Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Worse blind dates ever!

Sitting at a restaurant and he obviously didn't find me attractive. He himself was a big baldie. Was practically silent throughout the entire meal.

I had a temptation to run to the bathroom and climb out the window, and in retrospect I should have done it.

by Anonymousreply 8April 12, 2021 6:02 PM

I had a date similar to that. I actually invited him over to my house and fixed him dinner. I couldn’t wait for him to leave. I even made him take his bottle of booze with him.

by Anonymousreply 1April 12, 2021 4:52 PM

R1 that was rude of you.

by Anonymousreply 2April 12, 2021 4:55 PM

I once had a similar experience. The guy showed up and was clearly not into me. I wasn't into him physically, either, but was willing to give it a go and try and get to know him.

He was demonstrably detached and intent on displaying his annoyance at having to sit through dinner with me, as if it was physically painful for him. I tried in vain to engage him in conversation, was polite, and went out of my way to try and make the best of it.

About halfway through dinner, I was finished with his rudeness. I told him I needed to use the restroom and excused myself. I found our waiter, paid for the meal, left the waiter a very generous tip, then asked if there was an exit from the restaurant from the back. The waiter led me through the kitchen and out the back way, and I walked home.

Never heard from the asshole again.

by Anonymousreply 3April 12, 2021 4:57 PM

Worse Blind Dates Ever?

Oh, dear!

by Anonymousreply 4April 12, 2021 5:01 PM

Why would an attractive person ever go on a blind date?

by Anonymousreply 5April 12, 2021 5:05 PM

The blind date itself wasn’t so bad - we had dinner and it all seemed perfectly pleasant. I called him a couple of days later (this was pre-internet and cell phone) to see if he wanted to go out again, he said he had another call coming in (remember call waiting?) and needed to call me back. That was 1992 and I am still waiting for that call!

by Anonymousreply 6April 12, 2021 5:36 PM

I know it was a blind date, but when he saw me he didn’t have to say “I wish I were blind!”

by Anonymousreply 7April 12, 2021 5:39 PM

Pic lied... 75 lbs. overweight, food all over his white shirt, and invited me back to "his" place after lunch "because {his} parents were taking a nap. I swear!

by Anonymousreply 8April 12, 2021 6:02 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!