Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Most mass shootings are connected to domestic violence

Pretty sad, a ton of these guys have a history of attacking their wives or gfs

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7April 19, 2021 7:05 PM

The incels that do the shootings must be stabbing blow-up dolls or pillows.

by Anonymousreply 1April 19, 2021 5:25 PM

The biggest red flag of all. Any domestic violence conviction should immediately lead to the loss of any right to own a firearm, plus special monitoring to the extent possible to make sure they don't get a gun, ever. It won't work entirely, somebody really determined can get one of the 300 million or so guns in this stupid country, but it should absolutely be made as difficult as possible for anyone with a domestic violence history.

by Anonymousreply 2April 19, 2021 5:30 PM

R1 but are they stabbing MyPillows? If so, I approve.

by Anonymousreply 3April 19, 2021 5:30 PM

OP's title misrepresents the story, and the graph, as far as I can see, proves that the connection between mass shootings and partner abuse is, if anything, vastly exaggerated.

Feminists have been pushing hard for this notion, in order to inflame societal obsession with female victimhood, but any truth to their argument is wholly trivial. Violent criminals perpetrate a myriad of crimes. Serial killers harm animals, some rapists are also robbers... so, it wouldn't be surprising if mass shooters beat their wives at higher than average rates. That'd be expected of all other violent criminal categories, too. None of this is surprising, or even interesting.

by Anonymousreply 4April 19, 2021 5:39 PM

R4 didn't look at the graphs, he just wants an excuse to lash out at "feminists"

He'll act like women are the problem when 97% of mass shooters are male

He'll accuse feminists of playing the victim, while insisting that men are tgecreal victims

The MRA types here are the same ones who voted for Trump and think the election was "stolen"

Ignore the trolls

by Anonymousreply 5April 19, 2021 6:01 PM

yeah, I'm guessing r4 shouldn't have a gun either, but probably does. It's a weird rule in this country: every asshole must be given a gun at the earliest opportunity.

by Anonymousreply 6April 19, 2021 6:38 PM

Yep. Almost every one of them has a Domestic in their background report. If they can't handle being a dad/boyfriend/husband or the pressures of that (and that includes the possibility of being dumped and having the ex move on) then they shouldn't be allowed to handle firearms, which are used for KILLING.

They're just too delicate, emotionally. Just too fragile to live, really. Why, if I was one of them, I'd make a date with one of my mom's scarves, a couple doorknobs, a strong knot and my neck. Life is too much, too cruel for straight dudes!

by Anonymousreply 7April 19, 2021 7:05 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!