Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

White, rural southerners and vaccines

Bless their hearts.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22April 20, 2021 12:00 AM

Screw them. Their Evangelical Jesus can help guard them against covid. Give the vaccine to people who want and deserve it.

by Anonymousreply 1April 17, 2021 8:33 PM

I thought that photo was John Mulaney leaving rehab...

by Anonymousreply 2April 17, 2021 8:53 PM

Close all the retail pharmacies in those states. They don't believe in modern medicine, cut them off from their pain killers.

by Anonymousreply 3April 17, 2021 8:55 PM

OMG. A family member sent me multiple texts and emails with links to websites containing silly conspiracy theories about how vaccines are made with this or that.

I just shook my head in pity, thinking to myself, “ALL VACCINES FOR VIRUSES CONTAIN THE EXACT SAME THINGS AS THEY ARE ALL MODELED THE SAME WAY EXCEPT FOR TARGETING THE PARTICULAR VIRUS THEY ARE VACCINATING AGAINST!!!”

The only exceptions are few, or haven’t yet been released due to long standing clinical trials awaiting FDA approval, which was made exempt for this particular virus!!!!

Lack of education and the study of basic biology, physiology, zoology and chemistry and the interpretation of statistics and specific data applications thereof, is a real problem here in the United States, and even more so when focusing in on, particularly, the American south.

These people have ZERO idea of what they speak, and are too prideful and stubborn to even teach themselves how to interpret information correctly, as it is looked upon with disdain and profiled as an elitist endeavor. Two weeks on YouTube with a dedicated 8.0 hours daily is more than enough to point them in the right direction via formal and classical education regarding basic sciences. However, FOX News and fear-mongering is much easier and doesn’t require any humility or willingness to admit making mistakes that can be corrected with an accompanying willingness to learn something new.

Cannot wait to get my second jab come May, so that I can safely go about getting TFOH, the American south, aka: The Alternative, Conspiracy Theory Land of the Unfree and Petulant Dumb Fucks”!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4April 19, 2021 2:08 PM

The woke would like nothing more for the whites to die. But who would be next? Gays. Then Jews.

by Anonymousreply 5April 19, 2021 2:15 PM

this is what happens when you encourage free will

by Anonymousreply 6April 19, 2021 2:17 PM

I have Evangelical friends and family who post anti-vax stuff, and it comes directly from their church leaders. I don’t know how they conflate freedom of religion with the right to not take a vaccine. I mean you don’t have to take the vaccine. Just don’t be shocked when a good portion of your congregation dies out. Which is actually good for the rest of us. I don’t know, it’s a smh moment for sure, but I don’t even bother trying to counter them anymore. I just smile and say, “you do you”. And then keep away from them.

by Anonymousreply 7April 19, 2021 2:21 PM

COVID isn't going to go away, it's going to become a disease of the poor and stupid. The intelligent and educated people will vaccinate themselves and take preventive measures, the poor and stupid will refuse and they'll keep the virus alive and circulating.

Hopefully the widespread vaccinations will mean that it's no longer officially a pandemic, but people are still going to get the disease.

by Anonymousreply 8April 19, 2021 2:24 PM

[quote]The woke would like nothing more for the whites to die.

No... the woke pretty much want everyone to get vaccinated. But this gay woke jewish sympathizer thinks that if racist, bigoted and ignorant evangelical white people don't want to protect themselves and their loved ones, that's their right.

by Anonymousreply 9April 19, 2021 2:26 PM

[quote]gay woke jewish sympathizer

🤭

by Anonymousreply 10April 19, 2021 2:32 PM

R9, exactly.

For some reason they see this as a war waged against them by the woke or elitist class, when nothing could be further from what is true. We want them to be safe and protected from falling ill and suffering and perhaps dying from a disease they do not have to become infected with or if they do, they do not have to die, as a result.

I sincerely love my family members who refuse to get vaccinated, as much as I love my family members who are all conservatives, living in Los Angeles, who immediately got vaccinated, and still follow protocols of social distancing and wear their masks out in public.

This isn’t about politics, this is about public health and safety, and sadly, a particular brand of conservatism has been bastardized into believing that the rest of the world is out to get them, when the sad truth is that they’re out to get themselves even though they cannot recognize that this is the case.

by Anonymousreply 11April 19, 2021 2:48 PM

STUPID HILLBILLIES

by Anonymousreply 12April 19, 2021 6:57 PM

[quote] For some reason they see this as a war waged against them by the woke or elitist class,

Exactly. Is there a bigger group of adult crybabies in this country? These people are 30, 40, 50, 60+ years old, and in their minds, they are perpetual victims. They need more emotional coddling than a 12-year-old girl.

by Anonymousreply 13April 19, 2021 8:30 PM

Each time an inbred right-wing whack-oh gets put on a ventilator, an angel gets its wings.

by Anonymousreply 14April 19, 2021 8:37 PM

Fuck them.

I’m tired of stupid people.

by Anonymousreply 15April 19, 2021 9:01 PM

Yeah, the these are the same cunts gonna scream and stroke out when fucking NASCAR, Branson, Gatlinburg, Nashville, Graceland and every other white trash "Entertainment" venue refuses them entry because they aren't vaccinated.

Watch.

They're already screaming about Disney Springs wanting temperature checks.

by Anonymousreply 16April 19, 2021 10:30 PM

My cousin, who’s surprisingly a nurse, posted a “news article” (it was an uneducated opinion piece) about how Florida is, basically, over the pandemic and and has been wide open and maskless for months. No questioning of whether the governor is misrepresenting or just not reporting numbers, etc. Outbreaks every place else continue, but Florida remains special? I don’t even respond to her anymore with actual stats and news or journal articles - she’s wilfully ignorant.

by Anonymousreply 17April 19, 2021 11:07 PM

I'm no fan of insurance companies, but I think that after a certain point, they should be allowed to refuse coverage for COVID treatment of people who have not been vaccinated.

by Anonymousreply 18April 19, 2021 11:09 PM

Maybe after the new variants start doing them in, we can move forward as a country. In the meantime, let them be proud of being anti-vax all they want. In some 1984 kinda of way, the unnecessary covid deaths might move the needle on our country’s IQ.

by Anonymousreply 19April 19, 2021 11:16 PM

Did anybody read the article? They are having the same problem in black communities

by Anonymousreply 20April 19, 2021 11:25 PM

If and when "vaccine = not sick even if infected" and "not vaccinated = refused vaccination = infectable," I wouldn't and won't care about the vaccination status of fools refusing immunity.

The fact that children are involved and are left vulnerable in the hands of ignorant parents is in line with what already is going on with the anti-vaxxer loons. The federal government never will dictate parental legal consequences en masse for millions of dolts.

But in time, COVID immunization will be required for school enrollment, and things will be sorted the usual way - more illiterates will undertake the fiction of "home-schooling."

by Anonymousreply 21April 19, 2021 11:53 PM

[quote]Did anybody read the article? They are having the same problem in black communities

Racist!

by Anonymousreply 22April 20, 2021 12:00 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!