Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Righteous and Entitled Asshole of the Day

“An anti-mask Texas school board candidate got the shock of her life when she was arrested — despite her "right" to be there.

The bodycam footage from the Sunset Valley Police Department shows Lake Travis ISD hopeful Kara Bell lecturing two officers on how the law works... until they eventually lose patience and return the lesson.

The incident occurred on April 7, when police were called to an altercation at a Nordstrom Rack on Brodie Lane; employees claimed Bell had tried to enter a changing room without a mask; the worker claimed she shoved her way in before deploying the classic opening Karen gambit: calling corporate office.

———————————-

Outside, Bell insisted it was she who was assaulted... but refused to identify herself, making taking a report of the incident a bit difficult for the officers.

Bell was given an assault citation, a Class C misdemeanor, punishable by up to $500.

She told officers she wanted to press charges against the Nordstrom employee, and completed a victim statement to that effect. According to the Austin American-Statesman, the employee initially was given a citation for assault by contact, but it was voided after two employee witnesses corroborated her testimony.

Nordstrom managers told police that earlier that day, a group of 10 to 12 people had also targeted the store by attempting to shop without masks on.

Police Chief Lenn Carter told the publication that Bell is part of a group that is planning another upcoming anti-mask protest, and that their activities are putting a strain on his 12-officer department.

"If they think they can come here and do that in our city anonymously, they can't," he said. "Our officers should be out there with crime prevention and responding to calls for help, not being used as political pawns or ploys for somebody's political ambition."

Bell is currently challenging incumbent Lauren White for a seat on the Lake Travis school board.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2April 20, 2021 9:38 PM

[quote] "I'm a Woman of God." "I'm a Christian Woman of God." "This is my land."

I half expected her to belt out "Onward Christian Soldiers" after that!

Good Grief! Those poor police officers. Just loved the look Officer Gene gave his partner.

by Anonymousreply 1April 20, 2021 9:26 PM

Oh, hahahaa!! I don’t live too far from here. Sunset Valley is a town surrounded by south Austin and they often have fun events at city hall, like raptor demonstrations. Lots of ranch homes on huge, tree-filled lots. Lake Travis is very conservative and obnoxious and nowhere near SV.

by Anonymousreply 2April 20, 2021 9:38 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!