Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

When I first discovered The Data Lounge a decade and a half ago most of the posters were liberal. What happened?

This board, especially the royal threads, seems to be full of right wingers.

by Anonymousreply 62April 21, 2021 5:57 AM

Refusing to worship at the altar of Ginger & Sparkle does not a right-winger make...

Just fuck right off.

by Anonymousreply 1April 12, 2021 9:41 AM

Maybe posters became incapable of using the search feature and/or Google

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2April 12, 2021 9:42 AM

[quote] When I first discovered The Data Lounge a decade and a half ago most of the posters were liberal. What happened?

They got old, and become Klan Grannies.

Plus, most of them are probably British.

by Anonymousreply 3April 12, 2021 9:47 AM

Liberals have changed in the last twenty years. I grew up in the Bill Clinton years before many Libs lost their damn minds. These days everything is “progressive” which mostly sound like SJW bullshit. The kin of self righteous nonsense that it’s supporters don’t even live up to.

by Anonymousreply 4April 12, 2021 9:54 AM

Most liberals aren’t.

Liberals have become the new Nazi party. They do not believe in civil liberties or human freedom.

They only believe in power and control. They have morphed into the Soviets of the 1950s.

by Anonymousreply 5April 12, 2021 9:57 AM

Dataloungers haven't changed. It's leftists that went off the deep end.

by Anonymousreply 6April 12, 2021 10:11 AM

OP:

Do shut up. Go somewhere else if you're so friggin miserable.

by Anonymousreply 7April 12, 2021 10:25 AM

A lot of young things arrived from fresh from their safe spaces. For the first time in their lives, they encountered diverse opinion, and were appalled. SHOCKED. Not only couldn't tolerate reasoned debate, they weren't about to even give it a try, given the state of things seemed to them simple heresy. A reverse of Nature. A challenge to their entire constructed world view and sense of themselves.

Everyone who didn't absolutely agree with their prevailing views was shouted out as a nazi racist pedo (their vocabularies aren't exactly extensive). Given grey lining didn't really work for them, they just became shriller and shriller, until they had breakdowns. They're now heavily doped up on every kind of anti-anxiety medication, and more worried about finding work, so the hysteria has died down.

by Anonymousreply 8April 12, 2021 10:29 AM

Don't let these trolls fool you, OP, the same people in the racebaiting threads are in the anti-Meghan threads and the immigration threads and the anti-trans threads. They are smart enough to avoid most homophobic threads but you'll catch them making homophobic comments here and there, and linking to The Blaze or Breitbart, things like that.

And they're all miserable, nasty little fucks. They act like they own the place, pretend to be moderators, use a shit ton of sockpuppets, clearly have no jobs or family or friends, post several times a day that they wish some DLer they don't like or a black person or Meghan (or whoever they're on a tear about) were dead, and in fact sometimes post very pointed threats.

It's been escalating for years. They're particularly angry right now because there have been about a dozen of these threads calling this group of trolls out.

by Anonymousreply 9April 12, 2021 10:47 AM

The unhinged rage against Meghan Markle reminds me of Trump’s unhinged rage against... well, everything. The obsession with her is truly bizarre.

by Anonymousreply 10April 12, 2021 11:01 AM

[quote]most of the posters were liberal

Back then "liberal" meant something very different indeed.

by Anonymousreply 11April 12, 2021 11:12 AM

Oh stop whining because everybody won't post what you want. Christ in heaven. Just go then.

by Anonymousreply 12April 12, 2021 11:34 AM

[quote]Dataloungers haven't changed. It's leftists that went off the deep end.

Now there's a truth.

by Anonymousreply 13April 12, 2021 11:36 AM

Same as it ever was, same as it ever was

by Anonymousreply 14April 12, 2021 12:17 PM

Simple. “If you are not a liberal when you are young, you have no heart, and if you are not a conservative when old, you have no brain.”

by Anonymousreply 15April 12, 2021 1:07 PM

Wow this thread has certainly proved your point OP. Many have FF’d it. Yes Lots of right wing nut jobs posting here. I do think DL for whatever reason—probably it’s way more prominent than years ago—pulls right wingers and bots, and they’re the ones who post crap. But the people who have been here forever (the vast majority of posters) avoid these posts. And you idiots here who say the left is the new Nazi party? It’s such an idiotic comment that it actually makes me laugh, it’s so ludicrous.

by Anonymousreply 16April 12, 2021 1:13 PM

I'm glad, R16.

by Anonymousreply 17April 12, 2021 1:15 PM

Most DLers will adamantly insist they are “liberal” and lifelong Democrats and they honestly believe it. However, once you get into actual political views, you find that many of their views are conservative or at least centrist. It’s a peculiar phenomenon, and shows that the label is meaningless on DL. If you want to know their true political inclination, you have to ask about views on specific issues.

by Anonymousreply 18April 12, 2021 1:16 PM

Right but Democrats can't be centrist?

by Anonymousreply 19April 12, 2021 1:18 PM

If you are centrist, then you are not “liberal”.

by Anonymousreply 20April 12, 2021 1:24 PM

Right but it does mean you are not a Democrat.

by Anonymousreply 21April 12, 2021 1:27 PM

Pinterest frau CUNTS showed up.

by Anonymousreply 22April 12, 2021 1:36 PM

The gays are not immune to the radicalized right.

by Anonymousreply 23April 12, 2021 1:50 PM

I'm very liberal with the exception of the trans issues, where I proudly side with the TERFs.

by Anonymousreply 24April 12, 2021 2:20 PM

A centrist? A CENTRIST??!?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25April 12, 2021 2:28 PM

[quote] I'm very liberal with the exception of the trans issues

What are some issues on which you are very liberal?

by Anonymousreply 26April 12, 2021 2:28 PM

r26 the issues of communist bakeries with bread made from the infected loins of biological womyn

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27April 12, 2021 2:36 PM

There are two groups frequenting Datalounge, who have a vested interest in shouting down voices like the OP.

1. Right-Wing Brexiters from the UK, Klan Granny, Markle Hating, Monarchist PSYCHOS. They're probably the ones who have gotten this thread "grayed out," because they hate being called out on their hate mongering and racism.

2. The Russians are back. Read through the thread about MSNBC showing a week's worth of specials about the January 6 insurrection, starting with Richard Engel's "On Assignment" report. The Russian-bots are back trying to pretend like January 6 was really just "nothing" but a few protestors who came to Washington, and then left peacefully. BULLSHIT. They came to overthrow the government at Trump's urging, and with Putin's backing.

Make no mistake, Datalounge.

There are elements posting here, that are sinister and right-wing.

They would love nothing more than to sew hatred and discord. Be wary.

by Anonymousreply 28April 12, 2021 3:32 PM

Doctors can help you, R28.

by Anonymousreply 29April 12, 2021 3:40 PM

Thanks R9 and R16.

This place used to just be bitchy fun.

There were lots of gay men taking swipes at lesbians but the lesbians put them in their place.

George W Bush was considered public enemy number 1 by the majority of posters. Now some of the people on here are using Trump's talking points.

by Anonymousreply 30April 12, 2021 3:40 PM

r28, you’re a loon, so we need a category for that as well, for you and the other loon trolls.

by Anonymousreply 31April 12, 2021 3:42 PM

Oh, I forgot to add that they try to brush you off as being "crazy," when you tell the truth about them.

Just see what R29 is trying to do.

by Anonymousreply 32April 12, 2021 3:43 PM

[quote] Oh, I forgot to add that they try to brush you off as being "crazy," when you tell the truth about them.

So you are saying strangers are out to get you. Would you, or people who know you, also say you have any aggression, agitation, compulsive behavior, excitability, hostility, repetitive movements, self-harm, or lack of restraint? It seems like you have already exhibited several of these behaviors here.

by Anonymousreply 33April 12, 2021 3:51 PM

Yes, the trolls are just mad because they're getting pushback. They want to advance the narrative that their views are the prevailing ones here and, as R32 mentions, that the posters who are calling them out are "paranoid schizophrenics" who need to take their meds.

by Anonymousreply 34April 12, 2021 3:52 PM

Well, can you just try taking your meds first, and then see where you land?

by Anonymousreply 35April 12, 2021 3:53 PM

Most of the right wing posters here have a pattern of clearing out their cookies/using multiple devices. I bet they don’t have subscriptions either.

by Anonymousreply 36April 12, 2021 3:54 PM

See also what R31/R33 is trying to do.

A common troll tactic is to constantly discredit your accuser.

Trump did this EVERY SINGLE DAY of his "presidency." So take note of that.

The more they deny who they are and what they're doing, the more you know it's true.

Russian Bots, Klan Grannies and Brexiters.

by Anonymousreply 37April 12, 2021 3:56 PM

Yup. R37. They’re all about gaslighting and insulting. Well, Dump is the master of it, and they learned at his feet for sure.

by Anonymousreply 38April 12, 2021 3:59 PM

RUSSIANS!!!!!!!

Jesus, find a new scapegoat. Or some actual evidence.

MSNBC and CNN have actually convinced a significant minority of idiots that THE RUSSIANS control half our country.

by Anonymousreply 39April 12, 2021 4:05 PM

r38, so you believe there is a conspiracy. Are there other conspiracy theories you believe to be true about DL or the world in general?

by Anonymousreply 40April 12, 2021 4:11 PM

OP: When I first discovered The Data Lounge a decade and a half ago, I thought I had found a forum where I could impose my will with a coterie of like-minded fascists.

How very dare you entertain a diversity of opinions!!!

I shall stamp my bright red shoe until you obey. Yes, I will! Yes, I will! Yes, I will!

Mommy caved when I did it. Why won't you?!!!!

by Anonymousreply 41April 12, 2021 4:14 PM

[quote] RUSSIANS!!!!!!!

[quote] Jesus, find a new scapegoat

Yeah, the only problem is that they're not merely a "scapegoat" as you put it, but a real and present enemy threat to our country.

This has been PROVEN by our intelligence agencies, but R40, Trump, and Putin continue to deny it.

Nevertheless, Biden is COMING for you. So start running, cunt faces! Because he's gonna catch you and PUNISH you for what you did to our election in 2016, and what you did to our country on January 6.

by Anonymousreply 42April 12, 2021 4:15 PM

R28 The Meghan loons aren't British. A couple of them (badly) pretend to be British but they're all middle-aged American women, a lot of them also posting on LSA.

by Anonymousreply 43April 12, 2021 4:16 PM

What are the odds OP is the screaming Harvard bint?

"Muriel, you should step down! You're not providing a HOME here. Do you HEAR ME?! A HOME!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44April 12, 2021 4:20 PM

R42

Link?

Every allegation of Russian interference has been thoroughly debunked. You are a gullible fucking moron.

by Anonymousreply 45April 12, 2021 4:27 PM

Now I know you're a troll, R45.

Don't worry. Biden will cut off Russia and isolate you.

You'll run out of food and be starved out of existence.

You will pay for what you did to our country.

by Anonymousreply 46April 12, 2021 4:31 PM

Now you have a "poop troll" to worry about, op.

by Anonymousreply 47April 13, 2021 5:52 AM

The "poop troll" who was spamming DL several hours ago has at least one authenticated account, LeonardPinthGarnell. He was using multiple accounts, every single one of those poop threads was posted or bumped by a separate account, so at least 15, maybe more. He also comments on his own posts with his sockpuppets.

Like I said in this other thread, I wish DLers understood just how many people here had dozens of accounts and spent hours upon hours a day trolling this place.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48April 13, 2021 12:59 PM

R48, I can believe that. There is no other way to explain why this site has moved from mostly bitchy to mostly angry with life. Too many people/bots from totalitarian countries have moved in.

by Anonymousreply 49April 14, 2021 7:26 AM

[quote]There is no other way to explain why this site has moved from mostly bitchy to mostly angry with life.

I've been here since before it was turned into a marketing channel for some ex-drag queen's novel and you're right... that is the essence of the site then and now. Great observation. I'd only add that back then the site was much more strictly governed. It was often unfair and intolerant (thou shalt honour thy authenticateds) but it was not the nutbin and BDSM dungeon it is now. I'm not saying it was better but it was different in a less worst of the internet way.

by Anonymousreply 50April 14, 2021 3:44 PM

BDSM dungeon..... hahahaaaaaaahaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

You made my day, R50!

by Anonymousreply 51April 14, 2021 3:47 PM

[quote]it was not the nutbin and BDSM dungeon it is now.

Nutbin, yes. But where is this BDSM dungeon of which you speak?

by Anonymousreply 52April 14, 2021 3:52 PM

Keep in mind that R50 earlier in the thread said that "leftists" were ruining DL, and by "leftist" he meant "Democrat," so be aware that he thinks DL is a nutbin because of liberals and that he's almost surely consigned both of you to said nutbin, r51 and r52.

Oh, and R51? If you're the OP, he already told you to "stop whining because everybody won't post what you want."

A lot of shit going on here could be fixed if posters remained anonymous but had to use some kind of username, so people would know when the "fuck you" guy earlier in the thread was ALSO the "I so agree with you" guy later in the thread.

by Anonymousreply 53April 14, 2021 4:01 PM

It is possible to hold more than one opinion at the same time, R53, as it is possible for the OP to be potentially insulted by one reply and amused by another.

Happy stalking, dear.

by Anonymousreply 54April 14, 2021 4:05 PM

And unhinged lefties are definitely doing their part to ruin the place these days. Extremes on either side are.

by Anonymousreply 55April 14, 2021 4:06 PM

The world has to change, and even you, OP, has gotten 100 lbs fatter. Massive transformation, I see.

by Anonymousreply 56April 14, 2021 4:11 PM

Poster #5

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57April 14, 2021 4:11 PM

[quote]even you, OP, has gotten 100 lbs fatter.

Oh, dear!

by Anonymousreply 58April 14, 2021 4:12 PM

Stalking cuts both ways, R53 etc is a perpetual hall monitor, thread minder, troll paranoid, and... Meghastan.

Life is not going her way.

by Anonymousreply 59April 14, 2021 4:13 PM

Goodness, but there are lots of butthurt MAGA turds trolling today. They're mad that they lost, so they want to burn down Datalounge. Happily, it's easy to make them disappear! :)

by Anonymousreply 60April 18, 2021 8:45 PM

SJWs are the new fascists. Fuck 'em. Most people are centists.

by Anonymousreply 61April 18, 2021 9:26 PM

Are they MAGAts or Russian trolls? And why are they on DL, a message board designed with LGBTQI+ people in mind? They seem like typical angry straight men who live in a small apartment with a wife they hate and 4 snot-filled children they didn't plan for.

by Anonymousreply 62April 21, 2021 5:57 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!