Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Myriam Gurba, author of MEAN, wants you to know that hatred of the other sex can only seriously exist in one direction!

[quote]Can women abuse men? Sure. But women can’t target men as a minoritized collective. There’s no systemic misandrist parallel to misogyny.

How convenient for her.

It's not gone down well, considering nearly every response. She's been left to merely whine that she's being misconstrued (as they always do).

[quote]Men who willfully misconstrue what I say about them can stay fantasizing about kissing my stretch-marked ass.

So tough and bawdy!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36May 9, 2021 3:13 AM

Eh I tend to agree with her

by Anonymousreply 1April 15, 2021 11:43 AM

This woman's insane.

by Anonymousreply 2April 15, 2021 12:09 PM

More of the good old 'here's a poor attempt to justify why I should be able to say horrible things about others but no one can say them about me' type argument.

by Anonymousreply 3April 15, 2021 8:29 PM

Bullshit. Used to work with a big tall big boned(but not fat) German Irish broad. She slapped around everyone of her boyfriends. Also chose non-white guys that were shorter and slighter than her. Mean old bitch who was a massive alcoholic. Arrested multiple times for DV too.

by Anonymousreply 4April 15, 2021 8:42 PM

Heh:

[quote]Write a dissertation and you can sound like her. The woke PhDs are learning the ancient way of the humanities: create a pidgin and relentlessly expand it in the vacuum of the academy until your language is known only to your people. Then use it as a cudgel.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5April 15, 2021 8:56 PM

I like this one!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6April 16, 2021 11:28 AM

If you fell the need to explain why your hatred isn't really hate but is actually just justice, I have some news for you.

by Anonymousreply 7April 16, 2021 11:31 AM

That's a good point, R7!

by Anonymousreply 8April 16, 2021 11:35 AM

Depending on your environment, misandry is definitely a thing. It's just that women get killed by their spouses a lot more often than vice versa, and I have still to find the man who is afraid of walking home alone out of fear of aggressive women, or the man who is afraid of women jumping on him and gang raping him at the parking garage or behind the playground. Like this one (please use autotranslate.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9April 16, 2021 11:53 AM

Just a side note, but after reading R9, am I the only guy who does get nervous walking home at night? Like not to the extent I bet it is with women, but I do actually walk with my keys in my hand. I guess I've watched too many true crime shows and stuff.

by Anonymousreply 10April 16, 2021 11:56 AM

A kid who worked for me as an undergrad went to work at Davis, Polk after NYU Law and got beaten up twice in NYC by tough girls before they told him to use the car service to get home at night. Every night.

It can happen...

by Anonymousreply 11April 16, 2021 1:05 PM

She appears to be a Twitter psycho. Why on earth would I care what she says?

by Anonymousreply 12April 16, 2021 1:13 PM

^Only a man would dismiss a woman's thoughtful and intricate arguments like this!

by Anonymousreply 13April 16, 2021 9:11 PM

I’m getting moist reading this thread!

by Anonymousreply 14April 16, 2021 9:16 PM

Who is Andrea Dworkin? I see her mentioned on here a few times. Or do I want to know?

by Anonymousreply 15April 16, 2021 9:25 PM

[quote]A kid who worked for me as an undergrad went to work at Davis, Polk after NYU Law and got beaten up twice in NYC by tough girls before they told him to use the car service to get home at night. Every night.

Shades of [italic]Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill![/italic]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16April 16, 2021 9:32 PM

^"Corrective table etiquette!"

I love that film.

by Anonymousreply 17April 16, 2021 9:33 PM

"Who is Andrea Dworkin?"

She's the one who said, in so many words, that all heterosexual sex is rape.

by Anonymousreply 18April 16, 2021 9:36 PM

WHAAAAT, R18? Hahahaha! Oh my god, I have to look into this!

And honestly? I can totally see people like Gurba, Gay etc. going down that path eventually, maybe not saying that as directly, but implying it at least.

by Anonymousreply 19April 16, 2021 9:41 PM

Haha, someone's having a go at Myriam, methinks...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20April 17, 2021 6:03 AM

^and oh dear, Miss Myriam has been triggered...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21April 17, 2021 6:04 AM

She's not wrong.

by Anonymousreply 22April 17, 2021 6:47 AM

She is.

by Anonymousreply 23April 17, 2021 6:49 AM

R10 ya and are you afraid of men or women attacking you at night? Now imagine how a woman feels.

Is this actually a MRA thread? Wtf

by Anonymousreply 24April 17, 2021 7:42 AM

R24, if you actually read what I said, I believe it was:

"...not to the extent I bet it is with women..."

Clearly you are an angry person, but you should know your rage is interfering with your reading comprehension.

No interest in being a men's rights type person, just no interest in supporting ridiculous "truths" stated by some people either.

by Anonymousreply 25April 17, 2021 12:41 PM

R25 oh lord I was agreeing with you and adding some extra parts to the equation. Take a chill pill pls.

The MRA accusation was at the thread in general, which has a real MRA vibe to it.

by Anonymousreply 26April 17, 2021 3:51 PM

Then, I apologise. This is what I dislike sometimes about reading as opposed to having a face to face conversation, it's too easy to misinterpret. Sorry about that x

by Anonymousreply 27April 17, 2021 9:38 PM

R27 just saw this now, appreciate your reply, also looking back my original comment was a bit vague 🤭 - as you say these conversational but text based threads can be tricky to interpret correctly - sorry on my end also :)

by Anonymousreply 28April 19, 2021 9:03 PM

It's all ok :)

You're good people, R28 xx.

by Anonymousreply 29April 19, 2021 9:11 PM

Her and that Roxane Gay need to go out for coffee sometime!

by Anonymousreply 30April 19, 2021 9:18 PM

I think they do, R30! Pretty sure they are friends.

by Anonymousreply 31April 19, 2021 9:19 PM

I don't think what she said was wrong.

Women can be abusive as individuals, but there is no collective sense in which they pose an actual threat to men. Unless there is some slew of articles on female incels shooting up the post office because guys won't fuck them that I've just been missing.

by Anonymousreply 32April 19, 2021 9:20 PM

Radical feminists HATE all men with a passion. I've known quite a few in my 40 years.

by Anonymousreply 33April 19, 2021 9:57 PM

R33 doesn’t seem like you learned anything from them. Nuance probably isn’t your strong suit tho 🤭

by Anonymousreply 34April 19, 2021 10:08 PM

I think it's when you take this comment in context with all the other stuff she says that people really get annoyed by her. One comment alone isn't enough to show how weird she can actually be.

But... she's also quite funny sometimes, and is probably quite a sweet person too.

by Anonymousreply 35April 20, 2021 12:54 PM

That's... well, that's an interesting reason to have a baby, I guess...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36May 9, 2021 3:13 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!