Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Looks like Russiagate was real

Sorry, DL Republicans.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99May 25, 2021 6:14 AM

Duh.

by Anonymousreply 1April 15, 2021 6:53 PM

Paul Manafort should be in jail for life. He’s worse than any of the Nixon conspirators. He and Roger Stone.

by Anonymousreply 2April 15, 2021 6:55 PM

what did the 8 GOP'ers that spent July 4th a few years ago in Russia know about all of this? Hope someone is looking into their potential involvement.

by Anonymousreply 3April 15, 2021 7:20 PM

Shocking! Who would have have suspected the allegations were true?

by Anonymousreply 4April 15, 2021 7:23 PM

Deep state fakery

by Anonymousreply 5April 15, 2021 7:23 PM

And nothing will happen.

To anyone.

by Anonymousreply 6April 15, 2021 7:27 PM

[quote]Interesting that FBI would post this thread today.

Why is today interesting?

by Anonymousreply 7April 15, 2021 7:32 PM

Oddly, Senator Jerry Moran from Kansas came back from the Russia visit saying he was sure they had interfered in the election. I don't think any of the others did.

[quote]“I don’t believe the Russians when they say they didn’t interfere with the elections, and I don’t believe them when they portray the meetings so different from how they occurred.”

by Anonymousreply 8April 15, 2021 7:33 PM

Ron Johnson went to Russia and said the meddling thing was totally overblown, man.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9April 15, 2021 7:33 PM

Now we need to find who they have kompromat on

by Anonymousreply 10April 15, 2021 7:34 PM

I notice that thread was posted on Feb 25th, r7. What was going on that day, do you remember?

They didn't post that thread today so there's no Lincoln connection.

by Anonymousreply 11April 15, 2021 7:36 PM

Hi, John at R7!

You wuz sexy!

by Anonymousreply 12April 15, 2021 7:37 PM

[Putin] said there wasn’t interference. I have no reason not to believe him.

by Anonymousreply 13April 15, 2021 7:38 PM

No, it doesn't look like it's real. SouthFront, NewsFront and SCF CLEARLY state that they are run by Russia, and this ridiculous article does not clarify how minor webpages that do not receive any significant amount of US viewership, would be responsible for spreading misinformation. Moreover, they supposedly attempted to "spread misinformation" about the 2020 Election, even though the results have favoured Biden? That is interesting, isn't it? I suppose that they don't need to provide pre-election visit stats for these webpages, or link the information to specific articles, because of course, unfounded accusations are much more real when you mention names with no data analysis.

Also, I find it funny how they would go from "they made Trump win!" and, when that didn't stick, they have moved to "they tried to make Trump win again!". This is getting ridiculous. Oh, and why would the US be concerned about what obscure companies do in Europe and Africa? Since when are electoral processes in the US dependant on the public opinion in European and African countries?

This is ridiculous. Even Pelosi has met with Russian officials over time (she last met with Kislyak in 2010, and then claimed that "what she mean is that she never meet him privately", once Trump accused her of collusion), just as she met with Assad in 2007 before demonizing Tulsi Gabbard for doing the same ten years later.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14April 15, 2021 7:39 PM

CNN says this was happening on Feb. 25th, maybe that's what Strzek meant when he said it was interesting that the FBI released what they did about Russiagate that day?

[quote]The CIA has set up its first-ever task force to focus on suspected microwave attacks on US intelligence officers in the last few years, CNN has learned. About 40 US government officials across multiple agencies have been victims of debilitating invisible attacks in Russia, Cuba, China and other places around the globe. The mysterious nature of these attacks, thought to be caused by directed microwave radiation, have left victims with traumatic brain injuries and other lasting side effects while providing little in the way of evidence to hold those behind the attacks accountable. This new momentum comes after recently declassified reports that suggest the initial investigation into the attacks may have been mismanaged.

by Anonymousreply 15April 15, 2021 7:39 PM

R14 = freeper trying to deflect

A bipartisan Senate committee proved collusion. Try again

by Anonymousreply 16April 15, 2021 7:41 PM

Let's allow real journalists to inform us, shall we R16?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17April 15, 2021 7:56 PM

He's not a real journalist. Try again, r17

by Anonymousreply 18April 15, 2021 8:11 PM

Quite the trick: claim that everyone knows SouthFront, NewsFront and SCF are funded by Russia, then point to the Russian-funded Grayzone as a purveyor of "real" news.

by Anonymousreply 19April 15, 2021 8:11 PM

The Glenn Greenwald Fan Club is out in force on this thread, naturally.

by Anonymousreply 20April 15, 2021 8:15 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21April 15, 2021 8:17 PM

Useful idiot and Russian disinformation agent Aaron Maté is a real journalist? LOL.

by Anonymousreply 22April 15, 2021 8:17 PM

The best part about this is that Trump can’t tweet shot about Strzok now, and you just know his little sausage fingers are itching to tweet profanities IN ALL CAPS!

by Anonymousreply 23April 15, 2021 8:22 PM

True r20, but you'd think they'd already be busy defending him on Twitter where he got hurt feelings when Chelsea Clinton said maybe Facebook shouldn't be allowing Tucker Carlson to lie about the pandemic and the vaccine.

by Anonymousreply 24April 15, 2021 8:29 PM

Gotta admit that's a little irritating r21, I know Chris Hayes was questioning the Russia connection for a very long time, and now that Trump's out, suddenly he believes it.

We needed him believing it 3 years ago, but of course not, almost nobody did even though it was obvious what was going on. Frustrating.

by Anonymousreply 25April 15, 2021 8:30 PM

Stop saying “collusion.”

It was COLLABORATION and always has been.

by Anonymousreply 26April 15, 2021 8:57 PM

R17 get out you fucking Republican troll

by Anonymousreply 27April 15, 2021 9:33 PM

R17 the FBI needs to get you Russian operative.

by Anonymousreply 28April 15, 2021 9:35 PM

We told you. DL is always ahead of the curve.

by Anonymousreply 29April 15, 2021 9:44 PM

[quote]Gotta admit that's a little irritating R21, I know Chris Hayes was questioning the Russia connection for a very long time, and now that Trump's out, suddenly he believes it.

[quote]𝑇ℎ𝑒𝑟𝑒 𝑤𝑎𝑠 𝑛𝑜 𝑐𝑜𝑙𝑙𝑢𝑠𝑖𝑜𝑛, 𝑗𝑢𝑠𝑡 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑅𝑢𝑠𝑠𝑖𝑎𝑛𝑠 ℎ𝑎𝑐𝑘𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑇𝑟𝑢𝑚𝑝'𝑠 𝑜𝑝𝑝𝑜𝑛𝑒𝑛𝑡 𝑡𝑜 ℎ𝑒𝑙𝑝 𝑇𝑟𝑢𝑚𝑝 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑇𝑟𝑢𝑚𝑝'𝑠 𝑐𝑎𝑚𝑝𝑎𝑖𝑔𝑛 𝑚𝑎𝑛𝑎𝑔𝑒𝑟 𝑝𝑎𝑠𝑠𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑐𝑎𝑚𝑝𝑎𝑖𝑔𝑛 𝑖𝑛𝑓𝑜 𝑡𝑜 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑅𝑢𝑠𝑠𝑖𝑎𝑛𝑠.

The tweet which R21 posted was sarcasm on Hayes' part.

R25, I've been watching Hayes for years, and have never seen him question the Russian connection, ever. He and Rachel Maddow have always been on the exact same page on the matter.

by Anonymousreply 30April 15, 2021 9:59 PM

Trump is Putin’s bitch. Anyone with sense can see that.

by Anonymousreply 31April 16, 2021 12:51 AM

I much prefer the term, conspiracy.

by Anonymousreply 32April 16, 2021 1:21 AM

Thank God Biden is imposing sanctions on Russia. Get the Russians diplomats out of here. Boris has needed that one way ticket for a long time.

Putin doesn't have a pot to piss in.

by Anonymousreply 33April 16, 2021 1:30 AM

I hope that they take all of the racist and anti-Trans spammers with them when they go back to Russia. They can evenhave Alok since they love they so much.

by Anonymousreply 34April 16, 2021 1:59 AM

No!

I'm shocked! Shocked I say!

by Anonymousreply 35April 16, 2021 2:15 AM

If they take away Russia's beets and vodka, the entire country might just die.

by Anonymousreply 36April 16, 2021 2:22 AM

Rachel Maddow and Michael Schmidt (NYT) brought up some interesting questions: the US government dropped this announcements of sanctions against Russia for a slew of other things unrelated to the 2016 election - Navalny, Russian Solarwinds hacking, the 2020 election. Why did they confirm this now? What other information with Manafort/Trumpco share with the FSB? When did the US government know about this backchannel? Will this prompt further investigations from the Justice Dept.? Even with Manafort pardoned, could the US government nail him for other things based on new evidence?

by Anonymousreply 37April 16, 2021 2:24 AM

NOW a warning?

by Anonymousreply 38April 16, 2021 2:24 AM

*dropped this INTO announcements of sanctions...

by Anonymousreply 39April 16, 2021 2:24 AM

I hope they arrest the whole lot of these Trumptard Traitors. Let them rot.

by Anonymousreply 40April 16, 2021 2:31 AM

We knew this already.

The Senate report specifically said there was a relationship between the Trump campaign and Russia

by Anonymousreply 41April 16, 2021 3:33 AM

I want to see the pee pee tape!

by Anonymousreply 42April 16, 2021 3:33 AM

[quote]The Senate report specifically said there was a relationship between the Trump campaign and Russia

But the Senate report didn't bring up specifics of the relationship. Today the USG explicitly said for the first time that Manafort passed 2016 polling data over to Kilimnik, who passed it on to superiors in the FSB.

by Anonymousreply 43April 16, 2021 3:45 AM

R43, actually, the Senate Report specifically listed the details of the relationship including that Manafort shared info with the Russians.

Here's an article from 2019 about the sharing of polling data.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44April 16, 2021 5:44 AM

Here's another 2019 article about it

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45April 16, 2021 5:45 AM

[quote]Here's an article from 2019 about the sharing of polling data.

Hmm. You're right. 2019 feels like 1 million years ago, and my memory for details is shaky these days.

by Anonymousreply 46April 16, 2021 12:50 PM

mmm we knew alot of what went down but they hadn't officially connected those dots according to Andrew Weissmann from Mueller's team. He was on MSNBC alot yesterday saying he wishes they had access to some of this info at the time of their investigation. Could he be talking out of his ass? who knows.

by Anonymousreply 47April 16, 2021 1:02 PM

[Quote] Hmm. You're right. 2019 feels like 1 million years ago, and my memory for details is shaky these days.

It’s just odd that it’s being presented as somehow newly discovered information two years later

by Anonymousreply 48April 16, 2021 4:08 PM

[quote]It’s just odd that it’s being presented as somehow newly discovered information two years later

The big mystery is why this was dropped into a report on sanctions related to everything else except 2016.

by Anonymousreply 49April 16, 2021 4:09 PM

Since the claims are being used to back the sanctions ., it could look like partisan bullying if they bring up Trump & Co.'s coordination with Putin and Russian troll farms in 2016, Hopefully this exposes at least some of the cheating and lies in more current times. The skirting of laws and outright crimes Trump utilized to squeak by in 2016 will probably go unpunished. He's exposed but he's gotten away free,even swindling his own who took the fall for him.

by Anonymousreply 50April 16, 2021 4:59 PM

None of this information will reach the cultists who NEED to hear it, tho.

Even IF multiple big name reich wing nut jobs get arrested, convicted and jailed, reich wing media will ignore it and pretend one their favorites never existed in the first place.

by Anonymousreply 51April 16, 2021 6:49 PM

This is ridiculous: RussiaGate in all its forms has been widely debunked, and you are all falling for these TRANSPARENT specious lies - Seymour Hersh, the best and utmost investigative journalist in the last 100 years, has greatly contribute to debunk it. Maybe you should read what he has to say before reading the distortions and falsehoods presented by the Pentagon.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52April 16, 2021 7:55 PM

Call me crazy, but I think the NRA legal case is involved in this, too. I'm sure there is a lot of back channel correspondence how that money is supposed to be spent from the Russians and someone saved it in case he needs to save his own skin, like LaPierre.

by Anonymousreply 53April 16, 2021 8:19 PM

Boris will continue to be called Boris until he stops supporting a political party and Trump family full of corrupt, bribed puppets of a Russian dictator hell-bent on destroying American power and democracy.

by Anonymousreply 54April 16, 2021 8:22 PM

r52 = Fake News directly from the Russian Internet Research Agency

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55April 16, 2021 8:23 PM

R52 Oh hi, Ivanka. How's Jared taking the Colton news?

by Anonymousreply 56April 16, 2021 8:26 PM

Biden also just made it considerably more difficult for Russia to access credit.

Heh.

Julia Davis follows Russian state TV on Twitter so we don't have to, and the responses to Biden's announcement have been comedy gold.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57April 16, 2021 8:37 PM

Russian State TV example #2

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58April 16, 2021 8:38 PM

Manafort delivered intel to a Russian agent. How is that not conspiracy.

by Anonymousreply 59April 16, 2021 8:38 PM

Now I'm reading that this released info about Manafort could be a hint that the DOJ is about to drop new charges on Manafort.

Heh.

by Anonymousreply 60April 17, 2021 5:18 AM

What's that going to do for Obama's legacy? Remember he initially blamed Hillary Clinton's loss all on her.

by Anonymousreply 61April 17, 2021 12:02 PM

^non sequitur

R3, Yes. The Traitorous Eight, summoned by Putin on the 4th of July. Giving conflicting stories.

Soon after, Russian troll farms began targeting their opponents with tailor made messages.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62April 17, 2021 12:39 PM

R14 has vague Slavic accent

by Anonymousreply 63April 17, 2021 12:51 PM

Leave it to a Republitard to bring in Obama no matter how out of context or nizarre.

by Anonymousreply 64April 17, 2021 1:02 PM

There *has* to be something else to prosecute Manafort for, in connection with all of this. There just has to be a lot more to this that will be uncovered now that people will be more willing to point fingers and share evidence. Manafort WAS acting contrary to the interests of his own country, without authorization, and solely for his own economic benefit. It is outrageous that Trump let him out of jail, and he needs to go back. And I'm glad, at least, that he certainly knows it's possible that it can happen, and it's bound to be scaring the shit out of him.

by Anonymousreply 65April 17, 2021 2:28 PM

Sure R64, a republican would defend Hillary Clinton. 🙄🤪😖

It's a legitimate question. How could all of this happen and Obama did nothing about it. Obama hired Comey, the guy who delivered the last blow.

by Anonymousreply 66April 17, 2021 2:30 PM

^Go watch Newsmax and get back to us with an answer.

by Anonymousreply 67April 17, 2021 3:15 PM

Newsmax doesn't like Hillary Clinton.

Lame R67!

by Anonymousreply 68April 17, 2021 3:20 PM

Obama wore a tan suit!

by Anonymousreply 69April 17, 2021 3:55 PM

Obama did try to do something.

by Anonymousreply 70April 17, 2021 3:58 PM

IT’S TIME FOR COLD WAR II.

A total boycott of Russia and all its allies’ economies until regime change comes to Russia.

by Anonymousreply 72April 17, 2021 7:45 PM

[quote]Obama did try to do something.

Yes, he denied the election was stolen by Putin.

by Anonymousreply 73April 18, 2021 12:22 AM

Obama and Congress passed sanctions against Russia.

Trump came in and refused to implement them for a long long time

by Anonymousreply 74April 18, 2021 12:24 AM

Talking about polling data? How shocking. Shoot them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75April 18, 2021 12:37 AM

Not really R73. That's way too simplistic.

by Anonymousreply 76April 18, 2021 4:18 AM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 77April 20, 2021 5:47 PM

[quote] Obama did try to do something.

[quote] Yes, he denied the election was stolen by Putin.

He didn't want to be painted as a biased loser by the right wing media (which they would've most certainly done). That is why he reached out to McConnell to come forward with this information together, but McConnell refused.

by Anonymousreply 78April 20, 2021 5:54 PM

After 9/11 was able to happen, no one believes American intelligence. Like everything in America, it’s totally incompetent.

by Anonymousreply 79April 20, 2021 5:56 PM

People believe what they want to believe. Bigots want to believe that their bigotry is valid, so they choose to listen to the GOP, Q-Anon, Fox News, Breitbart, Sinclair Radio, Alt Right, MyPillow Guy, etc.

by Anonymousreply 80April 20, 2021 6:00 PM

R78 that’s the problem with Obama he was too scared of the right wing media

by Anonymousreply 81April 20, 2021 9:12 PM

Who the fuck is stupid enough to connect these kinds of workstations/servers to the internet?

by Anonymousreply 82April 21, 2021 12:44 AM

In hindsight that was a big mistake by Obama.

by Anonymousreply 83April 21, 2021 11:36 AM

that indeed was a problem we deal with today

by Anonymousreply 84April 21, 2021 11:38 AM

Sure, blame Obama. *rollingeyes*

by Anonymousreply 85April 21, 2021 11:39 AM

Obama was in a no win situation. Intelligence reports were coming in months before the election that the Trump campaign and Russia were in contact. Obama knew how it would look and the consequences it might have on the election. He instructed intelligence to keep monitoring but decided not to make accusations public until more was confirmed. Yes, it was a mistake but he would have been accused (and WAS accused) of interfering in the election.

by Anonymousreply 86April 21, 2021 2:37 PM

this is true

by Anonymousreply 87April 21, 2021 2:39 PM

I have to ask if Republicans would behave as Obama did? The answer is no. Dems are always held to a higher standard.

by Anonymousreply 88April 21, 2021 4:32 PM

[quote]After 9/11 was able to happen, no one believes American intelligence. Like everything in America, it’s totally incompetent.

This is stupid. Bush and Condoleeza Rice were specifically warned by US intelligence, "Bin Laden determined to strike in America," and they ignored it because they were still focused on Cold War enemies. The incompetence lies with them.

by Anonymousreply 89April 21, 2021 4:54 PM

bump

by Anonymousreply 90April 22, 2021 7:59 PM

Obama would have been on the right side of history now, giving in to republicans is never good advice. I liked the guy, but he was just too wimpy.

by Anonymousreply 91April 22, 2021 9:03 PM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 92April 24, 2021 7:35 PM

I always believed in the Russian voter hack theory. I said it many times. There's no way in hell all those Repug senators won their races considering the Democrats were literally in the lead in all the polls. Suddenly the Republicans won? Come on. Anyone can see something went on. The results were definitely rigged one way or another.

by Anonymousreply 93April 24, 2021 7:54 PM

Remember Maddow interview with Lev Parnas on the eve of the impeachment15 months ago? He laid out the entire scheme. This is a 2 part, hour and half interview. I listened while I cleaned my stove.

TLDR: They all knew, Trump, Barr, Pompeo, Nunez, Harvey, Joe and Victoria- FOX lawyers. GOAL: Fire the Ambassador and force Ukraine to announce investigations. And most/all were paid by Demytro Firtash/KGB oligarch.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94April 29, 2021 12:59 PM

Something fishy went on in the 2020 elections.

Lindsey got 672,941 votes in 2014. In 2020 he DOUBLED his votes to 1,369,137.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95April 29, 2021 10:40 PM

OMG, everything we knew at the time has now been proven. Barr/Rosenstein conspired in advance to protect Trump.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96May 5, 2021 2:24 PM

Now what? Is this all building up into something that's being orchestrated? When can we expect to see some punishment?

by Anonymousreply 97May 5, 2021 3:26 PM

What are we actually doing with this information? It feels like it is all out there, but nothing ever gets done with it. And that is scary.

by Anonymousreply 98May 5, 2021 3:31 PM

It's gradually building to criminal charges, R98. Don't worry - it will get there.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99May 25, 2021 6:14 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!