Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Neighbor who tossed an elderly Jewish woman off a balcony while yelling 'Allahu Akbar' avoids trial because he smoked weed

France's top court ruled on Wednesday that the killer of an elderly Jewish woman will not go on trial, France24 reported.

Kobili Traoré admitted to murdering his neighbor, Sarah Halimi, in 2017. He shouted "Allahu Akbar," or "God is great" in Arabic, and "I killed the devil," shortly before throwing her off the balcony of her third-floor Paris apartment, The New York Times said.

On Wednesday, the Court of Cassation - France's final court of appeal - affirmed two prior judgments that ruled that Traoré could not be held criminally responsible for his actions because he was in a state of drug-induced psychosis.

Traoré, a drug dealer, smoked pot every day for 13 years and had up to 15 joints a day, Israel Hayom reported. Toxicological analysis revealed the presence of cannabis in his blood on the day he was arrested, the French newspaper Libération said.

The court noted that "a person is not criminally responsible if suffering, at the time of the event, from psychic or neuropsychic disturbance that has eliminated all discernment or control," The Times said.

Traoré will be held in mental health institutions until doctors deem him fit to return to society, according to reports.

In December 2019, President Emmanuel Macron made a rare intervention by criticizing the Paris appeals court for saying that Traore was unfit for trial.

"Even if, in the end, the judge decided that there was no criminal responsibility, there is a need for a trial," Macron said in 2020.

The country's top magistrates then criticized Macron for impacting the "independence of the justice system," The Times of Israel reported.

The ruling has angered French politicians and France's Jewish community, the largest in Europe.

Dozens of French senators have reacted by proposing a revision to the law that exonerates a crime due to a drug-induced psychosis, The New York Times said.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114September 12, 2022 5:56 PM

OP/Defarto is probably rubbing one out over this story. He loves this kind of violence.

by Anonymousreply 1April 19, 2021 12:36 AM

The French at their nastiest. The Vichy government has returned. Even the French themselves will admit they are not nice people.

by Anonymousreply 2April 19, 2021 12:40 AM

R1 Only when it happens to your mom.

by Anonymousreply 3April 19, 2021 12:41 AM

This thread has been up for 15 min. Where are all the fetish apologizers?

by Anonymousreply 4April 19, 2021 12:47 AM

Crazy! I should move to France w/ my chronic weed habit and rob banks and not be criminally responsible.

by Anonymousreply 5April 19, 2021 12:49 AM

Defacto probably supported Dylan Roof and the guy who shot up the Asian massage parlors. He isn't concerned about white racist conservatives who kill

by Anonymousreply 6April 19, 2021 12:50 AM

R6 that was 2015. How about joining us in the present, sweet cheeks?

by Anonymousreply 7April 19, 2021 12:56 AM

Defecto, are you really trying to make this about him being a religious fanatic when he clearly wasn't? Is this your way of trying to blame the guy running a Mideastern restaurant in like Newark? You really are just a cunt. Whatever that psycho did is on him alone. You're a shit.

Sure, defecto/R7, because it's not like we can point to any right-wing assholes like you doing anything since then, right? You really are just like having a cockroach on this site.

by Anonymousreply 8April 19, 2021 1:00 AM

A travesty. No wonder Jews are leaving that anti-semitic country in droves.

by Anonymousreply 9April 19, 2021 1:01 AM

R8 All I did was post an article. Take your pills, dear.

by Anonymousreply 10April 19, 2021 1:03 AM

but was she doing the hoochie coochie dance?

by Anonymousreply 11April 19, 2021 1:03 AM

[quote]This thread has been up for 15 min. Where are all the fetish apologizers?

Perhaps realizing that only an idiot would make this about anyone but the actual asshole who did it?

Perhaps realizing that someone on drugs isn't exactly religiously-pious?

Perhaps realizing that the "fetish" would be thinking it's normal to witness white killer after white killer and managing not to blame the entire white world, yet you seem to have that inability when the killer is something else? You seem to think it's normal that if some loon drug addict does this, you get to blame people no where near it because of what they are. You think that's normal?

No, you didn't, R10. You and a couple of other assholes on here link to these for one purpose. Don't play stupid. That's the irony of what R4 said. It's people like you who have the actual fetish. You can't wait for this shit because you think this one psycho gives you free license to go off about millions who had zilch to do with it.

by Anonymousreply 12April 19, 2021 1:07 AM

Stupid motherfucker.

by Anonymousreply 13April 19, 2021 1:08 AM

R4 I think you have your answer with R12.

Says in first sentence it should only be about the person who did it, writes 3 paragraphs blaming everyone else.

by Anonymousreply 14April 19, 2021 1:10 AM

Defarto, will the sanctions make it difficult for you in Moscow?

by Anonymousreply 15April 19, 2021 1:11 AM

r12/Defacto Stan Loon, enjoy your soon to be diagnosed stage 4 cancer. YOU DESERVE IT! Give your doctor a kiss for me.

by Anonymousreply 16April 19, 2021 1:14 AM

R6 the murderer is a black African from Mali. He would make a lousy white supremacist.

by Anonymousreply 17April 19, 2021 1:14 AM

Weed is a helluva drug??

by Anonymousreply 18April 19, 2021 1:18 AM

Worldwide, people are more concerned with the well-being and rights of violent men than their victims. The male supremacist world is a horror show.

by Anonymousreply 19April 19, 2021 1:19 AM

she shouldn't have bogarted the joint.

by Anonymousreply 20April 19, 2021 1:20 AM

Woman is tossed to her death by stoned woman.

Defarto be like

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21April 19, 2021 1:28 AM

So he threw the Bubbee out with the bathwater?

by Anonymousreply 22April 19, 2021 2:43 AM

r22 😭you’re terrible.

by Anonymousreply 23April 19, 2021 2:47 AM

Defacturd never met a story about Muslims being bad that it didn’t like. Defacturd = Anscher?

by Anonymousreply 24April 19, 2021 2:54 AM

Karen r24 doesn’t think we should be allowed to talk about this story. Sorry Karen, maybe you should ask for the manager of DL.

by Anonymousreply 25April 19, 2021 2:56 AM

It's over, Defarto. Move along now.

You don't belong here.

by Anonymousreply 26April 19, 2021 2:58 AM

R7 2015 - that’s, like, your home address, right?

by Anonymousreply 27April 19, 2021 2:59 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28April 19, 2021 3:05 AM

Right r28? It would be slightly less offensive if he were hawt like Scott Peterson or Chris Watts.

by Anonymousreply 29April 19, 2021 3:07 AM

I'll bet he ate a Twinkie after the weed. How can anyone in that condition be blamed for their actions. GMAFB!

by Anonymousreply 30April 19, 2021 3:11 AM

Simply disgusting!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31April 19, 2021 3:51 AM

If there was any doubt it is now open season on Jews in France. As Muslim "immigrants" spread all over western Europe look for more of the same not just against Jews, but anything else followers of Islam don't like including gays, trans, females wearing immodest dress, etc......

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32April 19, 2021 3:53 AM

Uh oh r32. You’re gonna piss off r8 and r12 (our self-appointed board chiefs) with that reply!

by Anonymousreply 33April 19, 2021 4:07 AM

R33 is R32 talking to himself and trolling his own thread.

Get lost, Defarto. You don't belong here.

by Anonymousreply 34April 19, 2021 4:09 AM

R34 I heard you the first time, sweetie.

by Anonymousreply 35April 19, 2021 4:11 AM

Instead of attacking Defacto how about reacting to the fact that France just let a Jew-killer off for no reason?

by Anonymousreply 36April 19, 2021 4:12 AM

Antisemitism in France is common.

by Anonymousreply 37April 19, 2021 4:19 AM

This is worse than the Dreyfus Affair. She paid with her life for being a Jew in France. This is a welling up of anti-semitism in all levels of French society and culture. Perhaps the Muslims in France will hold rallies and protests against anti-semitism.

by Anonymousreply 38April 19, 2021 5:13 AM

Is there any country out there as anti-Arab AND antisemetic as France??

by Anonymousreply 39April 19, 2021 5:24 AM

What an awesome comeback defacturd at r25 — have they started talking about “Karen” on Fox and Friends?

by Anonymousreply 40April 19, 2021 1:18 PM

Iran, r39?

by Anonymousreply 41April 19, 2021 1:21 PM

Europeans are not anti Semitic and don’t think about, hear about or talk about Jews, unless you live near a Jewish area of which there are very few compared to in the US. The new rise of anti-semitism in Europe is due solely to the increase in the Muslim populations. I feel sad for Sarah Halimi that her life was ended like that.

by Anonymousreply 42April 19, 2021 1:35 PM

r6 arabs are considered white by most census reports. so, your white supremacy is showing.

by Anonymousreply 43April 19, 2021 1:42 PM

France has turned a blind eye to Muslim attacks against Jewish since the 1980s. After all, the French have a long history of appeasing the followers of Jew-hating, brutal, authoritarian ideologies.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44April 19, 2021 1:45 PM

[quote] [R6] that was 2015. How about joining us in the present, sweet cheeks?

The Asian massage parlor killings were in 2015? Try last month.

But I must agree with r36. Why are we discussing the delusions of defacto instead of the crime that was committed?

by Anonymousreply 45April 19, 2021 1:55 PM

[quote]Defacturd = Anscher?

No, Defacto posts threads about farting, Matt would never do that.

by Anonymousreply 46April 19, 2021 2:08 PM

[quote]Why are we discussing the delusions of defacto instead of the crime that was committed?

Because it was trollbait?

Because none of us live in France?

Because it's the result of a stupid law about drug use and crime, that members of the French government are already looking into getting rid of because of abuses like this?

by Anonymousreply 47April 19, 2021 2:09 PM

[quote]Europeans are not anti Semitic and don’t think about, hear about or talk about Jews, unless you live near a Jewish area of which there are very few compared to in the US. The new rise of anti-semitism in Europe is due solely to the increase in the Muslim populations. I feel sad for Sarah Halimi that her life was ended like that.

Jeremy Corbyn and Jean Luc Mélenchon manage to be virulent anti semites without the help of Islam.

by Anonymousreply 48April 19, 2021 2:11 PM

r44 the same applies to most of euro union and the west as well, especially since they can't think of jews separate to israel and already justify the culture of martyrdom and govt paid acts of terror via palestine/gaza.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49April 19, 2021 2:12 PM

r49 like the myth of israeli apartheid or that israel is made up purely of ashkenzai while giving a big pass to the active nazi worship in gaza/pa and the route to which bosnians and albanians filled up the pa - most notably in the terrorist posterchild of "shirley temper"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50April 19, 2021 2:15 PM

So, if I kill someone driving while drunk in France, do I get a pass, as well?

by Anonymousreply 51April 19, 2021 2:20 PM

Of course. Even if you manage to drive a school bus off the road killing 50 kids you didn't really mean to so you'll receive a class on holding your liquor so well everyone else will be under the table before you.

by Anonymousreply 52April 19, 2021 2:27 PM

The religion of peace works in mysterious ways.

by Anonymousreply 53April 19, 2021 2:28 PM

People are so afraid and apathetic of Islam. History always repeats itself.

by Anonymousreply 54April 19, 2021 2:29 PM

In 50 years, when Islam is larger than today—I can’t imagine what the world will be like.

by Anonymousreply 55April 19, 2021 2:38 PM

It is sickening on so many levels. Avoiding a trial because he was smoking a fucking joint - pull the other one please.

If everyone who smoked a joint went and shoved somebody out of a window and killed them there wouldn't be many people left on the planet.

Can't the French at the very least deport this piece of human garbage back to where he crawled out from.

by Anonymousreply 56April 19, 2021 2:40 PM

Defarto, stop feeding your own thread. It's over. Move along.

by Anonymousreply 57April 19, 2021 2:48 PM

Hopefully Mossad have got a French agent observing Kobili Traoré's movements and planning an unfortunate mugging which leaves him with injuries severe enough to curtail his quality of life.

by Anonymousreply 58April 19, 2021 2:51 PM

She’s shoulda passed the Dutchie 'pon the left hand side!

by Anonymousreply 59April 19, 2021 2:56 PM

Drug-induced psychosis is a thing, supposedly. I don't associate it with someone smoking too much weed, though. Well, not to the extent it could make someone legally not responsible for their crimes...and anyway I don't think you could get away with this in the U.S. if you freely ingested the substance. As for the religious angle, by contrast, you have this news story today as well. This guy was jailed for anti-Semitic discrimination and finally deported. So despite the freakouts I hardly think Muslims are above the law in France.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60April 19, 2021 2:59 PM

[quote]Jeremy Corbyn and Jean Luc Mélenchon manage to be virulent anti semites without the help of Islam.

R48 Corbyn and Melenchon were both emboldened in their vicious public Jew hatred by the increase of Muslims and the social/political pandering to Muslim sensibilities.

by Anonymousreply 61April 19, 2021 3:07 PM

When is the next election?

by Anonymousreply 62April 19, 2021 3:09 PM

[quote]Jeremy Corbyn and Jean Luc Mélenchon manage to be virulent anti semites without the help of Islam.

I know—also here in America with the far left and far right. Both are rich with anti-Semitism. It’s interesting to me to see how Muslims are either way into Sanders or way into Trump here in Michigan.

by Anonymousreply 63April 19, 2021 3:12 PM

r63

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64April 19, 2021 3:15 PM

Just France being France - move along - nothing to see here!

by Anonymousreply 65April 19, 2021 3:19 PM

[quote][R48] Corbyn and Melenchon were both emboldened in their vicious public Jew hatred by the increase of Muslims and the social/political pandering to Muslim sensibilities.

That's bullshit. They come from different backgrounds but they subscribe to classic tropes about Jews being uniquely controlling, powerful, manipulative and greedy.

Corbyn hasn't shaped his anti semitism around Palestine, he's used Palestine to justify his contempt for Jews.

Corbyn views Muslims as lesser than him, he thinks Muslims (and Blacks) need the support of a posh white rich man of very average intelligence because they are unable to progress by themselves.

by Anonymousreply 66April 19, 2021 3:19 PM

Next time he passes out from smoking too much pot, slip a t-shirt on him with a drawing of Mohammed, drop him off downtown, and that will be that.

by Anonymousreply 67April 19, 2021 3:45 PM

r66

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68April 19, 2021 4:09 PM

r68

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69April 19, 2021 4:11 PM

the reason the murderer got off is because 1) he is black and 2) he is crazy.

by Anonymousreply 70April 19, 2021 4:16 PM

OP is also OP of the 𝗜 𝗸𝗲𝗲𝗽 𝗳𝗮𝗿𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗴. 𝗪𝗵𝗮𝘁’𝘀 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗰𝘂𝗹𝗽𝗿𝗶𝘁? thread. Full of hot air he be.

by Anonymousreply 71April 19, 2021 4:23 PM

I really wish this thread didn’t devolve into what is has, because this has been huge news and outrage in Jewish online spaces.

The article left out a lot. It left out that for years the killer would spit at her and call her a dirty Jew. It left out that the killer admitting to seeing her menorah and prayer book and that it put him in a rage. And, it left out that around the same time, someone in France threw a dog out of a window when he was high and got a year in prison.

Sarah did not deserve this. And she sure as fuck deserved her life to mean more than that of a dog.

I do not believe for one minute that if the victim was a “typical” French grandma that the verdict would be the same. And, likewise, I do not believe that if the killer was a far right extremist and a supporter of Le Pen that the media would for one moment ignore this story.

As a Jew, this story hurts. It has shaken up a lot of Jews in a way that other attacks have not. It hurts to know in France our lives mean nothing.

by Anonymousreply 72April 19, 2021 4:24 PM

R57 you’ve posted more in this thread that I have, and you’ve now repeated that it’s over three times now. We all heard you, dear, now sit quiet while the adults are speaking.

by Anonymousreply 73April 19, 2021 4:28 PM

R73 vile scumbag

by Anonymousreply 74April 19, 2021 4:30 PM

Does R71 support this? He might.

by Anonymousreply 75April 19, 2021 4:45 PM

Big hugs r72 that's a mountain of shit France is drudging on Jews. I don't mean to compare your situation it's just that it reminds me how Britain's non-reaction to the Muslim rape gangs or how Biden wants transwomen in women's prisons. It's the combination of predators in a community who are given carte blanche because they're members of a 'disadvantaged' group with the apathy and negligence of that place's rulers. You want to see who the true underclass is look at who the ruling class treats with depraved contempt. Can you leave r72? I would. Let France sink in that shit ocean of Islam.

by Anonymousreply 76April 19, 2021 4:50 PM

It’s an attack on the vulnerable, R76.

by Anonymousreply 77April 19, 2021 4:57 PM

A fanatical muslim drug dealer?

by Anonymousreply 78April 19, 2021 4:59 PM

[Quote] *F*E*T*I*S*H*!*

by Anonymousreply 79April 19, 2021 6:04 PM

R74 kind of sad that you reserve these words for me instead of the dude that killed his neighbor and blamed it on weed.

by Anonymousreply 80April 19, 2021 10:31 PM

If you are Jewish, or care about Jews, never spend another tourist dollar in France. It's the very least we can do to express our disgust.

by Anonymousreply 81April 19, 2021 10:39 PM

Men are physically addicted to killing women, and refuse to own up to their inherent universal sickness in that regard. More at eleven.

by Anonymousreply 82April 19, 2021 10:44 PM

R82 - stop. This women was targeted because she was Jewish. Stop generalizing this.

by Anonymousreply 83April 19, 2021 10:54 PM

R81 I will go to France eventually but it will take a while for me to get over this.

by Anonymousreply 84April 20, 2021 12:12 AM

The far left loons in France love Muslim psychos, don't know why? I hope their US counterparts aren't as pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 85April 20, 2021 12:23 AM

They’re worse R85.

by Anonymousreply 86April 20, 2021 12:35 AM

Don’t Palestinians get killed daily ?

by Anonymousreply 87April 20, 2021 12:40 AM

R41, that was a great guess. And you may be right. Probably are.

by Anonymousreply 88April 20, 2021 12:57 AM

R83 of course, a man would order a woman to shut up and stop talking about misogynistic killing, because a small minority religious group is so much more important than over half the entire population of humankind, and only a Nazi bitch would think that female life isn’t less expendable than an ideology or ethnicity...

One seriously can’t make this up. You don’t even understand what you’re implying, do you? And you wonder why some female activists—those you are suspiciously quick to call Nazis and TERFs and radfems—advocate for mass castrating and lobotomising. Men refuse to accept that their sex generally abuse their own power then blame it on systemic minority issues, so desperate not to shoulder any blame or look at themselves in the mirror. Over two thousand years of this damage, and still you can’t own up to it. Stop killing women, regardless their creed or colour.

by Anonymousreply 89April 20, 2021 3:47 PM

[Bold] *F*E*T*I*S*H*!*

by Anonymousreply 90April 20, 2021 4:37 PM

R89 having fun?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91April 21, 2021 2:18 AM

R89 you are a twisted human being because of some of your interaction with men. Stay off the fucking board when there are so many men on it who do not go around abusing and killing women. Your attitudes are reprehensible and are wanted nowhere near here.

Yes we think you are scum.

by Anonymousreply 92April 21, 2021 4:21 PM

Your general hatred of men makes you scum.

by Anonymousreply 93April 21, 2021 4:25 PM

Can they not appeal to the ECHR?

by Anonymousreply 94April 21, 2021 4:32 PM

France has never been safe for Jews, and now it is very unsafe, thanks to pandering to the new migrants and their homophobia, antisemitism and misogyny.

by Anonymousreply 95April 21, 2021 4:38 PM

[quote]homophobia, antisemitism and misogyny

Describes Datalounge.

by Anonymousreply 96April 21, 2021 6:00 PM

Except R96 we are not pushing elderly Jews out of windows and beheading teachers, etc.

by Anonymousreply 97April 21, 2021 6:22 PM

You don’t need to be murderous to not be any of that R97. You create hostility for those groups through rhetoric and propaganda. And DL does that.

by Anonymousreply 98April 21, 2021 6:25 PM

R97 I really don't think Americans can be playing St. Nitouche as the French say when we have mass shootings every day and even have shooters slaughtering people in synagogues.

by Anonymousreply 99April 21, 2021 6:26 PM

There’s anti-Semitism within the American far right and far left. Neither are particularly fond of Jews. Datalounge is a far-left site regardless how many people deny it.

by Anonymousreply 100April 21, 2021 6:35 PM

R100 and of course the mainstream media isn’t reporting on this because - for some ridiculous reason - advocating against anti-Semitism isn’t considered “left.”

And of course, when the criminal is white, it’s the first thing the media mentions, and it’s always, always, always because that white person is racist. When the race of the perpetrator is not mentioned, 100 percent of the time it’s because he (or she) is black, and the persons race is “irrelevant.”

by Anonymousreply 101April 22, 2021 3:16 AM

Or is fetish r101.

by Anonymousreply 102April 22, 2021 6:24 AM

Any update on this story?

by Anonymousreply 103May 21, 2021 3:18 AM

[quote] Any update on this story?

No, Defarto. Or is it Bookmaven now? We do know the numbers 5846 are associated with most of your threads and posts. You look handsome all grayed out.

by Anonymousreply 104May 21, 2021 3:27 AM

Defacto = GermanGayGuy = Matt Anscher = Bababooey = bababooey2017 (Reddit) = howardsternspen15 (on Reddit)

That's one seriously disturbed and prolific troll.

by Anonymousreply 105May 21, 2021 4:42 AM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 106December 9, 2021 1:40 PM

Are You a Jeweler and a Jew?’: Elderly French Jewish Man Attacked and Robbed in His Paris Apartment by Antisemitic Assailants

Story at link

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107December 9, 2021 10:39 PM

Was there a conviction yet?

by Anonymousreply 108December 9, 2021 11:27 PM

I mean I see the original post saying that he couldn't be responsible but I would assume that was overturned unless the French authorities are nuts.

by Anonymousreply 109December 9, 2021 11:30 PM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 110June 30, 2022 4:05 PM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 111September 12, 2022 3:36 PM

Is there any way that members of the victims family (or the Jewish community) can appeal the decision?

by Anonymousreply 112September 12, 2022 4:59 PM

Dearest Defacto. Where is the evidence that the attacker was a religious Muslim and attacked her because of the victim’s religion?

by Anonymousreply 113September 12, 2022 5:31 PM

Men can do absolutely anything to women and not be punished. Remember the guy who raped a woman and claimed he had tripped and fallen int her vagina with his erect dick?

by Anonymousreply 114September 12, 2022 5:56 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!