Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Shouldn’t governments be erring on the side of caution instead of rushing to bring back a “normalcy”?

Yes business interests demand this but everyone knows this pandemic is far from over. For instance I think all passenger flights should be grounded. All. Now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9April 21, 2021 11:47 PM

[quote]For instance I think all passenger flights should be grounded. All. Now.

I agree

by Anonymousreply 1April 20, 2021 3:09 PM

Probably yes, otherwise we'll get into a cycle of lockdown - lift too early - lockdown.

But I don't know what the answer is, I'm not an expert, especially when it comes to economics. But there are no true "laws" of economics. Doing x to lead to y only happens because we (citizens of capitalist societies) have agreed that x leads to y.

by Anonymousreply 2April 20, 2021 3:11 PM

Politicians are mixing the needs and wants of the population with the reality of the pandemic.

People want to start going out and traveling, and thankfully we are about 50% with at least on shot.

It’s spring so more people can eat outside.

Politicians are hedging their bets

by Anonymousreply 3April 20, 2021 3:32 PM

Helping business get back in its feet too soon costs the economy more.

by Anonymousreply 4April 20, 2021 3:33 PM

I don’t think it’s too soon. People are getting vaccines at record numbers and most are wearing masks.

by Anonymousreply 5April 20, 2021 3:41 PM

Yes...vaccines, though the best we have for now, is not an iron clad insurance of getting back to normal...like in 2019. Take it slowly. Open up gradually, while still wearing masks and getting the vaccine . It's not over and there are variants that are still mutating. It's getting better, why ruin it by being reckless too soon. We'll get there one day. I think next year we'll be back to a pretty normal life.

by Anonymousreply 6April 20, 2021 3:48 PM

..*are not an iron clad...

by Anonymousreply 7April 20, 2021 3:49 PM

There’s a point at which governments have to allow for personal responsibility.

If you don’t vaccinate and wear masks, you’re on your own.

by Anonymousreply 8April 20, 2021 4:49 PM

And a point where the government has to deal with personal irresponsibility.

by Anonymousreply 9April 21, 2021 11:47 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!