Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Why all the hate for Renee Fleming?

She sounded beautiful at Biden's Inauguration.

But there seems to be a lot of hate directed at her....is it because she scoops into high notes? Overacts? Her creamy but boring voice?

by Anonymousreply 12April 19, 2021 11:38 PM

Don't cast a wide net, OP. It's your own hate and trolling.

Your disingenuous is on full blast.

by Anonymousreply 1April 19, 2021 2:55 PM

I like her.

by Anonymousreply 2April 19, 2021 2:55 PM

Love her!

What a stupid post, OP.

by Anonymousreply 3April 19, 2021 2:56 PM

I usually love velvety voices (Price, Mitchell, TeKanawa, etc) but for some odd reason, Fleming’s bores me.

I have so many of her CDs but I rarely listen to them (I do like her Verismo CD).

I can’t explain it except for maybe that she doesn’t really do anything with her voice except to rely on its innate beauty. Price, on the other hand, brings in so many colors and emotions.

by Anonymousreply 4April 19, 2021 2:57 PM

I’ve never really liked her voice. I guess she’s talented, but her voice is very dark and not sparkly or powerful. Sometimes, I think she’d be a better mezzo.

I’ll always pass on her to listen to Norman, Sutherland, Nilsson, Freni, Caballé, Popp, etc,

by Anonymousreply 5April 19, 2021 2:58 PM

I live in DC and the word on the street here is that she played the ultra-diva throughout the Inaugural events, trying to make everything about HER.

That said, she is still one of my favorite sopranos.

by Anonymousreply 6April 19, 2021 2:58 PM

She was at the inauguration? I don’t even remember

by Anonymousreply 7April 19, 2021 3:03 PM

I only saw her live in Traviata and in recital. She was fine but she sounds the same in everything.

I saw a televised Onegin concert where she was pretty spectacular though

by Anonymousreply 8April 19, 2021 3:05 PM

She suddenly disappeared. Sadly, despite moments of stardom, her career really won't go down in history as being legendary.

by Anonymousreply 9April 19, 2021 8:26 PM

She's never warm. Her voice seems so cold and neutered to me.

by Anonymousreply 10April 19, 2021 8:35 PM

I'm indifferent toward her as I don't constantly operate on hatred like OP who always hates everyone and everything and needs people to feel as wretchedly as she does.

by Anonymousreply 11April 19, 2021 8:48 PM

R11. Indifference is worse than hate

by Anonymousreply 12April 19, 2021 11:38 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!