Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

I know a lot of damaging secrets of a lot of family members.

Many family members have treated me badly over the years because I'm gay. I eventually distanced myself from nearly all of them. I could start sharing what I know with other family members. It would hurt the people who have wronged me, but it would also hurt a few in the family I still love. So why don't I do it? Why don't I ruin the lives of the many I loathe instead of protecting the feelings of so few? Why don't I do it? Is it cowardice?

by Anonymousreply 19April 20, 2021 11:17 AM

Go back to bed, Harry.

by Anonymousreply 1April 20, 2021 5:15 AM

Do it. Cause chaos.

by Anonymousreply 2April 20, 2021 5:17 AM

OP Just do it...you know you want to.....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3April 20, 2021 5:18 AM

OP, is there ever a thread you start where you are not a victim?

by Anonymousreply 4April 20, 2021 5:23 AM

There are no secrets. Everyone in the family already knows everything.

So all you accomplish is making yourself look like a jerk. Or worse.

by Anonymousreply 5April 20, 2021 5:24 AM

Do it! The truth is always welcomed. You might save a few relatives from these assholes and everyone will probably have their worst thoughts confirmed.

by Anonymousreply 6April 20, 2021 5:26 AM

OP = Did it ever occur to you that your family treat you badly because you are annoying, not because you are gay? My sister had a fling with a guy (while married to her idiot husband) and got knocked up. I don't think her hubby is her daughters father. I could tell my 25 year old niece the truth, because her fake daddy has not always been very nice to me---but why would I want to inflict pain on an innocent person?

by Anonymousreply 7April 20, 2021 5:42 AM

If a related and relevant matter comes up, I share what I know. I don’t lookout for asshole relatives and cover up for them. But I do it matter of factly. Just as FYI and part of the conversation. How they take the truth is up to them.

by Anonymousreply 8April 20, 2021 5:59 AM

I know a few home truths that certain members of my family would not appreciate my revealing to others. However, I won't stoop to their level, remembering how it hurt when they told all and sundry about my shortcomings. That's how I live with myself with no guilt or drama and as far away from the family as I could get.

by Anonymousreply 9April 20, 2021 6:06 AM

OP was birthed and promptly placed in foster care. His propensity to maim non-white children and kill small animals kept him bouncing from one family to the next. He was ultimately raised by the Klan.

He has no secrets on anyone. He's trolling.

by Anonymousreply 10April 20, 2021 6:23 AM

I'd do it - burn them down. You're estranged from most of them anyway. Revenge is very satisfying.

Still undecided? Ask yourself how the family members you want to protect reacted when you were treated badly.

by Anonymousreply 11April 20, 2021 6:24 AM

OP why do you care about these people? Move on!

by Anonymousreply 12April 20, 2021 6:36 AM

OP will no longer live in the House of Lies!

by Anonymousreply 13April 20, 2021 6:40 AM

Is there an inheritance involved? If so, hold your fire.

by Anonymousreply 14April 20, 2021 6:42 AM

Ever heard of karma, OP? Not their karma, but yours.

Let go of your resentment and move on. Living well is the best revenge.

by Anonymousreply 15April 20, 2021 7:40 AM

Forget vengeance, forget karma, move on and lead your own life. And for fuck's sake, fill it with something better than bitterness toward people from whom you've already distanced yourself and those that you haven't, yet.

You can cut them out like a cancer by walking away and not looking back. Or is that insufficiently dramatic for you? Or maybe you have nothing better with which to occupy yourself?

by Anonymousreply 16April 20, 2021 8:08 AM

Because you're better than them and because all it does is betray how attached you are to them/it. Move on, why be on the same level as them?

by Anonymousreply 17April 20, 2021 8:15 AM

Know when to take the high road and when not to.

by Anonymousreply 18April 20, 2021 8:28 AM

Behavior like this usually rebounds on you.

That said, I certainly wouldn't lie or cover up another family members shitty behavior.

by Anonymousreply 19April 20, 2021 11:17 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!