Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Lance Bass: Colton Underwood Is ‘Monetizing The Experience’ Of Being Gay

The *NSYNC singer explained why the former “Bachelor” star, who came out as gay last week, is facing backlash from many in the LGBTQ community.

“When you first come out, most people ... have no clue about the LGBT community,” he said. “They don’t know what the issues are, they have no idea because they’ve been so separated from that on purpose. So when someone comes out as a public figure, so many people immediately go to: ‘Screw that! It’s too late.’ They don’t like to support it because they don’t feel like you know what you’re talking about yet.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74June 18, 2021 7:58 AM

Says the guy who got paid good money to do a cover story for People Magazine when he came out.

He’s just angry nobody has given a shit about him for the last 15 years.

by Anonymousreply 1April 19, 2021 7:44 PM

Get to the back of the bus Lance!!!

Does Lance even have gay friends? He seems to hang exclusively with D-list Hollywood garbage.

by Anonymousreply 2April 19, 2021 7:55 PM

Who cares. Really. So is everyone on OnlyFans and TikTok or whatever the hell the kids are up to. He hurts nothing. I think playing it straight to make money is less commendable.

by Anonymousreply 3April 19, 2021 7:58 PM

Gurl, I would’ve never used a stagename of a fish.

by Anonymousreply 4April 19, 2021 8:00 PM

Lance is right. At this point in Colton's life, gay is a process, not a Netflix special.

by Anonymousreply 5April 19, 2021 8:09 PM

R5 So what? How is this different from half of the other celebrities who profit off their sexuality or sexual image? Unlike Lance, I support gay men coming out and if they can profit off of it, more power to them. Straight people do it all the time.

Lance is just jealous nobody will give him a show. He needs to go sit down and go worship Lisa Grannypump.

by Anonymousreply 6April 19, 2021 8:14 PM

He's not wrong, but then again, one could argue that he and many others have 'monetized' staying in the closet -- so, which is worse?

by Anonymousreply 7April 19, 2021 8:17 PM

Someone needs to call Colton out on pretending that he is just coming to terms with being gay.

I heard he had a boyfriend YEARS ago who he lived with.

by Anonymousreply 8April 19, 2021 8:18 PM

I'm sure Lance knows all about monetizing being gay.

by Anonymousreply 9April 19, 2021 8:19 PM

They can both suck my dick!

by Anonymousreply 10April 19, 2021 8:21 PM

Lance was desperate to do the same thing

by Anonymousreply 11April 19, 2021 8:22 PM

He isn’t wrong but so what?

by Anonymousreply 12April 19, 2021 8:24 PM

Lance would have monetized losing his cherry, but Joey took that rather clumsily years ago on tour. He was drunk, and there were many tears. Worse for poor Lance when the FatOne passed out on top of him.

by Anonymousreply 13April 19, 2021 8:25 PM

Lance is still insanely jealous of Justin and that his own career really never took off. Plus I’m sure Justin got Anvers one of those hot male groupies too.

by Anonymousreply 14April 19, 2021 8:30 PM

It’s not necessarily weird for Colton to do a Netflix show about his coming out until you consider the events that led to that which are quite weird. Like, who approached who? Did Colton shop this around? What was the timeline? Was it written into a contract that they would time the interview with his coming out with the announcement of the show? Would he have been penalized had he come out before this date financially? How much is he getting paid? How did Gus get involved? There was probably an NDA on Colton preventing him talking about his own sexuality before Netflix said he could, isn’t that a lot of levels of fucked up?

On the other hand, who cares. He’s just another reality tv star. Maybe one day he’ll be president.

by Anonymousreply 15April 19, 2021 8:31 PM

If you look at the Lance Bass interview, either his lower face is now much wider or his neck has shrunk.

Also, the eyes now look disillusioned, instead of vacant.

by Anonymousreply 16April 19, 2021 8:33 PM

Wasn't N'SYNC the ultimate monetized gayness?

by Anonymousreply 17April 19, 2021 8:36 PM

R17 Boy bands all are/were, wotj an assortment of types/appeals including the sketchy jailbait twink crowd - Joey McIntyre of NKOTB was all of 12 when he signed up, Nick Carter was 13, Timbersnake was 14. The new-creepy/sad Aaron Carter was 10 when he started.

More chicken on the counter than KFC.

by Anonymousreply 18April 19, 2021 8:47 PM

We all know on DL how you monetize being gay! 🎥

by Anonymousreply 19April 19, 2021 8:49 PM

It's a pity Lance couldn't get a PPV deal for every time he had to blow Lou Perlman.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20April 19, 2021 9:07 PM

r2 his credits extend beyond what imdb, wiki, etc show... but perhaps another lance bass or some gave a lance bass producer credit for a risque jailbait eurotrash short from money being thrown at it, grants, scholarships being paid out of a trust. in the u.s he's just a safe flamboyant gay looking like he has a permanent case of the mumps they can drag out when they need 'diversity' but it otherwise seems like he doesn't do much, too often. so, where exactly is the money coming from. how many performers, celebrities u.s. cv appear quite different from their work in other locations. they rarely put down their endorsements, commercial work, especially those overseas. it's a wonder.

by Anonymousreply 21April 19, 2021 9:21 PM

R13 aww don’t say that lmao. the Joey Fatone of JoLa fantasy is a considerate lover.

by Anonymousreply 22April 19, 2021 9:29 PM

R20 doesn’t the legend say that JC was the one taking most or all of the damage for Team *NSYNC? That’s why he’s...like he is.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23April 19, 2021 9:32 PM

Why does Lance have to be such a bitch? He can't be happy for Colton.

by Anonymousreply 24April 19, 2021 9:40 PM

R23 That guy swallowed a lot of fat old guy spunk in his day.

by Anonymousreply 25April 19, 2021 9:44 PM

Colton rose to fame pretending to be a straight virgin. Now he’s cashing in pretending to be a gay virgin. I think it’s perfectly appropriate to call him out as a big phony. I also think whatever good will he might have earned “coming out” as an act of self-liberation or a role model to others is tarnished by his immediately announcing a tv series.

by Anonymousreply 26April 19, 2021 9:52 PM

R25 my heart goes out to JC. So much talent, so much beauty, so much sweetness and such a good kind heroic nature just used and hung out to dry.

Hope Lance, Jussy and the others know just how much JC gave up and went through to protect them and give them a shot.

by Anonymousreply 27April 19, 2021 10:06 PM

Does he have an OnlyFans yet?

by Anonymousreply 28April 19, 2021 10:07 PM

Why, I had a crucial cameo in Joey Jay’s loser video on RPDR Reunion show!

by Anonymousreply 29April 19, 2021 10:20 PM

JC was always my favorite from NSync.

by Anonymousreply 30April 19, 2021 11:26 PM

I liked the Fatone. Totally my type

by Anonymousreply 31April 19, 2021 11:36 PM

Says the guy who probably tried to finagle a reality series when he dated famewhore, Reichen. People come out all the time. I can appreciate it was difficult for Colton coming from an environment that’s toxically masculine as well as toxically *Christian*. That being said, is he the best role model given his recent legal history? That shouldn’t be glossed over in an effort to put some polish on his coming out story, particularly when you know he’ll turn into a vapid Weho Instaho, white-partying it up with all the other vapid Weho Instahoes. Who just happen to be all white.

by Anonymousreply 32April 19, 2021 11:44 PM

R32.

by Anonymousreply 33April 19, 2021 11:51 PM

Everybody knew he was gay when they heard the name "Colton".

by Anonymousreply 34April 19, 2021 11:51 PM

Somebody is mad that Gus got her job. You know he’d love to do that job. Especially since he’s got some sort of arrangement with Netflix (he’s sort of on The Circle this season).

by Anonymousreply 35April 19, 2021 11:52 PM

Lance hasn’t been the same since he got fucked by Andy Cohen.

by Anonymousreply 36April 19, 2021 11:53 PM

R27 I never, ever thought Chasez was attractive, but he was always the best vocalist in the group,and could sing rings around Timberlake.

by Anonymousreply 37April 19, 2021 11:57 PM

People would rather pay to see Colton's journey than ugly-ass Lance.

by Anonymousreply 38April 20, 2021 12:02 AM

r23 JC aged well.

by Anonymousreply 39April 20, 2021 12:03 AM

I thought there was a movement to launch this guy into outer space so we would never have to hear of him again, what happened to that?

by Anonymousreply 40April 20, 2021 12:20 AM

There's nothing an old bottom hates more than a younger, more attractive bottom.

by Anonymousreply 41April 20, 2021 2:57 AM

R41 You forgot tighter.

by Anonymousreply 42April 20, 2021 3:01 AM

She looks great in the unfiltered pics. Better than in those pics where she applies her alien filters, which make her look like she’s had horrible work done.

by Anonymousreply 43April 21, 2021 9:14 AM

She’s bitter and leading the Netflix boycott, isn’t she?

by Anonymousreply 44April 21, 2021 9:15 AM

Pot, meet Kettle.

by Anonymousreply 45April 21, 2021 10:00 AM

People make fun of African American ghetto names, well I give you “Colton.”

by Anonymousreply 46April 21, 2021 10:39 AM

R42 Poor Lance was left loose and baggy after all those years of taking that thick Fatone sausage.

by Anonymousreply 47April 21, 2021 11:23 AM

This was posted by Colton to his stories.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48May 2, 2021 6:52 PM

Says the former boy bander currently in a cheesy Geico Insurance commercial.

by Anonymousreply 49May 2, 2021 6:57 PM

Lance has never gotten over the non-renewal of the television masterpiece "Finding Prince Whore"

by Anonymousreply 50May 2, 2021 7:19 PM

Lance has a very hot husband (irrelevant but YUM) and he's not wrong. It's fucking gross to come out and the first thing you did is launch a reality show.

by Anonymousreply 51May 2, 2021 7:22 PM

“Some people got it and make it pay, some can’t even give it away”

by Anonymousreply 52May 2, 2021 7:23 PM

[quote]Lance has a very hot husband (irrelevant but YUM) and he's not wrong. It's fucking gross to come out and the first thing you did is launch a reality show.

He got his start on a reality show. Attention becomes a drug to these people. They are always looking at ways to get more.

And Lance has no room to talk, appearing on Lisa Vanderpump's shitty "reality" show Overserved.

by Anonymousreply 53May 2, 2021 7:24 PM

R52 Well deez person got it and deez persons spread it round!

by Anonymousreply 54May 2, 2021 7:26 PM

I see nothing wrong. If he's coming out he might as well do it in style!

by Anonymousreply 55May 2, 2021 8:16 PM

Colton says that he probably owns between 150 to 200 pairs of sneakers.

by Anonymousreply 56June 17, 2021 5:44 AM

Has he fallen off the planet? I hope so.

by Anonymousreply 57June 17, 2021 5:47 AM

Has his ex Reichen weighed in?

by Anonymousreply 58June 17, 2021 5:58 AM

I love Lance. He's a gay from my generation and I had a crush on him before he was out. I thought he was the cutest of the group and I heard he is a power top. Anyhow, Lance monetizes on the gay experience all day long. He owns part of Rocco's which is a huge gay bar/restaurant in WeHo and he also bought Rage, which he is turning into the biggest gay dance club in the US. I get it. While we are still young, gorgeous, and barely a day over 25, nothing is as hot as young, fresh meat. Always has been, always will be...sadly.

by Anonymousreply 59June 17, 2021 6:31 AM

This makes Lance look really bad. It makes me not like him anymore. Why does he have to be so divisive and tear people down? What a petty bitch.

by Anonymousreply 60June 17, 2021 6:59 AM

Lance is a huge hypocrite. Back in the day, he was THE gay monetizing being gay, first with a People cover and then dating reality whore Reichen and trying to monetize that into a series or a business. Then he went into business with Jax Taylor from Vanderpump Rules because he can’t stay away from reality whores.

So why isn’t he on top of Colton since he loves reality whores so much? You would think he would be the first to cozy up to him and try to do business with him. Did Colton reject him and that’s why he’s lashing out now?

by Anonymousreply 61June 17, 2021 7:03 AM

[quote] “When you first come out, most people ... have no clue about the LGBT community,” he said. “They don’t know what the issues are, they have no idea because they’ve been so separated from that on purpose. So when someone comes out as a public figure, so many people immediately go to: ‘Screw that! It’s too late.’ They don’t like to support it because they don’t feel like you know what you’re talking about yet.”

What the fuck is this eldergay talking about? People have the internet now. They know what the gay community is. They know what their issues are about.

by Anonymousreply 62June 17, 2021 7:07 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63June 17, 2021 6:35 PM

Yes Lance is like the one at the bar every weekend for years who everyone had their turn with and some hot new guy shows up that just came out of the closet.

by Anonymousreply 64June 17, 2021 7:33 PM

Pretty sure it was fat old guy slurping up young boy spunk which explains how he got away with it for so long.

Lance is probably most irritated that Gus and not he got the role of Sherpa. The degree to which this kind of slumming it undercuts Gus’s cultural cache will be a lesson for him.

by Anonymousreply 65June 17, 2021 7:50 PM

Lance needs to STFU, seriously.

by Anonymousreply 66June 17, 2021 9:44 PM

We know Gus showed Colton how to properly suck dick.

by Anonymousreply 67June 18, 2021 12:22 AM

Gus must be hard up for cash - I would have thought he had sponships galore, especially after his very media savvy coming out. I'm sure it will be very tastefully done :)

by Anonymousreply 68June 18, 2021 12:37 AM

Lance is just jealous white gay.

by Anonymousreply 69June 18, 2021 1:40 AM

R67 Please, Colty been suckin' the D since he was 15 and working to get that XY layout.

by Anonymousreply 70June 18, 2021 5:59 AM

Most of DL would not understand what it feels like when a devastatingly handsome man no longer turns every single head when walking into a room and realizing the aging process is on the horizon in the next 10, 15 years.

by Anonymousreply 71June 18, 2021 7:00 AM

And why would Lance Bass of all people understand that? When has this troll ever been handsome?

by Anonymousreply 72June 18, 2021 7:17 AM

Remember when Lance said in his coming out interview that people didn’t realize he was gay because he was a SAG and not a FAG? SAG stands for Straight Acting Gay.

by Anonymousreply 73June 18, 2021 7:20 AM

Lance Bass was L.A. plain at best.

by Anonymousreply 74June 18, 2021 7:58 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!