Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

What do you do when you realize that no one really cares about you?

Do you eventually get used to the feeling of total emptiness inside?

by Anonymousreply 16April 20, 2021 11:45 AM

You celebrate! Because it means you don;t have to give a shit about anyone else either! See a therapist about depression though.

by Anonymousreply 1April 19, 2021 1:32 PM

I know no one cares about me at all, but I don’t find it depressing at all, really. I have many acquaintances and that’s enough. I just live my life.

by Anonymousreply 2April 19, 2021 1:35 PM

You’re supposed to learn to love yourself—if you can achieve that you don’t need the constant affirmation of others.

When you have that sense of self, and lose the desperate need for approval, then you actually attract the affection of others.

by Anonymousreply 3April 19, 2021 1:38 PM

R3 Very wise advice that i have found to be true.

by Anonymousreply 4April 19, 2021 1:40 PM

Once upon a time Empty Nest Moms of all persuasions embraced this:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5April 19, 2021 1:42 PM

Including law enforcement? Good!

by Anonymousreply 6April 19, 2021 1:54 PM

Every single time I visit The Data Lounge.

by Anonymousreply 7April 19, 2021 2:00 PM

I guess you could start with looking at what your definition of love is.

Seriously, what is it that’s encompassed by that?

by Anonymousreply 8April 19, 2021 2:32 PM

[quote] What do you do when you realize that no one really cares about you?

Fortunately, we aren't you. It sounds like your own self realization.

Oh. And stop trolling.

by Anonymousreply 9April 19, 2021 2:46 PM

R9, fuck you and the horse you rode up on.

by Anonymousreply 10April 19, 2021 3:17 PM

True freedom and wisdom comes from realizing you are completely unimportant. Being just another speck in the universe is incredibly freeing. No reason to be depressed about it.

by Anonymousreply 11April 19, 2021 3:39 PM

This was something I dealt with most of my life. In my early forties, I started an anti-depressant and worked with a therapist. I was able to stop worrying about it and became able to focus on making myself happy. I was then in the right mind set to attract good people into my life (some of them were already there, but I was too depressed to be able to appreciate them the way I can now). It took a few years but I'm really happy I put in the work.

by Anonymousreply 12April 19, 2021 3:57 PM

I myself have had tons of sex, but never had a boyfriend... or even been on many conventional dates. (I clearly have intimacy issues!) (Don’t get me started on my childhood!)

But this week I had a very vivid dream that my late best friend from college (a really cool lesbian) was riding in a car with her wife and me. I was so thrilled to be with her again and that she’d somehow found a way to visit from beyond the grave! At the end of the dream I was cradling her head to my chest and weeping, saying “I love you” over and over.

On the topic of love, what made me love this close friend was a mixture of things - she was smart, funny, creative, a little wild, which are all enjoyable, entertaining things. But maybe the strongest pull was that she was completely accepting and enthusiastic about me, too. She was really open and affectionate. And we had a long shared history (doing our junior year abroad together, both being in the Theater Department, etc.)

I don’t know where I’m going with this. It’s just funny to see this thread when I had an intense dream recently about being reunited with a true loved one.

by Anonymousreply 13April 19, 2021 6:36 PM

My cats are always glad to see me.

by Anonymousreply 14April 19, 2021 9:28 PM

I realized that I was just like the other billion-plus people who have no one who really cares about them.

Look around you. Pay attention. A substantial percentage of humanity have unsatisfactory to downright abusive personal relationships, or no relationships at all.

The notion that everyone else has/are in stable, happy relationships is actually a delusion.

by Anonymousreply 15April 19, 2021 10:30 PM

Plan for the future, live for today. As cheesy as it sounds, that makes it easier to deal with facts like R11's. You're just a little blip here anyway. Do what you can do now, try to save just in case you live longer.

by Anonymousreply 16April 20, 2021 11:45 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!