Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Rosie O'Donnell on The So-Called Normal...

It was posted on June 26 2019 to YouTube. The host is Mark Henick.

Have any of you listened to it yet?

She seems like she's been on a good path in the past couple of years.

Discuss.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55April 22, 2021 4:44 PM

bump

by Anonymousreply 1April 19, 2021 1:17 AM

I can’t listen to her talk. Would be cool if she she would do the interview as her character in Riding The Bus With My Sister.

by Anonymousreply 2April 19, 2021 2:18 AM

OP = Rosie

by Anonymousreply 3April 19, 2021 2:25 AM

Rosie O'Donnell is not now, has never been, and never will be normal.

by Anonymousreply 4April 19, 2021 2:27 AM

I will say she’s aged well and looks great.

by Anonymousreply 5April 19, 2021 2:28 AM

She sounds just as looney as she always has.

by Anonymousreply 6April 19, 2021 2:32 AM

There is no way in heaven I am going to listen to this.

Would someone please summarize what she says?

by Anonymousreply 7April 19, 2021 2:59 AM

She says she thinks she should be given an honorary Oscar for her groundbreaking role in Riding The Bus With My Sister. Ching Chong.

by Anonymousreply 8April 19, 2021 3:04 AM

R7 Thank you. I can't either. The sound of that woman's voice gives my entire body a negative reaction.

by Anonymousreply 9April 19, 2021 3:05 AM

Does she play up that NY accent or is that really how she “tawks”?

by Anonymousreply 10April 19, 2021 3:14 AM

Fantastic interview so far. Thanks for sharing it, op. I’ve always liked Rosie, both at her most popular and unpopular. She’s always seemed authentic to me, if during her “Queen of Nice” shtick.

by Anonymousreply 11April 19, 2021 3:16 AM

“Ching chong ching chong Rosie O'Donnell on The So-Called Normal... ching chong ching chong”

by Anonymousreply 12April 19, 2021 3:20 AM

R12 Get back in the basement, Woo Li.

by Anonymousreply 13April 19, 2021 3:22 AM

She hasn't updated the "Ask Ro" portion of her website since December. She may be done with her fans for now.

by Anonymousreply 14April 19, 2021 3:37 AM

Listening to that I'm surprised at how little involvement she has with her kids. (yet she claims to be a mother first.)

Parker went to military school as a teenager, Chelsea was in a rehab type place for most of her teenage years. Now she has moved to NYC with the youngest and says she goes on the weekend to see the other two who must live with her ex-Kelly.

I remember on her blog people asking about how the two younger kids felt about her moving to NYC and she said they were unhappy about it. Staying with her would have meant moving during high school or junior high.

by Anonymousreply 15April 19, 2021 3:48 AM

I noticed that too r14.

It is like Trump is gone so she has nothing to complain about. Maybe she is still unhappy and now doesn't have him to blame so that has thrown her for a loop.

by Anonymousreply 16April 19, 2021 3:50 AM

R8 LOL!

by Anonymousreply 17April 19, 2021 5:23 AM

She's a fat Lez.

by Anonymousreply 18April 19, 2021 8:02 AM

I worked for a woman manager just like Rosie.

Sociopathic, expects everything to be handed to her on a silver platter, and holds a fierce grudge if you do her the littlest wrong. In my case the woman was running days or even a week late with payroll every week because she was in a tailspin of depression over her girlfriend breaking up with her. I gathered all the staff to confront her and ask her to get paid on time. She never forgave me for that.

She’s a strong woman but strong in all the wrong ways and has a demented smile I find oversized and unnerving. It’s either bad dentistry or a sadness she doesn’t hide well.

by Anonymousreply 19April 19, 2021 8:55 AM

She appears to be slowly turning into a witch before our eyes. Look at her.

by Anonymousreply 20April 19, 2021 11:44 AM

I think Rosie can be bizarre like about 9/11. She is very intelligent though. It is incredible that her ex committed suicide over lack of access to their kid and Rosie’s reputation didn’t take a hit.

by Anonymousreply 21April 19, 2021 12:57 PM

Talking about loons, what ever happened to Roseanne Barr?

Has she been committed? She was really off the rails supporting Trump's Presidency.

by Anonymousreply 22April 19, 2021 1:04 PM

[quote] She is very intelligent though.

Which is how she knows that liars get cancer!

by Anonymousreply 23April 19, 2021 2:58 PM

I don’t like that DYKEASAURUS

by Anonymousreply 24April 19, 2021 7:23 PM

Is she still waiting for Tom Cruise to marry her?

by Anonymousreply 25April 19, 2021 7:31 PM

She's a very natural actor, in dramas as well as comedies.

by Anonymousreply 26April 19, 2021 7:33 PM

She plays herself in most her movies.

by Anonymousreply 27April 19, 2021 7:36 PM

In real life she’s a BULLY

by Anonymousreply 28April 19, 2021 7:40 PM

R21 can you share some more about that? First I’ve heard!

by Anonymousreply 29April 19, 2021 7:52 PM

Nah, Parker wanted to go to military school and it sounds like her daughter needed rehab/help. The gf committed suicide because of her own problems. I like her. She seems honest/real compared to many others.

by Anonymousreply 30April 19, 2021 7:54 PM

Rosie is all over this thread. In fact she’s all over DL this past week, why else would a ‘Savage Garden’ thread pop up?

by Anonymousreply 31April 19, 2021 10:47 PM

Ellen show may last only another season. I could see Rosie bringing back her talk show, it would fill that void.

by Anonymousreply 32April 19, 2021 11:01 PM

R32 Now that you mention it, she might want to look into that, or even a show centered on real issues. A podcast might be best.

by Anonymousreply 33April 19, 2021 11:06 PM

In Celebrity Detox she said Barbara Walters was too frail and tired to be on the air.

by Anonymousreply 34April 19, 2021 11:09 PM

[quote] Talking about loons, what ever happened to Roseanne Barr?

I don't think Roseanne is mentally unbalanced like Rosie. She's just dumb and has no filter. Rosie is seriously unhinged.

I mean, who would you rather sit your pet for the weekend: Roseanne or Rosie? Roseanne might let it out to pee and forget to let it in for a few hours, but Rosie is more likely to have a psychotic break and microwave it.

by Anonymousreply 35April 19, 2021 11:21 PM

R35 I’m sorry, but as an unabashed fan of both, Roseanne takes the fruitcake, as they say.

by Anonymousreply 36April 19, 2021 11:37 PM

Rosie always seems like a cool person.

by Anonymousreply 37April 19, 2021 11:38 PM

[quote] Rosie always seems like a cool person.

Cool in a Charles Manson sort of way.

by Anonymousreply 38April 19, 2021 11:40 PM

That's not what I meant.

r38

by Anonymousreply 39April 19, 2021 11:41 PM

Ellen looks like a saint in the treatment of her staff compared to Rosie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40April 19, 2021 11:47 PM

Rosie said her father molested her. So I guess that article implies that her mother covered it up.

by Anonymousreply 41April 20, 2021 2:52 AM

I can't help it; I love Rosie! I wouldn't want to work with her, but I love her!

by Anonymousreply 42April 20, 2021 5:04 AM

I like Rosie but as others have said, it's like a love/hate, back-and-forth thing with her. She's kind of crazy but she's also smart and she's no-bullshit.

I'll always respect her for being, essentially, the only one to speak out against Woody Allen and this was way back in the '90s, while Hollywood looked the other way and actors were tripping over each other to work with him, as being in a Woody Allen film was still considered prestigious in the '90s and still won people Oscars (Dianne Wiest, Mira Sorvino). Rosie refused to kiss his ass.

by Anonymousreply 43April 20, 2021 6:10 AM

He actually offered Rosie a part in Sweet and Lowdown after she had been so vocal about criticizing him. I wonder if he was testing her to see if she'd stand by her convictions or cave and jump at a part in a prestige film.

She wrote that when the offer came in she told her agent to ask does he know what I've said about him?

by Anonymousreply 44April 20, 2021 6:28 AM

[quote] She's kind of crazy but she's also smart and she's no-bullshit.

What does that even mean? As you say, she's crazy, and since she's crazy she's full of her own bullshit. She lies constrantly, and was even caught out denying that she told her staffer on the "Rosie" magazine that liars get cancer, and then she was caught flat-out in court with a vocimail of her telling a staffer (whom Risie knew had HAD cancer), "Liars get cancer!"

And even aside from that, the New Age psychobabble she spouts is nothing but bullshit. Remember when she made the big deal on her website about "finding my yellow," which was some stupid phrase a therapist told her for finding joy? ior how about when she told us she had decided Elisabeth Hasselbeck secretly had the hots for her?

So what do you mean when you say "she's no bullshit"? Do you mean she doesn't put up with OTHER PEOPLE'S bullshit? Even that's not true either because we've sen how she enables the bullshit of people she wants to suck up to, like Barbra Streisand and Madonna and Tom "My Tommy!" Cruise.

Rosie is ultimately nothing BUT bullshit. She is an endless flowing stream of particularly foul bovine diarrhea.

by Anonymousreply 45April 20, 2021 6:38 AM

Is she going to talk about how she thought Elizabeth Hasselbeck wanted to scissor her? This old broad is delusional.

by Anonymousreply 46April 20, 2021 6:52 AM

[quote] I wouldn't want to work with her, but I love her!

You would probably say the same thing about Imelda Marcos.

by Anonymousreply 47April 20, 2021 11:45 AM

[quote] I don't think Roseanne is mentally unbalanced like Rosie.

Hilarious. You might want to take a look at Roseanne's youtube channel. She's past the point of making sense from a sentence to the next. Rosie is fine.

by Anonymousreply 48April 20, 2021 1:06 PM

[quote]She's kind of crazy but she's also smart and she's no-bullshit.

I absolutely agree. A lot of the crazy conspiracy-slash-psychobabble stuff she spouts comes not from a lack of intelligence but from emotional issues.

People don't realize how often others will believe truly outrageous things because it fulfills some kind of emotional need, rather than because they genuinely believe it to be the truth. It's really common for people who are frightened and also control freaks to insist that medical conditions can be prevented or cured by "good behavior," for instance, then they can tell themselves, "I live my life right, I won't get sick like THEY did."

She is smart, but she is pretty emotionally broken. Add in the usual spoiled behavior from celebrities and there are times when she comes off as a truly awful person. I don't think she really is, though.

by Anonymousreply 49April 20, 2021 1:39 PM

[quote] Rosie is fine.

I'm not sure I would agree that you are "fine", if 90% of the people that you have had close personal relationships with either commit suicide or become addicted to drugs.

by Anonymousreply 50April 20, 2021 6:52 PM

nah, I think she's an east coast broad. I don't think she's a shitty person or unhinged.

by Anonymousreply 51April 20, 2021 8:52 PM

Rosie admits in that interview that during the first fight she had with Trump when Barbara Walters didn't stand up for her she went after Walters' relationship with her own daughter which she now says was wrong.

Walters addressed this in her bio saying that she felt Rosie was acting out mother issues she had over her own mother with Barbara.

by Anonymousreply 52April 21, 2021 3:59 AM

Wummy, wummy, why won't woo wuv me?

by Anonymousreply 53April 22, 2021 4:46 AM

R37 = Rosie

by Anonymousreply 54April 22, 2021 12:16 PM

Rosie is exhausting.

by Anonymousreply 55April 22, 2021 4:44 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!