Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Corporal Punishment - Elementary School Principal Paddles Naughty Child

I am a Yankee but for a few years my mom moved us to the deep South to escape her husband/our father because he beat the shit out of all of us.

The school allowed corporate punishment for naughty kids. Ironically my mom and her family were totally okay with a beating if it was deserved (to be fair he beat us often without cause, when he was drunk, lost a game of poker with his buddies, etc).

I get that this is Florida, but how did a school official think it was okay to beat this kid? Sure the kid was naughty and I can see WANTING to do it, but get control of your emotions, woman!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82July 16, 2021 8:35 AM

That poor child.

by Anonymousreply 1May 3, 2021 2:47 AM

One guess the states in which corporal punishment is legal in public schools.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2May 3, 2021 2:49 AM

You have to sign an agreement at the beginning of the school year authorizing the Principal to use corporal punishment. My mom always signed it but I never had it used on me. Just the knowledge it could happen kept me on the straight and narrow.

by Anonymousreply 3May 3, 2021 2:50 AM

Any parent who would sign such a form is an an abuser and should have their kids taken away from them.

My brain can’t even comprehend what a trailer trash piece of shit you’d have to be to let another grown ass adult hit your kid.

by Anonymousreply 4May 3, 2021 3:11 AM

Won’t somebody PLEASE think of the chi listen?

by Anonymousreply 5May 3, 2021 3:16 AM

*children

by Anonymousreply 6May 3, 2021 3:16 AM

R4 You're a white woman aren't you?

by Anonymousreply 7May 3, 2021 3:18 AM

Back in the 60's pretty much all the jr. highs used corporal punishment including the one I went to. Mostly the principal, VP, shop and gym teachers used them and only on boys. Discipline was good for the most part. The bad apples got paddled, some a lot. Others got the paddle once and straightened up. The school district banned paddling in the late 80. They now have lots of discipline issues. Some people think there is a correlation.

by Anonymousreply 8May 3, 2021 3:21 AM

[QUOTE] Any parent who would sign such a form is an an abuser and should have their kids taken away from them.

Can you imagine being the administrator who has to mete out the punishment?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9May 3, 2021 3:22 AM

Please. No punishment any principal or teacher would dole out, could even come close to that of my parents. That being said, I was a really good kid, so this never even entered my mind. My parents wouldn't have agreed to a teacher or principal spanking any of their children, as they reserved the right to make the decision when necessary.

by Anonymousreply 10May 3, 2021 3:23 AM

When I was in junior high, the PE coaches used to give "swats" with a wide leather strap for severe rule infringement. If I recall it correctly, you could choose this and have it be done, or you could do it the old fashioned way with the administration and have your parents contacted. I don't know anyone who didn't choose the swat.

While I don't condone corporal punishment today, it was hardly a "beating" or even particularly violent. It certainly wasn't a full strength swing - painful stinging, but not torturous.

Beating an elementary school kid is a whole other matter.

by Anonymousreply 11May 3, 2021 3:29 AM

Geez, this was every day in my school. We got slapped, hair yanked, punched, jerked and yes whupped.

I remember this one teacher grabbing a hank of my hair from behind and jerking my head backward and screaming at me, all because teens were running everywhere at the end of the day before Xmas break. She chose me because she was a homophobe.

It's one of those things that if I could turn back time, I would literally beat her so bad she'd wish she were dead.

by Anonymousreply 12May 3, 2021 3:34 AM

I was a kid in school in the early 80s and I remember my kindergarten teacher grabbing me and shaking me super hard for not finishing a project quickly enough. If something like that happened today it would be a big deal

by Anonymousreply 13May 3, 2021 3:36 AM

Is that a black woman beating a white child?!?!?!?!?!?!

by Anonymousreply 14May 3, 2021 3:45 AM

Early 90s: During a fire drill, as everyone was walking down the stairs, a girl in 7th grade laughed for half a second and the principal grabbed her so hard by the collar of her shirt, he left a mark on her neck. As she was walking after that, you could see the tears coming down her face. She just quietly wept. And this girl was like the most harmless thing; not a troublemaker.

by Anonymousreply 15May 3, 2021 3:50 AM

R14 the principal is white. They have a pic of her in the DM. She looks like a typical deplorable.

by Anonymousreply 16May 3, 2021 3:50 AM

Over some damage to a computer.

by Anonymousreply 17May 3, 2021 3:51 AM

I avoided dressing out in 6th period gym because it was the school football team and me, so I stood around doing nothing. One day I stayed in the toilet all period without making a sound, even when the coach came in looking for me. After school, was getting on the bus when I was called to the asst principal's office and there was my mom. Said I had skipped class and left the campus because they couldn't find me. Got a swatted so hard with the wooden paddle, I was bruised. Taught me next time to speak up when the teacher comes looking for you.

by Anonymousreply 18May 3, 2021 3:52 AM

[quote]Any parent who would sign such a form is an an abuser and should have their kids taken away from them.

Any school that still paddles students probably sticks that consent form in with a bunch of other papers the parents have to sign

by Anonymousreply 19May 3, 2021 4:00 AM

If this little girl smashes up Taco Bell, the cops should not tease her. If she runs for president, she should win. Anything less = literal violence.

by Anonymousreply 20May 3, 2021 4:02 AM

Tase *

by Anonymousreply 21May 3, 2021 4:03 AM

I always used to skip school. When we got caught, the punishment was detention or paddling

I always picked paddling because if I picked detention, I'd miss the bus and would have to explain to my parents why I needed a ride home from school (I lived over 10 miles from school). They didn't tell our parents they paddled us

My parents never knew how much trouble I used to get into

by Anonymousreply 22May 3, 2021 4:06 AM

Can they not use more suspensions? Let the parents miss work a few days. I'm sure it will resolve itself through the parents.

by Anonymousreply 23May 3, 2021 4:14 AM

$50 worth of damage to an inanimate object is apparently worth potentially scarring a 6yo for the rest of her life.

by Anonymousreply 24May 3, 2021 4:17 AM

I think this comes from overworked and overwhelmed adults. Poor leadership that doesn't know how to lead.

Even if the child was a shit who intentionally broke the computer, corporal punishment is never ok. We now have zoom school as an alternative and that should be given as an option. Parents need to sort out their naughty children. Teachers should teach.

by Anonymousreply 25May 3, 2021 4:21 AM

r23, it's now (pre-pandemic) in school suspension. So kids go to a designated room but the parents still drop the kids off.

by Anonymousreply 26May 3, 2021 4:21 AM

R26 They're not learning much in those suspension rooms. Doing worksheets and being around worse kids.

by Anonymousreply 27May 3, 2021 4:22 AM

[quote] "I avoided dressing out in 6th period gym because it was the school football team and me, so I stood around doing nothing."

I take it you weren't an opportunist, R18

by Anonymousreply 28May 3, 2021 4:47 AM

R4, you’re a trailer trash piece of shit, aren’t you?

by Anonymousreply 29May 3, 2021 4:54 AM

Kids need physical punishment from time to time. Some are too thick headed for anything else to work. Plus most parents aren't raising human beings anymore. They are raising entitled assholes who need a good ass kicking. It serves them right. Keep up the paddling.

by Anonymousreply 30May 3, 2021 4:58 AM

Curious as to your education level, r30. I’m guessing you are a high school dropout deplorable from Texas or Florida.

Some community college, max. Yet you think you’ve got it all figured out because you can bully some kids.

You have a goatee, a truck you can’t afford, a gun, and you back into your parking space.

Do the world and your kids a favor and blow your brains out.

by Anonymousreply 31May 3, 2021 5:04 AM

People who think hitting kids is normal behavior: where do you live? If you lived in a normal, middle class community, it would never cross your mind to hit a child.

I can’t believe there is this much gutter trash roaming the earth.

by Anonymousreply 32May 3, 2021 5:13 AM

You really should not hit kids.

You should beat the fuck out of the parents!!

by Anonymousreply 33May 3, 2021 5:55 AM

Give a nun a ruler, and then run for your life. It's even worse if you look out the window and see the priest on his way over to your classroom. All hell will befall you. That priest was named in the Seattle Times expose as a child molester.

by Anonymousreply 34May 3, 2021 7:34 AM

[quote]My brain can’t even comprehend what a trailer trash piece of shit you’d have to be to let another grown ass adult hit your kid.

It's probably someone who was spanked in school as a kid themselves. My dad was a math teacher and he had decorated wooden paddles for paddling students in his room well into the mid 1980s. My own teachers smacked us with huge thick boards in Virginia, Arkansas and Missouri until I moved to Kansas, oddly enough, where no one had paddles anymore. I mean, when Kansas is less backwards than you are, you need to get your shit together.

Can't speak to the mother because we don't know who she is (and she said she just wanted to expose the practice) but the principal who did the spanking looks like she could have been old enough to have been spanked as a student herself.

by Anonymousreply 35May 3, 2021 9:00 AM

Parents can ‘spank’ their own children. Cats do it.

by Anonymousreply 36May 3, 2021 9:38 AM

A anaughty step of a smack with the hand on the butt, but that is a beating and is wrong. Bitches should be paddled.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37May 3, 2021 10:00 AM

I don't see what the fuss is. We were dished that out when I was in school decades ago.

Don't think it did anybody much harm.

by Anonymousreply 38May 3, 2021 10:04 AM

We’re not punishing people anymore. We are soft. This won’t end well.

by Anonymousreply 39May 3, 2021 12:19 PM

R38 wonders why the US has the most people in prison.

by Anonymousreply 40May 3, 2021 12:22 PM

My great aunt was hit once by a school teacher in her youth and my great grandmother marched right over there and raised holy hell. The people who are old and try to make this normal were simply raised by trash. No, not every family hit their kids. My relatives didn’t believe in it. Everyone turned out normal.

Catholic schools had nuns beating children with their fists and even ladders. They were mentally insane, not to mention all the pedophile priests.

The US has the highest incarceration rate in the world. This shit plays a big part of it. Look at all the black families who hit their kids. Those kids end up in jail. This shit never works. Any psychologist will tell you that.

by Anonymousreply 41May 3, 2021 12:27 PM

Ping pong paddle, elementary and junior high circa 1964. Almost everyday. Damn, I was a real shit in school and honestly, deserved it.

by Anonymousreply 42May 3, 2021 12:35 PM

We had paddling when I was in school In the 70s-80s in Austin, TX.

Parents had to sign a form requesting NOT to use corporal punishment, so kids really had an incentive to get them to sign it and turn it in LOL

by Anonymousreply 43May 3, 2021 12:42 PM

Physical punishment only works in the short-term, but never in the long term. It only reinforces lying and other antisocial behavior to get out of punishment.

But sure, keep telling yourself that the lack of physical violence is what’s wrong with kids these days.

by Anonymousreply 44May 3, 2021 12:59 PM

Women that fat are DISGUSTING pigs

The South should be removed from the US and put under occupation with forced labor and re-education camps. Those people are barbarians

by Anonymousreply 45May 3, 2021 1:12 PM

I'd like to know the ratio of white kid to ethnic kids that that sow has paddled. That sow seems to take special pleasure in beating a six-year old. She should be fired. Apparently the mother is undocumented and speaks little English and was afraid to say anything - which is a whole other issue.

by Anonymousreply 46May 3, 2021 1:42 PM

My vice principal in middle school had a paddle with the phrase “You light up my life” carved into it.

They were too intimidated by my mother to touch me - but I thought the phrase was a great attempt at dark humor.

by Anonymousreply 47May 3, 2021 2:10 PM

Kids today suck. They need to be beat.

by Anonymousreply 48May 4, 2021 1:58 AM

R31 You are wrong and stereotyping me. I am a college professor and live in Southern California. Independently wealthy from a long career in corporate America. Voted for Biden. Hate Trump. Don't own a gun, truck or goatee. And I was not a knucklehead or asshole as a kid so I didn't need a paddling. So you are wrong about me.

by Anonymousreply 49May 4, 2021 2:04 AM

Mom was there and mom was fine with the spanking. So much so that good old mom didn't say stop. She wanted to keep recording it.

The principal was crazy, but Mom is a 24 carat GRIFTER

by Anonymousreply 50May 4, 2021 2:05 AM

Only paddling? Why not just smother the child with kisses while you're at it?

by Anonymousreply 51May 4, 2021 2:07 AM

I have a masters and live in blue state. the only way I'd be a teacher or parent is if I could spank their asses. Not blister level but some of these kids - and their parents - could use a good spanking. Maybe if these parents quit doing their homework and making excuses and gave them a good backhand across the face when they mouthed off the kids wouldn't be so bratty.

by Anonymousreply 52May 4, 2021 3:04 AM

My parents thought teachers were hoity-toity because they done been to college. They were intimidated by them, and would never have taken us kids' side against them. They didn't want any 'trouble'.

by Anonymousreply 53May 4, 2021 3:45 AM

In my elementary school that was private, they paddled the worst kids.

by Anonymousreply 54May 4, 2021 3:51 AM

R40 I'm not from the US.

by Anonymousreply 55May 4, 2021 4:18 AM

Has any celebrity talked about getting paddled (or caned in UK) in school?

by Anonymousreply 56June 22, 2021 6:40 PM

If anyone laid a hand on my kid I’d kill them.

by Anonymousreply 57June 22, 2021 6:53 PM

[quote] The school allowed corporate punishment for naughty kids.

Hmmmm. Do you think this will work for adults?

by Anonymousreply 58June 22, 2021 7:33 PM

[quote] potentially scarring a 6yo for the rest of her life.

MARY!!!

by Anonymousreply 59June 22, 2021 7:34 PM

UK "Schools. Corporal punishment was prohibited in all state-supported education in 1986. The prohibition was extended to cover private schools in England and Wales in 1998, in Scotland in 2000, and in Northern Ireland in 2003."

So I bet plenty of celebs got a caning or other corporal punishment.

by Anonymousreply 60June 22, 2021 9:20 PM

We already established that the mother is a grifter. She sat there recording the spanking (that she allowed) and didn't so much as say, "stop"

Mommy is a piece of shit. With a parent like that, the kid never had a chance

by Anonymousreply 61June 22, 2021 9:39 PM

Maybe she was inspired by me!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62June 23, 2021 4:56 AM

the mom was not okay with this, she was trapped in a room with these psychos. She thought she would be arrested. she turned on her camera and then was able to film some of it. They also forced her to pay money for this. The mother and daughter have a lawyer. The daughter is only 6 years old.

They want these psychos fired immediately. Also, they want them charge with aggravated assault and child abuse. I do too; This is utterly disgusting. They are torturing a little girl.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63June 23, 2021 5:11 AM

If my teacher were hot, I would have done something to get spanked on a daily basis.

by Anonymousreply 64June 23, 2021 5:12 AM

hey sick fucks,

this little girl is only 6 years old. These psychos are sadistically torturing a little 6 year old. They also made the mother pay for this.

These psychos need to be in a prison cell for life. People like this are not safe to be in the general population, or anywhere near a child.

They need to rot.

by Anonymousreply 65June 23, 2021 5:18 AM

Central Elementary School Principal Melissa Carter and school clerk, Cecilia Self, rot is a prison cell.

by Anonymousreply 66June 23, 2021 5:20 AM

My parents had a "stick" with Bible verses about "spare the rod, spoil the child" and a few others engraved into it. When we were kids, we were beaten with the stick many times until one day my brother made the mistake of walking in while my parents were fighting and my dad beat my brother so hard with the stick that broke and cause a really deep bruise on my brother. No one batted an eye in my house. It was just how shit was. The principals at our schools always had permission to spank us if we got out of line but I never did. And yes I totally believe now that it was child abuse. All four of us are fucked up in different ways...not just from that but from other shit my parents did. When people say there is no harm in spanking a kid or "I was spanked and I turned out fine" I always laugh because there are so many ways it affects you on levels you don't even realize until you are older. This shit has to stop and this mother was an idiot for allowing it to happen.

by Anonymousreply 67June 23, 2021 5:27 AM

When I was in kindergarten (1971) my teacher paddled me in front of the class for talking during reading circle. I felt so sad and embarrassed that I faked an earache (I had a lot of earaches and horrid ear lancings as a child- maybe because both my parents smoked like chimneys around me). My Mom picked me up and realized that I was faking my earache and spanked me again at home with a hairbrush. I now have a fetish for being spanked (I wonder why). Luckily my husband thinks it is great fun.

by Anonymousreply 68June 23, 2021 5:41 AM

[quote] my teacher paddled me in front of the class for talking during reading circle.

You should’ve kept your fucking mouth shut.

by Anonymousreply 69June 23, 2021 11:32 AM

Paddling was just a part of school in the 1970s. I got paddled a few times, and probably deserved it each time. My parents spanked me too: infrequently for major infractions. As an adult I have never been in any trouble. A lot of kids these days are mouthy and entitled and perhaps need some corporal punishment-maybe as some sort od tiered punishment. Most kids do not need to be paddled.

by Anonymousreply 70June 23, 2021 12:42 PM

Yeah, it's really the mom who is the problem in all this, not that psycho frau cunt.

by Anonymousreply 71June 23, 2021 1:50 PM

I was in elementary school in the northeast. They never used corporal punishment It was in fact Catholic school too. I think part of it was it was heavily Italian-American and they knew if they hit a kid there'd likely be very bad consequences for the kid and the teacher.

by Anonymousreply 72June 23, 2021 2:14 PM

where did you people go to school??? I went to public school in the 50's & 60's and they weren't allowed to hit you.

by Anonymousreply 73June 23, 2021 4:32 PM

Public school in the 70's they were allowed! I grew up in California and at least until high school the principals were allowed.

by Anonymousreply 74June 25, 2021 12:08 AM

I have an idea. Why dont parents start homeschooling their children? They can use words to calm down their little angels and will have only themselves to blame if their kid can't read or write or has behavioral problems.

by Anonymousreply 75June 25, 2021 1:51 AM

I went to school in the 60's. Paddles were not used in my elementary school (k-6) but I understand some in my school district did use them. Jr. High (7-9) paddles were used on boys only. I never got paddled, but saw a few. Mostly a single swat. I saw my 8th grade gym teacher give two guys 3 very hard swats which they deserved. Afterwards in the showers their asses were beet red. Paddles were not used in high school (10-12)

by Anonymousreply 76June 25, 2021 5:04 AM

[quote] “The school allowed corporate punishment for naughty kids.”

This might have kept one kid out of the White House.

by Anonymousreply 77June 25, 2021 5:25 AM

these 2 sadistic psychos need to ROT for abusing a child.

by Anonymousreply 78June 25, 2021 5:48 AM

You can beat children in Florida?!?! This is why they hate school. This has to be shut down now across the state. these two sadistic psychos need to rot in a prison cell. They are not safe for the general population. Prison were built for psychos like this.

by Anonymousreply 79June 25, 2021 6:53 AM

I got whipped with a wooden pointer on the backs of my legs by a male teacher in 5th grade (11 years old). He took me alone into the cloakroom and whipped me hard, I think it was for talking in class. He knew the backs of my legs were the most painful place to get whipped. The long wooden pointer was like a flexible thin rod so inflicted a lot of pain. I never knew any kid in grade school who ever told their parents of any of the physical abuse they got in school. We kids knew that most parents would have taken the teacher's side.

Also, in the 1st Grade, when I was 6, I had a big, burly woman teacher named Mrs. Murphy who hated boys and used to go up and down each aisle of desks and pull the hair of most of the boys. When she pulled my hair the pain literally brought tears to my eyes. I never told a soul and the thought of ever telling anyone never entered my mind. Same for being bullied. Kids back then never told any adults about being bullied. We all just suffered in silence. We took it as a part of life. Kids were tough, resilient and able to fend for themselves at school or away from home. We learned how to be independent from an early age. Sure we got hurt and had troubles but we just carried on. We knew we had to face and deal with whatever life threw at us. And I wasn't even a tough kid. I was a sensitive, passive kid. But I was tough in that I was street smart. So school was a jungle and we kids just dealt with it. We didn't whine or complain to our parents or any adults. We handled our own problems as best we could.

by Anonymousreply 80June 25, 2021 7:59 AM

It’s quite obvious why r78 has a thing against teachers.

by Anonymousreply 81June 25, 2021 10:19 AM

My best friend had a potty mouth and got paddled for swearing at his teachers many times. He must have had callouses on his ass by the time he graduated.

by Anonymousreply 82July 16, 2021 8:35 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!