Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Grace School Manhattan fires teacher for "woke"criticism

A TEACHER who blasted his $57,000-a-year private school for "indoctrinating" students with its woke curriculum has been booted from the classroom for the rest of the year.

Paul Rossi, who taught math at Grace Church School in New York City, claimed the "antiracism" training was "deeply harmful" and "demonizing white pupils".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16April 20, 2021 4:48 PM

Good.

by Anonymousreply 1April 20, 2021 2:46 PM

Yeah, anyone complaining about kids being "indoctrinated" to "demonize whites" is not offering up any concerns in good faith, he's spouting far-right talking points.

This whole thread is a troll anyway, it's linking to the fucking Sun, for crying out loud.

by Anonymousreply 2April 20, 2021 2:51 PM

Good riddance to bad rubbish.

by Anonymousreply 3April 20, 2021 2:55 PM

Yeah, I’ve been in many private schools and it’s always the Maths teachers who have the hardest time embracing diversity beyond inserting a lesson on how the Muslims saved mathematics during the Dark Ages, and maybe adding the gals from Hidden Figures in the last few years.

by Anonymousreply 4April 20, 2021 2:58 PM

I have taken so many anti-racist and cultural competence training for work—not one of them demonized whites.

by Anonymousreply 5April 20, 2021 3:35 PM

He’s just angry he can’t be openly racist and get away with it any more

by Anonymousreply 6April 20, 2021 3:36 PM

So much for the idea the far left tolerates open criticism.

by Anonymousreply 7April 20, 2021 3:39 PM

Again, having been in a few private schools, the Maths teachers tend to be much more conservative, I think it comes with the territory.

by Anonymousreply 8April 20, 2021 3:44 PM

Head of the school saying they demonize white people for being born. Anti racism is like a pyromanic pretending to be a fireman. Wokesters are the greatest white supremacists alive because you antagonize white people for being white.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9April 20, 2021 3:50 PM

I have been meaning to read this.

I wish we could have more nuance on the left. Sometimes today's climate feels rather like a Spenserian allegory. People and ideas are good/bad, right/wrong, beneficial/harmful. It's not a particularly useful way of interacting with the world.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10April 20, 2021 4:10 PM

Any time that you see “Woke” in a thread title, know that it is the work of Right Wing trolls.

by Anonymousreply 11April 20, 2021 4:12 PM

He's absolutely right. The left has gone too far.

Now, let's go back to our history lesson where slaves are called "workers" and gay people don't exist.

by Anonymousreply 12April 20, 2021 4:13 PM

R11, most of the time it's true, but this time, this man is right

I loathe meghan kelly, but she was on Bill Maher's show talking about what her children's school is doing and the letter they sent to the parents was INSANE. It's the one time I've ever agreed with that bitch

Some other parent was in the newspaper because he took his kid out of the same school (Brearley or Collegiate)

And this is just my viewpoint, but this curriculum will not help anything or anyone

by Anonymousreply 13April 20, 2021 4:41 PM

[quote]more nuance on the left

Plenty of nuance on the left unless you're getting your talking points from the radical right.

by Anonymousreply 14April 20, 2021 4:45 PM

he said in an earlier interview he expected to lose his job. This shit is scary and it comes from the Critical Race Theory which is an extremely radical indoctrination. Its not just about "be nice to Blacks". At some point the radical left and right will merge back around on the other side of the idea sphere

by Anonymousreply 15April 20, 2021 4:47 PM

r14 The Atlantic is not the fucking "radical right" ffs

by Anonymousreply 16April 20, 2021 4:48 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!