Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Miami is a cultural wasteland and trashy dump with nothing to recommend about it

Prove me wrong

by Anonymousreply 12April 19, 2021 4:02 PM

Why should we? Prove it for yourself whichever way you want.

by Anonymousreply 1April 19, 2021 2:47 PM

r1

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2April 19, 2021 2:50 PM

I would say that about Atlanta, OP. But Miami?

by Anonymousreply 3April 19, 2021 2:57 PM

Miami is pretty ugly outside of Miami Beach

by Anonymousreply 4April 19, 2021 2:58 PM

Didn't Castro empty his insane asylums and prisons there back in the day?

by Anonymousreply 5April 19, 2021 3:01 PM

Miami is trash. Proving you wrong is impossible, OP.

Lol!

by Anonymousreply 6April 19, 2021 3:06 PM

Port-au-Prince North.

by Anonymousreply 7April 19, 2021 3:39 PM

Such a shock to see the transformation from the hip, chic South Beach of the 90s to the trashy, ghetto Ocean Drive of today. Wynwood is somewhat cool - but it seems so manufactured. Miami seems to have so much potential - but have yet to find a place or environment that I like. And it’s just sad that the gay nightlife is more vibrant in Wilton Manors than Miami.

by Anonymousreply 8April 19, 2021 3:45 PM

Miami is way more interesting than Atlanta--granted that's a low bar.

by Anonymousreply 9April 19, 2021 3:47 PM

I'm moving to San Francisco where I can steal up to $950 worth of items at a CVS and NOT get arrested.

by Anonymousreply 10April 19, 2021 3:53 PM

I grew up there, so unfortunately, I can't. Although, I will say it provided me with an incredibly diverse environment. As a white girl with European parents, I learned everything I needed to about the world in SOFL. I was exposed to so many different cultures that I am a lifelong ironclad liberal because of it. I used to say that growing up in Miami meant that all of my closest friends were Cuban, black, or gay, and sometimes all three. I also lived through a couple of riots. I went back to live in Ft Lauderdale several years back, after being away from Florida for over 20 years, but it really hadn't gotten any better and I left after Trump was elected. That place had become unbearable.

by Anonymousreply 11April 19, 2021 3:55 PM

[quote] Wynwood is somewhat cool - but it seems so manufactured.

That's actually dead on. I felt that, too. I used to take photos of all the street art but it does come across as calculated.

by Anonymousreply 12April 19, 2021 4:02 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!