Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Poor Bear Cubs

Why would they euthanize the cubs or even the Mother, for that sake. It was her turf!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3May 4, 2021 6:50 PM

These stories upset me so much. Will they stop building in these territories? Even around me, every month the animals lose more territory. Then the new development dwellers demand animals are culled, because they eat the plants, pets, or are a nuisance.

Bears need about 30 miles. I can't see it working out if people don't stop expanding their living space.

by Anonymousreply 1May 3, 2021 2:12 PM

I get what you're saying, op, but in this case killing the bears is part of the investigation. The woman's body was partially consumed, and mama bear and her cubs were the only ones in the vicinity. Investigators had to see if some of the victim's remains were inside the bears.

by Anonymousreply 2May 3, 2021 3:09 PM

R2, You were corrected and I appreciate your reasoned and polite response. It is refreshing not to get the "you stupid liberal tree hugger" slap back.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3May 4, 2021 6:50 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!