Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Knoxville School Shooting

It's good to see America finally getting back to normal, like pre-COVID days.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21April 16, 2021 9:54 PM

A day without a mass shooting in America is like a day without sunshine.

by Anonymousreply 1April 12, 2021 9:14 PM

A mass shooting, a black man wrongly shot by police, I could almost go out for dinner....

by Anonymousreply 2April 12, 2021 9:17 PM

The governor there just signed a bill removing the need for a license to carry. Thankfully all the dead can be buried fully armed.

by Anonymousreply 3April 12, 2021 9:18 PM

Springtime in America

by Anonymousreply 4April 12, 2021 9:19 PM

I guess the Roaring 20s has started.

by Anonymousreply 5April 12, 2021 9:54 PM

Why is our country so trashy?

by Anonymousreply 6April 12, 2021 9:55 PM

Because Russia owns the NRA, has literal spies inside of it who fuck Republican operatives & funnel money to pro-gun candidates in order to sow as much chaos & kill as many Americans as possible. The GOP is aRussian front organization.

by Anonymousreply 7April 12, 2021 10:01 PM

I thought the NRA was broke.

by Anonymousreply 8April 12, 2021 10:04 PM

The NRA file for Chapter 11 Bankruptcy in January 2021.

by Anonymousreply 9April 12, 2021 10:11 PM

Donald Trump filed for bankruptcy 6 times before becoming president. He still exists

by Anonymousreply 10April 12, 2021 10:14 PM

I lived in Knoxville for almost 7 years, from the news, it's happened in Austin-East high school, I could be wrong here but most likely it didn't involve white people this time, that part of town are mostly black residents.

by Anonymousreply 11April 13, 2021 12:08 AM

Also this was not the first time Knoxville had school shooting, about 15 years ago when I was still in Knoxville, a high school student killed the principal and injured a few in west part of the town, but for some reason that shooting didn't make the national news.

by Anonymousreply 12April 13, 2021 12:17 AM

You know you're in America when news about a cop shooting someone is interrupted by news about a school shooting

USA! USA!

by Anonymousreply 13April 13, 2021 12:29 AM

And of course, children shooting other children.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14April 13, 2021 12:33 AM

I'd just gone over to the New York Times Website to read up on this, but thought it odd that I could somehow not find an article about it there. Maybe the event or its circumstances didn't quite fit their desired news agenda narrative today, or at all (?).

by Anonymousreply 15April 13, 2021 3:02 AM

[quote] back to normal, like pre-COVID days.

Normal indeed. Shooting address is 2800 Martin Luther King Jr. Avenue. And good news, it's not a school shooting.

The shooting did happen at the school building, but a student did not shoot one of his peers or teachers, which is the typical definition of a school shooting. Apparently shot cops don't count.

TBI Director Davis Rausch clarified: "We have to be careful with our language. ... This wasn't a school shooting. This was an officer-involved shooting inside a school."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16April 13, 2021 7:23 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17April 15, 2021 3:19 PM

So police killed another young black man. Enough is enough. They need to be dismantled. #defundthepolice

by Anonymousreply 18April 15, 2021 7:11 PM

R17 So the young man who was shot was firing at police?

by Anonymousreply 19April 15, 2021 7:31 PM

it's in Knoxville, there won't be any protests from BLM etc, not going to happen.

by Anonymousreply 20April 16, 2021 10:00 AM

[quote] After years of begging the city to put body cams on KPD officers, they finally got them two weeks ago. The city signed a $5 million contract to put a body cam on every uniformed officer. Residents requested the footage, as well as Mayor Kincannon. The DA, Charme Allen, refuses.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21April 16, 2021 9:54 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!