Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

What is your favorite Mariah song? What is your least favorite?

What song is/songs are your favorite by Mariah?

I love Always Be My Baby. It’s a timeless classic. It’s just so good!

I also love We Belong Together and Beautiful

As far as least favorite, I never liked My All. Sorry. It’s a bore.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41April 19, 2021 7:39 PM

The only Mariah song I can name is Butterfly

Though I know the complete works of Grace Slick, Stevie Nicks, Laurie Anderson, and the Heart sisters.

by Anonymousreply 1April 19, 2021 12:55 AM

I'm not trying to be original, I swear this is true. The only song of hers I can recall is "All I want for Christmas is you".

by Anonymousreply 2April 19, 2021 12:59 AM

One Sweet Day

by Anonymousreply 3April 19, 2021 1:01 AM

R2 look at her singles list and their charting history.

That’s bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 4April 19, 2021 1:02 AM

Of the hits/singles: Favourite: I Don’t Wanna Cry (especially the live version and released last year on the Rareties album from 1996 when her voice was at its peak) Least favourite: Shake It Off and the awful Boy (I Need You)

by Anonymousreply 5April 19, 2021 1:06 AM

Also, Emotions and Make it happen. I prefer her earlier hits.

by Anonymousreply 6April 19, 2021 1:07 AM

R4: it’s funny, I do think this is true of a lot of people. Certainly outside the US where even though Mariah has also sold tonnes of albums and has 20+ top ten singles in most countries, a lot of people do struggle to name anything but AIWFCIY.

by Anonymousreply 7April 19, 2021 1:08 AM

That’s always gonna be the first song people think of. Doesn’t mean it’s the only song they know.

by Anonymousreply 8April 19, 2021 1:13 AM

Of her hits, Always Be My Baby is my favorite too. Great song that was a nice departure from her huge ballads that I NEVER need to hear again.

Of her album cuts: "Yours" from the forgotten Charmbracelet album. Every time I listen I just melt (MARY!) Its like falling in love for the first time

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9April 19, 2021 1:17 AM

I'm not a "Lamb" or even a casual fan. But I like a bits & pieces of Mariah's catalog. As far as a favorite, I ADORE this Cole & Clivillés mix of 'Emotion'. Even though this falls under the Dance/Club genre, it's one of the most authentically soulful & R&B-oriented things she recorded during her early period when she was still singing in full voice. Fantastic!

Honorable mention goes to other personal favorites, 'Love Takes Time', 'Make It Happen', 'Always Be My Baby' (remix with Xscape) & 'I Still Believe/Pure Imagination' (Damizza Remix).

Least favorite hands down is that fucking Christmas song, 'All I Want For Christmas Is You'! What a piece of shit! Out of all of the excellent contemporary Christmas songs that have been released (and ignored) over the last 30 years, I'll never understand how this one didn't slip through the cracks as well. They were going for a Phil Spector Christmas vibe but IMO it falls flat. Grating & obnoxious!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10April 19, 2021 1:17 AM

Her song #BEAUTIFUL with Miguel is so underrated and should have been a hit. It’s actually very good.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11April 19, 2021 1:23 AM

kinda with r2. I know she's supposed to be amazing, and I know I've heard the name for years and years, but I never am able to remember a single song of hers.

by Anonymousreply 12April 19, 2021 1:24 AM

R10: I love that as not even a casual fan you know and love the Always Be My Baby and I Still Believe mixes. Mid 90s to early 00s Mariah put so much effort into her remixes. For the R&B ones there’s those two and also the My All (Stay A While) remix and Thank God I Found You/Make It Last with Nas. All four are perfect.

by Anonymousreply 13April 19, 2021 1:24 AM

R11: at the time I think #15 in the charts was pretty good for her. Much as I’d love her to her another #1 I think the days of her hitting the Hot 100 even are pretty much over. Maybe the lower half at a push. (Of course I’m ignoring AIWFCIY which will hit #1 every December till chart rules change).

Beautiful wasn’t helped by the ‘F’ word being in the chorus I expect or her once again acting like a 20-something slut in the video.

by Anonymousreply 14April 19, 2021 1:27 AM

R10: add Anytime You Need A friend (Soul Convention mix) to that list too

by Anonymousreply 15April 19, 2021 1:30 AM

My favorites are Breakdown and The Roof (the remix with Mobb Deep) from Butterfly, her covers of Didn't Mean to Turn You On and Last Night a DJ Saved My Life from Glitter, the Heartbreaker Remix from Rainbow, and Melt Away from Daydream. Debra Wilson's parody of the Heartbreaker video is also a classic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16April 19, 2021 1:34 AM

This is a classic. I remember how massive this song was when it came out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17April 19, 2021 1:39 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18April 19, 2021 1:45 AM

Mariah who?

by Anonymousreply 19April 19, 2021 1:47 AM

I hate her song Hero

by Anonymousreply 20April 19, 2021 1:53 AM

I forgot to least my least favorites: Hero and Vision of Love

DO NOT WANT

by Anonymousreply 21April 19, 2021 1:55 AM

[quote] [R10]: I love that as not even a casual fan you know and love the Always Be My Baby and I Still Believe mixes. Mid 90s to early 00s Mariah put so much effort into her remixes.

R13, I'm a 90s kid who regularly purchased music and stayed glued to the radio, MTV & BET. Mariah was all over the place; so I couldn't help but find some things out of her catalog that I liked.

[quote] Mid 90s to early 00s Mariah put so much effort into her remixes.

I agree, she really did! And would even expand that even to the very beginning of her career. Her remixes were like completely different songs. If you didn't like the original version, she (and her people) made damn sure that there was a remix out there for you! LOL.

[quote] For the R&B ones there’s those two and also the My All (Stay A While) remix and Thank God I Found You/Make It Last with Nas.

I still remember purchasing the 'Thank God I Found You/Make It Last "maxi CD single" from Sam Goody! LOL

[quote][R10]: add Anytime You Need A friend (Soul Convention mix) to that list too

Yes, R15. That was another favorite of mine back in the day.

And I hate to end this on negativity but I completely forgot that I DESPISE 'One Sweet Day' & 'Endless Love' probably even more than 'All I Want For Christmas Is You'. Unlistenable!

by Anonymousreply 22April 19, 2021 2:06 AM

I like the one where she shuts up.

by Anonymousreply 23April 19, 2021 2:07 AM

Not a huge fan but My mom had the album that had My All and Fantasy on it. I kinda liked it.

by Anonymousreply 24April 19, 2021 2:17 AM

No love for the Honey or the remix?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25April 19, 2021 2:20 AM

My favorite would be Vision of Love, or All I want for Xmas; my least favorite is Hero.

by Anonymousreply 26April 19, 2021 2:45 AM

Vision of Love is the one I seek out the most. It hits the sing a long spot the way other songs of hers don't. Least favorite: One Sweet Day. I heard enough for a lifetime when it was a single, still feel no need to ever hear it again.

by Anonymousreply 27April 19, 2021 2:47 AM

What are MeAgain’s favorite Mariah songs? I want to know so I can HATE them.

by Anonymousreply 28April 19, 2021 2:51 AM

R28 lmao I’m sure she’s a fan though.

by Anonymousreply 29April 19, 2021 3:31 AM

Favorite: None of them.

Least favorite: All of them.

by Anonymousreply 30April 19, 2021 4:08 AM

The intro to this is everything:

Emotions Unplugged

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31April 19, 2021 4:17 AM

No love for Dreamlover ?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32April 19, 2021 7:08 AM

Underneath the stars

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33April 19, 2021 9:01 AM

R33 that's mariah favorite song of hers according to her. That's a beautiful well-written song.

The ancient gay here doesn't like Mariah. I am not ashamed to say it out loud. I love Mariah. She's everything.

by Anonymousreply 34April 19, 2021 9:43 AM

My favorite track by Mariah is actually "Daydream Interlude (Fantasy Sweet Dub Mix)".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35April 19, 2021 10:49 AM

I like many of her songs. The issue with her is she has too many big ballads.

Always Be My Baby and We Belong Together are light pop ballads. She has too many like Hero and My All.

She needed to lighten up.

by Anonymousreply 36April 19, 2021 11:12 AM

Vision. Of. Love.

All-time favorite.

by Anonymousreply 37April 19, 2021 11:30 AM

Never been a hardcore MC fan, but preferred dance remixes, like R32 and others

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38April 19, 2021 11:43 AM

Not a big Mariah fan but have to admit that Breakdown is a great song. Very underrated.

by Anonymousreply 39April 19, 2021 6:37 PM

Fantasy will always be her best album.

by Anonymousreply 40April 19, 2021 6:48 PM

Agree r36. Mariah and Whitney tried so hard to out ballad each other in the early to mid 90s before they finally moved away from the dreck. I think both them were sick to death of singing those ballads and couldn't wait to make other music.

by Anonymousreply 41April 19, 2021 7:39 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!