Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Britney’s dad claimed she has dementia to get her on Conservatorship ASAP

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86May 11, 2021 7:34 PM

To be fair, there’s clearly something deeply wrong with her mentally. Maybe he was right.

by Anonymousreply 1May 1, 2021 4:06 PM

No. He wasn’t right by lying 🙄🙄🙄

by Anonymousreply 2May 1, 2021 4:09 PM

Not dementia, just plain old batshit crazy.

by Anonymousreply 3May 1, 2021 4:10 PM

Right because you can tell a judge anything and they will give you control of someone else’s affairs.

by Anonymousreply 4May 1, 2021 4:11 PM

Who’s crazier, Britney or her fans?

by Anonymousreply 5May 1, 2021 4:13 PM

Someone on another thread said that if she wasn’t famous, she’d just be a woman talking to herself at a bus stop. And that’s true, she’s batshit crazy.

by Anonymousreply 6May 1, 2021 4:13 PM

Lmao psycho is all over this thread already 😂😂😂

What do you do, psycho?

by Anonymousreply 7May 1, 2021 4:15 PM

Did he do it or that psycho bitch who befriended him and pushed him to take conservatorship?

He's guilty - but let's make sure we know that it wasn't just her dad. Some real fucking villains were behind this.

by Anonymousreply 8May 1, 2021 4:17 PM

I think Brittney is sadly very mentally ill. I also think her father is a disgusting piece of shit who is using this for financial gain. Both can be true.

by Anonymousreply 9May 1, 2021 4:20 PM

[quote]Mr Spears had ticked a box saying it related to “dementia placement or treatment”.

Interesting. All these years we'd assumed it was mental health placement or drug treatment, and instead he said her diagnosis was "dementia," which was clearly not her problem.

Supposedly there were rumors that the diagnosis was "dementia" for years on some Britney fan sites, and no one seriously believed it. Now I'm wondering who leaked that info.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10May 1, 2021 4:22 PM

Dementia can be glamorous...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11May 1, 2021 4:25 PM

For those saying she's mentally ill - well, you try being gaslighted for over a decade, having your money taken away from you, your kids taken away, and have a team of people preventing you from trying to have access to your own shit.

If I was Britney, I would have gone full on postal by now like a fucking Tarantino film and it would be justified.

by Anonymousreply 12May 1, 2021 4:28 PM

Dementia? Low IQ, mentally challenged (retarded) more than likely

by Anonymousreply 13May 1, 2021 4:28 PM

I worked with special needs kids and if she's challenged she's pretty high functioning. Remembering dance routines and lyrics and being able to keep herself at a relatively high level of grooming indicates she's doing well. However, if she does have some challenges and also has some emotional issues, she probably needs some kind of court-ordered assistance to keep her from being taken advantage of.

by Anonymousreply 14May 1, 2021 4:41 PM

Come on, you don't get dementia at that age. And she wasn't professionally diagnosed with it. He is totally lying to get his hands on her money. That's what it's all about. There are tons of nutty, low IQ people walking around with control over their bank accounts; they don't get this done to them. Because they aren't RICH..

by Anonymousreply 15May 1, 2021 4:45 PM

She appears to have Bipolar disorder, but maybe it is as severe as Schizophrenia, idk.

by Anonymousreply 16May 1, 2021 4:47 PM

Forbes said her finances need to be investigated.

She went from worth over $500 million a few years ago to worth only $52 million today.

Where is her money? And they can’t say she spent it as she has no access to it.

by Anonymousreply 17May 1, 2021 4:47 PM

R16 she wouldn’t be able to maintain a Vegas show the way she did if she were schizophrenic.

by Anonymousreply 18May 1, 2021 4:48 PM

Wasn't he appointed her conservator before she performed hundreds of shows for her Vegas residency? A woman with dementia?

Sure, Jan. Let him spend the rest of his life in prison.

by Anonymousreply 19May 1, 2021 6:07 PM

Deh-men-CHA

by Anonymousreply 20May 1, 2021 6:22 PM

I don't think she has dementia. I just thought her as slow but harmless (Anna Nicole Smith). Now, she just seems scared and uncomfortable when interacting with the media which could be why she always seems 'off' in photos/videos. I still don't see the (public) incidences of her 'crazy' behavior as a evidence that she lost her mind. Given the amount of attention she was receiving and the way the media was constantly after her, I just see it as someone reaching the end of their rope and lashing out. I actually think this is why she's come to prefer the conservatorship: She's gotten far less negative and invasive public attention after being placed in one and still gets to perform.

by Anonymousreply 21May 1, 2021 8:18 PM

Nancy Grace has caught wind of this... you know what that means lol

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22May 1, 2021 8:41 PM

She had her kids taken away from her when they were very young and sole custody was awarded to Kevin Federline. That’s a red flag that she had serious mental problems, for a judge to that when the legal system almost always sides with the bio mother.

by Anonymousreply 23May 1, 2021 10:06 PM

I know nobody cares, but I wish people would keep discussion about this to one thread. I like Britney and following this story, but there are zillion threads about this and the upcoming court date. It makes it hard to follow the developments.

by Anonymousreply 24May 1, 2021 10:14 PM

r23 your whole post is regarding things that happened over 10 years ago, old news. Most people's life circumstances change significantly in a 10 year period. In another 5 years both of her kids will be adults so all of that is mostly irrelevant now.

by Anonymousreply 25May 1, 2021 10:20 PM

Britney is slow witted and immature, but she is a functioning adult who is capable of grueling rehearsals and performances..

Her fortune has been wasted away on legal fights. There seems to have never been anybody really on her side. I feel terrible for her and I'm glad the Netflix show really exposed what has happened to her. I loathe Nancy Grace, but if she can help Britney, more power to her.

by Anonymousreply 26May 1, 2021 10:26 PM

An old blind item-type gossip around the time of the head shaving alleged that a huge pop star who recently lost it, was diagnosed bipolar schizophrenic but was drinking, doing drugs, not taking her meds and fucking everyone in sight. She would sometimes go to the velvet rope clubs in LA and get fucked by 2-3 guys a night in the bathroom. She really started to unravel when she found out she was POZ.

ALLEGEDLY.

by Anonymousreply 27May 1, 2021 10:41 PM

R27 Sounds about right

by Anonymousreply 28May 1, 2021 10:49 PM

[quote]Her fortune has been wasted away on legal fights. There seems to have never been anybody really on her side.

R26, if she was really a “functioning adult”, as you claim, she wouldn’t have needed “somebody on her side” and wouldn’t have “wasted away her fortune”. Most functioning adults are capable of managing their own lives or hiring people to do the things that are beyond their abilities. Britney is not capable of managing her own life.

by Anonymousreply 29May 1, 2021 11:03 PM

Like an idiot savant, she could do pretty intricate dance routines and could kind of sing.....that said she is dimwitted with an IQ if about 90 if that high and borderline retarded

by Anonymousreply 30May 1, 2021 11:13 PM

[quote]Like an idiot savant, she could do pretty intricate dance routines and could kind of sing

If you think Autotune and lipsyncing are legit, then yeah she could “kind of sing”.

by Anonymousreply 31May 1, 2021 11:17 PM

She could sing

by Anonymousreply 32May 1, 2021 11:20 PM

Oh yeah, she could “sing”. 😂

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33May 1, 2021 11:23 PM

R33 ok, your point? She lip sang there. But she sang live here.

Every single pop star lip sings. Every single one.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34May 1, 2021 11:25 PM

[quote]Every single pop star lip sings. Every single one.

Whitney didn’t. Even when she was wasted out of her mind.

by Anonymousreply 35May 1, 2021 11:28 PM

The belters don't. They’re in a different category.

The Britney, Madonna, Janet, Rihanna, etc. all would lip sing sometimes. I just watched a video where Ricky Martin lip sang and the comments said “back when you paid $50 to watch lip singing and didn’t know it because the internet didn’t expose it yet” lol

by Anonymousreply 36May 1, 2021 11:32 PM

Give her the money, she earned it. If she goes broke, she has no one to blame.

by Anonymousreply 37May 1, 2021 11:43 PM

An IQ of 90 is not "borderline retarded."

You can look this stuff up, you know.

by Anonymousreply 38May 2, 2021 12:24 AM

Her IQ is closer to 70. I heard her on a radio interview sometime around 1998, and she sounded like a backwoods hick who hadn’t finished 3rd grade.

by Anonymousreply 39May 2, 2021 12:27 AM

[quote] She lip sang there. But she sang live here. Every single pop star lip sings. Every single one.

It's called "lip sync" or "lip synch."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40May 2, 2021 12:35 AM

I find it hard to believe that a judge has not reviewed any neuropsychological testing or any neurologic expert testimony— there has to be something there before anybody can say somebody has dementia. Bipolar and schizophrenia are more vague imo. Unless her dementia is drug induced, like meth.

by Anonymousreply 41May 2, 2021 12:54 AM

[quote] For those saying she's mentally ill - well, you try being gaslighted for over a decade

“Gaslighted”? Please find a new buzzword, moron.

by Anonymousreply 42May 2, 2021 12:59 AM

[quote] Nancy Grace has caught wind of this... you know what that means lol

What?

by Anonymousreply 43May 2, 2021 1:00 AM

“Or treatment”

What does that mean?

by Anonymousreply 44May 2, 2021 1:01 AM

[quote]For those saying she's mentally ill - well, you try being gaslighted for over a decade

Oh yeah. She was lighting something, but it wasn’t gas.

by Anonymousreply 45May 2, 2021 1:04 AM

[quote] “Gaslighted”? Please find a new buzzword, moron.

How about narcissist?

by Anonymousreply 46May 2, 2021 1:09 AM

Her dad just filled out a form and the judge sided with him without consulting any experts or medical professionals?

by Anonymousreply 47May 2, 2021 1:15 AM

[quote][R26], if she was really a “functioning adult”, as you claim, she wouldn’t have needed “somebody on her side

r29, again, you and others are using past tense talking about things that happened ages ago. Its time to move on. Britney is about to be 40 years old and you are talking about stuff that happened in her 20s. I'm sure if I pulled up a file on some of you bitches in your 20s you'd earn a conservatorship as well.

And besides all of this, her dad is almost 70. In another couple of years he'll probably be dead, as he is already in poor health. Then what? Even if she remains in this insane setup, its time to change guard. They don't need to wait until he dies to do it. He is a textbook boomer parents who thinks they are going to live forever and refuse to be courteous to their children by taking care of business before they die.

by Anonymousreply 48May 2, 2021 1:27 AM

Where are the Jamie nudes?

by Anonymousreply 49May 2, 2021 1:52 AM

R29 Everyone needs someone that feel they can trust. Do you have no support system at all? The girl needs someone in her life that is interested in something besides her money. Fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 50May 2, 2021 2:41 AM

Yes. I’m so thrilled too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51May 2, 2021 3:43 PM

R17 I just read one or two of the recent Forbes stories done on Britney, and saw nothing where you said she was once worth $500 million.

Not saying it's not true, because this is Britney Spears we're talking about. But I didn't see it.

I remember watching "The Fabulous Life of Britney Spears" on VH1 back in the early 00s, and at the end of her episode, they said she was worth $100 million then.

So what happened to all of her money? Someone like Britney at this point in her career and life and as big of deal she was during her heyday. I'd expect she'd have a fortune in the neighborhood of at least $400/$600 million bucks.

She's being robbed blind by everyone it sounds like. If she's not going to preform, she should seriously consider getting into merchandising using her name and imagery. She could get a team of really good graphic designers and illustrators and they could create some really beautiful tshirts long sleeved shirts hats beach towels etc. and launch it through ecommerce. I bet she'd make a killing. The fans would eat it up.

But she'd need to have full ownership of that venture.

by Anonymousreply 52May 2, 2021 4:33 PM

I think too much focus is on her money and not her well being. Even if she ends up living a more modest life, she can at least have her independence as a middle aged woman. To me that is worth more than being wealthy.

There are so many celebrities out there who go through financial bloodletting at some point. While they might not have an extremely lavish lifestyle afterwards, they are still more comfortable than most people.

by Anonymousreply 53May 2, 2021 5:02 PM

He's a fool. If he had told the truth (she is a talentless slag who suffers from severe mental retardation), now he wouldn't be in trouble... Apparently, Britney takes after her dad as far as brains are concerned. 😂

Now, seriously, we should clarify a couple of things: first of all the net worth of many celebrities is grossly inflated, for promotional purposes. God knows how much money she must have had before the conservatorship, and how much she blew away in nonsense during drunken stupors and drug-induced chaos. I'm sure that Sam Lufti wasn't the only one leeching off her. USD 52 million is more than enough for someone who hasn't had a hit in over a decade, used to throw money around like it was water (did anyone read the papers during her divorce from Kevin Federline? She used to spend a fortune on ridiculous nonsense every month), and needs to pay a fortune in lawyers.

Finally, I am surprised by the fascination that she inspires in so many people... Why? She is not a beauty like Marilyn Monroe, doesn't have talent or charisma (let's not even mention intelligence), and has never done anything unique by celebrity standards. Could it be that people who barely manage to reach the lower end of mediocrity, see themselves reflected in her and live their dreams of stardom vicariously, through her? Otherwise, I cannot understand it.

by Anonymousreply 54May 2, 2021 5:09 PM

[quote]I am surprised by the fascination that she inspires in so many people... Why? ...I cannot understand it.

You just wrote three paragraphs about her and know more about her life than most people do, so I'd say you'd probably already have the answer to your question if you just asked yourself instead of asking others.

by Anonymousreply 55May 2, 2021 5:15 PM

[quote]Finally, I am surprised by the fascination that she inspires in so many people... Why?

r54 I think it depends on what age group you are in. If you grew up in the late 90s/00s Britney Spears was a teen idol of course. It had nothing really do with her talent level, she was a record label product put at the forefront of pop culture at that time like her peers Christina, Justin Timberlake and Beyonce. As an adult now I have appreciation of their work, despite not listening any of their music. They just represent a time in my life and make me reminiscent.

by Anonymousreply 56May 2, 2021 5:19 PM

R56 Agreed. I was born in the late 80s grew up in the 90s and entered my teen years during the early 00s. So absolutely these people bring back memories from those years in my life, just like you.

Are you listening R54?

by Anonymousreply 57May 2, 2021 8:08 PM

I think Britney has schizophrenia. Psychotic symptoms like halluciations or paranoia can mostly be controlled with meds, but what often leads to people needing long-term assistance are the so-called 'negative symptoms'. From what I know, they tend to persist, or even get worse with each psychotic episode.

by Anonymousreply 58May 2, 2021 8:19 PM

[quote]She's being robbed blind by everyone it sounds like.

She’s like a talentless version of Judy Garland.

by Anonymousreply 59May 2, 2021 8:38 PM

Her current so-called bf cannot wait the day she gets all her money back and then slowly poisons her.

by Anonymousreply 60May 2, 2021 8:55 PM

I honestly hope Brit Brit gets emancipation just for the schadenfreude when Britney ends up broke, no custody of her kids, and on drugs and then dead in a gutter. Britney is nuts, her dad is a bad dude, but her stans are even crazier and careless than anyone in that shitty family.

by Anonymousreply 61May 2, 2021 9:01 PM

Lindsey has recently exhibited signs of dementia too.

by Anonymousreply 62May 2, 2021 9:08 PM

I've long said that if I ever had the opportunity to interview Britney Spears, the first question I'd ask is if she can spell her own name.

by Anonymousreply 63May 2, 2021 9:10 PM

Jesus Fucking Christ. Is it really that difficult to get some UNBIASED medic to check Britney out to figure out what is wrong with her mentally? And could the court also get some UNBIASED accountant on the case of Britney's financial status?

All these idiot judges do is listen to biased reports from doctors hired by people like Britney's dad recommending that the dad remains in control of her when that is clearly not in Britney's best interest.

by Anonymousreply 64May 2, 2021 9:19 PM

R64, then why doesn’t Britney hire her own doctors and them present reports if she is so “normal”?

by Anonymousreply 65May 2, 2021 9:50 PM

Britney couldn’t even tell you which planet she’s living on.

by Anonymousreply 66May 2, 2021 9:52 PM

I think there’s more there than they’re willing to release to the public and maybe Britney had bouts of dementia brought on by serious side facets of strong medication and we’re not seeing the entire picture. I also read that what was working previously isn’t anymore and it’s difficult with schizophrenia to recalibrate the meds.

We’ve also seen three serious financial downturns in the economy the past twenty five years and I’m guessing her financial people cannot turn on a dime with their financial decisions. It’s possible she lost a lot of money in the market or with real estate decisions. People invest more prudently without employment and money flow, folks.

by Anonymousreply 67May 2, 2021 10:05 PM

Watch. The Twitter freaks will get their way, she will be free again and we can expect a shaven headed break down within 6 months, this will end in disaster and the alt left on Twitter will be to blame.

by Anonymousreply 68May 2, 2021 10:16 PM

They’ve been very careful revealing too much about her mental state but it’s really skating on the edge now and could go either way. I think the stans are bloodthirsty and this will become a Salem Witch Trial where rumors, hearsay and allusions really mess everything up. Whatever is released publicly won’t be enough for these people and even if Britney pleads for her privacy, they’re going to claim she was “forced” to. Some of the people in the documentary seem completely unhinged and have nothing better going on in their lives and love the spotlight on them, it’s unnerving and sad.

by Anonymousreply 69May 2, 2021 10:21 PM

I’m inclined to agree with R67.

There’s no way anyone that young would be placed in a conservatorship (with kids taken away?!?) without some very strong argument for doing so.

Remaining under a conservator would be highly unusual, especially in this day and age, with a celebrity that famous.

Frankly, I feel the whole hoopla surrounding the #FreeBritney movement is designed to maximize keeping her name in the news, and maintaining a mystique that will come in quite handy for marketing purposes.

by Anonymousreply 70May 2, 2021 10:22 PM

R69 Celebrity worship has gotten out of control. It has replaced religious nuttery as the biggest mass delusion in America in recent years.

by Anonymousreply 71May 2, 2021 10:24 PM

Why do people keep assuming that the courts just took her father's word for it without having a third-party medical expert provide an evaluation? Is there proof that they didn't bother to have her evaluated or is this just speculation?

People claim the proof that she was setup is that a conversatorship for someone that young is irregular, but perhaps that actually points to how serious Britney's condition is?

How does the public know her father is profiting off of her? I remember seeing something once that showed how much he was getting paid to be her caretaker, and it was supposedly less than he was earning running his restaurants (?). Did something get leaked about other money he was getting or stealing?

I haven't followed any of this so genuinely asking.

Also someone commented upthread that she's too young to have dementia.. It wouldn't be uncommon for her to have exhibited signs of dementia in her early 30's and it wouldn't necessarily prohibit her from being able to perform.

Doesn't mental illness run in her family? I remember someone mentioning that her Grandmother had some sort of mental illness and killed herself in her early-30s.

by Anonymousreply 72May 2, 2021 10:46 PM

[quote]Why do people keep assuming that the courts just took her father's word for it without having a third-party medical expert provide an evaluation?

Well even if it was dependent on a medical expert, that evaluation captured her mental state many, many years ago. Someone's mental state can change significantly over the course of year, let alone over the time this arrangement has been in place. If this that is what the conservatorship was contingent upon, it's time to reevaluate.

by Anonymousreply 73May 2, 2021 10:57 PM

It’s possible past therapies didn’t work or produced serious side effects. Obviously, a doctor or firm ISN”T going to publicly acknowledge nor want to show up on court papers that they treated or evaluated Britney-

1. As a loose cannon, she had a history of prescription, illegal drug abuse. 2. There’s a wild bunch of opinionated people ready to picket out front, hack their systems, or pay off employees for info. 3. There’s honestly no upside to saying you have Britney a a client.

I also question the narrative we are fed that the father is taking advantage. Obviously her extended family is ok with him and like I said, we aren’t privy to a lot of private messy info. Mary!

by Anonymousreply 74May 3, 2021 12:39 AM

R73 but the conservatorship wasn't just set and never looked at again. Hasn't it been renewed several times over the years? Presumably that would mean that medical experts didn't find that her situation had improved.

Again, I haven't followed her case at all so I'm genuinely just asking if anyone has the answers to this or is everyone just assuming she's been wrongly been put into this situation.

by Anonymousreply 75May 3, 2021 12:55 AM

Did Brit’s dad molest her?

by Anonymousreply 76May 3, 2021 1:17 AM

What is strange is that apparently it's in the best interest of Britney to leak the dementia prognosis to get Daddy back in control. The same daddy who insisted it's in Britney's best interest to keep working and making the family money, money she doesn't have access to. Whatever Britney's mental situation is or was, I don't think the best solution is for anyone from the Spears family to be in charge make some kind of unbiased assessment of Britney's mental and financial status.

by Anonymousreply 77May 3, 2021 7:17 AM

Britney isn't asking for no conservatorship last I knew, it was for Jodi Montgomery to remain conservator and not bring her dad back on. She also doesn't want Andrew Wallet, chosen by her father, to remain co-conservator, but wants Bessemer Trust instead because they have a physical office and are cheaper than Wallet is.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78May 3, 2021 8:17 AM

R75, part of the problem is that the conservatorship WAS just set and then, over the years, little changes were made here and there, but the best I can tell, there was no full review. There is paperwork filed every two years, but that was the only thing close to a review being done until she started pushing for more freedom in about 2016. There are doctors on the team but they were picked by her father, and she had a court-appointed attorney who made something like $10M over about eight years, which made people question whether she was being represented by someone acting in her interests.

This article in 2016 shows that there are a lot of people close to her who say she's a lot more capable than she's being made out to be.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79May 3, 2021 8:33 AM

Is Rusty still in the Navy?

by Anonymousreply 80May 3, 2021 9:05 AM

She's having fun here but sometimes she seems lost or confused.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81May 3, 2021 9:51 AM

If shaving one's head is a sign of incompetence, shouldn't most lesbians and a large percentage of men be trapped in conservatorships? I'm sorry but I can't get past that particular element. So if I decided to shave my head today, I lose all rights to my hard earned money? Sounds legit.

by Anonymousreply 82May 3, 2021 4:16 PM

r82, I'm sorry to tell you, but you would have to work a little bit harder to get some hot daddy to be in charge of you and your money. There must be several recorded and documented incidences to get a judge to decide that you are a hot mess in need of guardianship.

by Anonymousreply 83May 3, 2021 4:21 PM

There is actually more objective evidence for dementia than “too crazy to take care of myself”. If a judge agreed with it, she would have fit criteria (alzheimers, frontotemporal, parkinsons, drug induced) and her neuropsych tests are probably pretty bad. You crazy britbrit stans need to give it a rest, britbrit probably has a mental age of 5 now, and in a few years will be like 2. And yes, she never asked for freedom from conservatorship, she just wanted a change in her conservator. She herself knows she aint got it anymore, she has no mental capacity to take care of herself.

by Anonymousreply 84May 3, 2021 4:39 PM

Does anyone claim she doesn't?

by Anonymousreply 85May 11, 2021 6:36 PM

As was widely reported at the time, Britney shaved her hideous head because her then estranged hubby Kevin Federline told her drug tests could be conducted via a single strand of hair. She had been using E and who knows what else and was afraid of losing custody of her children. She was a full on mess and by all accounts, she still is.

by Anonymousreply 86May 11, 2021 7:34 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!