Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Dogophobia?

Woman clings to ledge, terrified of pet dog.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16April 20, 2021 7:33 PM

When I was 12 I was attacked by a German Shepherd, and believe me, I have this phobia for years. Even little dogs terrified me.

by Anonymousreply 1April 20, 2021 5:15 PM

Who is she, and why is she apparently clinging to someone else's deck?

by Anonymousreply 2April 20, 2021 5:33 PM

I was that terrified of dogs when I was a child, if someone brought a yappy little chihuahua over I'd run away and scream, and my narcissistic mother would slap the shit out of my for embarrassing her.

I love dogs now, some nice dogs moved into the street when I was a little older and I got used to having them around, and then I gradually found out how lovely they could be.

by Anonymousreply 3April 20, 2021 5:44 PM

R3, do you wander or do they keep the doors locked?

by Anonymousreply 4April 20, 2021 5:51 PM

i have pitbullphobia

by Anonymousreply 5April 20, 2021 5:52 PM

The dog does a good job with a typically irrational female.

Fear of dogs is the least issue this lump has.

by Anonymousreply 6April 20, 2021 5:55 PM

I love how the dog is all curious in an obviously friendly way, nudging up like to ask "What's wrong with you?", while she is completely hysterical.

That dog has much stronger nerves than I do.

by Anonymousreply 7April 20, 2021 6:11 PM

That is one sturdy railing.

by Anonymousreply 8April 20, 2021 6:15 PM

Fear of dogs is called CYNOPHOBIA.

by Anonymousreply 9April 20, 2021 6:18 PM

As opposed to GYNOPHOBIA, which affects most Dataloungers.

by Anonymousreply 10April 20, 2021 6:18 PM

R2, she's an Amazon delivery worker.

Poor fattie.

by Anonymousreply 11April 20, 2021 6:20 PM

Please don’t let her be black please don’t oh who the hell am I kidding

by Anonymousreply 12April 20, 2021 6:20 PM

I had a friend who was bite by a dog as child, as a teenage she was terrified of dogs even the small ones.

by Anonymousreply 13April 20, 2021 6:21 PM

I love dogs, but I had a few bad experiences with some as a kid. One time a dog attacked me, my younger brother, and two cousins while we were riding our bikes. The dog bit me in the butt. I was about 12. At first we didn't tell our parents, but my younger brother finally did. I remember being embarrassed to show my Mom where the dog bit me.

An older cousin had a rottweiler. The cousin was weird, hence the dog was weird. Still dislike the breed.

by Anonymousreply 14April 20, 2021 6:28 PM

I loved dogs as a kid until this little dachshund thing came up to me when I was about 7 or 8, and I wasn't scared of it at all despite its barking, until it just went ham on my leg. Thankfully I was wearing jeans which protected me a little, but I ended up having to climb to the top of a swing set until the dog ran off, and was covered in scratches and nips. My mom freaked out for hours until she finally tracked down the owner and confirmed the dog wasn't rabid.

Was in my 30s before I stopped being scared of dogs, but I keep spray next to the door after a neighbor's German Shepherd came after me and the FedEx guy last year.

by Anonymousreply 15April 20, 2021 6:31 PM

I've been bit twice by dogs, but I've never been afraid of most of them. I don't like being around pit bulls, however.

by Anonymousreply 16April 20, 2021 7:33 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!