Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

War-Mongerinf Carpet Munchers Oppose Dear Uncle Joe’s Afghanistan Troop Drawdown

Come get your queen, DL. Does this bitch ever go the fuck away?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25May 3, 2021 7:12 PM

I can't imagine why the US believes it will "win" in Afghanistan when everyone from the Mauryas to Alexander the Great to the Mongols to Timur, the Mughals, the Persians to the Russians failed miserably.

by Anonymousreply 1May 2, 2021 5:23 AM

R1 I don’t think anyone actually thinks that, it’s just become a need to have a never ending war there so defense contractors can make lots of money.

by Anonymousreply 2May 2, 2021 5:25 AM

Conventional warfare is obsolete. Novel virus, passports and plane tickets are the weapons of conquest and submission for the 21st century.

by Anonymousreply 3May 2, 2021 5:30 AM

Too true, r3

by Anonymousreply 4May 2, 2021 5:31 AM

Send the Big Bang girl on an airplane?

by Anonymousreply 5May 2, 2021 5:36 AM

It's a bit nerve-wracking with the twentieth anniversary of 9/11 just a heartbeat away.

[italic] Trust No One

by Anonymousreply 6May 2, 2021 5:36 AM

Bump for Hillary hatred.

by Anonymousreply 7May 3, 2021 3:05 AM

If we have to go back, then we have to go back. We’ll cross that bridge when we get to it.

by Anonymousreply 8May 3, 2021 3:10 AM

I guess we'll see, won't we?

Meanwhile, we can fund every single domestic wishlist initiative (and lots of useful mutually-beneficial USAID-type programs) with the funds we've pissed away in the Middle East.

by Anonymousreply 9May 3, 2021 3:37 AM

Boris the OP doesn’t want democratically legitimate governments attacked by Afghani terrorists on Russia’s border?

Quelle surprise!!

Next OP will tell us to adjust Putin’s thermostat!

Too bad the OP won’t take down the Senators who sent U.S. troops there: Senatrice Graham and McTurtle.

by Anonymousreply 10May 3, 2021 4:48 AM

Biden supposedly wants to withdraw the remaining 2500 soldiers, but 18,500 private contractors will remain. It's just more some and mirrors.

by Anonymousreply 11May 3, 2021 5:43 AM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 12May 3, 2021 5:48 AM

R11 agreed, but I’ll takes what I can gets.

by Anonymousreply 13May 3, 2021 5:48 AM

Smoke, mirrors and the $4.9 Billion that America indirectly deposits into Afghan despots' Swiss bank accounts.

by Anonymousreply 14May 3, 2021 5:48 AM

R10 I do want his thermostat adjusted. I’m hoping he’ll take off his shirt again.

by Anonymousreply 15May 3, 2021 5:49 AM

R14 at least we didn’t send them cash like Iran!

by Anonymousreply 16May 3, 2021 5:49 AM

R16 I wonder if they have automatic cash counting machines in Teheran or did a buncha mullahs have to sit for days hand-counting it all?

by Anonymousreply 17May 3, 2021 5:56 AM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 18May 3, 2021 6:03 AM

R18 I shouldn’t get oh deared for having fat fingers.

by Anonymousreply 19May 3, 2021 6:04 AM

If Defacto posted it, it's a piece of shit story full of lies. Shockingly, two former Secretaries of State expressed their knowledgable concerns about what it would mean to take all troops out of Afghanistan...just like they should have done. No one said they were against it. Axios and Defacto deserve each other.

by Anonymousreply 20May 3, 2021 6:13 AM

Hillary and Condi are old-school women pols. They think - and they have good reason - that they gave to be more hardcore than the boys to be taken seriously. Diplomatic presence and influence is more important than troops. Money not guns. Because no one wins in Afghanistan except Afghanistan.

by Anonymousreply 21May 3, 2021 8:07 AM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 22May 3, 2021 8:43 AM

R20 ok so you agree with Hillary and disagree with Biden then.

by Anonymousreply 23May 3, 2021 2:03 PM

Moron, they didn't disagree with Biden. Do you think the Biden administration hasn't considered the bad possible consequences of a total withdrawal? Biden isn't cheerleading like we won something about this. Former Secretaries of State were called in to give their thoughts on all aspects of the withdrawal by the committee because they know of what they speak. The Repugs on the committee leaked it to get idiots like you and Axios to play their little game and you fell right in line. Here's the current SoS talking about the exact same concerns.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24May 3, 2021 6:44 PM

It's a huge financial strain for us. We can't make it the 51st state.

by Anonymousreply 25May 3, 2021 7:12 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!