Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

It's snowing!

It's April. Fuck this shit. I want spring.

by Anonymousreply 16April 12, 2021 3:30 PM

Every year where I live spring hits and all the trees blossom, and then it freezes, killing all the blooms before the bees and other pollinators come out. It sucks.

by Anonymousreply 1April 12, 2021 5:45 AM

Where do you live?

by Anonymousreply 2April 12, 2021 5:46 AM

70's weather where I live.

by Anonymousreply 3April 12, 2021 5:56 AM

R3 Ugh I'm jealous. April has been cold this year. I mean, it's not unusual if it's snowing in March. I consider March part of winter. But April is when it's supposed to get warmer. Where I live it's unusual for snow in April. I live in southern Norway btw. We're almost halfway through the month. I already changed tires on my car from winter to summer. It's not supposed to snow in fucking April. Thank god I have home office and don't have to drive to work today.

by Anonymousreply 4April 12, 2021 6:45 AM

Today in the UK the shops and pubs are opening up again and it's just started snowing.

by Anonymousreply 5April 12, 2021 6:48 AM

R5, a Brit colleague at work was fuming over shops reopening today and not remaining closed during the mourning period. Are shops and pubs normally expected to remain closed during the official mourning period?

by Anonymousreply 6April 12, 2021 6:50 AM

R6 No they're not. Your colleague is an idiot and is probably the only person outside of the Royal Family to care about the mourning period. Even the BBC has gone back to normal already.

by Anonymousreply 7April 12, 2021 6:59 AM

LA has had the best spring in years.

And, not to sound stupid, but I'd assume snow in Norway wouldn't be that strange, no?

by Anonymousreply 8April 12, 2021 7:23 AM

R8 I mean it has happened. Snow in April and even May, heck even in the middle of summer, but it's rare. Especially where I live, in the southern part.

by Anonymousreply 9April 12, 2021 7:41 AM

R4, I hope that you will enjoy some warmer weather soon. Stay safe.

by Anonymousreply 10April 12, 2021 12:25 PM

Meh, the cold keeps the ticks down.

by Anonymousreply 11April 12, 2021 12:27 PM

April is the cruelest month.

by Anonymousreply 12April 12, 2021 12:33 PM

R10 Thanks. It's supposed to get warmer fairly soon, though we will still have cold nights with freezing temps. Oh well. As long as it's sunny and fairly warm during the day I don't mind.

by Anonymousreply 13April 12, 2021 12:38 PM

London.

Heat on. I'm making soup.

My fruit trees seem reluctant to full blossom - they're half there and have been for over a week.

by Anonymousreply 14April 12, 2021 12:41 PM

Spring came in mid- or late-January. No heating or air conditioning since, excepting a few scattered days early on.

by Anonymousreply 15April 12, 2021 2:54 PM

I'm slapping faces viciously to warm up

by Anonymousreply 16April 12, 2021 3:30 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!