Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Bullshit Cat Memes

During times of stress and anxiety, I can usually score a little piece of mind off pictures of cuddly animals - most popularly cats. Technological advances in bandwidth now allow gifs that play as well as videos.

However, I’m observing a troubling level of heinous bullshit lately.

1. Baby talk from cats; cats may have speech impediments or refuse to talk, but none of them talks like my demented three-year old niece - NONE of them

2. Gifs that do nothing; a disturbing trend is a gif moniker that simply makes the picture flash or produce a small Shaq in the corner

3. Videos that take me offsite to gfycat or instagram or youtube; If I wanted to watch shit on that platform I’d do so

4. Reboots of old memes using fresh faces; yeah it’s a pretty baby who is funny but it was done in 2009 by an older cat and we don’t need another version

5. Animal hoarders pretending they won’t hoard; I’m happy you snagged another animal and your farm is cleaner than it was the last time you snatched an animal, but you don’t have to create drama around every “rescue” you make. That raccoon waddled around just fucking fine before you put a splint on its foot. OK, it was probably a “re-enactment”, but you should have had the camera. You didn’t; you can’t make raccoons perform a re-enactment.

by Anonymousreply 2April 21, 2021 1:32 AM

OP has stated her boundaries.

by Anonymousreply 1April 20, 2021 10:05 PM

If there is a medal for the White-Person-Problemist White Person Problem, I think you just nudged your way into the Bronze.

by Anonymousreply 2April 21, 2021 1:32 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!