 2021 4:41 AM

She's a fat fuck. You don't need to run through any medical journal to know it. She is. Yes, there are some people who are just destined to be fat. Fine.

What we are seeing in this day and age is not just anything. There is something going on that doesn't need to be labeled. Anyone who with eyes that existed before the 90s knows there has been a dramatic change in average weight. What it is, what is causing it, is anyone's guess. Yes, overeating is a thing, but there has to be something else going on.

by Anonymousreply 62May 5, 2021 4:46 AM

I have important medical news to share: I have just been diagnosed as severely, chronically, irreparably anorexic. This is a devastating moment for me, so please understand if I am away from my social media for several minutes.

by Anonymousreply 63May 5, 2021 4:49 AM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 64May 5, 2021 4:52 AM

She must be joking, right? I only wish I had as big of a bowel movement she must have everyday from all that junk food she puts down her hole. I’d save so much money on laxatives if I did!

by Anonymousreply 65May 5, 2021 5:02 AM

She’s a failure.

by Anonymousreply 66May 5, 2021 6:54 AM

R62 on a serious tip, my theory is that it’s plastics in the food chain. That, or soy lecithins in most store-bought food.

Not excusing the deathfat compulsive eaters, but janky is up when even people who restrict and exercise look significantly bigger than those who did the same decades before...

by Anonymousreply 67May 5, 2021 8:33 AM

She must be so stupid to spout this off without consulting the diagnostic criteria. Makes her look like a fool, which she is..

by Anonymousreply 68May 5, 2021 8:41 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69May 5, 2021 1:15 PM

I can hit up multiple drive-thrus in 2 hours, that's why, R69.

by Anonymousreply 70May 6, 2021 3:07 AM

Junk food has become an everyday option rather than a treat type scenario. Also processed food like sauces are packed full of sugar and crap and they are often seen as the easy option when cooking, rather than making everything with fresh vegetables. I can't speak to price, as I'm not in the USA, but all the thin people I know cook from scratch with fresh produce and most of the fat people I know don't take the time or have the motivation to cook properly and eat lots of junk and processed food as a result.

by Anonymousreply 71May 6, 2021 4:06 AM

Just watch “My 600 Lb Life,” masses of fast food is all they eat.

by Anonymousreply 72May 6, 2021 4:25 AM

Join the club, Tess. My anorexia leaves me completely exhausted.

by Anonymousreply 73May 6, 2021 4:28 AM

Her social media is full of her food gorging. Like Rescue Chick said-driving multiple times just for cake. She made one trip the Madonna Inn just for cake fairly recently. She also showed off her freezer stuffed full of that Jeni's ice cream.

by Anonymousreply 74May 6, 2021 4:55 AM

And let me guess, she and and all of her followers are environmentalists, and shake their meaty fists at the others that should do something about global warming caused by capitalism... Oh, except that type of consumerism... The type that requires more food to fill their fat maws, the type that requires reinforced and extra wide seating, which requires more materials, more man hours, more money, and on and on all to accommodate their extra special and fierce bodies. But everyone else is the problem. Yeah. Keep shaking your fat fists, bitches.

by Anonymousreply 75May 6, 2021 5:09 AM

So now that she's learning to love herself and to giver herself to become a glutton, I guess the next press release will be when a JCB is removing her from her house to take her to hospital for gastric banding.

by Anonymousreply 76May 6, 2021 5:16 AM

I just looked at her Instagram. I don't understand at all.

WHERE is she anorexic? She isn't. She's grossly obese and the size of a house.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77May 6, 2021 5:54 AM

R72 that shows exhausts me to even watch for a minute. It must take a special kind of obsessive zombified self-loathing stamina to eat that much every day. My depression makes me so tired that I sometimes struggle to choke down a sandwich.

by Anonymousreply 78May 6, 2021 1:09 PM

Anorexic??

Honey, it ain't a'workin'!

by Anonymousreply 79May 6, 2021 2:20 PM

Anorexic? That COW?! I think not.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80May 6, 2021 3:20 PM

I think she means anoxic

by Anonymousreply 81May 6, 2021 3:22 PM

I think the article meant POLLY Holliday was anorexic

by Anonymousreply 82May 6, 2021 3:23 PM

Some sham-ster is deluding her that she is anorexic. it's not the same as binge eating disorder (BED). he/she should be ousted because the shit they are espousing to her is dangerous. BED is far different than anorexia treatment.

Either that, or that's just what she is telling herself. and in that case, i would say she needs to make peace with being huge, deal with her actual eating disorder or do some therapy around her real disorder.

by Anonymousreply 83May 8, 2021 4:36 AM

What’s a champagne cake? That sounds delicious.

by Anonymousreply 84May 8, 2021 4:55 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!