Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Chicago Police Officer Murdered 13 Year Old Adam Toledo - He Had No Gun and Put His Hands Up

It was previously falsely said he had a gun in his hand, but it turns out, with the release of the footage, he didn’t and he followed police orders but was murdered anyway.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 393April 20, 2021 12:43 AM

On the surveillance footage he can be seen tossing a gun and a semi automatic has been recovered from the seen.

This does not mean he deserved to die. What was he doing with a semi automatic weapon?

by Anonymousreply 1April 15, 2021 9:19 PM

I can’t even fathom how many people were out right murdered by cops between 1950-2010

Cellphones/cameras have been a god-send

by Anonymousreply 2April 15, 2021 9:19 PM

Oh no.

by Anonymousreply 3April 15, 2021 9:20 PM

His mom hadn't seen him in a couple days. Then he came home and left again. 13-yrs. old and running around the city at two in the morning- with a gun.

by Anonymousreply 4April 15, 2021 9:20 PM

R4, that’s not the point, and you know it. He’d discarded his weapon when he was shot. He wasn’t a threat.

by Anonymousreply 5April 15, 2021 9:26 PM

Feels like we're ahead of schedule this year.

by Anonymousreply 6April 15, 2021 9:27 PM

The USA is brutal.

by Anonymousreply 7April 15, 2021 9:36 PM

Scene, not seen #ohdear

by Anonymousreply 8April 15, 2021 9:44 PM

I understand the importance of bringing police injustices to light, especially with regard to people of colour, but I can’t take anymore media coverage of this. It is nonstop and relentless. Posting the videos of people being killed was the breaking point for me. They are everywhere. Just how I feel. It is exhausting.

by Anonymousreply 9April 15, 2021 9:55 PM

Ok so the kid had a gun in his hand and dropped it before he put his hands up. Why did the cops shoot him anyway and why did the cop shoot to kill, instead of just shooting in the shoulder or the arm that held the gun?

by Anonymousreply 10April 15, 2021 10:02 PM

Cops love meeting their quotas.

by Anonymousreply 11April 15, 2021 10:05 PM

This is like some 1990s scifi dystopia where society of the future (say, 2020s) has de-evolved into gangs and murderous security forces and everyone stays inside consuming the bloodshed as reality entertainment.

by Anonymousreply 12April 15, 2021 10:07 PM

Yes R12, it's sickening!

by Anonymousreply 13April 15, 2021 10:08 PM

The Macedonian trolls are fabricating his criminal record as we speak.

by Anonymousreply 14April 15, 2021 10:11 PM

Cops can eat shit. We've seen enough stories. Cops planting drugs & guns, extrajudicial killings. Threatening citizens. Racist language caught on tape. Joking about killing citizens. Lying about all kinds of stuff. Corruption in every aspect of policing. I don't trust cops, period.

by Anonymousreply 15April 15, 2021 10:27 PM

I predict we'll probably end up having a repeat of Dallas Texas 2016 soon.

This time the casualties of dead police officers will probably end up being in the hundreds.

We can't keep going on like this as a country. People keep seeing this killings in the news media of unarmed police killings and people are going to eventually start taking matters into their own hands if something isn't done soon.

Were gonna have a bunch of Dexter's running around here avenging the murders of unarmed people at the hands of the police.

You can already see and hear that drum beat on social media and various other forum sites.

People are getting tired of this lawlessness by the police. Free to kill with impunity.

This is going to be a hot summer coming up.

Damn!

by Anonymousreply 16April 15, 2021 10:42 PM

Good summer to spend in Capri.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17April 15, 2021 10:52 PM

Cop told him to "stop right fucking now" - He stops

Cop told him to "show me your fucking hands" - He put his hands up

Cop says "drop it" - He'd already dropped the gun

Cop shoots him.

BUT IF THEY'D ONLY COMPLY, RIGHT?

by Anonymousreply 18April 15, 2021 11:32 PM

I hate how news stations cut the video right before the actual shots are fired. We allow our officers to wantonly kill as they see fit so we shouldn't shy away from the brutality of it. Had I the means I'd project these on the sides if city buildings on a loop until people finally decide we need to seriously address killer cops.

by Anonymousreply 19April 15, 2021 11:36 PM

This one is not so cut and dry. The kid doesn’t stop running right away. The cop has to chase him. The kid has gun; he’s not unarmed. It’s easy for us to see the kid threw the gun, but possibly not for the cop who is in the heat of the moment and making split second decisions.

I would hardly call the kid compliant. Still, he was only 13 and his decision-making skills are hardly fully formed. I believe his top priority was trying to dispose of the gun and not save his own life.

by Anonymousreply 20April 16, 2021 12:09 AM

R20, his hands were in the air. Pretty sure the cop wasn't blind

by Anonymousreply 21April 16, 2021 12:11 AM

It IS nighttime and does the officer know he’s only 13? R20 makes good points.

by Anonymousreply 22April 16, 2021 12:12 AM

R20, it appears that the cop's decision-making skills were hardly fully formed.

by Anonymousreply 23April 16, 2021 12:13 AM

How is this - the cop made a terrible a choice and should be punished. The kid made a terrible choice and is dead. Lose lose.

by Anonymousreply 24April 16, 2021 12:13 AM

The cops lied is the important point here imo. They completely lied about what happened.

Too often people just blindly believe whatever narrative cops say, when the truth is they lie their asses off all the time.

by Anonymousreply 25April 16, 2021 12:16 AM

The CNN cop, Charles Ramsey is on right now talking about this..

by Anonymousreply 26April 16, 2021 12:18 AM

R20 this is murder. They’re not allowed shoot people for running away - or because they have to chase someone. He complied and the cop then shot him and killed it. It’s very cut and dry.

by Anonymousreply 27April 16, 2021 12:30 AM

And the gall of the cop to ask him “are you alright?” after shooting him it’s disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 28April 16, 2021 12:34 AM

R21, I agree his hands were in the air, but did the cop know for sure the gun wasn’t in one of his hands? It wasn’t broad daylight. It was 2:30 in the morning and the cop was chasing a kid with a gun.

I agree that the cop can’t shoot someone for running away, but running away is not complying. He stopped because he ran into a fence. And then he threw his gun. When the cop yells stop and the kid keeps running, what is the cop supposed to think except this kid isn’t listening to me and may not listen to anything I say.

Running and throwing your gun is not complying. It’s resisting. Obviously, you shouldn’t be murdered for resisting arrest, but it doesn’t help you survive a situation.

by Anonymousreply 29April 16, 2021 12:38 AM

All cops are bastards.

by Anonymousreply 30April 16, 2021 12:38 AM

[quote] why did the cop shoot to kill, instead of just shooting in the shoulder or the arm that held the gun?

Real life isn’t like the movies or TV, dear.

by Anonymousreply 31April 16, 2021 12:39 AM

R31, you're right. In fiction, cops are portrayed as heroes. In real life, they're racist and incompetent

by Anonymousreply 32April 16, 2021 12:41 AM

R29 can’t shoot someone for not complying either. And this is not resisting arrest, which you also can’t shoot someone for. Keep pushing and twisting but this one is not up for grabs sorry. Cop murdered a child here. The cop is supposed to be trained to not shoot someone with their hands in the air. Cop also lied about it after the fact, because he knew he was wrong.

by Anonymousreply 33April 16, 2021 12:45 AM

And actually R29 since complying is a present tense verb and a state of being, when he was shot (which is the significant time) he was complying. You can’t shoot someone because they weren’t complying a few minutes ago, and use non compliance as a reason.

by Anonymousreply 34April 16, 2021 12:47 AM

"has been recovered from the seen."

Oh Dear!

by Anonymousreply 35April 16, 2021 12:49 AM

[quote]Oh Dear!

Oh dear.

by Anonymousreply 36April 16, 2021 12:51 AM

And now the mother who was a lousy parent gets a 30million settlement and unloads a problem child. Win win.

by Anonymousreply 37April 16, 2021 12:51 AM

R37, and the lousy cops will probably get a free pass from Trumpsters like you

by Anonymousreply 38April 16, 2021 12:54 AM

The cop will probably get to profit with a book deal

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39April 16, 2021 12:55 AM

You are an asshole, R37.

by Anonymousreply 40April 16, 2021 1:02 AM

Fox News portrayed him as a "man" while Kyle Rittenhouse is "a little boy"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41April 16, 2021 1:07 AM

Previous to the foot chase did Adam Toledo brandish the gun, was he involved in a robbery? What precipitated the chase? Was the officer able to tell that the kid tossed the gun? Was the police response to a 911 call?

The backstory will be key here (as with any case).

by Anonymousreply 42April 16, 2021 1:13 AM

I am not a Trumpster. I've seen the unedited footage--several times in fact--and it is horrific. I have no doubt the kid was murdered.

It was a feeble attempt at humor. Sorry.

by Anonymousreply 43April 16, 2021 1:14 AM

They were shooting at a car, R42.

by Anonymousreply 44April 16, 2021 1:16 AM

The backstory is completely irrelevant r42. Literally the only thing that matters cops kill someone is are their lives in danger to justify opening fire.

by Anonymousreply 45April 16, 2021 1:21 AM

R9 you poor thing, how hard it must be for you

by Anonymousreply 46April 16, 2021 1:26 AM

But the backstory is completely relevant to whether or not the cop felt in danger. It goes to his state of mind and assessment of the danger level Toledo presented.

If Toledo had been discharging his weapon earlier, I would make the threat assessment that he was more dangerous than if he hadn’t.

by Anonymousreply 47April 16, 2021 1:27 AM

Some of you are really stretching and finding any possible outlier reason to not admit this cop was a flat-out fucking murderer.

by Anonymousreply 48April 16, 2021 1:28 AM

He was shooting at car and the police pursued someone with a gun into an alley. Its entirely possible the officer didn't see the gun being tossed.

Sounds like it will be a manslaughter charge.

I am not saying he deserved to be killed, but this isn't murder.

by Anonymousreply 49April 16, 2021 1:29 AM

Isn’t that what we kept getting told by the racists in the thread about the officer in Virginia? If POC comply, they won’t have problems.

Kinda puts paid to that fiction, doesn’t it?

by Anonymousreply 50April 16, 2021 1:36 AM

This is murder.

by Anonymousreply 51April 16, 2021 1:37 AM

What R18 said, but some of you go ahead and justify it all you want. You are as bad as Fox News.

by Anonymousreply 52April 16, 2021 1:39 AM

[quote] If POC comply, they won’t have problems.

Who said that? Of course compliance isn’t a guarantee when it comes to these situations. There’s never a 100% guarantee as the cops in Virginia prove. Still, if your two options are compliance or not compliance, I can’t imagine any situation where not complying would increase your chances of survival/having a better outcome than complying.

If Toledo hadn’t run, would he still be alive today? It’s hardly a guarantee, but I’d be willing to bet his chances would have been better if he hadn’t run down that alley.

by Anonymousreply 53April 16, 2021 1:46 AM

R53 Under truth serum, there's no way even you believe what you say - but if it makes you feel better, keep saying it

by Anonymousreply 54April 16, 2021 1:49 AM

Isn’t that what we kept getting told by the racists in the thread about the officer in Virginia? If POC comply, they won’t have problems. R 50

Running down an alley and tossing your gun isn't compliance.

by Anonymousreply 55April 16, 2021 1:49 AM

R55 running down an alley tossing your gun and then putting your hands in the air is compliance. You can’t comply unless you’ve already given reason to be asked to comply, so actually this is the definition of compliance. You’re using his having given reason to be chased as a mechanism to deny him the opportunity to comply, where actually that’s the only circumstance where it can occur.

by Anonymousreply 56April 16, 2021 1:53 AM

Anyone would be insane to visit the US now. Between murderous, trigger-happy cops and 13 year olds roaming the streets at 2 am with guns firing into traffic. JFC.

by Anonymousreply 57April 16, 2021 1:53 AM

R54, do you honestly believe Toledo had a better chance of survival by running?

by Anonymousreply 58April 16, 2021 1:54 AM

[quote] cop felt in danger

Cops aren’t supposed to be acting emotionally - they’re trained not to. So your little bit about the little cops feelings doesn’t work sorry. The cop wasn’t in danger, because the child was unarmed and had his hands in the air, cops feeling sorry for himself isn’t an explanation for murder.

by Anonymousreply 59April 16, 2021 1:55 AM

No, the police told him to stop and drop the weapon at the beginning . He then ran and that unfortunately is a big factor why he isn't alive today. Besides the fact he was armed and shooting at a car. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. He was 13 with a semi automatic weapon.

Does there need to be an overhaul of training for police? There are a ton of things to be looked at.

by Anonymousreply 60April 16, 2021 2:01 AM

Copsuckers gonna copsuck.

by Anonymousreply 61April 16, 2021 2:03 AM

R59 The cop didn’t know that, it was dark with long shadows. Also all cops are well aware of the massive amount of guns on the street, so if it looks like it could be a gun, the cop has to assume he has a gun. In a split second, it’s his life or the other guy’s life.

by Anonymousreply 62April 16, 2021 2:10 AM

The cop killed a young teen. That doesn't make the teen some angel. He was running around in the middle of night, involved in shoot ups, and carrying a semi-automatic weapon. That's not because of intersectional racism its a fucking tragic fuck up of a 13 yo life. The hell is going on in the USA?

by Anonymousreply 63April 16, 2021 2:16 AM

This is all because of Republican lunacy. If we got rid of all of the guns, the Police could just have tasers and other non-lethal weapons. But no!!! Everyone here has to be armed to the teeth with military grade weapons, thus ensuring the Police stay equipped with guns.

Repubs=GunLobby=Money=Rich Repugs

They are why our country is a racist armed camp and ignorance reigns in Deplorable land.

by Anonymousreply 64April 16, 2021 2:16 AM

I hate when we have these types of stories and people can’t post the fucking video. Anyway, what a crappy way to die. The look of fear on his face as his lungs filled with blood.

Guns are horrible, simply horrible. Founding Fathers can fuck right off with their 2A bullshit. Slaver want enough, they had to make these crazy citizens armed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65April 16, 2021 2:24 AM

R65, it appears as though the US will never get over it's wild west mentality. Guns, guns, guns everywhere and I doubt that will ever change.

Americans must like what goes on or else things would have changed by now. Don't (I don't mean you, R65) give me some "American exceptionalism" excuse. America is no more special that any county that has enacted reasonable gun control laws so cut the bullshit and do something, or shut up, America.

by Anonymousreply 66April 16, 2021 2:38 AM

People on Twitter reporting a tidal wave of weird bot-like accounts responding to any and all reports of police violence.

Looking at my blocked history the idiot trolls here are *heavily* pushing three topics:

Anti-vaxx bullshit

Anti-trans hysteria

"They were asking for it" defense of police violence.

by Anonymousreply 67April 16, 2021 3:19 AM

The cop shot him because the cop was angry that he had to chase the boy.

by Anonymousreply 68April 16, 2021 3:31 AM

Latinos aren’t really going to do shit about this. Not being racist but that neighborhood has a lot of undocumented people so they won’t risk getting into the hot seat. But there are a lot of Latinos in Chicago, their turn to show if they have the guts to stand up to police brutality or if they want to dray silent.

by Anonymousreply 69April 16, 2021 3:37 AM

[quote]Americans must like what goes on or else things would have changed by now.

No they don't, that's why the GQP is hellbent on voter suppression.

by Anonymousreply 70April 16, 2021 3:39 AM

The cop who shot him has had multiple complaints filed against him

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71April 16, 2021 3:42 AM

Well, now we can add a fifth complaint.

by Anonymousreply 72April 16, 2021 3:46 AM

What really puts this into perspective is that Kyle Rittenhouse is alive and seen as some kind of a hero and shot and killed!!! TWO people.. they didnt touch him.. sickening.

by Anonymousreply 73April 16, 2021 3:46 AM

I would like to know how many of these police departments had paramilitary training from whatever Eric Prince’s Blackwater is called.

This is way to common and sounds like reports of these fuckers drumming up business in Afghanistan and Iraq.

by Anonymousreply 74April 16, 2021 3:46 AM

I like that the city has a policy that dictates the quick release of these videos. No not e fucking around or sitting on this stuff. All states should pass laws mandating the quick release of body cam footage (by quick I mean within 2 weeks of the incident).

by Anonymousreply 75April 16, 2021 3:50 AM

Exactly R60.

by Anonymousreply 76April 16, 2021 4:08 AM

13 years old out at 2:30 at night, running down a dark alley with a semi automatic weapon. Yes, another innocent victim.

by Anonymousreply 77April 16, 2021 4:35 AM

[quote]13 years old out at 2:30 at night, running down a dark alley with a semi automatic weapon. Yes, another innocent victim.

Oh come on now. Putting imaginary weapons in his hands, is that all you can do?

Professional trolls would turned him into an active member of ISIS by this point.

by Anonymousreply 78April 16, 2021 4:40 AM

There is video from several points in the alley. The boy had the gun in his hand until 1 second before he was shot.

by Anonymousreply 79April 16, 2021 4:42 AM

The media spin is disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 80April 16, 2021 4:54 AM

This will continue to be a festering problem until the Black community begins to take responsibility for its behavior and actions.

by Anonymousreply 81April 16, 2021 5:01 AM

Don’t shoot your semi-automatic at people. Don’t run from cops. Especially in Chicago.

by Anonymousreply 82April 16, 2021 5:04 AM

R82 how the is this the black community’s fault? The boy is Latino, he lived in a Latino neighborhood, and was hanging out with a guy with ties to a Latino gang. Please explain how the fuck this is the fault of black people?

by Anonymousreply 83April 16, 2021 5:19 AM

This is r83, my comment above was for r81.

by Anonymousreply 84April 16, 2021 5:20 AM

At first I was outraged by this and thought not again. But then after watching Lawrence O’Donnell, Anderson Cooper, Chris Cuomo, and even Don Lemon, they all seem to be on the cop’s side. All their shows played the video and freeze framed it where he had a gun behind his back and how he threw it a second before putting his hands up. The guests on the show were saying police could not in that split second react to know he no longer had a gun in his hand.

I was surprised as I thought for sure all these hosts would be on the victim’s side, especially Don Lemon and woke Chris Cuomo.

by Anonymousreply 85April 16, 2021 5:23 AM

[quote]Cop told him to "stop right fucking now" - He stops

Wrong, they told him to stop and he ran, that's how this escalated. He only stopped AFTER he threw the gun over the fence.

[quote]BUT IF THEY'D ONLY COMPLY, RIGHT?

Keep making excuses for junior criminals. He had a gun, he was caught doing something wrong, he ran from the "Poll-eice" threw tried to hid his weapon, then stopped to pretend he had done nothing wrong. Not a reason to kill him but the cop didn't know he threw his gun away at that point. Stop making every black criminal into a saint.

Bottom line NO HE DID NOT COMPLY, GET IT?

I just heard one of his relatives say "we teach these boys how to behave and they still get shot" Um no you did NOT teach them how to behave, otherwise he would would not have been running from the cop in the first place. Plus what is your under age kid doing with a gun? Apparently you didn't have a talk about that either.

by Anonymousreply 86April 16, 2021 5:28 AM

[quote] Oh come on now. Putting imaginary weapons in his hands, is that all you can do?

Are you a troll? Are you living in reality? He did have a weapon on his hand. Watch CNN. It’s been established. That’s all they were talking about tonight.

by Anonymousreply 87April 16, 2021 5:39 AM

Once again, racist at r86, the dead boy is a Latino. Does your prick get hard writing 'the blacks'?

by Anonymousreply 88April 16, 2021 5:47 AM

Port Arthur Massacre: The Shooting Spree That Changed Australia's Gun Laws

The 1996 Port Arthur massacre shook Australia to its core, and triggered gun reforms that research suggest has been effective in reducing gun crime.

Thursday marks 20 years since Australia experienced its worst massacre. The Port Arthur rampage prompted a severe crackdown on firearms that saw more than 640,000 weapons turned in to authorities. In July 2015, NBC News took a look at the mass shooting and the landmark laws it sparked.

The question is often asked in the somber aftermath of a shooting massacre: how many deaths will it take before America changes its gun laws?

And while a political solution remains elusive, mass killings such as those in Charleston, Chattanooga and Lafayettecontinue with alarming frequency across the U.S. — a recent study found one occurs in America every two weeks.

But for Australia, a single massacre changed everything.

In 1996, Martin Bryant entered a café at the site of a historic penal colony at Port Arthur, Tasmania.

The 28-year-old ate lunch before pulling a semi-automatic rifle from his bag and embarking on a killing spree. By the time he was apprehended the next morning, 35 people were dead and 23 had been wounded. Bryant had become the worst mass-murderer in Australia’s history.

“There were people everywhere — bodies,” witness Lynne Beavis told the Australian Broadcasting Corporation. "It’s just so indescribable what had happened in there."

She added: “I thought at the time, being a nurse, ‘I’ve seen dead people, I’ve seen blood, I’ve seen things like this.’ But what I saw in there, nobody but perhaps a soldier would know what it was like.”

Australia had experienced mass shootings before, but the Port Arthur massacre shook the nation to its core. Bryant, now 48 and imprisoned for life, was later assessed to have the IQ of an 11-year-old. He told investigators that he'd paid cash for firearms at a local gun dealer.

The Australian government subsequently introduced the National Firearms Agreement — legislation that outlawed automatic and semi-automatic rifles, as well as pump-action shotguns. A nationwide gun buyback scheme also saw more than 640,000 weapons turned in to authorities.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89April 16, 2021 5:48 AM

R62 long shadows you have to be kidding me lol. Ok I know you’re trolling but stop with this long shadows bullshit have some self respect.

R86 officer said “show me your hands” and he put his hands up. He complied. And got shot. Doesn’t matter if he didn’t comply before, compliance is not a permanent state of being it depends on what you do - he was complying. And then he got shot.

Why aren’t you bothered about the police mistake resulting in death? These people are paid for by taxpayers money. This is a major problem. You can see he doesn’t have a gun on the vid so that excuse you’re making for the cop doesn’t fly sorry.

by Anonymousreply 90April 16, 2021 5:48 AM

I'm going to consider voting GOP. Enough of this nonsense. I'm fine with mass incarceration as long as it's for a long as possible.

by Anonymousreply 91April 16, 2021 5:54 AM

Nothing he did warranted being shot and killed.

He had a semi-automatic weapon that he didn't use to kill anyone with. He ran from the police.

None of those mean he deserved death

by Anonymousreply 92April 16, 2021 5:55 AM

Cops in progressive cities should just stop working. Let's see how the progressives deal with crime.

Just let's do it.

by Anonymousreply 93April 16, 2021 6:01 AM

[quote]At first I was outraged by this and thought not again. But then after watching Lawrence O’Donnell, Anderson Cooper, Chris Cuomo, and even Don Lemon, they all seem to be on the cop’s side. All their shows played the video and freeze framed it where he had a gun behind his back and how he threw it a second before putting his hands up. The guests on the show were saying police could not in that split second react to know he no longer had a gun in his hand.

Exactly. The single frame of him with his hands up doesn't tell the story.

I've been on the victims' side in every single one of the cop shooting stories during the last few years, but it's not like the cop came up on him with his hands up. The cop saw the gun.

No, he didn't "deserve" death. No one does in these situations. And I still don't like cops in general. If I was black or Latino I'd be terrified of them. But this situation is different than the many we've been seeing with numbing regularity.

by Anonymousreply 94April 16, 2021 6:05 AM

A 13 year old died unnecessarily. He should have been at home in bed.

by Anonymousreply 95April 16, 2021 6:06 AM

[quote]Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. He was 13 with a semi automatic weapon.

This.

by Anonymousreply 96April 16, 2021 6:08 AM

CBS edited the video lol.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97April 16, 2021 6:08 AM

[quote]Nothing he did warranted being shot and killed. He had a semi-automatic weapon that he didn't use to kill anyone with. He ran from the police.

He was shooting at a car. They're just supposed to let him run away with his semi-automatic so he can shoot at the next car or house with people in it?? He was a danger to public safety and needed to be taken off the streets.

by Anonymousreply 98April 16, 2021 6:11 AM

[quote] Nothing he did warranted being shot and killed. He had a semi-automatic weapon that he didn't use to kill anyone with.

How was the cop to know he wasn’t going to use the semi-automatic weapon to kill him? It was a split second decision and the cop thought it was either him or the kid. Even fucking Don Lemon said the cop did the right thing. He said he’s glad he’s not a cop because he’s not sure he would have been able to not shoot in that split second. Even Chris Cuomo agreed with Don and said the cop made the right decision.

by Anonymousreply 99April 16, 2021 6:11 AM

[quote] He was shooting at a car. They're just supposed to let him run away with his semi-automatic so he can shoot at the next car or house with people in it??

Who cares if he’s shooting at cars? Let kids be kids.

by Anonymousreply 100April 16, 2021 6:13 AM

[quote]He was shooting at a car. They're just supposed to let him run away with his semi-automatic so he can shoot at the next car or house with people in it?? He was a danger to public safety and needed to be taken off the streets.

Again, none of that deserves the death penalty

by Anonymousreply 101April 16, 2021 6:24 AM

The cops demanded he put his hands up. He did as he was told. The cop shot him

by Anonymousreply 102April 16, 2021 6:24 AM

Every cop on the street should be forced to wear a body cam.

When a child who is under the age 21 (and still living at home with his parents) decides to commit a felony crime, his parents/guardians should also face criminal charges and potential prison time. Why is a 13 year old running around at 2:30 in the morning with a gun?

by Anonymousreply 103April 16, 2021 6:25 AM

R98, semi-automatics are legal.

by Anonymousreply 104April 16, 2021 6:25 AM

Surely that mother hasn't had the gall to fundraise off her own neglig —

JUST KIDDING!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105April 16, 2021 6:29 AM

[quote]semi-automatics are legal.

Not when they're being fired at cars by a 13 year old.

by Anonymousreply 106April 16, 2021 6:32 AM

[quote]He was shooting at a car. Again, none of that deserves the death penalty.

So what if he killed the people in the passing cars that he was shooting at? Does that not deserve the death penalty for killing multiple innocent people?

by Anonymousreply 107April 16, 2021 6:36 AM

I feel sorry for mom, but this is her fault. You gotta do what you gotta do to raise the kid so they wont be out running the streets for days at 13 years old.

by Anonymousreply 108April 16, 2021 6:52 AM

Elizabeth has raised 53k and the average funeral is 15k. I guess that means she's going to donate 35k to the local boy's club .

by Anonymousreply 109April 16, 2021 6:54 AM

[quote]So what if he killed the people in the passing cars that he was shooting at? Does that not deserve the death penalty for killing multiple innocent people?

So now it's okay to kill people for what they might do?

by Anonymousreply 110April 16, 2021 6:55 AM

The only person killed was the boy

by Anonymousreply 111April 16, 2021 6:56 AM

Here's the full video.

It kind of looks like when the kid first turns around, his hands are close to his chest, hard to see if he's really has a gun or not, unless he ditched it prior. The shot seems to happen just as he's raising his arms.

Tragic, no matter what.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112April 16, 2021 7:09 AM

[quote] So now it's okay to kill people for what they might do?

Yes, the cop saved lives that night by stopping him. If the cops hadn’t shown up, he would have continued to shoot at passing cars with an AUTOMATIC WEAPON. An automatic weapon would have killed multiple people In those passing cars.

by Anonymousreply 113April 16, 2021 7:10 AM

I've watched the video several times and it is very dark and happened so fast. The boy stops and turns around and it could have been hard for the cop to see if he still had the gun or not. He only had a second to make a decision. What if he still had the gun when he turned around? It was either the cop or the boy. He probably didn't see he had already dropped it.

I was very shocked by the aftermath. He shot him in the chest and he had immediately blood running out of his mouth and was dead only seconds after that. Very horrible to watch. I guess I'm so used to movie deaths were it takes several minutes for a gun shot victim to die and they usually even have time for some last words. It happened so fast. The cop also seemed shocked by this and probably couldn't believe what was happening. I was surprised they released that footage. Horrible.

by Anonymousreply 114April 16, 2021 7:21 AM

That sounds like Ashley Babbit getting killed at the Capitol, which I saw only once and hope to never again. She died very quickly. I haven’t seen the unedited Tony Toledo video, but it sounds like I don’t need to. Yikes.

Anyway, I hope the city of Chicago can heal. Since he was Latino, I have a feeling it won’t be another Duante Wright situation with reparation looting.

by Anonymousreply 115April 16, 2021 7:40 AM

Maybe he thought he was reaching for his taser...

by Anonymousreply 116April 16, 2021 7:41 AM

[quote]If Toledo had been discharging his weapon earlier, I would make the threat assessment that he was more dangerous than if he hadn’t.

If you look at the photo of the gun he threw down in situ, you can see that it has been fully discharged by the popped chamber. He shot until he ran out of bullets. If he hadn't run out of bullets, he would have shot at the cop.

I'm sorry but I think in the long run multiple lives were probably saved that night. If he was doing this at 13, what was he going to be doing at 16 and 21 (if he lived that long)? He was a gang member. Live by the gun. Die by the gun. If you don't live in the Chicago area, the part of the story you've missed is how quiet the family and their lawyers were after they viewed the video. They know. They always knew. This was always how his life was going to end.

by Anonymousreply 117April 16, 2021 8:44 AM

A local anchor nearly broke up laughing when reading his script saying Chicago police couldn't understand why a 13 year old male would be alone with a 20 something male in a dark ally late at night.

by Anonymousreply 118April 16, 2021 9:42 AM

^ alley

by Anonymousreply 119April 16, 2021 9:44 AM

Amazing how people will contort themselves to defend a cop with a history of complaints for shooting a child with his hands up. It's like a 5 alarm fire and the racists come running to defend one of their own.

Meanwhile:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120April 16, 2021 9:53 AM

R120, you're an idiot. You link to a story about a crazy white man with a hammer. You know why he wasn't shot? Because he didn't have a fucking gun, idiot.

And, you're also lying about the officer's record, surprise surprise. Here's the quote from the Toledo family's lawyer herself:

"Weiss-Ortiz said that she looked into Stillman's record but found no prior disciplinary issues."

You might want to figure out how to research news' sources other than Twitter.

by Anonymousreply 121April 16, 2021 10:04 AM

Did he actually shoot at cars that were driving by or just at parked cars? I'm not saying the kids was a saint. He surely was on a very dangerous path. He obviously had no business being with a 20 year old in the middle of the night shooting at things. And where was his mother?

But did the kid at any point direct his gun at the cops or did he indicate that he wanted to shoot them?

Cops shouldn't be making fatal decisions assuming stuff. And why was the cop shooting in the chest and not the arm or a shoulder.

To some degree I do understand that cops make wrong decisions in the heat of the moment. A cop's life is extremely dangerous, every idiot has a gun these days and lots of gun owners are bat shit nuts and walking time bombs basically. But then why don't we hear police unions are actively supporting gun regulation bills???

It seems when it comes to guns Americans have lost all sense of reasonable thinking.

by Anonymousreply 122April 16, 2021 10:13 AM

[quote]And why was the cop shooting in the chest and not the arm or a shoulder.

As soon as anyone writes this, I know they can be completely ignored because they don't even have the ability to determine the difference between tv shows and reality.

by Anonymousreply 123April 16, 2021 10:21 AM

The reality is that if the cop had acted on facts and not on assumptions, a 13 year old kid, a very troubled kid, would still be alive asshole @ R123.

And yes there are countries where cops are trained to disarm a shooter without killing them, but obviously you think the kid was a worthless POS anyway.

by Anonymousreply 124April 16, 2021 10:44 AM

A-fucking-men, r123.

Did you see how quick it happened, r122? Did you see the cop aim at anything? The cop himself asked the kid “where are you shot?”

It’s not the movies. You aim for the biggest target you’re likely to hit and that’s center mass. But that didn’t even happen in this case.

by Anonymousreply 125April 16, 2021 10:45 AM

R124, name and post a link to a country where, other than a sniper, a police officer is trained to shoot to disarm.

Bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 126April 16, 2021 10:46 AM

[quote] I agree his hands were in the air, but did the cop know for sure the gun wasn’t in one of his hands? It wasn’t broad daylight.

You don’t shoot because you don’t know if he had a gun or not. You shoot because your life is in danger and you KNOW the person is about to commit deadly physical force against you.

Can you imagine? “Officer, why did you kill my client?”

“Well, I wasn’t sure he [italic]didn’t[/italic] have a gun, so....”

by Anonymousreply 127April 16, 2021 10:48 AM

[quote] And where was his mother?

Why doesn’t anyone ever ask “And where was his father?”

by Anonymousreply 128April 16, 2021 11:01 AM

It's predictable though. You don't see New Trier kids getting shot or packing heat or running down alleys at 3 a.m..

by Anonymousreply 129April 16, 2021 11:07 AM

Exactly R127!

At no point did the kid actually point his gun at the cops. They just assumed he had a gun on him and he would use it against them.

In no way is this a justifiable reason for fatally shooting someone. If this is acceptable before a court you basically give any cop the license to kill anybody, just because they think they are in danger or assuming they are becoming a target themselves.

We habe the same idiots commenting here like during the pre trial of George Floyd's murder. Spreading stupid unfounded rumors, and false evidence. So obvious and yet so lame.

by Anonymousreply 130April 16, 2021 11:08 AM

[quote]At no point did the kid actually point his gun at the cops. They just assumed he had a gun on him and he would use it against them.

So, you're just making up shit now? They knew he had a gun. They saw the gun. He did have a gun. He had earlier been shooting the gun. Idiot.

[quote]If this is acceptable before a court you basically give any cop the license to kill anybody, just because they think they are in danger or assuming they are becoming a target themselves.

You do realize you just defined exactly when a cop IS allowed to use deadly force, right? In fact, if he doesn't and the criminal piece of shit shoots the cop, his partner, or a bystander, the cop would be negligent for not taking action. In your mind, does the cop have to be bleeding from a gunshot wound before he can fire? Are you really that stupid?

by Anonymousreply 131April 16, 2021 11:23 AM

We are now at the point where the press is crucifying police officers for clear accidents. Are they that desperate to fill up airtime?

by Anonymousreply 132April 16, 2021 11:46 AM

That 13 year old was out on the street at 2AM shooting at humans and vehicles because he knows damn well that there are plenty of people are out there waiting to defend, excuse, overlook, belittle, rationalize, and deflect from his behavior and actions. See this thread for myriad examples.

by Anonymousreply 133April 16, 2021 11:47 AM

The excuses I've heard from the Toledo side in this are astonishing in their level of bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 134April 16, 2021 11:48 AM

If this kid were while all the outraged people here would agree he deserved it.

by Anonymousreply 135April 16, 2021 11:49 AM

The woke activists have lost their damn minds.

by Anonymousreply 136April 16, 2021 11:49 AM

r10. if you watch the video of it. It was really fast, happened within seconds that he tossed it and it was dark. It's a sad thing but I don't immediately fault the cop.

by Anonymousreply 137April 16, 2021 11:50 AM

The problem is easy access to guns.

by Anonymousreply 138April 16, 2021 11:50 AM

R131, I know you're all upset and foaming at your Qanon mouth here, because I brought in a detail that you are desperately trying to not acknowledge.

The kid didn't threaten the cops with his gun, not once, nor did he indicate at any point that he would use his gun against the cops.

by Anonymousreply 139April 16, 2021 11:57 AM

You are truly an imbecile, R139.

by Anonymousreply 140April 16, 2021 12:00 PM

. He started running with the gun and told to stop. The cop never saw him drop the gun and thought he was turning to shoot him, It took less than a second between gun dropped and kid shot.

by Anonymousreply 141April 16, 2021 12:01 PM

Cop did everything he could do. He did not murder this kid.

by Anonymousreply 142April 16, 2021 12:04 PM

How exactly is the cop supposed to know that Toledo wouldn’t turn around and shoot him? Some of you are acting like Toledo tossed the gun and then fled the cop on foot. No. He kept the gun and only tossed it a second before he was shot.

Toledo was an armed and dangerous criminal running from a cop. Not complying and recently seen discharging his weapon. All at 2:30 in the morning.

The cop is not guilty in this case. This is nothing like the Floyd case where the cop was clearly guilty of murder.

by Anonymousreply 143April 16, 2021 12:06 PM

Where does it say the kid was shooting at humans R133?

by Anonymousreply 144April 16, 2021 12:08 PM

This is how the media is shaping this story:

[quote]From the time police said the gun was first visible on body-worn camera footage in Toledo's hand, to the time the officer fired his weapon, was eight tenths of a second. In that period of time, his right arm disappears behind the fence before he begins to raise both hands.

The police didn't "say" the gun was first visible on the body-worn camera. The gun was CLEARLY VISIBLE. Everyone who watched the video can see it clearly visible. The media finds this entertaining.

by Anonymousreply 145April 16, 2021 12:11 PM

R65

I didn’t post the video because it’s heartbreaking. I couldn’t even watch the full thing. Didn’t want to traumatize people, and I think that was for the best.

by Anonymousreply 146April 16, 2021 12:16 PM

Well, we need the video to have a proper discussion. Reading the media’s reports is useless as various narratives have been listed above. We are all likely adults her, just get to the meat of the topic, the video evidence and move from there.

by Anonymousreply 147April 16, 2021 12:19 PM

From NPR

The boy, who is standing near a wooden fence, appears to stop, and at 2 minutes and 3 seconds, the officer commands, "Hands. Show me your f***ing hands!"

Toledo starts to turn to face the officer with his hands up, both empty.

A second later, the officer says, "Drop it," and quickly fires a single gunshot.

Keep fuming R140, you don't have a reasonable argument against my question if the kid at any time pointed his gun at the cop. During the whole 20 second chase as far as we know the kid didn't fire or point his gun at anybody, nor at the cops. From the NPR report it seems the kid's gun wasn't even dropped where the shooting happened.

Again, you can't just kill people assuming they are a threat to you.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 148April 16, 2021 12:23 PM

[quote]The cop is not guilty in this case. This is nothing like the Floyd case where the cop was clearly guilty of murder.

Pre trial everybody was using the same lame arguments like they are using now; that it wasn't Chauvin's fault, that Floyd died because of drugs and a bad heart.

Those types of commenters were literally swamping the George Floyd threads. Now they are all quiet.

by Anonymousreply 149April 16, 2021 12:33 PM

The video is hard to watch because I don’t wanna see anyone dead and he is so young. But he had no business running from the police with a weapon at 3 am. If you do that you’re probably going to get shot. Sorry.

by Anonymousreply 150April 16, 2021 12:42 PM

The cop probably thought he was white so it would be safe to shoot him.

by Anonymousreply 151April 16, 2021 12:45 PM

No he had no business being out on the streets shooting around after midnight. Absolutely!

Doesn't mean it's justified to kill him for that though.

by Anonymousreply 152April 16, 2021 12:45 PM

“Police brutality doesn’t happen to white people” says the press

*police taxes white guys tesiticles for the e fun of it.” On camera

by Anonymousreply 153April 16, 2021 12:52 PM

*tazes

by Anonymousreply 154April 16, 2021 12:52 PM

Police reform will only result in more cops getting shot. Nice cops get shot (ie, Nika Nicole Holbert).

by Anonymousreply 155April 16, 2021 12:55 PM

R153

Literally no one is saying that. You’re being an ass for no reason.

by Anonymousreply 156April 16, 2021 12:56 PM

[bold]HE

HAD

HIS

HANDS

IN

THE

AIR

WHEN

HE

WAS

SHOT.[/bold]

The cop killed a person who was not an immediate threat to his life.

Everything else is noise and whitesplaining.

by Anonymousreply 157April 16, 2021 12:58 PM

Does anyone know Toledo’s race? The media is being purposely vague but he doesn’t look black to me.

by Anonymousreply 158April 16, 2021 1:00 PM

R50...Leading the cops on a foot chase after discharging an illegal firearm 8 times with apparent intent to do harm is not exactly complying. This story is in the mainstream news outlets only because the idea that people other than POC are shot by cops has finally become unavoidable. The tired narrative of racist cops targeting minorities will have to logically shift to the more realistic narrative, which is that cops sometimes shoot & kill people. Bad cops & good cops make hasty decisions that drastically change lives. But also, deciding to comply the moment you're in the presence of law enforcement can drastically change lives. Stats simply demonstrate this.

by Anonymousreply 159April 16, 2021 1:03 PM

Is R157 the equivalent of the twitter clap👏🏾 like 👏🏾 this?👏🏾

by Anonymousreply 160April 16, 2021 1:03 PM

R158

Nobody said he’s black. Multiple images of him are out there. And the Latino community is mentioned. What is your problem?

by Anonymousreply 161April 16, 2021 1:04 PM

[quote]whitesplaining

The woke want lawlessness. That’s all they want. They want to get away with crime, and if they can’t get away with crime, you’re a racist.

by Anonymousreply 162April 16, 2021 1:10 PM

13 years old and at 3 a.m. he's out on the streets with a gun?

His parents killed him.

by Anonymousreply 163April 16, 2021 1:11 PM

It seems to me that the cop was trigger happy. The boy literally followed his instructions in the video. He didn’t even give him a chance.

He ran initially because he was a terrified 13 year old boy - of course he was going to run. Are y’all serious with this shit?

by Anonymousreply 164April 16, 2021 1:20 PM

[quote]y’all

All I need to know at R164.

by Anonymousreply 165April 16, 2021 1:23 PM

R164- a terrified little boy who was out on the streets with a known Latin King gang member at 2:30 in the morning shooting at cars.

by Anonymousreply 166April 16, 2021 1:25 PM

R166 - y’all doesn’t care.

by Anonymousreply 167April 16, 2021 1:26 PM

If you're not killed by a crazed shooter...then there's always cops to finish you off.

by Anonymousreply 168April 16, 2021 1:34 PM

He’s white hispanic r158

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 169April 16, 2021 1:36 PM

R166

He was 13. The adult(s) who gave him the gun and guided him used him.

by Anonymousreply 170April 16, 2021 1:38 PM

Heavily armed white men in mass shootings: arrested alive. Men of color with no guns or a few rarely with a gun, having harmed no one: shot down immediately, sometimes several shots, usually fatal.

There’s no question that cops keep using the “but I was scared” argument to murder men and women of color in this country. It’s so ridiculous at this point to keep ignoring the differences we see. Racism is on full display.

by Anonymousreply 171April 16, 2021 1:49 PM

Every force should have a Sharon Raydor.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 172April 16, 2021 1:55 PM

[quote]Heavily armed white men in mass shootings: arrested alive. Men of color with no guns or a few rarely with a gun, having harmed no one: shot down immediately, sometimes several shots, usually fatal.

Give me LIFE kween yaas.

by Anonymousreply 173April 16, 2021 1:55 PM

That is a consistent pattern with cops R171.

by Anonymousreply 174April 16, 2021 1:58 PM

I'm assuming everyone who is up in arms that Adam was out in the middle of the night, armed, were also sickened by Kyle Rittenhouse's behavior? Kyle was a little boy too, right? That's what I keep hearing from right-wing media. He was a little boy, armed, out in the middle of the night, in the middle of a riot looking for trouble. I'm assuming you all call for him to be convicted of murder?

It's not the violence pushing me further and further left on this issue, it's the fucking racist GOP scum who drop by the DL only to comment on threads like this. Actually, I guess you could be Russian troll farms posters, but really what's the difference between a Republican and a bridge troll at this point.

by Anonymousreply 175April 16, 2021 2:00 PM

[quote]It's not the violence pushing me further and further left on this issue

Instead of right wing violence, we’ll have left wing violence. Splendid.

by Anonymousreply 176April 16, 2021 2:03 PM

im turning right, hon!

by Anonymousreply 177April 16, 2021 2:05 PM

I know the media makes it appear that cops are killing POC everyday but the numbers are actually fairly low. In 2019, it was something like 30 black males shot by cops. And cops still kill more white men than POC. I understand that an outright murder like George Floyd will get deserved coverage but now it's a go to story even when it doesn't exactly follow the script.

by Anonymousreply 178April 16, 2021 2:09 PM

R175, Rittenhouse is a violent thug and a murderer who should be in prison for the rest of his life. That doesn't mean that it was okay for this kid to be out at 2 am with a gang member and shooting at passing cars.

Even the police analysts on CNN who nearly always criticize the cops said this cop isn't in the same category as Chauvin and some others.

by Anonymousreply 179April 16, 2021 2:10 PM

If this was a 13 year old white kid, this thread would be 20 posts max that would have ceased eight hours ago with all the posts attacking his deplorable parents and how this kid was a deplorable-in-the-making—good riddance.

by Anonymousreply 180April 16, 2021 2:13 PM

R179 glad to know that a few liberal analysts are relieving people who already use racist arguments of their guilt over a person being shot fatally after perhaps damaging property but not people.

by Anonymousreply 181April 16, 2021 2:13 PM

“Good riddance” to the white 13 year old, that is.

by Anonymousreply 182April 16, 2021 2:14 PM

[quote]It’s easy for us to see the kid threw the gun, but possibly not for the cop who is in the heat of the moment and making split second decisions.

That's what their training is for. They're trained to know how to handle this.

by Anonymousreply 183April 16, 2021 2:16 PM

This is NOT a George Floyd situation. The kid was a criminal running the streets at 13 with a gun. He could have been killed by another gang member or killed someone else. A 13 year on the streets with a gun is a recipte for danger he created and I don't blame the police for firing. Any kid in my neighborhood running the streets with a gun would be considered a threat to civilized society.

by Anonymousreply 184April 16, 2021 2:18 PM

Become a cop in Chicago R183. Reform the system there.

by Anonymousreply 185April 16, 2021 2:19 PM

[quote]That doesn't mean that it was okay for this kid to be out at 2 am with a gang member and shooting at passing cars.

Everyone deserves due process. It's a Constitutional right. It doesn't matter who you are, if you did something that "wasn't okay" and are caught and charged, you get due process and your day in court.

He was no longer armed and no longer a threat, and could have been easily apprehended and brought in, where he would receive due process as he is Constitutionally guaranteed.

That's the cops' job.

It's not their job to say, "hmm, well what this kid did wasn't okay, I shall execute him for his misdeeds."

I am sick to death of people like you saying that someone is a criminal, therefore a cop murdering them is a "gray area" or whatever. It's not. The cops are not judges, juries or executioners. Well, I guess they are NOW, because people like you think that's cool, but they're not supposed to be.

by Anonymousreply 186April 16, 2021 2:19 PM

It seems to challenge the majority of people that both actors in this drama made tragic decisions. People are ethical retards nowadays.

by Anonymousreply 187April 16, 2021 2:24 PM

The mayor of Chicago is one ugly broad, I don't see how they could even elect her.

by Anonymousreply 188April 16, 2021 2:26 PM

R188 she defines RBF

by Anonymousreply 189April 16, 2021 2:27 PM

r164, what video were you watching? The cop wasn't trigger happy. He called out repeatedly for the kid to stop and put his hands up. He ran with gun in hand and then tossed it and in a second turned around.

The cop was totally right in this situation per the video. After the shooting he acted properly and performed cpr. He did right.

by Anonymousreply 190April 16, 2021 2:28 PM

r176 Um, no, you stupid right-wing shit, what it means is some of us used to blindly support cops and now we realize how ridiculous that was and how wrong we were. Cops really do kill minorities with impunity and then lie about it. A kid really can comply with orders and still get shot. I'm white. I should have listened more to minorities. I should have believed them. I didn't. I trusted the cops. I was a fool.

But it's telling you assume I meant I would turn violent, because that's what you'd do. Now fuck off back to whatever right-wing hellsite you came from.

by Anonymousreply 191April 16, 2021 2:34 PM

Actually, R186, it is in the law that police are allowed leeway in making a decision in the heat of the moment. This cop isn't Chauvin, he didn't fire repeatedly at the kid. No one, no matter how much training they have can process what's happening in less than half a second.

I said in another thread that I witnessed a police shooting. The guy had been waving a gun around and the cops yelled at him to drop it. He didn't and one of them shot him. It all happened so fast but after witnessing that, I know first hand why police don't try and disarm when there are firearms around. That's movie/TV shit.

None of this means that I don't believe in police reform or that POC aren't targeted more often by cops. You can all put me on ignore-dar if you wish and see that I am generally not supportive of the police. Chauvin, Potter, others like them need to rot in jail for the rest of their lives. Same with Rittenhouse and other psychopathic murderers/mass shooters. The insurrectionialists, should also be charged and imprisoned, and the dumb bitch who stormed the Capitol deserved to be fatally shot.

I don't think this kid deserved to be shot, but I can also be reasonable and see that the situation was not the same as other cases of trigger happy, violent jackboots.

by Anonymousreply 192April 16, 2021 2:36 PM

This kid obviously didn't deserve to die, nor did Daunte Wright. George Floyd is another matter though, his case has been completely overblown. He was a lowlife!

by Anonymousreply 193April 16, 2021 2:39 PM

George Floyd didn't deserve to die either, R193. Lowlife or not.

by Anonymousreply 194April 16, 2021 2:40 PM

R192 why waste your breath reasoning with liberal and conservative trolls. Also some trolls are apolitical and just troll.

by Anonymousreply 195April 16, 2021 2:41 PM

R191, Cops kill whites with impunity too. You are just brainwashed by the media and I say this as a darker-skinned than Toledo Latino man.

by Anonymousreply 196April 16, 2021 2:44 PM

R178, there are like five times more white people than black people in America

by Anonymousreply 197April 16, 2021 2:52 PM

A lot of people on LSA are ripping Toledo and this case. They have no empathy for non black victims.

by Anonymousreply 198April 16, 2021 2:52 PM

I'm glad he's dead. He was a menace to society. I don't want my tax dollars paying for scum like this to live in prison for most of his life.

by Anonymousreply 199April 16, 2021 2:57 PM

He was on a bad path for sure, R199, but so young. I wish this kid and all kids had intervention in their lives before they got to the point of hanging around gangs etc...So sad and tragic. I know the kid had a gun and was shooting it at cars, but I can't help but feel for him and see the entire tragedy of it all.

by Anonymousreply 200April 16, 2021 3:01 PM

Dumbass bootlicker at R121 conveniently forgets that cops shoot lots of Black and Brown men who don't have guns either. They also taze them and put them in chokeholds under dubious claims of resisting arrest. Meanwhile, violent white man actually puts a cop's life in danger, actually attacks him with a weapon, and the cops manage to arrest him in the moment without putting a scratch on him.

by Anonymousreply 201April 16, 2021 3:01 PM

R196

Nobody is saying they aren’t. The point is black and brown people are grossly disproportionately victims of police brutality. The numbers for the black and brown population in America are alarming per capita. Ignoring that is a problem, just like ignoring black and brown poverty is a problem and ignoring the racial wealth gap. We need to close these racist gaps for America to improve. But too many people want to feign outrage like “what about white people”. We have a racist crisis. The CDC also recognizes American systemic racism as a health crisis. What we have here is fucked up and I’m tired of nothing being done to appease ignorant white people.

by Anonymousreply 202April 16, 2021 3:02 PM

The kid gives every sign of being a bad egg. I'm not feeling a lot of sympathy. Cooperate with the cops, if stopped. It radically increases your chances of survival. And if you don't.... Darwin.

I'm more concerned by cops, and the system that backs them up, who shoot unarmed 7th Graders who have their hands up. THAT really pisses me off.

by Anonymousreply 203April 16, 2021 3:04 PM

This is Chicago, R203. It’s mayhem there. 13 year olds there maybe a tad different than a 13 year old in Oklahoma.

by Anonymousreply 204April 16, 2021 3:07 PM

CBS says he still had a gun?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 205April 16, 2021 3:09 PM

R121:

[quote]Three complaints and four use of force reports have been filed against Stillman between 2017 and mid-2020, according to the Invisible Institute, which records police interactions with the public. Among the allegations filed by citizens were two that claimed improper searches of cars, and use-of-force violations. However, information on the disposition of those cases is unclear from the records.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 206April 16, 2021 3:11 PM

This kid was destined for life in prison before he turned 18 anyway. His mother should take some time to assess why she failed so badly at life.

by Anonymousreply 207April 16, 2021 3:44 PM

Yes, this 13 year old was hopeless and better off dead. But the white 17 year old who murdered 2 people with an illegal gun is worthy of investment.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 208April 16, 2021 4:18 PM

Kween at R208– those white supremacists are no different than Muslims (who knows where they get their money from) or blacks (BLM, Soros, etc) who do the same thing.

by Anonymousreply 209April 16, 2021 4:23 PM

R209

Racist Conservatroll

by Anonymousreply 210April 16, 2021 4:27 PM

🤷‍♂️ I mean it’s all the woke has. They just call you Republican. It’s fun. And cute.

by Anonymousreply 211April 16, 2021 4:28 PM

They call you “racist” too. That’s okay. Then I am.

by Anonymousreply 212April 16, 2021 4:29 PM

R209, who are the Muslims in US law enforcement and government raising money for murderers? Please be specific.

Or, better yet, take your garbage elsewhere.

by Anonymousreply 213April 16, 2021 4:37 PM

Muslims raise money to cause chaos here in the US all the time. Dearborn MI has ISIS cells - hello! It doesn’t have to be cops. They raise lots of unscrupulous money. It’s their very identity. Unscrupulous!

by Anonymousreply 214April 16, 2021 4:42 PM

Have they infiltrated our law enforcement? No, only the white supremacists have. So fuck off with your racism, thinking there is any point to comparing what private citizens do with their own money verses police and politicians giving money to criminals and murderers.

by Anonymousreply 215April 16, 2021 4:50 PM

Can’t they all be unethical or is it just whites?

by Anonymousreply 216April 16, 2021 4:55 PM

Are there non-whites in US law enforcement and government raising money for murderers? Go ahead, name them. Please be specific. Because they'd be unethical too, if they exist.

by Anonymousreply 217April 16, 2021 4:58 PM

No because non-whites are saints.

by Anonymousreply 218April 16, 2021 5:00 PM

[quote]This kid was destined for life in prison before he turned 18 anyway.

The racists always say stuff like this. It's sick how they truly believe they get to decide who lives and who dies, who's worthwhile and who isn't.

by Anonymousreply 219April 16, 2021 5:06 PM

What was racist about that comment?

by Anonymousreply 220April 16, 2021 5:08 PM

[quote]He could have been killed by another gang member or killed someone else.

Is this what passes for logic these days? "Well, he could have been killed by someone else, so it's okay for the cop to kill him"?

[quote]A 13 year on the streets with a gun is a recipte for danger

I like how you didn't know whether the word is "receipt" or "recipe" so you tried to spell both of them at once, instead of just using a phrase you actually knew.

by Anonymousreply 221April 16, 2021 5:09 PM

The dead pay the ultimate price, of course, but we're all on the hook for bad cops:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 222April 16, 2021 5:30 PM

^^Well, that link didn't go to the right place, so this is the tweet:

In the past decade alone, police misconduct has cost Chicagoans more than $700 million on settlements and legal fees related to lawsuits alleging police brutality

by Anonymousreply 223April 16, 2021 5:34 PM

Unfortunately, the officer made the decision in a split second. Unfortunately, Adam made some decisions before that split second occurred.

Was a 13 year old qualified to be making any choices? No, but here we are. Actions have repercussions. Parenting, access to guns, running with a gang, etc. Is it Adam's age or the fact it happened when the trial of Derek Chauvin is taking place?

by Anonymousreply 224April 16, 2021 5:35 PM

What's it like living in a violent country?

Would terrify me living in the States.

by Anonymousreply 225April 16, 2021 5:40 PM

R225 it’s fun; like living in an old John Wayne western movie.

by Anonymousreply 226April 16, 2021 6:06 PM

[quote]Is it Adam's age or the fact it happened when the trial of Derek Chauvin is taking place?

What part of "shooting somebody with their hands up" is unclear to you?

by Anonymousreply 227April 16, 2021 6:23 PM

You know, I've watched several videos from multiple angles.

What's indisputable was the guy was armed while the police officer was chasing him. When he tossed the gun, he did so out of view of the officer, on purpose, so the officer had no way to know he was no longer armed.

While the majority of cases we've seen recently are clear cut issues with the police, this one is not. The police and that particular officer are going to be crucified and painted with the same brush as all the other bad operators. However, in this case, I'd have to see a lot more evidence before lumping this case with all the others.

And no, I don't care how old the kid was. If you're old enough to be toting a gun around and run from the police, your age becomes irrelevant.

by Anonymousreply 228April 16, 2021 6:23 PM

[quote]He was no longer armed and no longer a threat

What part of 8/10 of a second don't you understand? He tossed the gun behind a fence in the dark and then turned toward the cop. In those 8/10 of a second, the gun probably hadn't even hit the damn ground yet. If, instead of trying to get rid of the gun behind a fence, he had bent over and placed it on the ground, he'd be alive. He was trying to cover up his crimes right until the end.

by Anonymousreply 229April 16, 2021 6:30 PM

[quote]If, instead of trying to get rid of the gun behind a fence, he had bent over and placed it on the ground, he'd be alive. He was trying to cover up his crimes right until the end.

Exactly.

by Anonymousreply 230April 16, 2021 6:34 PM

He was trying to hide the gun so he wouldn’t get in trouble. He was an immature 13 year old boy with poor influence and judgment.

by Anonymousreply 231April 16, 2021 6:34 PM

R230

13 year old boys don’t have developed brains and lack judgment. Saying we shouldn’t take him being 13 into account is bullshit. He’s a child.

by Anonymousreply 232April 16, 2021 6:37 PM

Was the 21 year old with him just an immature young man, too, R231? What age do you have to be to understand that you don't shoot guns in public or run from armed police officers into dark alleys? There isn't a 13 year old in the world who, if asked if they are allowed to shoot guns in the street at 3am and then run from police officers, would even have to think about it. Their answer would be 'no way, you'd get shot!'. This kid knew what he was doing was wrong. He chose his fate hours before he was shot.

by Anonymousreply 233April 16, 2021 6:40 PM

The cop doesn't know he's 13. He sees a thug with a gun who's been shooting at cars.

by Anonymousreply 234April 16, 2021 6:40 PM

Reading these comments by cop supporters—maybe by cops themselves, who knows—makes me understand why cops are said to have a high rate of spousal abuse. They think anything they do is justified; they don’t have to think rationally or control their emotions. It’s always the other person’s fault.

by Anonymousreply 235April 16, 2021 6:41 PM

[quote]13 year old boys don’t have developed brains and lack judgment. Saying we shouldn’t take him being 13 into account is bullshit. He’s a child.

So, you concede he was trying to hide the gun because he lacked judgment to know better.

Therefore, the notion that he was "unarmed" is a false narrative. The police office could not possibly have known he had thrown the gun away which he could have merely hidden from view to use against the officer.

The problem is that he doesn't get to be a child when it's convenient to further the narrative. If we agree that he was young and made bad choices, then one of those bad choices was running from the police and hiding the gun. The officer, therefore, cannot be faulted.

There are plenty of "unarmed" killing the police have perpetrated. Each case needs to be viewed individually and the facts need to be considered.

It's not a pro cop or anti-cop issue. Victims of cops deserve justice. But, there are probably close to 700K police officers in the US. If ALL of them were monsters, there would be a lot more incidents and many more problems than we've seen. Assuming all cops are evil is like assuming all black men are criminals.

by Anonymousreply 236April 16, 2021 6:46 PM

R235, we're sorry you can't understand 8/10ths of a second as a unit of time.

by Anonymousreply 237April 16, 2021 6:46 PM

One of the main themes in this thread seems to be “he was out late doing shady stuff therefore he shouldn’t be surprised that he ended up shot” and this is mainly used as a way of somehow explaining that his killing was justified.

This just goes to show how messed up the cops are, that the expectation is that if you’re out in a rough area they will kill you, and we should be conditioned to just go with the flow, and accept these as collateral damage or something. Fucked up. Cops are broken, going around murdering people that comply with their commands.

by Anonymousreply 238April 16, 2021 6:48 PM

R238, shady stuff? You're a fucking idiot. As if shooting and running through a neighborhood with a semi-automatic handgun is the same as tagging a bus stop.

by Anonymousreply 239April 16, 2021 6:52 PM

R238 wants to normalize thuggery. This absolutely IS collateral damage for an unbelievably dysfunctional and troublesome ghetto culture that has proliferated and taken over HUGE swaths of most major cities in America.

by Anonymousreply 240April 16, 2021 6:53 PM

R235, no one here has said everything cops do is justified. This case is different, Don Lemon, Chris Cuomo and their guests recognized that and they are normally and rightfully judgmental of police actions.

This kid wasn't hunted down and shot by a cop looking for blood. You can be for police reform and recognize that each situation is different. This case ended tragically, but it was not the same as other cases. Watch the full video and you'll see that there was less than a second from the time the kid turned towards the cop and the time he was shot. His hands weren't even clearly visible in the moment he first turned around and it's not like he had his hands in the air for several seconds, which would be enough time for someone to process that he wasn't a threat.

by Anonymousreply 241April 16, 2021 6:54 PM

No r190 the cop was not right. He shot a child that had their hands up and had just complied with what he was commanded to do. That’s not correct wherever weird spin you want to put on it.

The cops lawyer then misrepresented the situation to a judge, was that ‘correct’ too?

In fact - is there any proof that the kid himself was shooting at cars or are we just taking the cops info as correct? Because they lied about him holding a gun when he was shot so they don’t have any credibility for reporting facts on the rest of the events.

by Anonymousreply 242April 16, 2021 6:56 PM

[quote]This just goes to show how messed up the cops are, that the expectation is that if you’re out in a rough area they will kill you, and we should be conditioned to just go with the flow, and accept these as collateral damage or something. Fucked up. Cops are broken, going around murdering people that comply with their commands.

Comply with their commands? What you mean to put down the gun and not run after firing shots with an automatic weapon?

by Anonymousreply 243April 16, 2021 6:56 PM

White supremacists infiltrated law enforcement decades ago because it’s been the perfect opportunity for them to commit murder and other crimes against people of color with impunity, in the name of their job. The FBI revealed this in multiple investigations and released the details to the public as long ago as 2006.

These killings are not accidents or results of inadequate training. They are premeditated murders with elaborate coverups by the other white supremacists in their circles.

Punitive damages and settlement payouts in these cases should be taken from police retirement and benefits funds. Maybe only then would there be a drop in these hideous crimes.

by Anonymousreply 244April 16, 2021 6:58 PM

R242, you are misinformed. You didn't watch the video, did you? His arms were not up. He released the gun 8/10 of a second before he was shot. He threw the gun behind a fence where the cop could not possibly have seen it leave his hand. And, yes, he did have gun shot residue on his hands. Anything else we can help you with from the world of reality?

by Anonymousreply 245April 16, 2021 7:00 PM

Each case needs to be adjudicated based on the facts of the specific situation.

While there is clearly a problem with law enforcement, not all cases reflect that problem.

And this case is seemingly not one of them that does.

by Anonymousreply 246April 16, 2021 7:01 PM

I don't think R242 has seen the video at all.

by Anonymousreply 247April 16, 2021 7:03 PM

The cop initiated the comment. “Drop your weapon and show me your hands”. It is reasonable to expect that to then happen. Which it did. It’s not like the boy acted of his own accord in this. He did what he was told, complied.

So for the cop to assume that he was going to shoot him doesn’t stand. The cop literally got what he commanded, and then shot him. It’s illegal.

by Anonymousreply 248April 16, 2021 7:04 PM

R240 your Twitter copy / paste is embarrassing but at least look up the meaning of the word ghetto and how a ghetto happens, let’s just say communities don’t ghettoize themselves. It’s done to them. You’re really showing your own lack of comprehension of the subject.

by Anonymousreply 249April 16, 2021 7:06 PM

all the ghettos in my city used to be nice homes and now are shitty. nobody did that to "them"

by Anonymousreply 250April 16, 2021 7:10 PM

R250 which city? And yes poverty does that to neighbourhoods. Lack of investment does that to neighbourhoods. More fun for you to blame the inhabitants I know but it’s not the reality.

by Anonymousreply 251April 16, 2021 7:12 PM

You don't expect them to confront an armed assailant do you? That would be crazy!

by Anonymousreply 252April 16, 2021 7:13 PM

White nationalist terrorists are taking over all of the metropolitan police departments across the country. This shot is not happening in a vacuum.

by Anonymousreply 253April 16, 2021 7:16 PM

Do you people know how many people arrested every day? There is an arrest every 3 seconds. The occasional tyke in a dark alley at 2:00 am with a gun, or grown man having heart failure while on drugs and resisting arrest is dwarfed by all of the successful arrests that occur.

It's a tough job. Mistakes are made. Do you make mistakes?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 254April 16, 2021 7:19 PM

Just did a little search on reaction times, v interesting. Seems your average person would react to a visual stimulus between .15s - .7s, this is within the .85s time range everyone keeps listing. These figures also pertain to a surprise unexpected visual stimulus, rather than an anticipated event which is the situation with the cop. So he did have time to react to it. He saw the hands go up and he shot him. It’s a murder ladies.

by Anonymousreply 255April 16, 2021 7:20 PM

This shIt. Damned autocorrect

by Anonymousreply 256April 16, 2021 7:20 PM

[quote]The problem is that he doesn't get to be a child when it's convenient to further the narrative. If we agree that he was young and made bad choices, then one of those bad choices was running from the police and hiding the gun. The officer, therefore, cannot be faulted.

This is why "young children" aren't allowed to have semi-automatic weapons and run wild on the streets at 2am. Where was this kid's mother? She needs to be charged with child abuse.

by Anonymousreply 257April 16, 2021 7:25 PM

R255, let's do science! Add in the factor of it being dark into your little hypothesis. How does that effect your oh so learned analysis? Let's add in the factor of adrenaline now. Does that affect your results? Now, instead of an innocuous, lab oriented situation, put them in an alley chasing a gunman in the middle of the night. How are your conclusions looking now?

You are simple. The world is not black and white. Most people move out of that black/white thinking and are able to consider other circumstances by the time they are about 8 years old. I'm sorry you're developmentally delayed to such a degree.

by Anonymousreply 258April 16, 2021 7:56 PM

Chauvin is guilty of murder.

Potter is guilty of involuntary manslaughter.

This guy did his job.

All of these things are true in the real world. Learn to think for yourself outside the Twitterverse, wokesters. It's the sign of being an adult.

by Anonymousreply 259April 16, 2021 8:00 PM

[quote] He was no longer armed and no longer a threat, and could have been easily apprehended and brought in, where he would receive due process as he is Constitutionally guaranteed. That's the cops' job. It's not their job to say, "hmm, well what this kid did wasn't okay, I shall execute him for his misdeeds."

So all of these internal conversations could be had in that 1/8th of a second after he dropped his gun? You’re not living in reality.

by Anonymousreply 260April 16, 2021 8:01 PM

[quote] Where does it say the kid was shooting at humans [R133]?

He was shooting at passing cars. Unless they were all self-driving cars driven by robots, then yes, he was shooting at humans.

by Anonymousreply 261April 16, 2021 8:03 PM

R259

Murdering an unarmed 13 year old boy with his hands in the air is “doing his job”?

I can’t believe you people.

by Anonymousreply 262April 16, 2021 8:05 PM

R262, you don't even have your facts right. His hands were not in the air. You did not watch the video. You just read a headline on Twitter. We all know it. Stop embarassing yourself.

by Anonymousreply 263April 16, 2021 8:07 PM

" I don't trust cops, period."

Then don't ever call the police, for ANYTHING. If you get robbed or assaulted or in a car accident, don't call them. Just deal with it yourself. I'm sure the police would have no problem with that.

by Anonymousreply 264April 16, 2021 8:09 PM

Regarding him shooting at cars, what proof do we have? Because we can’t trust the cops, they lied to a judge about whether the child was holding a weapon at the time he was shot so we can’t trust them. Is there any proof it was him and not the 21year old - and actual independent proof. Because otherwise it’s not trustworthy.

The reality of this case is that the cop ordered him to put his hands up and drop the weapon and he did both of those. It’s there on the tape. Sorry to the cop fanatics but this one is gonna go to prison, because he murdered this little boy.

by Anonymousreply 265April 16, 2021 8:11 PM

R264 last time I had a requirement to call a public office for a thing that was out of my hands, I called the fire department. They were great - got the situation taken care of, nobody got shot too which was nice.

by Anonymousreply 266April 16, 2021 8:13 PM

R266, would not only call the police if a 13 year old was outside their house shooting a gun but would run out of his house screaming at the top of his lungs for them to protect him while literally hiding behind one of the cops for protection.

R265 did not watch the video.

by Anonymousreply 267April 16, 2021 8:16 PM

13 year old is more than 50% responsible for the actions that led to his death, so I doubt a jury would ever convict a cop or anyone else for shooting this delinquent. I hope a family member isn't on tv later wailing that he was going to be a lawyer or doctor someday.

by Anonymousreply 268April 16, 2021 8:20 PM

R267 you’re delusional. Like actually delusional. You’re living in a fantasy that the republicans and white supremacists have created for you, probably via online manipulation and general cultural cop propaganda. I honestly feel desperately sorry for people like you. But it’s your own responsibility too. These threads are full of losers like you, that don’t have much crucial thinking or mental strength, and give into these right wing online fantasies because your own life is lacking. So sad.

by Anonymousreply 269April 16, 2021 8:21 PM

His mother failed him.

by Anonymousreply 270April 16, 2021 8:23 PM

R270 it’s really obvious you’re just a troll when you make such obvious misogynistic comments.

by Anonymousreply 271April 16, 2021 8:26 PM

[quote]Then don't ever call the police, for ANYTHING. If you get robbed or assaulted or in a car accident, don't call them. Just deal with it yourself. I'm sure the police would have no problem with that.

Oh the sheer fucking caucasity of that statement.

by Anonymousreply 272April 16, 2021 8:34 PM

R269, no. I actually live in reality which is a world of grey, not black and white. You live in the Twitterverse and seemingly are unable to think for yourself at all. The truth of this and all situations like it is between the right-wing loons like those who defend Rittenhouse and the left-wing wokesters who defend Toledo. They are both criminals. I only wish they had also killed Rittenhouse. The world would be better off without either of these criminals in it.

by Anonymousreply 273April 16, 2021 8:34 PM

[quote]Oh the sheer fucking caucasity of that statement.

I rest my case that you morons live in the Twitterverse. You can't just remove a hashtag and expect to be taken seriously by the 90% of us in the real world, dear.

by Anonymousreply 274April 16, 2021 8:36 PM

[quote]But the backstory is completely relevant to whether or not the cop felt in danger. It goes to his state of mind and assessment of the danger level Toledo presented.

For dick's sake, six cops in body armor and armed with riot gear would feel "in danger" at a church bake sale.

by Anonymousreply 275April 16, 2021 8:40 PM

R273 sure baby. Go back to your ‘world of grey’ (wtf?) WhatsApp group chats where all the links are ‘forwarded many times’ and live your life thinking the cops will have your back if you need them and they need more money for tanks and helicopters but no healthcare is too pricey. I don’t have a Twitter account but nice try. Oh lol u did not just say ‘wokesters’ did you? That’s just embarrassing.

by Anonymousreply 276April 16, 2021 8:41 PM

R276, your entire nonsensical post just proves my point. Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 277April 16, 2021 8:42 PM

"For dick's sake, six cops in body armor and armed with riot gear would feel "in danger" at a church bake sale."

As well they should. There might be somebody there with a gun who wants to kill them. Because they're cops. Just...because...they're COPS.

by Anonymousreply 278April 16, 2021 8:46 PM

R277 you had a point?

Wow I have to say I really got a kick out of ‘world of grey’ at least you’re good for something. What a weird thing to say. Takes all sorts.

by Anonymousreply 279April 16, 2021 8:48 PM

I just know if I was 13 and in an alley in a gang ridden neighborhood at 2:30am, it wouldn’t be the cops I’d be worried about because my mother would have beat me to death before they arrived!

by Anonymousreply 280April 16, 2021 8:56 PM

[quote] These killings are not accidents or results of inadequate training. They are premeditated murders with elaborate coverups by the other white supremacists in their circles.

🙄🙄🙄 It was an accident. It’s unfortunate but it wasn’t a premeditated murder, you looney tunes.

by Anonymousreply 281April 16, 2021 9:13 PM

This is what the pigs in Chicago really think.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 282April 16, 2021 9:18 PM

So according to R282, just because he’s 13 he’s automatically innocent, even though he was shooting semi-automatic guns, looking to commit murder.

by Anonymousreply 283April 16, 2021 9:25 PM

No - whereas the other recent events were clearly police brutality, this one is more problematic. The kid shouldn't have been out on the streets at 2:30 am with a semiautomatic weapon. This kid was failed by his parents! When I was 13, my ass was in bed at 2:30 am, not out on the streets shooting a gun.

by Anonymousreply 284April 16, 2021 9:27 PM

People are so dug in on their positions.

Conversations are not going to solve this.

Take away these guns.

How does a 13yo have a semi-automatic handgun??

When I was 13 I had Swiss Army Knife and was very careful with it. And I wasn't a thug. The knife was for camping.

by Anonymousreply 285April 16, 2021 9:31 PM

He had a gun in his hand less than a second before he was shot. He was in a gang and his nickname was Lil’ Homicide. He was shooting a semi-automatic gun at passing cars looking to commit murder that night. How many innocent people in cars would have died that night had the cop not shown up?

by Anonymousreply 286April 16, 2021 9:52 PM

He’s innocent! Even if he did kill someone! If you dare, expect any of the adults to be responsible for their actions on either side, you should be cancelled. 🤡

by Anonymousreply 287April 16, 2021 9:59 PM

Black and brown people are not responsible for any of their actions. It's all systemic racism.

by Anonymousreply 288April 16, 2021 10:23 PM

[quote] Reading these comments by cop supporters—maybe by cops themselves, who knows—makes me understand why cops are said to have a high rate of spousal abuse. They think anything they do is justified; they don’t have to think rationally or control their emotions. It’s always the other person’s fault.

Reading comments like the above, I understand why this country is in such a moral panic about race and the police—people don’t have the ability to recognize nuances in situations and arguments. It’s all tribalism. The situation with Toledo and the 8/10ths of a second has been explained so many times in this thread, very satisfactorily, by people who see the clear difference between this incident and Derek Chauvin, and some people just hold fast to “ACAB” no matter what.

One other thing: since when is a Latino person considered a POC? I’ve been told repeatedly for the last few years that they’re white: the identify as white, government doesn’t recognize any distinction (except where there are separate boxes on the form for “Hispanic white” and “Non-Hispanic white”. The prostitute/mental case who attacked the black teen in the hotel lobby when she thought he’d stolen her phone? Oh, she’s white, all right—the crazy, racist bitch. (Except she’s actually Puerto Rican, and every bit as white as Toledo.)

Oh right, when they’re the victim, they’re not white. When they’re the aggressor, they’re white (Lena Hernandez, Mary Lee Cheong).

by Anonymousreply 289April 16, 2021 10:27 PM

Well, at any rate his mom will get a check for millions.So that ne'er-do-well thuglet that caused her so much stress was the goose that laid the golden egg.

by Anonymousreply 290April 16, 2021 11:13 PM

"This is what the pigs in Chicago really think.

People who call the police "pigs" are invariably retarded. You are no exception.

by Anonymousreply 291April 17, 2021 12:07 AM

Walk a mile in the cop's shoes.... who the fuck knows what this cop has seen or what his day had been like? At night he's chasing a teenager with a weapon;I'm sure his nerves were on edge.

Anyhow WTF was a 13yo doing out late a night, with a weapon? Sooner he dies than use it on an innocent.

by Anonymousreply 292April 17, 2021 12:13 AM

Lil Homicide was his gang name. WTF??

by Anonymousreply 293April 17, 2021 12:24 AM

R289 You can’t be serious? Latino refers to people from Latin America, they can be any race. Wtf how are you still not aware of that?

by Anonymousreply 294April 17, 2021 12:43 AM

The kid's nickname was Lil Homicide and Bvby Diablo and he was running with the Latin Kings.

This was not an innocent 13 year old.

by Anonymousreply 295April 17, 2021 1:25 AM

[quote]People who call the police "pigs" are invariably retarded. You are no exception.

Is that a triggered pig I smell?

by Anonymousreply 296April 17, 2021 1:28 AM

It was just reported on the PBS news that nearly 20 thousand people have died in the last 12 months from non-suicide gun violence in the US.

20 thousand deaths! And that doesn't include injuries etc.

by Anonymousreply 297April 17, 2021 1:32 AM

R293 “You’re just mama’s Lil Homicider, aren’t you?” *grabs cheeks*

by Anonymousreply 298April 17, 2021 1:35 AM

No, R296, what you smell are your own farts, you retard.

by Anonymousreply 299April 17, 2021 1:36 AM

[quote] what his day had been like?

Just another bad day resulting in murder eh? Thank god we have people like this police spokesperson and R292 around to explain it!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 300April 17, 2021 1:40 AM

[quote]No, R296, what you smell are your own farts, you retard.

Thin-skinned, wit of an abusive 8-year-old....sure smells like a cop to me.

Don't you have random black kids you should be torturing?

by Anonymousreply 301April 17, 2021 1:57 AM

[quote] You can’t be serious? Latino refers to people from Latin America, they can be any race. Wtf how are you still not aware of that?

I meant to write Hispanic. Happy now?

Toledo was white with Hispanic heritage. Not a person of color.

by Anonymousreply 302April 17, 2021 6:24 AM

R302 I’m sorry it’s not my fault you can’t distinguish between Latino and Hispanic, and clearly care so little about the difference that you mix them up easily.

White hispanic people are not considered POC but hispanic people are still a minority, and suffer discrimination based on that. ‘Happy now?’

by Anonymousreply 303April 17, 2021 6:45 AM

Would the cop have been justified if the kid had succeeded in shooting someone in the passing cars he was shooting at before he ran? The gun he threw down had popped open because the magazine was empty. He emptied his fucking gun at innocent people and then carried it around as he ran from cops through dark alleys. I bet there are quite a few neighbors around there who knew him who aren't particularly sad that he's gone.

by Anonymousreply 304April 17, 2021 6:54 AM

{quote]It’s easy for us to see the kid threw the gun, but possibly not for the cop who is in the heat of the moment and making split second decisions.

I don't doubt that the cop made a mistake, one that was unfortunately fatal. But there still needs to be a manslaughter charge. A cop is not supposed to act on assumption.

Also, and I said this numerous times on here. One thing that needs to be pointed out is that the kid didn't point the gun at the cop or indicated that he wanted to shoot him.

by Anonymousreply 305April 17, 2021 7:11 AM

Yeah, in the video he just kind of raises his hands up at his sides, right? I don’t see how the cop could claim he thought Toledo was pointing a gun at him at that time, even if he didn’t know that the gun had already been tossed.

But who knows what was going through the cop’s head or what he thought was happening. I guess we’ll find out.

[quote] White hispanic people are not considered POC but hispanic people are still a minority, and suffer discrimination based on that. ‘Happy now?’

Was Toledo a person of color? Doesn’t it just come down to being able to appear white? And that itself is its own privilege, I understand. If you appear white, you are white.

by Anonymousreply 306April 17, 2021 7:16 AM

[quote] I don't doubt that the cop made a mistake, one that was unfortunately fatal. But there still needs to be a manslaughter charge. A cop is not supposed to act on assumption. Also, and I said this numerous times on here. One thing that needs to be pointed out is that the kid didn't point the gun at the cop or indicated that he wanted to shoot him.

Exactly! Cops need to follow proper protocol and never shoot unless they’re fired upon. Only then are they justified in returning fire, not before as in this case. Cops really shouldn’t have guns at all.

by Anonymousreply 307April 17, 2021 7:23 AM

R307 is the biggest fucking idiot on this thread, and that's saying something. You morons actually think the cop should wait to be fired upon or until they see the barrel of the gun aimed at their heads? You literally have zero idea what you are talking about. You seem to actually think tv shows and movies are real.

by Anonymousreply 308April 17, 2021 8:21 AM

[quote]Cops really shouldn’t have guns at all.

You're an idiot R307, of course cops need to carry guns in a country where every fucking moron can carry ammo large enough to kill a small sized village in under 10 minutes.

The first thing that needs to happen is get guns off the street. This kid had no business to be shooting around at 2am. The less guns on the streets, the less cops need to be patrolling the neighborhood. Second, cops need to receive better training. Bad cops need to be fired and need to be held responsible and pay for their trespasses.

Sensible gun reform and sensibel police reform needs to happen.

The extremists on the left and right are always coming up with stupid ideas.

-- R305

by Anonymousreply 309April 17, 2021 9:10 AM

Way too many people in our country own guns for cops to not also be armed. It’s interesting that some want to take away the cops’ guns, but aren’t equally (or more) focused on getting guns off the street.

The real questions we should be asking are how did this kid go down such a scary path by 13 years old. His family, his community, his school- it all needs to be examined.

by Anonymousreply 310April 17, 2021 9:28 AM

I've some thoughts and questions after reading through this thread as well as Twitter on this matter:

It's alleged that Adam's street or gang name was "Lil' Homicide". What is the source for this? Or is this something right wing media made up?

Guns are designed to kill. So if you're going to use a gun, it should be used for it's what it's made for--to kill. That's why police officers are trained to shoot for the torso. It's silly to think that they should be trained to use guns to wound people in the legs, especially people who are armed and dangerous. And until this country solves its gun problem (and I doubt that will ever happen as there are too many guns in circulation) police need to carry guns and use them for what they are intended to be. It's not a nice matter, but that's just how it is, sad to say.

That being said, police could stand to have better training so as not to escalate everything so quickly. Though in a dark dangerous place with someone who is armed, or was armed only moments earlier, split second decisions have to be made, and being human, sometimes that decision will be wrong.

Given that he was out at 2:30AM and shooting at cars and hanging with gang members, it's quite likely that by the time he turned 21 Adam Toledo would have served or be serving time in prison or be dead, or both. Sure 13 year olds can slip out of the house, but I'd like to know more about his family situation. Did his parents ever care much about him? Were they too busy working jobs so they couldn't be around? Or were they in the gang life and he was just following in their footsteps? Did he even have a father in his life, and if so, what was he like? The family should not be let off the hook for what happened to him.

Finally, if he had escaped the police that night and a couple of hours later ended up shot dead by another gang member would that story be getting the same amount attention as this one? I'd say no. It would just be another statistic in the gun violence tragedy besetting the South and West Sides of Chicago and would be at most a one or two local news story with a small rally by community members imploring to stop the violence in their neighborhoods.

by Anonymousreply 311April 17, 2021 12:29 PM

[quote] What is the source for this? Or is this something right wing media made up?

It’s on Tiktok and Snapchat photos posted by his friends where multiple comment call him Lil Homicide and Bvby Devil. It’s even posted on this thread at r169

by Anonymousreply 312April 17, 2021 12:53 PM

Thanks R312.

by Anonymousreply 313April 17, 2021 1:05 PM

[quote]It’s interesting that some want to take away the cops’ guns, but aren’t equally (or more) focused on getting guns off the street.

[bold]BEAT THAT STRAW MAN, DUDE. BEAT IT DEAD.[/bold]

Jesus, the stupidity.

by Anonymousreply 314April 17, 2021 1:08 PM

I prefer "keep fuckin' that chicken" R314.

by Anonymousreply 315April 17, 2021 1:10 PM

Why wasn’t he at home studying?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 316April 17, 2021 1:13 PM

R315: also works.

by Anonymousreply 317April 17, 2021 1:13 PM

He and another gang member were shootings up the neighborhood at 2 am. Lots of rounds shot off. One could have easily gone through a window and killed an innocent. Then it would be on page 3 and counted as one of the daily murders in Chicago. It’s also clear that Lil Homicide was heading down the wrong road.

Cops need more training. There should be more accountability but what about all the other kids like him out there. The murder rate is the US is going up. Both mass murders and the daily ones no one cares about. How does that get impacted by police reforms?

by Anonymousreply 318April 17, 2021 1:15 PM

[quote]One could have easily gone through a window and killed an innocent.

But that didn't happen, R318.

Keep fuckin' that chicken.

by Anonymousreply 319April 17, 2021 1:41 PM

R295=that freeper cunt fuck Andy Ngo.

by Anonymousreply 320April 17, 2021 1:57 PM

[quote] But that didn't happen, [R318].

So an innocent person needs to be killed before we take this seriously. Got it. Tell that to the dead four year old who was struck by a stray bullet in Chicago a month ago.

by Anonymousreply 321April 17, 2021 2:02 PM

How is that dead crotch dropping related to what happened the other night R321?

Keep fuckin' that chicken, freeper cunt fuck.

by Anonymousreply 322April 17, 2021 2:11 PM

[quote]So an innocent person needs to be killed before we take this seriously. Got it. Tell that to the dead four year old who was struck by a stray bullet in Chicago a month ago.

You're also saying nobody took that shooting seriously.

by Anonymousreply 323April 17, 2021 2:12 PM

You are genuinely deranged r322/323. Spending all day on a Internet forum is not healthy. Get help.

by Anonymousreply 324April 17, 2021 2:14 PM

Why so, Freeper Cunt Fuck R324?

by Anonymousreply 325April 17, 2021 2:15 PM

Guns in the hands of cops aren't designed to kill, R311. A cop uses a gun to apprehend criminals and only if necessary to kill. Since the kid never was a threat to the cop, never pointed his gun at the cop, there was no reason for a defensive shoot to kill shot by the cop.

by Anonymousreply 326April 17, 2021 3:13 PM

[Quote] Yes, the cop saved lives that night by stopping him. If the cops hadn’t shown up, he would have continued to shoot at passing cars with an AUTOMATIC WEAPON. An automatic weapon would have killed multiple people In those passing cars.

So why did the cop have to kill him?

by Anonymousreply 327April 17, 2021 3:48 PM

[Quote] The murder rate is the US is going up. Both mass murders and the daily ones no one cares about. How does that get impacted by police reforms?

If the murder rate is going up, perhaps we can now understand that juts having cops around doesn’t end crime

by Anonymousreply 328April 17, 2021 3:49 PM

[Quote] Would the cop have been justified if the kid had succeeded in shooting someone in the passing cars he was shooting at before he ran? The gun he threw down had popped open because the magazine was empty. He emptied his fucking gun at innocent people and then carried it around as he ran from cops through dark alleys. I bet there are quite a few neighbors around there who knew him who aren't particularly sad that he's gone.

You cannot kill someone for potential crimes.

by Anonymousreply 329April 17, 2021 3:50 PM

[Quote] It’s interesting that some want to take away the cops’ guns, but aren’t equally (or more) focused on getting guns off the street.

Actually, it’s the GOP that’s blocking all attempts to get guns off the streets

by Anonymousreply 330April 17, 2021 3:51 PM

[Quote] How does a 13yo have a semi-automatic handgun??

The NRA made it okay

by Anonymousreply 331April 17, 2021 3:52 PM

[Quote] [Quote] It was just reported on the PBS news that nearly 20 thousand people have died in the last 12 months from non-suicide gun violence in the US.

And gun manufacturing stocks go up

by Anonymousreply 332April 17, 2021 3:54 PM

"since when is a Latino person considered a POC? I’ve been told repeatedly for the last few years that they’re white: the identify as white, government doesn’t recognize any distinction (except where there are separate boxes on the form for “Hispanic white” and “Non-Hispanic white”.

Aren't they Asian, since Asians settled the Americas? And yes, some have Spanish (European) but it's just a fraction.

by Anonymousreply 333April 17, 2021 3:57 PM

It's tragic when any child is killed. I think more investigation and expert testimony is needed to decide if the shooting is justified. Assuming the facts are true, was there enough times between Adam's throwing away the gun and raising his hands to register with the cop and avert a shooting? We don't know how much time elapsed.

The call to the Jefferson Park police station is meaningless. That's nowhere near where the shooting occurred and the callers were swearing and hysterical. it's a 65 percent white neighborhood on the Northwest side on the way to Ohare. Little Village, Adam's home, is 84 percent Latino,

by Anonymousreply 334April 17, 2021 4:14 PM

[quote]If the cops hadn’t shown up, he would have continued to shoot at passing cars with an AUTOMATIC WEAPON.

And you know this how? Were you there?

[quote]An automatic weapon would have killed multiple people In those passing cars.

But . . . didn't happen.

You're a fool, R113.

by Anonymousreply 335April 17, 2021 4:40 PM

Who cares if he was 13 years old? He was dangerous as hell. I've heard of a lot of murders committed by12, 13, 14 year olds. They can get their hands on guns without much trouble and they end up shooting somebody. They steal cars and kill people that way, too. How about those two teenage girls, ages 13 and 15, who killed an Uber driver? They tased him, hijacked his car and they caused the car accident that killed him. I hear they're copping a plea. Little monsters. I wouldn't care if they all got shot.

by Anonymousreply 336April 17, 2021 5:37 PM

[quote]The real questions we should be asking are how did this kid go down such a scary path by 13 years old. His family, his community, his school- it all needs to be examined.

A few months ago a preacher was in the streets after one of the random shootings by gang members resulted in a young child being killed while sitting in their home angrily confronted the neighborhood and all the people who live there by saying that if this had been done at the hands of a cop, they'd be marching in the streets, demanding justice but when it's another gangbanger they just sit there and shrug their shoulders and he was sick of it. I was glad he said it.

Probably didn't help but at least he's giving them a path to make their arguments seem more legitimate than they currently are as they ignore the hundreds of people killed by the gangs and focus all their energy on a couple police shootings instead. Until they decide to take both things seriously, I'm not very inclined to take either seriously. Live by the gun, die by the gun. Choose to clean up your neighborhoods, or stop complaining that your neighborhood is a crime-ridden shithole.

by Anonymousreply 337April 17, 2021 11:07 PM

A cop is not judge, jury and executioner.

by Anonymousreply 338April 17, 2021 11:13 PM

R335, it didn’t happen because the cop showed up and stopped him. There is such a thing as crime PREVENTION, you know. You can’t always wait for things to happen. Are you also going to defend failed school shooters who were stopped by police? “Well, it didn’t happen. He didn’t shoot anyone (yet).”

by Anonymousreply 339April 17, 2021 11:13 PM

Spare me R339, that post reads as if that were a certainty when it wasn't.

by Anonymousreply 340April 17, 2021 11:14 PM

How was it not a certainty? He was shooting at passing cars with a semi-automatic weapon. If no cops were on the scene, he would have continued all night and there most certainly would have been a casualty if not a few.

by Anonymousreply 341April 17, 2021 11:18 PM

For the people who are raging about this, ask yourself why Don Lemon, the wokest of the woke, is on the cop’s side in this case? Maybe this isn’t the hill to die on. You should be able to see nuance and access the situation instead of being blindly outraged.

by Anonymousreply 342April 17, 2021 11:20 PM

You're assuming a lot of things that wouldn't stand in a court of law R339.

A cop's job is to apprehend a criminal, not to kill him/her if there's no imminent danger to the cop's life.

by Anonymousreply 343April 17, 2021 11:21 PM

Seconds elapsed between dropping the gun and shooting Adam. Defunding the police would allow Adam and his 21-year-old crony to shoot up the streets in the middle of the nights. He shouldn't have been killed at 13 but at the rate he was going, it's doubtful he would make it to 21. The lasting solution for the Adam Toledos is more anti-violence work and youth programs. I haven't participated in an inner-city coaching program for about six years but it was one of the more satisfying things I've ever done.

by Anonymousreply 344April 17, 2021 11:28 PM

[quote]Seconds elapsed between dropping the gun and shooting Adam.

8/10ths of a second

Blink. It was faster than that.

by Anonymousreply 345April 17, 2021 11:31 PM

The same people who think it's OK to shoot someone running away from the police are the same ones who weep for that terrorist Babbitt who was running towards police to attack them and others.

by Anonymousreply 346April 17, 2021 11:36 PM

R346, I think both the little banger Toledo and the fucking terrorist Trumptard Babbitt got what they deserved. The world is better off without either of them in it.

by Anonymousreply 347April 17, 2021 11:38 PM

[quote] Bvby Diablo

[quote] Bvby Devil.

How does one properly pronounce the young man’s first name? One does want to be proper.

by Anonymousreply 348April 17, 2021 11:39 PM

[quote]Choose to clean up your neighborhoods, or stop complaining that your neighborhood is a crime-ridden shithole.

These people don't give two shits about all the violence in their neighborhoods. The ones with any brains do whatever they can to get the fuck out of these shithole hoods.

by Anonymousreply 349April 18, 2021 1:17 AM

Who R30 would call at the drop of a hat, squealing for help.

by Anonymousreply 350April 18, 2021 1:30 AM

Actually R345 a blink is .25s so it was 3 blinks. People react to visible stimuli in .25 of a second, and that’s when the brain isn’t expecting it, like in this situation he would have been looking out for stimuli. So he knew what had happened :) and then shot him anyway.

by Anonymousreply 351April 18, 2021 2:35 AM

R351, in the dark?

by Anonymousreply 352April 18, 2021 4:59 AM

[quote] I think both the little banger Toledo and the fucking terrorist Trumptard Babbitt got what they deserved.

Actually no, Toledo complied, Babbitt didn't.

by Anonymousreply 353April 18, 2021 5:00 AM

R353, Toledo did not comply. He ran. The then got trapped. He then still tried to get rid of the evidence by hiding the gun behind a fence. If he had complied when they told him to, not run, put the gun down right away, etc. he'd be alive today. I wonder who Lil' Homicide killed to get his name. Do you care about that? Maybe it was the four year old shot at the gas station a couple weeks ago. His future victims are thankful to the officer for doing his job. And, I bet most of the neighborhood and at least a few of his own family members aren't too broken up about it either. He and Babbitt reaped what they had sown. Good riddance.

by Anonymousreply 354April 18, 2021 7:16 AM

[quote] His future victims are thankful to the officer for doing his job.

What future victims? That didn’t happen. None of that happened and no one died. You can’t punish pre-crime or murders that never happened. So what if he was shooting semi-automatic guns at passing cars. No one got hurt. He was 13 years old! 13!! The cop needed to stay out of it. Then maybe poor Lil’ Homocide would still be alive today.

by Anonymousreply 355April 18, 2021 7:23 AM

R355,I can't even tell if your post is a parody or not. I'll assume not, so think about the fact that you're defending a gangbanger named Lil' Homicide. Of course the little piece of shit was going to kill someone if he hadn't already. He was a piece of shit and the world is better off without him in it. There is no logical argument on the other side. None.

by Anonymousreply 356April 18, 2021 7:31 AM

He was told to drop the weapon and show his hands. He did both those things. Complied. I know it doesn’t suit the racists but facts are facts America.

by Anonymousreply 357April 18, 2021 7:37 AM

You didn't watch the video, did you R357?

by Anonymousreply 358April 18, 2021 7:46 AM

[quote] Of course the little piece of shit was going to kill someone if he hadn't already.

Sure, Klan. And you know this how??? Are you a psyclops? Lil’ Homocide wasn’t hurting nobody. He’s just a kid. He compiled and put his hands up. If the racist cop can’t access the situation in .25 of a second in a dark alley then he👏🏼Shouldn’t👏🏼Be👏🏼A👏🏼Cop!👏🏼 Periodt! But you racists don’t want to hear it. You do you.

by Anonymousreply 359April 18, 2021 7:53 AM

[quote] You didn't watch the video, did you [R357]?

Why would I need to watch the video? Why would I want to watch someone die. Morbid much? I don’t have a fetish for death or gore. Besides, the pic of him compiling with his hands up is in the OP.

by Anonymousreply 360April 18, 2021 7:57 AM

You don't kill or convict someone on assuming he will do a crime in the future, R354. If this is what you believe, move to Russia or China.

by Anonymousreply 361April 18, 2021 7:59 AM

Most Latinos think he had it coming. They are not going to protest for what they see as a little criminal that had what was coming to him.

by Anonymousreply 362April 18, 2021 8:25 AM

There will be three white bearded wokesters protesting.

by Anonymousreply 363April 18, 2021 8:32 AM

Most Latinx are racist, just like you. Two wrongs don’t make a right. What part of he complyed and put his hands up don’t you understand?! And why brand him a little criminal when he didn’t commit any crimes or do anything wrong? And don’t say future crimes because you can’t prostatetute for that.

by Anonymousreply 364April 18, 2021 8:36 AM

His hands were never up. He threw the gun and then turned. His hands never moved higher than his stomach.

by Anonymousreply 365April 18, 2021 8:42 AM

There are numerous pictures of him with both of his hands in the air and above his shoulders with each hand on the side of his head.

by Anonymousreply 366April 18, 2021 10:34 AM

R234 and potentially someone who would have shot the cop. Its so interesting to see everyone’s armchair take on how someone should react when they are in a high-pressure situation with a stranger and a gun. I would be willing to bet no one on this thread and minimal people in real life have experienced this situation. It is very easy to proclaim “hes a child!” “his hands were up!” but 13 year old gang members kill people. I would like to see how you react if a gang member enters your home or tries to rob you. Lets see how you react then.

Yes, he was a child. There is blood on the parents hands as well, and that goes for all races.

by Anonymousreply 367April 18, 2021 11:48 AM

R365, why are you such a blatant liar. You're proven wrong by anyone who has time for a 10 seconds google.

Fucking Idiot!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 368April 18, 2021 11:49 AM

R362 which is further proof the Woke movement is driven by white saviors who feel like they are entitled to set the tone on how minorities should react and what they should be outraged over. Which is...wait for it... a form of racism!

by Anonymousreply 369April 18, 2021 11:55 AM

This is what police deal with.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 370April 18, 2021 2:31 PM

[quote]So what if he was shooting semi-automatic guns at passing cars. No one got hurt.

JFC, I can’t believe I just read this.

by Anonymousreply 371April 18, 2021 2:51 PM

[quote] Most Latinx are racist,

Maybe you’ve experienced that because, in spite of being told that term is not only offensive, but we don’t want to be referred to as that, in your little mind you think it’s ok.

[quote] And why brand him a little criminal when he didn’t commit any crimes or do anything wrong?

He didn’t? Possession of a deadly weapon, discharging of that deadly weapon at passing vehicles and resisting arrest are no longer crimes?

[quote]And don’t say future crimes because you can’t prostatetute for that.

You can’t what?

by Anonymousreply 372April 18, 2021 2:55 PM

R359, you are fucking illiterate.

You and your fucking Twitter claps.

by Anonymousreply 373April 18, 2021 2:55 PM

[quote] Why would I need to watch the video?

So you’d just rather spout bullshit about what happened instead of actually seeing what happened?

The fucking stupidity in this thread.

by Anonymousreply 374April 18, 2021 2:57 PM

R374 that person replied on my behalf weirdly - I did watch the video. There’s some very strange trolling going on in this thread. It’s done to make it easy for assholes like you to say that I’m ‘spouting bullshit’ when I’m not. I watched it, cop murdered the boy, it’s very clear. Gave him order, boy obeyed order, then he shot him.

by Anonymousreply 375April 18, 2021 4:22 PM

Why don't you stop acting like being a PO is dangerous? It's not even in the top 20 of most dangerous professions. Most people aren't shooting at police and an unprofessional one is of no use.

by Anonymousreply 376April 18, 2021 10:55 PM

People defending the kid are nutjob snowflakes - and the reason the republicans will unfortunately take back power during the next major elections.

Most of us long for a world that returns to normal. What does that mean?

Thugs locked up.

A solution for the homeless, especially those with mental illness.

Lazy asses getting back to work and stop getting high and living off of the stimulus.

The "They" craze ending.

I've been a lifelong democrat and I'm really starting to feel disenfranchised from all of this craziness.

Sure, there are some bad cops. Having known several cops over the years - I understand what dealing with the absolute worst of humanity on a daily basis will do to some people.

by Anonymousreply 377April 19, 2021 1:19 AM

^^ lol

by Anonymousreply 378April 19, 2021 1:24 AM

[quote]People defending the kid are nutjob snowflakes - and the reason the republicans will unfortunately take back power during the next major elections.

You mean the same Republicans who keep mentioning Babbitt as a victim? Again, I must ask: Why do jerks like you always lower the goal posts for the GOP? Why do you not hold them to the same standards? Because again, it doesn't take much for people like you to become god damned fascists. Everyone will vote Republican over wanting to hold a cop accountable over killing a 13yo, yet thousands of right-wingers BEATING cops when they weren't spreading their fecal matter and urine in our Capitol is apparently not reason enough for people to vote Dem?

You're a troglodyte.

by Anonymousreply 379April 19, 2021 1:25 AM

Nice try, r377.

Now kindly return to viewing Fox News and the drunken Judge Janine!

by Anonymousreply 380April 19, 2021 1:27 AM

r375, was not murder. I'm with the cop on this one. In that split second the cop could have been shot.

by Anonymousreply 381April 19, 2021 2:07 AM

R379, what do you say to those of us who believe both Babbit and Toledo got exactly what they brought upon themselves? I'm a liberal Democrat who would never vote for a Repug for anything. I think the Repug party should go the way of the Whigs or change their name to the NeoConfederate party to better match their current existence. But, just as the far right has brought about that Repug party, the far left is going to do the same to the Democratic party. Twitter and Instagram are not indicative of the real world at all so Democrats need to stop pretending that what's trending in any way represents the majority or they will be where the Repigs are within five years.

by Anonymousreply 382April 19, 2021 2:17 AM

[quote]In that split second the cop could have been shot.

With the weapon that most clearly is NOT in his hands?

It's not murder without intent, but it's textbook manslaughter.

by Anonymousreply 383April 19, 2021 2:50 AM

I say address what I fucking said, R382. I never ever see people like you say "This is why people will vote Dem" after something disgusting that Republicans do.

A god damned insurrection happened where you had cops beaten with fucking "Blue Lives Matters" flags. Thousands of those RW parasites tried to stop the very democratic process that has taken place for over 200 years because they bought into a lie told by a giant, white supremacist baby who can't accept that he lost, but I don't see you say "This is why the Dems will won." However, if someone remakes a movie that previously had white actors by using non-white actors, you'll say some horseshit about "This is why Trump won." Like it's perfectly reasonable for idiots to vote for a white supremacist, scheming moron because Little Orphan Annie was black in the remake. Your standards for why someone could so easily vote Republican are preposterous as you ignore the despicable behavior on the right and not a peep about how this should be enough for any reasonable person to vote for the Dems.

I guarantee after BLM protests, your predictable ass said "This is why the Republicans will win," yet you have thousands of people storming the capitol looking to KILL elected officials including the VP and you never utter the words "This is why the Dems will win."

by Anonymousreply 384April 19, 2021 2:59 AM

will win*

by Anonymousreply 385April 19, 2021 3:00 AM

[quote]Most Latinx are racist, just like you

R364 is a racist.

by Anonymousreply 386April 19, 2021 3:02 AM

The Latin media is just not buying it. They are much harsher on the kid than English speaking media.

by Anonymousreply 387April 19, 2021 3:04 AM

If conservatives had their way there would be no oversight of police. If liberals had there way the police would be equipped with PEZ dispensers if they were still allowed to exist at all. Why can’t we hold the police accountable and punish civilians who are committing crimes. Guess it doesn’t provide enough ratings.

by Anonymousreply 388April 19, 2021 3:06 AM

R384, you don't see us addressing what we think the Repugs should be accountable for? What the hell are you even talking about? Have you read DL? We can't do anything about the lunatics who are going to vote for the Repugs so we sure as hell better make sure the Democrats are in a position to win.

Your "analysis" also shows a decided lack of knowledge about both Democratic and Repug voter trends. Repugs are a homogenous group that tends to vote in lockstep. Democrats need to hold together a party made up of numerous voter blocs, sometimes with opposing positions. You seem rather simplistic in your black/white beliefs and pretty ignorant concerning how politics actually works.

by Anonymousreply 389April 19, 2021 5:34 AM

[quote] The Latin media is just not buying it. They are much harsher on the kid than English speaking media.

That’s because the Latinx media is racist.

by Anonymousreply 390April 19, 2021 8:21 AM

Better slow down, R390, or you're gonna have to start yelling racist at yourself in the mirror. Oh, wait, you probably already do that. Are there encounter groups where wokesters just sit in a circle calling each other racists until everyone cries? I bet there are.

by Anonymousreply 391April 19, 2021 8:46 AM

Darwin lives.

by Anonymousreply 392April 19, 2021 10:09 AM

Fuck you, R379. You are one of those assholes who thinks that unless anyone acts super woke and no one is held accountable then you are for the GOP. You, cunt, are the leaders of the pack leading the democrats right over the cliff.

Deep down I suspect you're a prissy NIMBY cunt like most SJWs.

by Anonymousreply 393April 20, 2021 12:43 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!